Other Shampoos:

Redken Color Extend Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Expensive, but worth it!

Like **Redken **color extending conditioner, the shampoo works really well. I've read reviews where you don't have to use shampoo with conditioner and that may very well be true. But I know that this works on my hair and I'm loathe to take the pair away from one another. I learned the hard way by not using my **Redken **Shampoo that my color would fade faster and my hair would be less healthy.

I stopped using this because it's expensive (though honestly for good reason and you can find deals; you just have to look hard!) and tried the over the counter things. They faded my hair faster in 8 weeks and it was so funny that my stylist pin-pointed it the second I went to see her. She said "Your hair has faded so much faster than before. Are you using the **Redken**?" I of course was forced to say no and again learn the hard way!

It's great to buy this and the conditioner in the liter bottles because you can usually find a deal for them together. They truly do work, at least for red hair, which is what I get mine dyed. I notice that the color fades nicely and at the end of my 8 weeks everyone is always asking me if I just had my hair done! It's so funny because I'm shocked they can't notice my roots.

Great shampoo and conditioner is hard to find. You have to try so many before you can find one that really works. This one definitely does.

It does what its suppose to

redken shampoo softens the hair. i have really corse thick hair and finding shampoo that works for me is hard. i want it to soften and moisturize. this shampoo does that for me and when put together with its conditioner it leaves the hair feeling refreshed and smelling goodi . unfortunately i wasn't pleasently surprised but needless to say the it does what i bought it for and i was happy i didn't waste my money on something that do anything.  i would suggest this product for someone who is looking to restore their hair after its been damged by color treatment or perm.  the one downfall of the conditioner to this set is that it doesn't deep condition.

As Good As Any Other, But Better?

from Potomac, MD

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

Redken makes good products. I don't think they make amazing products. And I think this is the only Redken product that is in my hair rotation at all. This is my go to shampoo when I am running low and need shampoo because it is easy to find and the price isn't bad. This is the shampoo I use when I am just washing my bangs because it is gentle. The shampoo lathers up nicely and you don't need a lot. My hair tends to take on brassy notes if exposed to the sun, but I am finding that using a color specific shampoo as well as not washing every day has gone a long way to keeping the brassiness toned down. As does a hat. The shampoo does not have any overpowering scent, it is creamy (so easy to squish between hands before applying to hair) and gentle on my hair. Colored hair requires a lot of care to keep the color alive and true and I don't think Redken Extend will let you down. I also think you can find shampoos at all price points that will deliver the same results so don't run out to buy this one.

Love,Love,Love this product

from Warren, OH

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I will never use anything but Redken on my color treated hair. It is the BEST. I have used these products for 3 years now with NO complaints And you can get it cheaper at thre salon in WalMart.

It makes your hair shine. makes the color and highlights POP. LOVE it.

The scent could be a little better but it's livable

Expensive, but a great product!

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I really like almost all Redken products. They are a bit more expensive than what I like to pay for hair care, but if I find a great sale I will purchase Redken products. I am 33 and have a few stubborn gray hairs, so I touch up my roots every few weeks. I also have ombre highlights, so the ends of my hair tend to get quite dry. I need products that will keep my color looking vibrant, moisturize the dry ends, yet avoid making my hair greasy. This can be a tricky combination, but Redken color care products work perfectly. The only negative aspect is the price. The shampoo and conditioner are both great products. This Redken color care shampoo has an excellent consistency, great lather, and a fresh scent. The scent is light and pleasant. It rinses clean and leaves my hair feeling nice after I wash it out. I usually follow up with the Redken color care conditioner, but I've used other inexpensive color care conditioners with this shampoo as well. I normally blow dry my hair, and it immediately feels very clean and soft. This shampoo is just fantastic!

Should have never switched!

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I'm giving this a four because had my hair NOT been color treated it would have been a wonderful product. The shampoo itself cleans really well, has a pleasant smell, and lasts for a long time. But it does not help with fade! I can not stress that enough. I got this off a recommendation from a hair stylist who swore by it. I figured I would give it a chance and put my Tressa on the shelf for a while. Even though this shampoo does not have sulfates in it, it still made my hair color bleed like crazy during the wash. I lost a LOT of pigment really quickly.

Like I said for a shampoo, it was effective. It cleans your hair really well, but it DOES NOT help for keeping the longevity of hair color.

The shampoo smells really clean. It doesn't smell super flowery, or like a fruit, or some tropical get away. It simply has a really clean scent. And the scent stays for a while after the shampooing (For me this was a plus, simply because I like my hair smelling like something other than hair).

Redken shampoo for color treated hair....2 thumbs up!

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I give this product a 10 because it is just fabulous in every way imaginable! I've used many different Redken products and not one has ever disappointed me and this one is no exception. For the results you get, the price is definitely worth it. If you want your color to last longer, your hair feel like silky and fresh, an aroma to just die for, then this product is right for you.
So give it a try, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

I do believe it allowed my hair color to last longer. I haven't been able to say that about any other product I've used. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Redken product and that is very true about this product. Not to mention the bonuses of a pleasing scent and hair that feels so smooth after using it. Another hit in my book from Redken!

Come on, it's Redken! Smells heavenly, just like when you walk out of a salon! Not to mention that it makes your hair feel silky smooth to the touch.

I highly recommend.

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

Although I had heard of the Redken line of hair products, I had not used them until I started going to a new hair stylist who loved to do color. I have long brown hair which I get both colored and highlighted regularly. My new stylist (who I now go to regularly) uses all Redken products not because she has to, but because she loves them. She owns her own salon so she has the final say in what products to order. I inquired about what shampoo she had used on my hair and what shampoo she recommended for color treated hair, and she recommended this shampoo. I have been using the Redken line ever since. It words great. It is more expensive than your average shampoo sold at grocery stores and drugstores, but not as expensive as other salon brands.

Lathers up nicely and helps keep color treated hair healthy with longer lasting color.

Pleasant scent; not a lot of scent if you are looking for a noticeably great smelling shampoo.

one of the best shampoos out there for color treated hair

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I always color my hair and need that shampoo that will help keep my shield my color from fading. I tried this Redken color extend shampoo and it works so good on my color treated hair. It doesn't make my hair color look dull. Its so gentle to use everyday and it doesn't strip out my color. My hair always looks shiny and the color always looks vibrant. I never see my color bleed out when I use this shampoo. It seals in my color to help keep it to look radiant each time. It deep cleans my hair from root to tip and it protects to seal in my color in. It leaves my hair looking a lot healthier and a lot smoother. This is a big time money saver because it helps keep the color to last long. This shampoo is a bit pricey but its totally worth the money. This bottle always lasts me a long time because I always use a small amount. I would recommend this to anybody who has color treated hair that wants to keep there color looking refreshed everytime they wash there hair.

The best brand shampoo I've used.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I cannot normally afford this brand, but I treated myself the last time I went to the hairstylist. Now I am hooked. It is honestly the best brand of hair product that I have ever used. I color my hair every other month and this shampoo really helps keep my hair beautiful and the color bright. I also noticed that my hair is softer and has more volume than before I started using Redken. I normally have fine hair that can seem flat, so I will take any type of volume I can get. This product is usually only available at beauty stores and hair salons. I always look for a deal when I purchase it. Because of the cost, I do not use it every day. I use it maybe once or twice a week to make it last longer. If you really want your color to last longer, this is the brand of shampoo for you.

You will not be disappointed at the effectiveness of this shampoo. It keeps your color strong and your hair soft. My hair is more beautiful than it was before. I love it.

A great Shampoo to prevent your hair from fading.

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

The Redken Color Extend Shampoo is a really great shampoo for anyone who gets their hair colored. I was a skeptic for a long time about more expensive shampoos for color treated hair. Redken Color Extend was actually the first color extending shampoo I had ever tried. Previously I had thought any store bought shampoo would to the trick. Boy was I wrong. This kept my dark brown dark so much longer than when I had tried something from the store. (I had been using baby shampoo thinking that would be gentle). It has a pretty good lather and leaves your hair feeling clean. It has UVA/UVB protection, so it is keeping it from fading by protecting it from the sun. The conditioner pairs great with it. Using the combination will allow your color to last even longer! My root color would grow out faster than the color would fade.

The shampoo does what it is suppose to. It isn't harsh on the hair, so color stays longer than if you used any old shampoo.

The scent is pretty neutral. It doesn't fill up the room or linger.

Makes color last, keeps hair healthy

Comments about Redken Color Extend Shampoo:

I really wish that Redken Color Extend Shampoo wasn't as expensive as it is, but considering that getting a good color job isn't cheap, the investment is worth it. The shampoo has a really great scent that's not at all overbearing, unlike most shampoos, and it never dries out my hair. It not only makes my color last 2x longer than it does using other color preserving shampoos, but it makes my hair vibrant and shiny and smooth. It lathers really nicely, which I like in a shampoo, and when I use it I notice that my hair seems stronger and smoother and that I don't have any new split ends.

I would really recommend Redken Color Extend Shampoo (and Conditioner and all the treatment - really, anything in the Redken Color Extend line of products) to any one who wants to have healthy, beautiful hair as well as preserve their hair color - and it really does preserve hair color, keeping it as vibrant and beautiful as the first day!