Other Shampoos:
TRESemme
TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo

TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo

Tresemme ColorThrive does what it claims

I keep a bottle of both Tresemme ColorThrive and its companion conditioner on hand, and have ever since it was introduced on the market.

This is a lovely shampoo with a terrific...Read complete review

This is a lovely shampoo with a terrific non-sneezy fragrance that gives chemically treated hair softness and sheen many other commercial products can not genuinely lay claim too. That said, when you've got fine hair and lots of it, using Tresemme ColorThrive regularly will make your hair unmanagable, as in "too" soft.

If however, you have coarse, damaged or lots of frizzy hair, and don't have the issue of fine locks, this is absolutely the shampoo for the in home hair colorist, It keeps its promise, so your color will last a bit longer (who doesn't wish for that?), alongside the big bonus; it is very inexpensive. That huge bottle will last a good, long time even for those who shampoo every day.

TRESemme-enhances color, but leaves hair dry

I originally began using TRESemme after recently dying my hair for the first time. Having been that my hair was healthy and shiny, and was mosturized and had no split ends previous to dying my hair, one color treatment wasnt going to change that. After I left the saloon my hair had been shampooed and was still healthy, the stylist said I needed a color treating shampoo so I tried TRESemme. After 2 weeks of using TRESemme, my hair was getting more and more frizzy, and I noticed my hair was no longer well mosturized. I felt that this Shampoo sucked the moisture right out of my hair, I had never been a girl that was worried about having healthy hair. If you have healthy hair to begin with I suggest staying away fromo TRESemme shampoo if you would like to keep your hair healthy. If you are already worried about the health of your hair, I can't imagine the continuous damage this shampoo will cause. If you have color treated hair, there are many alternitives to TRESemme.

This shampoo works okay, but didn't save my color much.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

I usually enjoy TRESemme' products, but this one disappointed me a little. I bought this at one point to see if it really helped my color "thrive" so to speak. I paid a little more than I wanted to, but I had a gift card, so I was okay with the price. The first time I used it, I liked it. I liked how it smelled on my hair a lot. My husband commented on how much he liked the scent in my hair and it definitely made me smile. That won points for the shampoo. Also, my hair felt very light and clean, just how I like it to feel after using a good shampoo. I did not notice any difference in my color, but I would not expect to after the first use. However, after a couple of weeks, I noticed that my color was dimming and it was definitely not thriving because I was using this shampoo. I did not notice that my color lasted a little bit longer, but not all that much to really make a difference. For the cost of the shampoo, I would have thought it would have worked better to preserve the color I had used on my hair. I would recommend this shampoo if someone is looking for a shampoo with a great scent, but not necessarily for color preservation.

Tresemme ColorThrive does what it claims

from Tionesta, PA

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo is the best there is!

from Winona, MS

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

I absolutely love this shampoo. I tend to dye my hair a lot and have suffered from dry brittle hair. I have tried almost every shampoo under the sun and have found that TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo is the only one that has helped to keep my locks soft and healthy. Since using it I have had eighty percent less breakage on my hair and a hundred percent more compliments on how beautiful it is. I also have to say that with using TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo my dye job has lasted twice as long with out fading. Which not only saves me money on the shampoo itself which can be bought at a great bargain, but also with saving on the cost of dye kits. And with paired with the conditioner it makes a great combo. I find that I can't go wrong with TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo. And my husband adores the scent of it. So much infact that he requested that I only use TRESemme in the future. And I have to agree with him TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo has a wonderful scent to it. If you haven't used this product before I highly recommend that you give it a try.

Loving this shampoo!

from Orem, UT

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

Tresemme ColorThrive Shampoo has been amazing! Paired with the conditioner, my hair doesn't feel this good except right after the salon! I recently had to switch to another brand that is supposed to be comparable, but it is not nearly as cleansing. As soon as I can get to the store I'm buying more Tresemme!

Great shampoo for people who love color but are on a budget!

from Stockton, NJ

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

I love to get my hair highlighted but lets face it, it can get very expensive. With that said, spending a lot of money on a color is only worth it if the color stays well until your next appointment. Although I am tempted to but Redken and the products available there at the salon, it's not a reality for me because I just can't squeeze it into my budget. I love TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo because it allows me to get that salon shampoo feeling without paying big bucks for it! My color always looks great after shampooing many times and this product helps prevent against color fade while still providing a good clean for my hair. The biggest factor about this product is the fact that it is affordable yet provides a salon quality feel.

TRESemme Give me some more!

from Lehigh Acres, FL

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

Tresemme Color Thrive Shampoo turned out to be a fantastically great product, I was suprised at how much I enjoyed it, though, I was skeptic due to the fact that it produced a lot of soapy - suddyness and bubbles which I believe I read from some where or heard from some one that the saopy-suddyness and bubbles are produced as a reactant when mixed with water from a product that is actually not very good and healthy for someone's hair at all. The product was not found to dry out my hair, other people in my family and friends circle also use a variety of TRESemme products and have had no problem at all with TRESemme, having used TRESemme products for years. There is not an overwhelming sent with TRESemme Color Thrive Shampoo, it a clean subtle smell, not over-powering. Though, on the opposite side, but yet another great positive is that TRESemme Color Thrive Shampoo is salon quality. I would recommend to friends, and I have recommended it!

TRESemme is worth the money

from Bulverde, TX

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

My hair can get really dry and brittle after coloring. Many times I find it hard to manage and the more I wash my hair the duller the color becomes. It seems to lose the shine almost immediatley after the first shampooing. That usually encourages me to color my hari sooner to restore the bright color and make it look more lively. I never thought it could be connected to my shampoo.  Since I was coiloring so often the condition seemed to only be getting worse and worse, I bought a  bottle of the Tresemme Color Thrive Shampoo on a sale at our local drug store. From almost the first shanpooing I could see and feel the difference. My color was more vibrant and the hair seemed much healthier. After only a few weeks of using the Tresemme I knew this was the shampoo I needed to continue using. I was able to stretch out the time between my coloring and recoloring my hair. That alone made my hair healthier and I am saving money by not buying so much haircolor.

TRESsemme ColorThrive Shampoo Works Wonders!

from Shelby, NC

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo works wonders. I know this because I have used other shampoos that are supposedly for color-treated hair, but they do not work. I have tried probably all the others. this shampoo really extends the life of my coloring. It also leaves my hair soft and shiny and feeling wonderful. No more tangles, either. Frizz? No frizz when one uses this conditioner. It is very inexpensive as well.

average color protection product

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

I'm currently using this product and I find it to be average.  I've used other color protection shampoos that have worked much better for my hair.  For some reason, this product does not leave my hair feeling clean for very long.  I don't like to shampoo my hair daily as it is bad for hair.  I normally wash every 3 days, but by the second day, I feel that my hair is getting dirtier quicker with use of this shampoo.  My hair begins to show oily residue at the top of the scalp by the second day, which means I need to wash it again.  I am washing more frequently with this product than I would like to.  I've also found that my color has started to fade and that may be because I am washing more frequently or it may also be because the shampoo is just not performing for me.   I can't say for sure.  The product size is generous and the price is affordable, but I don't think this product works for my hair type and skin type on my scalp nor does it work with the coloring product I use.

Tresemme Colorthrive Shampoo is a great value.

from Wabash, IN

Comments about TRESemme ColorThrive Shampoo:

This is a very good shampoo for color treated hair.  It comes in a large bottle, which I like - one bottle will last me for a couple of months.  The smell is decent - not great, but definitely not bad.  The texture is nice and thick, and it's easy to work through the hair.

It lathers up well - it is very easy to coat the scalp and hair, and equally easy to rinse out well.

The results are wonderful - this shampoo, plus the cooresponding conditioner, leave my hair very shiny. The texture feels smooth and soft, with no flyaways, yet it's not weighed down.  And just as importantly, I did notice that my henna-ed hair did not fade as quickly as it does with most shampoos.

It's important to note that this is NOT a color depositing shampoo - it will not add color to your hair, and if you're looking for a product that will, look elsewhere. It does, however, remove things that can discolor your hair, such as mineral deposits, and wash it gently without removing the color.

I recommend this shampoo to anyone with color treated hair and who appreciates a good bargain!