Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair
Dove
Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo

Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo

Pros

• Cleans thoroughly (3)
  • Great smell (3)

• Daily use (3)
    • Wavy hair (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (3)

Quite a surprise!!!

I have to admit I was a bit of a sceptic when the "Dove" line of shampoos and conditioners came out and even tried some of the basic ones and didn't care for them...but it wasn't until I got a sample of the "advanced color care" line in the mail I gave it a try again....I was very surprised at the way my hair felt...styled...and in the end...looked overall....I was sold!!!!.....so now it is one of my favorites...and I am very picky when it comes to haircare products....with a cosmetologist license for over 20 years it takes a lot to sell me if you will....so I recommend it!!

Nothing special.

I got this shampoo for super cheap after sales and coupons, so I figured I'd give it a try. It isn't the worst shampoo ever, but it's definitely not worth the regular price. My experience is that Dove products are pretty hyped up, and no better than lesser (and cheaper!) brands, and this shampoo was no exception. The shampoo got my hair clean. And smelled ok, but it didn't really make my hair shiny or soft. After a few weeks of using this, my hair got duller and duller, and heavier (not thicker). It was beginning to cause a buildup of residue in my hair I believe, probably from some wax or something they added. The scent was ok, nothing special, but not terrible either. Based on my experience I would definitely skip this shampoo.

This did nothing special for my hair, and after a few weeks began to cause build up.

The scent isn't bad, it wouldn't keep me from buying this shampoo again if I liked how it made my hair look and feel,

keeps the color in longer

from United States

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Adds Volume
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

I love dove products and have used them for many years,once i seen dove made a shampoo and condition set to help keep color in and help color treated hair, i had to try it. I dye my hair and/or bleach regularly so i'm always in need of anything that will help my hair stay soft and healthy.This dove shampoo is thick in continence and smells amazing like a strong flower scent and lathers nicely with loads of bubbles.i massage this into my hair at least twice a week and my hair has never looked better.My hair is so soft and healthy looking.shiny,soft and no more damaged brittle split ends.Other shampoos i try to use don't give the same results so it was definitely worth paying extra money for shampoo sold to help color treated hair.

good shampoo

from acworth ga

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Cleans Thoroughly
    • Great Smell
    • Improves Hair Health

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

I needed shampoo for color treated hair the shampoo is great it really brought my hair back to life I would recommend this shampoo to anybody this product has all kind treatment

• Wavy Hair
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Surprisingly Good

from Canyon Country, CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
      • Gentle
      • Great Smell
      • Lathers Well

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

I saw this on sale and decided to give it a try. My hair smells great, is soft and looks great. I normally buy salon products but I'm trying to cut costs. This is a great product and savings.

• Wavy Hair

Doesnt really help with a red tint.

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

I have a burgundy/red hair color dye job. It doesn't really go well with red hair. It didn't take it out really, it just didn't help it any either. It did make it super clean and really soft. Most of the other color shampoos don't really work well either. So in comparison this is a good product for the money I spent on it. I still use this product and don't plan on changing any time in the near future. I just wish that this product made a more vibrant change in my hair.

It didn't really help with the color, but it didn't do anything against it either. So the effectiveness is neither good nor bad since it didn't do either. My color is the same. I was expcecting a vibrant change. I still use this shampoo though. And im don't plan on changing anytime soon.

The smell is amazing. I usually don't think that the smell will be good in a color friendly shampoo, but this smell was great. Made my hair smell great for two whole days,

Nothing special.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

Great at protecting my color!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

This is my favorite shampoo for protecting my hair color. I dye my hair often and this helps me save money on touch-ups, especially when I use semi-permanent dyes for unnatural colors that tend to fade quickly. It seems to make my hair healthier too. It makes my hair feel very soft and silky. It does not tangle my hair. It actually does the opposite and makes it more manageable. My hair looks very shiny when I use this and looks good in the light. It is quite creamy for a shampoo and does not dry it out. The ends of my hair are not affected by it and still feel healthy when I comb it out. It does a decent job at cleansing oil, but it is not outstanding. When I have a lot of build up from products and days of not washing my hair, I cannot use this. If I absolutely have to, then I wash thoroughly twice. It does not make my dandruff any better or worse. My hair is straighter than usual when I use this too. It smells really nice, but the scent does not last.

Luxurious Shampoo

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

The texture of this shampoo is very luxurious. It lathers very nicely and my hair felt less dry and frizzy. I was able to use a dime size dollop of the shampoo and cleansed my entire head. My scalp felt moisturized too. During winter I have quite a problem with dry scalp and this felt very nice on my head. Now, as a color care shampoo I have a bit of an issue as I did have color loss in the suds. I would continue to use this shampoo as a moisturizing shampoo but not as a color care shampoo.

I am grading this specifically as a color treatment shampoo. I was disappointed in the results as I had quite a bit of color loss in the suds. I dye my hair red and that is a very difficult color to maintain. However, as a moisturizing shampoo this shampoo is superb. It has a luxurious texture that left my hair feeling silky and smooth.

This shampoo smells like a rich salon. It has a lovely clean floral scent to it, that was strong enough to smell but did not irritate my skin or scalp.

Keeps my hair the right colour!

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

My hair colour isn't my actual natural colour. Often times, before I had discovered this shampoo, it would fade away relatively quickly, which didn't make me or my wallet happy. Since I've been using this shampoo, my hair has kept its colour for almost twice as long. That's incredible, and quite a good investment. The money I save by buying this shampoo is pretty substantial. I very much like it and recommend this to all my coloured-hair friends.

What can I say - this shampoo is very effective. My hair keeps its colour for much longer periods of time and cleans it very well at the same time. My hair doesn't feel too oily or too dry.

The scent isn't anything special. I can't compare it to anything. It's not terrible, but not really something I'd really want to smell like. I would prefer it if they would give it a better odour. This is the only disadvantage I know of this shampoo, because other than the more-or-less neutral smell - it's perfect.

Leaves my hair feeling very soft.

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

I haven't seen that this helped my color last any longer than usual. In fact, the color faded considerably in the first 2 weeks. I have never had a lot of luck with color sticking, though. In spite of the color claims not being fulfilled, I like how it makes my hair feel. It seems to strengthen my hair. I have noticed my fly aways are not as bad. I actually think that it makes my hair a lot softer. I don't do a lot with my hair. I don't usually dry it. But my hair is very thick and is sometimes a bit coarse. After using this, it feels softer. I could actually just run my fingers through it and go, not even brush it. No really. I could. In fact, I did just that one day. I usually throw my hair into a pony tail but when I do, I have a bit of a halo with all of the fly aways around my head. But I have noticed it is not so bad when I've used this. I will continue to use it. I've decided to live with my natural color anyway.

Pleasant smell.

Perfect for Salon Hair!

from Ohio

Comments about Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo:

This shampoo is absolutely amazing! For starters, it is without a doubt, the most gentile shampoo available ANYWHERE! I have used several different brands of shampoo that are marketed specifically for color treated hair but none could compare to Dove's Advanced Color Care Shampoo! It feels like washing your hair with pure silk. It has a nice thick texture to it so it is not runny and wasteful. It is definitely worth the price and I would seriously recommend anyone with highlighted or color treated hair to buy this shampoo! I am in love with the way it smells, it's like something familiar but I just can't quite put my finger on it. It definitely smells like something you would purchase exclusively at a salon. All in all- Amazing stuff, try it girls (and guys) ! :)

Highly effective, it is a true colorists dream shampoo! It is very gentile and lcoks in your color while adding vibrant shine to colored and highlighted hair.

Extremely fresh salon scent. Long-lasting too, my hair smells fantastic all throughout the day!