Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy

Pros

Cons

Wonderful, Natural, Effective Acne Treatment

I was a bit sceptical as to whether BareEscentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy would actually work, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I am already a fan of BareEscentuals makeup and I never use anything else.  My skin is so much healthy since I began using this makeup, but I still have the occasional breakup and I hate the drugstore creams and treatments for acne.  They all dry my skin out and benzol peroxide is the worst because it stains and ruins so many fabrics and clothes.  So, I was excited when BareEscentuals came out with a more gentle form of acne treatment.  The active ingredient is sulfur, which is a natural element and has all kind of natural abilities to heal the human body.  The smell of the treatment is bit odd at first, but easy to get over, it's just the natural smell of the sulfur.  You just apply the treatment with the brush to any inflamed area on your face. For me, usually within a day the pimple is notably smaller and less inflamed and within a few days of regular use, completely gone.  And it doesn't dry out my skin at all in the process of drying out the pimple itself.  I would highly recommend this product and will continue to use myself for a long time.

Nothing extraordinary nor revolutionary.

I found Bare Escentuals Blemish Therapy to be nothing too out of the ordinary. I have acne prone, combination type skin with an oily T-zone and normal to dry cheeks. When applied to the skin, you can smell the sulfur, however, in a few minutes the smell soon fades away. The product applies very thinly/sheer and does not do much to conceal the pimples. However, it does provide some light coverage, if you need it. I have tried salicylic acid (too harsh) and benzoyl peroxide (no effect) and was looking for an alternative acne solution, however, sulfur does not seem to have much of an effect either. It does work on some of my pimples but not all, and they did not go away completely. Other cons of this product include the price, which may be slightly too expensive, however I got mine on sale, and that it may be a bit tedious to apply. Other acne products usually are quick and easy to apply, however for this you will need to have the brush to apply the powder. In conclusion, I recommend giving this product a try for those of you that are allergic to other acne medications such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, as it seems very gentle and non-irritating.

Bare Minerals doesn't work

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I have used this product just as the directions state and I have never had it work for me. It does not hide blemishes like it claims. The product itself goes on easily, isn't greasy, in general is a great product but it does not hide already present blemishes. It does contain acne fighting ingredients but I don't believe it is for skin that has tons of breakouts. For the price you would think it would better hide flaws in the skin, instead it works best for barely there acne. I love all the Bare Minerals makeup because that does hide flaws in the skin but this product itself I am really disappointed in. I personally would go with a different acne treatment and just stick with their makeup line from Bare Minerals.

Pros: Goes on easily, contains acne fighting medication, isn't greasy
Cons: Doesn't hide all blemishes like you would think.

Overall, this product may work for others but I have incredibly oily skin and it does not work well for me.

• Immediacy:

What more can you ask for?

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I just love bare essentials for acne. It is the best product out there for adults with acne. I have tried many products over many years and some, sort of worked, but most did nothing. Until now, this is the best product ever. It has minerals in it that help to dry out and reduce acne. Nothing works better.

• Immediacy:

This product definitely works wonders!

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

This product not only does the job to make your blemishes go away, it also makes your skin feel silky smooth and free of any oils or impurities that make you feel less than desirable towards yourself.

Ten out of ten! This product is so effective.

Ease of Application
This product is so easy to apply. You should not have any trouble with putting it on your face.

Convenience
This stuff is so easy to use. Simply place your brush in the blemish treatment, do the signature bare minerals "tap, tap, tap" with the brush to get anything excess off your brush, and apply! You can keep it in your make up bag, or take it with you on the go!

Side Effects
This product is made with all natural minerals. Everything you are putting on your face is all natural and healthy for you, so you will not break out from this at all.

Immediacy
This product starts working on your skin almost right away. After only a few days, you will start to see results, and feel them as well. You will begin feeling more confident and self-assured about yourself- guaranteed!

Mediocre

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

Every now and then I still get acne even though my teenage years are passed. I have tried several products over the years and honestly have not found one that I can stick with as a go to. This product was one that I tried and I only used it a few times to try and cover my blemishes but it really didn't do much. It was more messy than anything. The powder is so fine, it's like a handful of dust and fly's everywhere. It's not thick enough to really "cover" a blemish even when applied with several layers. I also didn't like the sparkly look that it gave me afterwards. Especially since I was primarily using it for spot treatments. The whole purpose would be to conceal an area, not bring more attention to it by adding shine. I wouldn't recommend this product. It doesn't conceal anything and it doesn't help them go away. So basically it's pointless and is a mess. I ended up throwing it out and just keeping the brush. Save your money and just buy a good cleanser and hope for the best.

Prefer it as a Concealer

from Jacksonville, AR

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I use this product as concealer because Bare Essentials concealer is too dark for my complexion.

I have never seen this treat any blemishes but it is perfect for covering them up.

Ease of Application
I have very fair skin so I use this as concealer and forgo foundation. If you have medium to dark skin this product would probably be extremely noticeable if you didn't cover it with foundation. Even with my light skin I have to make sure I blend the powder in well or I have spots.
My one complaint is that the powder flies everywhere when you first take the cap off if you don't shake the powder down before removing the cap.
I don't use the brush to apply the powder, I just use my pinky. I don't think the brush is very effective.

Convenience
The pot this comes in is easy to throw into a bag and take with you, which I usually do for touch-ups.

Side Effects
I've never had any side effects, except a more even looking complexion.

Immediacy
The powder covers up redness immediately.

• Immediacy:

Really helps control my blemishes!

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I really like the Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy! I like the cute little brush that comes with it as well. When I apply the product on my face and forehead especially, it really helps to control my blemishes and breakouts. I've noticed that my acne also substantially decreased. Great product :)

Great Product

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I love Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy because I can treat my blemishes throughout the day by putting on this product under my regular makeup. I also like the fact that they have this product in a small travel kit with bisque cover-up. I make sure to always have this in my purse. It takes away redness from blemishes.

This product is effective in helping clear up blemishes relatively quickly, but I find that it is most effective at getting rid of red-ness. I think that is very important when trying to cover up blemishes.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply. Just use a small brush and apply to your blemish. You can put your makeup on over this product.

Convenience
The small size of this makes it very convenient to keep in your purse.

Side Effects
I had absolutely no negative side effects from this product.

Immediacy
The results of using this product are great. As soon as you apply the product, the redness of your blemish will disappear. When you use this product on a new blemish, it seems to help the blemish clear up relatively quickly.

Phenomenal Product

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I absolutely cannot recommend Bare Escentuals Blemish Therapy enough. This is the best product I have found for getting rid of pimples. It comes from a company that is already at the top of the market; this company believes in using high quality ingredients and is always trying to find a way to create products that enhance the skin. Blemish Therapy not only covers up the blemish (without giving a fake "there's something under here that I'm hiding" appearance), but it actually works to get rid of it. It also tones down the redness that usually accompanies a blemish. So you immediately see results when using it. I also love that this product is concentrated enough that a little goes a long way, so there is a great "value for your money" aspect to it. I have always been a fan of the BE line of makeup. And this product is an excellent addition to my makeup bag.

Works beautifully to get rid of redness and the irritation of a blemish. And, because of the sulfur in it, it gets rid of the blemish itself within a day or so.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply. It comes with a brush that allows you to put the product exactly where you need it and get it blended in.

Convenience
Small container that I can toss in my bag and go. I can use it whenever I feel a blemish starting.

Side Effects
No side effects, in my experience. Just results!

• Immediacy:

My daughter had bad acne from using traditional makeups

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

This is an amazing product, it works fast, results are almost immediately apparent ,which is a really big plus to someone who has been suffering for many years from skin problems. This can be used as a spot treatment and also can be worn under the Bare Minerals makeup during the day. I used some of my daughters since I have just the occasional skin blemish now that I am older and it works great on us older folks as well

This is a highly effective product and I recommend it to anyone to give it a try.

Ease of Application
Brush on easy application that can be used day (under makeup if worn) or at night.

Convenience
I find this product very convenient to use

Side Effects
I have found no side effects, unless you count a happy teenage daughter who is proud of what her skin looks like now :)

Immediacy
Noticeable results in just a few days, my daughter have had people comment on how much better her skin looks since using this product.

It's Okay But Not For Me

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy:

I have acne and I am loyal user of Bare Escentuals foundation so I initially thought this was going to be a great product for me, but after using it, it fell short of my expectations.

What I liked about it:
-It provides coverage and helps to fight acne during the day. I did see that some of the pimples I applies the treatment to were less inflamed.
-It also is easy to apply and use; it is small enough to fit in my purse for touch ups during the day.
-The powder was gentle and did not dry my skin out.

What I didn't like:
When I first opened the product I knew, from first stiff, that there was going to be an issue. This product contains sulfur to treat blemishes, which is less irritating than other products like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. However, the only problem with sulfur is that it stinks. I have moderate acne so after applying the powder to all of my pimples I stunk of sulfur. The worst thing was I was able to smell sulfur for the rest of the day; to make things worse, other people could smell it too.

Overall, I would rather use an inexpensive sulfur mask for spot treatment at night than use or purchase Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy again

Did help to reduce the inflammation of my pimples

Side Effects
Did not dry out skin but smells bad