3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Extra Strength version - the ONLY product to really work for me!

The regular Proactiv didn't work for me.  I was going to get my money back, but they suggested I try the extra strength.  Of course, I was willing to give it a try because WHO WANTS ACNE?!  If the extra strength didn't work, they would still give me my money back.The extra strength was just what I needed!  My skin cleared up quickly and I have been using it for over 3 years now.  I just LOVE it.  The toner in the extra strength set seems to be the "magic" with the salicylic acid in it - because now that I'm pregnant the doctor doesn't want me using the toner and my acne has been worse.  For a little while, I started using the toner again and my face cleared right up again.  I recommend this product - and if my kids have acne as teenagers, I won't hesitate to pay the money to try this on them too.  No one deserves to have acne!Oh, I also found that I can only use the extra strength once a day instead of the recommended twice a day because it was too strong for 2xday.  But once a day does the trick!

Proactiv NOT for everyone! ...Ouch!

Years ago, I saw an infomercial of "Proactive" and bought it (the kit which included the mask) for my brother and me. Supposedly at that time, it stated in the informercial that it is also for those with "sensitive skin." SO NOT TRUE! Since the first application, it burned my brother's face and also mine. I have sensitive skin but my brother doesn't but we both got the same reaction about this product; "It burns!" IT HURTS! It is not gentle at all. So we stopped using it and I called to cancel the automated shipping and was asked why I wanted to cancel. "You can cancel... no questions asked." Yeah right. Customer support asked me why and kinda tried to convince me to not cancel, (only I don't remember what she had said.)For a time now, I'm seeing a lot of advertising of this product. Now they have celebrities saying they like it and so forth but we all know that celebrities get paid to say that to attract or convince customers to buy the product.Proactive Solution didn't work for my brother and me BUT it may work for others, I don't know. Only way is to try it if you like. So my personal review is two thumbs down for "Proactive."

You Don't Need Each Step!

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

Overall, they're a good bundle. However, you can substitute step 1 for sugar as a "scrubber" for the face. In fact, I think sugar gets MORE dead skin off, than step 1 does. Step two and three are good though, after the sugar scrubbing. I guess it also depends on what's going on with your skin. I have dry skin, and breakouts, and this bundle works wonder. However, people who don't have dry skin may not want to exfoliate as much.

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

The first time I tried Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System; I was so excited and loved the way it made my face feel; it flt so clean and soft. However, after about a week of using it as directed; I could feel these really large pimples starting really deep under my skin. I've never experienced this before; I quit use right away and after a couple months they started to go away but I'm 100% positive that the Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System somehow it made my face worse than before I ever used it. I wanted to use it for blackheads; I didn't have any other acne problems.

Clear Skin? Yep!

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

The only 2 bad things for me... The price is a little high, and my forehead is still really shinny and oily after washing. But both of those, you can work with. My teenage girls use it and it has worked wonders for them. It makes it worth the money you spend.

They send you a 3 month supply, so you don't have to worry about running out any time soon!

I have been using this for year. I love it. My skin doesn't break out as much as it used too. Granted, I still break out, but its there, then gone.

Ease of Application
The whole system is VERY easy to use.

Convenience
The only thing is that there are so many steps. I guess it depends on how many different products you buy. It is just time consuming, but worth it in the end.

Side Effects
I haven't ever had any side effects. No dry skin, nothing.

Immediacy
When you first use it, you will break out at first because it is bringing everything to the surface. So at first, don't give up, that's how you know it is working. Give it a week or 2 and you will see a difference.

Never again.

from Kansas

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

We have all seen the advertisements for Proactiv for years and heard their promises of clear skin endorsed by many celebrities. I never purchased it because it was so expensive. My friend let me use his for a few days one time. I wish I had never tried it and I will never use it again. The day following my first use of the product I noticed I was starting to break out some, which I thought was strange. I used it for a few more days and continued to notice I was breaking out, much more than I ever had in the past. I had the worst breakout of my life following the few days of using it. I have no idea how an acne product can cause such a severe breakout. I actually asked a few other people about the product following my experience and they said their skin had a similar reaction. I see no reason to pay so much money for a product that is going to CAUSE acne problems when it is supposed to be treating it.

• Immediacy:

A system that is extremely dependent on your skin's reactions.

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

This rating is only slightly based on my personal experience, as my experience would rate it at about a 5. I know a few acquaintances that this system has worked for, but I absolutely hated it. It left my skin feeling cake-y and dry, and it takes quite a while to get through all the steps. It's easier for most people (myself included) to stick with a system that is easy to use - one step and you're done. This system takes time to apply and rinse off, and as there's three different products to use, it can get slightly overwhelming.

Proactiv did not help my acne. I kept with the system for about a month, which is when I should have expected changes, but I did not see improvement. My acne wasn't an all-over ragefest, it was more like spots that I just couldn't control. Proactiv may work better on more severe acne, but it did not do the trick with mine.

Ease of Application
It takes quite a long time to apply Proactive, as you must apply the first cleanser, rinse it off, apply the astringent, rinse it off, then apply the stringy lotion-like step last. It's arduous and, without the results, is not worth it at all.

Convenience
Going along with ease of application, Proactiv is not quite convenient. Even for travel purposes, while they are small bottles, having to keep track of three separate things (and knowing that if you lose one you're out of luck), is quite stressful.

Side Effects
I didn't experience any harsh side effects from Proactiv - only an unpleasant feeling to the skin on my face afterward, but many acne treatments have some sort of similar side effect.

Immediacy
In a month I did not see any clear results from Proactiv, and for a process that is that arduous to complete, I did not want to continue use of it.

Profile Image

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

Okay so after seeing this in infomercials for years I tried this back when I had horrible acne issues. I was in my early twenties and was embarrassed by my skin. I thought for sure this would be my miracle treatment. I was very disappointed that it was not. At first it made my skin worse which I know can happen. I did give it a good deal of time, six weeks, to see if it would improve but the acne was just getting worse and my skin was super oily. I'm sure it works for some but it certainly did not for me.

Did not work at all, made my skin worse even after regular use for almost two months.

Ease of Application
Proactive is fairly easy to apply, there are three steps and it takes roughly 6 minutes twice a day to apply.

Convenience
It has a three step process which is not that convenient.

Side Effects
Made my face beyond oily and made my acne a hundred times worse than it was.

Immediacy
I used for almost two months and saw no improvements, instead it made my skin worse than ever.

Bad side effects

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

I used this product and it did get rid of my acne but the side effects were horrible!

It effectively reduced my acne and actually made it disappear after a week or two.

Ease of Application
You use each of the 3 steps of he treatment, twice a day. It kind of gets old and is a little bit time consuming.

Convenience
It is not very convenient, I wish it was an all in one formula but there are several solutions you have to use with this product.

Side Effects
Even though I followed the directions to a tee, my face turned bright red after a week of using the product. It was more embarrassing than the acne itself. I discontinued use and it cleared up. You also have to add sunscreen into the mix if you are going to go outside in the sun, and that could have caused an adverse reaction, who knows!

Immediacy
It took a couple of days to work, it wasn't immediate. It's not for someone that needs acne gone overnight, it is a treatment to use everyday to get rid of your acne, which is what I was looking for.

• Immediacy:

This is nothing for my skin.

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

This did absolutely nothing for my skin. It didn't make it worse, it didn't make it better, it didn't clean, it didn't moisturize… it didn't do anything.

I tried Proactiv at a time when I was trying everything I could get my hands on to treat my acne. Nothing worked for me. I'd tried 4 different oral medications, a few cream medications, and about a billion over-the-counter products. Nothing worked.

I was excited to try Proactiv, as the commercial testimonials are so convincing. I thought that if it worked for all these celebrities and real people, it has to work for me. However, it didn't.

I was sad when this product didn't work because it was so expensive. It's especially pricey for the small amount of product that you get.

This product wasn't effective at all in treating my acne. It seemed like I was putting nothing onto my skin.

Ease of Application
This system is really easy to use. All the products are effortless to apply, which is definitely a plus. The bottles are small, so it's not a problem to pack them with you if you're traveling.

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System Not for Me

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

I tried Proactive Solution Acne Treatment System a few years ago in my early twenties. I didn't really have acne until my twenties so I wasn't used to having to treat it. I saw the commercials on television for Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System and decided to give it a try. I was not a fan. It broke me out even more than I already was. It was way to abrasive for my skin and did not solve my problem. For me personally, it did not work to solve my acne problem but seemed to intensify it.

The Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System was not effective for me. It seemed to break me out more.

Convenience
I'm kind of in the middle about this one. It's not exactly convenient because of the number of steps, but many other skin treatment systems are several steps as well. So I would say it's not exactly convenient, but not exactly inconvenient either.

Side Effects
This product seemed to break me out more than I already was.

Immediacy
It certainly did not give me immediate good results. It did give me immediate bad results though as my skin very quickly got worse while using the Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment.

Far too harsh for acne

Comments about Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System:

The Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System sure spends a lot on advertising and celebrity endorsements but the product leaves MUCH to be desired. The system sounds like a good idea in theory, but it is simply awful for people who truly suffer from acne and not the occasional pimple. Not only did it not help my acne, it made it worse and my face was constantly red, irritated, peeling but still full of pimples and blackheads. If Proactiv is the only product available, I suggest only using the treatment. The products all together create a perfect storm to simply wreck sensitive skin with acne

It mad me break out even worse, it didn't get any better over 3 months.

Ease of Application
The 3 step system sounds good but it's far too harsh. Great idea but poor execution.

Convenience
The 3 steps are too much and don't work.

Side Effects
It made me break out worse and dried my skin out horribly.

Immediacy
It simply never worked for me and even made things way worse.