Other Shampoos:
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Pros

Cons

This stuff is unbelievable!

I tried this one weekend away at my brother and sister in laws Cape house. They always have the best of everything, and it's fun to try new things while I am there. Well, It was an unbelievable product! The bubbles were soft, and creamy, almost sensual. It immediatley made my hair feel soft and supple and cared for. Even after rinsing, and before using the conditioner, my hair was still soft, and clean feeling. This stuff is a keeper. Never without it now!

Nice shampoo, but horrible scernt

I recently tried a sample of the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo. First of all, I was thrown back by the very purple color of the shampoo. Secondly, the scent really hit me. In my opinion, it is way too fragrant, and, unfortunately, it is not a fragrance I am liking. It is really a shame, because otherwise, I was very impressed with the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo. It felt like it cleaned my hair very well while nourishing it at the same time, leaving my hair very smooth and silky. I probably would not have even needed to use a conditioner afterwards, despite having very long hair, which tangles easily. Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo in the future. And despite it being a very effective shampoo, I am not even sure I will finish the sample bottle that I have due to the scent being so much to my disliking.

The shampoo felt like it cleaned my hair very well without drying it out at all.

I did not care for the scent at all, and it was much too strong.

Pureology's One of the BEST shampoo's I have ever used! LOVE IT!

from Danville, IN

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

I love Pureology's shampoo & conditioner. I have long hair and this shampoo makes my hair smooth, shiny and hydrated. I only wash it every other day. The scent from the shampoo is very refreshing.
Just a little bit of this shampoo goes a long way. With hair down to my bra line, just about a quarter size amount, or a bit more. Add to wet hair and Pureology will lather up and make hair look it's best. It will be hydrated and shiny.
Now that I have used this product, it's hard for me to use anything else. I have been using this for about a month now. I have noticed a real difference in my hair. I thought it was shiny before, but now it looks amazing.
I do go every other day between washes. I was told by stylist that, it's best not to wash everyday. Although she told me if I use Pureology it's OK to use everyday.
I am hooked on this shampoo and will never use another brand again.

Very effective. Just a little goes a long way. My hair is shiny in know time..

Refreshing scent!! Love the minty invigorating scent.

Nice shampoo, but horrible scernt

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

I did not care for the scent at all, and it was much too strong.

Excellent quality!

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

The Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is the best quality shampoo that I have ever purchased. It made my hair silky smooth, but not greasy. It also made my hair smell absolutely incredible! I highly recommend this product. While this product is a bit expensive, I found it to be well worth the extra money.

Love this stuff!

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

Pureology Hydrate Shampoo really blew me away. I was surprised that a shampoo that claims to have zero sulfates was able to clean my hair so well, and produce a nice rich lather. It has a concentrated formula so the consistency is really nice, and you do not need to use that much to get all of your hair cleansed. And it's gentle enough on hair for everyday use. I would recommend this hair to anyone that has either color treated hair, or just anyone looking for a new favorite shampoo.

After using Pureology Hydrate Shampoo for a few washes I noticed that my hair had more shine, more body, it was much softer to the touch and it helped to eliminate my frizz. It also played nicely with my dyed hair. I did notice that my hair color did not fade as fast as it did with other shampoos.

I love the scent of this so much! It smells like candy, just a less sweet version of candy, but still super yummy smelling.

Absolutely Amazing

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

For about the last 10 years, I have only used Salon quality products, so all my opinions are based on what you can buy at stores like Beauty Brands, Aveda, or in Salons/ through stylists. I got a sample of this and am obsessed. It smells so nice and clean, hints of tea tree- so refreshing. It is a very thick consistency. Not excessively bubbly- although does have a nice foamy feel once on your hair. I felt that I got a very nice clean, without stripping my hair (which is fine strands, but thick hair) It did not weigh my hair down even though I went crazy with the conditioner. My hair felt very soft and silky. I would definitely recommend, especially for colored, fine or oily hair.

Resulting hair was very clean, without feeling stripped, smooth, silky, easy to work with. The shampoo and conditioner were both very thick but washed out well with no build up.

Smells very high end- reminds me of mint or tea tree oil, very aromatherapy.

Pureology is GREAT!

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

I had a midsize "grease" spot on the crown of my head after having a hysterectomy. I am guessing it was from hormones. I tried everything to get rid of it. I bought a ton of different items, researched, did experiments with kitchen items (lol) and nothing seemed to make it go away with it returning a few days later. My relative suggested Pureology and after one use it went away and has yet to come back. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and my hair feels so much smoother, thicker, and looks more healthy. The shampoo and conditioner are spendy so I switch between it and pantene every other shower and I have not had any issues! I also have very long hair and only need about a nickel size of both to fully clean and condition my hair. I love it and would recommend it to anyone even if you are not experiencing the same problem that I had. It is a great product that deserves recognition.

Has a natural smell.

Better than most

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

I unfortunately have had to been coloring my hair since I was in my mid-twenties. At first I did not use professional hair products. As time went on and my grays got worse, I realized that it just made sense to spend the extra money in order to maintain my color. My hair stylist who was also the owner of the salon suggested that I use the Pureology line. I really like the product at first. It really had a thick rich lather. I really enjoyed the smell as well. My hair felt very clean as well. As far as helping maintain my color, I don't really feel there was any difference. I still was having to have my color done every 4 weeks. I used the shampoo for a couple of years and then eventually stopped. I felt that it started to dry my hair out. I had 3 children during this time and my hair did start to change. I know this is rather common after women having children so I'm not sure if it was the shampoo or if it was my hair changing due to having children. Currently at this time I am not using this product, but I would recommend trying it out.

Wish I Could Use All the Time!!

from Virginia

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

This shampoo is well worth the cost if you can afford it! I received a sample and after using I instantly noticed a difference in my hair! My hair felt smooth and manageable. I forked out the money and paid for a set which had both shampoo and conditioner. Within a week the results were unbelievable lets just day I had a good hair day everyday. I had been using grocery store shampoos, and I can see a big difference while using salon grade products. But I am unable to pay the high prices expected even though salon products are so much better!
Pureology Shampoo breathed life back into my hair. My hair looked hydrated and felt slick and healthier. I highly recommend this shampoo to anyone who has dry brittle hair. The ingredients in this shampoo helps protect the damage of heat and everyday wear and tear on hair.

Amazed at how quick it made a difference in my dry brittle hair.

Lovely scent, not too strong but fresh clean scent.

Didn't Give Me That Wow Effect

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

I have long, curly, thick hair and I am constantly using products that severely damage it. My hair was so bad at one point in time it felt like straw and started to fall out of my head. I have tried many different shampoos from cheap to expensive. This product is more on the expensive side so I thought it would do great things to my hair. This product did work after time. But I do not have the money to keep using it when it was only showing a slow process to repairing my hair. I can not say this product is a bad product. This product just takes a good amount of time to start working. After buying my second bottle I swore I would not buy anymore and I haven't. I used this for about two and a half months before the second bottle finally ran out. I then started to use Nexus shampoo and after the third wash my hair felt clean, natural, and healthy. That is what I wanted this product to do which I am sure it would if I kept using it. I have now been buying Nexus instead of this product. I recommend you taking a chance on it. Some shampoos only work with certain types of hair at different speeds. This product just wasn't fast enough for me.

This shampoo was taking a long time to repair my hair. I could see a difference but it was a very small difference. This shampoo is meant to be used for a long period of time to see the results you want.

This shampoo did not smell the best but it wasn't horrible. I like shampoos that you can smell in your hair after you get out of the shower. This is not one of them

Nice Shampoo but Very Overpriced

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Pureology Hydrate Shampoo:

My hair was getting quite dry from blow drying, washing and the cold weather and it looked dull and felt brittle. I needed a trip to my local salon for a haircut and while I was there I asked her what shampoos were good for dry and damaged hair, she suggested a few and this Pureolgy Hydrate Shampoo was one of them. I had never tried it before as usually I buy my shampoo in the local drug store. I decided to give it a try despite the high price tag of almost 25.00. They don't sell this shampoo everywhere and generally you can only find it in a salon or spa type shop. It is a nice shampoo, it lathers up well and rinses out leaving your hair feeling clean and restored. It helped with the dryness leaving my hair smooth and soft. It rinsed out clean and had a very nice citrus scent. It did help do the job for which I bought it to do although I do not think it was worth the high price . I did not think it was much better than a cheaper shampoo.