Other Shampoos:
Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo

Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo

Pros

Cons

A luxury shampoo with high quality ingredients that's worth it.

I have color-treated, fine straight hair.  Like almost every woman in the consumer world, I have tried hundreds of different shampoos and convinced myself that other than scent, there are very few differences one to another.  Well, I stand corrected when it comes to the Frederic Fekkai Colorcare Technician Shampoo.  When I wash my hair with it, I can already feel that it is different from other shampoos.  It feels different on my fingertips as I massage my hair and scalp with it (doesn't feel like it's full of harsh, cheap detergents).  It lathers just the right amount, as Goldilocks would say (not too much, not too little).  It cleanses my hair without stripping it dry, which resolves what has typically been a problem for me when buying color-treated shampoos.  Either they don't cleanse well enough, or they over-cleanse and then strip the color from my hair.  Although this product is not cheap, it is worth the investment, in my opinion.  In fact, I have this sinking feeling that I should be stocking up on it because now that the company was acquired by Procter & Gamble, I fear that the company's new owners will try to "re-engineer" the costs on manufacturing it by substituting cheaper ingredients.

Nice Try, Fekkai -- But I Need More Lather

I don't have many gray hairs yet, but a couple of times a year I'll dye just the handful of strands that have gone gray. I took the opportunity to try **Frederick Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo**.  This shampoo is touted as "anti-fade, hydrating, and protecting" for color-treated hair.

I opened the shampoo and applied a ribbon of light pink, fresh-smelling shampoo to my wet hair. The shampoo feels soft and a bit creamy, but it didn't give me much of a lather.  I doused my hair with a little more water and added more shampoo, but I still couldn't seem to muster up the soft bubbles that I'm used to.  As I was massaging the shampoo into my hair, I could feel my hair getting a little fuzzy in texture.  After rinsing well, my hair did feel soft, but it also felt a little tangly.  This is not a shampoo I would use without having a detangling conditioner on hand to follow up with.

Fortunately, I had some [Fekkai Technician Color Care 3-Minute Mask][1] to use after shampooing.  Thankfully, the conditioning mask was much better than the shampoo.  My hair ended up feeling clean, soft, and manageable.

Overall, I think that **Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo** has a few things going for it.  It's hydrating, and cleans well with no residue.  I probably wouldn't purchase it for my own texture of hair, but it might work better for others.  As for me, I think I'll stick with my Pantene.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Frederic-Fekkai-Technician-Color-Care-3-Minute-Mask-Conditioner-review-a9b3

A one time indulgence!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

Prior to buying a full-size bottle, I received a sample sized trial bottle as a gift. I was so impressed with the results that I used a gift card to purchase the full size bottle. I fell in love with the results. There was almost no color loss from washing my hair, and my hair felt so silky and smooth. I also loved the scent. My hair smelled like I had just left an expensive salon. It even made my pillowcase smell pretty! However, I would NEVER be able to buy this on my own. Its high price point is so beyond my budget, I can't imagine every buying it again. However, if you have the money to spend on a color shampoo this should be the one.

I judge a color shampoo on how much color loss I see in the suds. This shampoo had zero color loss in the sink and I noticed that my hair had a silkiness and shine that I had never had before.

My hair smelled like an expensive salon. I love the crisp scent and it even made my pillowcase smell pretty. Wish I could afford this more often!

Great shampoo, great scent, great buy.

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

I love this shampoo for colored hair. I have really greasy hair, but i need a color shampoo to keep my brown from turning brassy or fading. Most of the color care shampoos are too heavy for my hair and leave build-up. Fekkai is amazing and didn't weigh my hair down. It smells great and gave me excellent shine all while keeping my long hair soft. Fekkai products are a little higher priced than most beauty products but it is worth the price. The only thing that is keeping me from rating this shampoo a 10 is that it doesn't lather as well as I would like. However, it seems to clean just fine and a good sudsy lather is just a personal preference. I recommend this shampoo and the conditioner which goes with it.

Keeps your hair clean, while adding enough moisture to keep it soft all while resisting color fade out.

Has a great fresh scent which will hold in your hair throughout the day.

I absolutely love this product

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

This would be my number one recommendation for excellent color care shampoo! I can't tell you how long I have searched for the perfect hair shampoo that caters to color treated hair! The first thing that I love about this shampoo is that it really does help extend my hair color. I am a natural blonde that has always wanted red hair. Red is an extremely difficult color to keep and with this shampoo it extends my color at least an extra week! The second thing that I love about this product is the fact that it keeps my hair so nice and soft. I color my hair often and I constantly worry about drying my hair out. This product keeps my hair nice and soft. I also love that this shampoo does not weight my hair down. It washes out easily and leaves my residue when I heat style my hair! It is more expensive but it is worth every last penny!

I have tried sever brands and in my opinion this one is the most effective.

Amazing scent.

Expensive but amazing

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

I would give this a 10 but the price is just a bit out if my range. My hair never felt the way it did when I used this stuff. My friends brother got free bottles of this stuff and I used it all the time. When I went to go buy myself a bottle and saw the price, I just couldn't do it. But I miss this stuff like crazy!

Fekkai technician color care shampoo

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

I love the whole set of this hair care system (shampoo, conditioner, treatment). Overall this shampoo is great for about a week of use, then I feel like I have to switch up the brand. It weighs my hair down after continued use and makes it more oily than normal. However, it does smell really good and seems to preserve the color after processing my hair. It made my hair static-y in the winter time. It's a bit heavy.

It helps the color from stripping, but weighs hair down. It's a heavy shampoo and I found it to make my hair oily faster than other shampoos. I also feel like it didn't totally cleanse my hair.

It smells good but not a scent that's totally addicting like some shampoos out there, but it's also not too bad honestly and the scent seems to last all day (especially when I air dry my hair). Even when I blow dry and style my hair (straighten with a flat iron and use hair spray) the scent still lasts all day long and I have definitely gotten compliments from many guys on how good my hair smells!

Good stuff!

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

I was skeptical of this shampoo because for me it's pricey. I usually used Pantene but wasn't happy with how long my color lasted and decided to try a few other shampoos. I tried three others before I found FF Tech. Trust me-- If you color your hair, this shampoo is the best investment you can make to extend the life of your hair color! It's also very conditioning and I love the fragrance. It's a little expensive but so is coloring your hair, so why not invest on having to color less and have your hair look great?! You should try it at least once...then I bet you'll be hooked like me. Come back and write your own review and review others. Viewpoint lets us share and learn from one another...so awesome! Hope you love it too.

Works very well for keeping your color fresh for much longer. Definitely worth the extra money!

I love the fragrance of this shampoo. It's not too perfume-y and very feminine.

Fekkai treats my colored highlights with finesse!

from Orange County, Ca

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

I had decided to highlight my hair after two years of not using highlights. I wanted a shampoo and conditioner that would prevent my highlights from fading quickly. I have never heard of Fekkai until my friend introduced me to the brand. It's been over a month since highlighting my hair with red tint. I use the Fekkai treatment everyday and have noticed that my red tint has not faded. I feel comfortable in the sun because it comes with UV protection. The shampoo is pink and the texture is thick. I use a small amount , the lather builds up quickly. Rinsing my hair is easy, the shampoo comes off easily. The only negative, I wish the shampoo bottle comes in a larger size, it's rather small for the price you pay for the product. However, the shampoo is more concentrated than other brands that I have used in the past.

Very effective as I don't have fade on my red highlights! My hair feels soft after each wash.

The scent is not strong, in my opinion it's a very light scent.

Fekkai Is Always Lovely

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

Frederic Fekkai is one of those brand name shampoos. For me, it was the 'cool kid' shampoo, the one I couldn't always hang out with when I was younger because it was too pricey. Now that I can spend a little more on shampoo/conditioner, I indulge a bit more in my Fekkai love. It isn't my primary shampoo, because then it doesn't feel special. But I so love the scent, the way it makes my hair feel. I even love how it looks in my shower! It sounds silly, but it is definitely one of my favorites. The Color Care shampoo worked wonders when I darkened my hair temporarily, it lasted much longer than the last time I did it, Fekkai-less. The shampoo just feels high-quality, the lather is rich and the gel is thick. Even without styling, my hair feels full, shiny and the color really stands out more a day or two after washing. All in all, good job Frederic, if that is indeed your name. I'm glad I can enjoy your company more often. Highly recommend!

It's An Okay Shampoo, Would be Better if it Were Cheaper

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

The first thing you notice about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo is how wonderful the scent is - it's refreshing, and it's really wonderful to step out of the shower and feel like you smell clean and pretty. It seems to be an alright shampoo for color treated care, but I haven't noticed any less fading, and my colored hair isn't any more vibrant. Maybe I have to use it for a longer time, but I really don't notice any difference, as I have with other color care shampoos. It does, however, make my hair really soft - really, really soft - and gives it a little bit of volume, which I didn't expect, so it was a nice surprise. My hair is really long, and I didn't have to use much shampoo to be able to efficienty and sufficiently clean it all. I'm really not sure at all if I'm going to buy it again, though. It's pretty pricey, and I've used other color care shampoos that do make a noticeable difference in preventing color from fading, but this is not one of them.

Excellent product

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo:

This is one of the most expensive shampoos that I have bought, but it is well worth the money.

The benefits for me after using this shampoo are as follows. It maintains the integrity of your hair and produces a shine that has faded over time. This one definitely produces results and your hair looks much better than before.

It's a gentle clean that cleans very well and lathers well too. It's has a great smell and seems to be good for all types of hair as my friends used this as well and it helped them too.

It's a color protecting shampoo, but at the price, I can't afford to purchase this on a regular basis. I would splurge once in a while. Basically, you just wet your hair, then concentrate on the hair roots, and rinse after wards.

It's one of the leading hair color preserver shampoos that are on the market.

Very hair quality product that maintains color of hair and adds additional softness to the hair.