Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Avon

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System: goodbye acne!

To start off, my mother has always been purchasing acne removing products, but nothing really worked for me. She finally purchased the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System, and ever since, I have been using it! It does amazing things for my ance AND my skin! I used to have dry skin everytime I used any type of anti-acne treatments. This is the FIRST one to keep my face moist and feel amazing! Also, my acne has disappeared! Everytime I get a zit, I zoom to the bathroom and whip out my Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System and cleanse my face! Everytime, BAM! it's gone the next day! Here's some facts about Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System from Avon:

The Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System from AVON is an amazing 3-step kit. The best part about this system is that you can use it morning and the evening! After using the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System from AVON, your face not only feels the cleanest you have ever felt it, but it clears up acne in a little number of days!

The number one step includes a Deep Pore Cleansing Srub. This step is the first step to your daily acne-fighting routine! This cooling scrub is designed to treat every stage of your blemish from start to finish. Quickly dissolves pore-clogging dirt and oil, leaving your skin clean and healthy-looking. It is 0.50% salicylic acid acne treatment! This step reduces the number of acne blemishes and clears up most acne blemishes. It can be used in the morning and/or evening and you apply the product to wet hands and rub well over the entire face. You have to rinse it well with water until all traces of the cleanser are removed. If bothersome dryness, irritation or peeling occurs, you just need to reduce the application to every other day!

The number two step to the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System is the Clarifying Toner Pads. This is the second step in your Clearskin Professional routine! These convenient pads clarify your skin by re-texturizing , calming and soothing in one easy step. After one use, skin looks and feels smoother! You use this step in the morning and/or the evening. To use, you have to apply the textured side to the cleansed, dry skin. Gently smooth the product over your face in an upward and outward motion.

The number three step to the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System is the Daily Correcting Lotion. This step is the last step to your daily acne-fighting routine! It is used for the treatment of acne. It reduces the number of acne belmishes and helps clear up most acne blemishes! When using this step, cleanse skin thouroughly before applying the product. Apply a thin layer of the product to the affected areas one to three times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increse to two to three times daily if needed or as directed by a health care practitioner. This lotion is a great final step to the system.

In the end of using the Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System, you will feel moisturized, clean, and replenished!

To purchase this product, contact your local  AVON independant sales representative. They will be able to pick it out of the brochure for you. If you don't know who your closest representative is, that's okay. You can always call to order! For U.S.A., 1-800-FOR-AVON. (www.avon.com) For Canada, 1-800-265-AVON. (www.avon.ca).

Love all but one of the products in this system

I ordered the Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System because I was having some mild acne issues after the birth of my second child. I wouldn't get alot of acne just one or two big ones every month. I loved every piece of this system except the face wash. It was VERY hard on my face and gave me a rash after just the first use. I have pretty fair, soft skin and since I didn't have a real overall problem with my complexion this wash was too harsh for my face. I stopped using it and my rash went away. I kept using the other products and they never gave me any problems. I decided to try the wash again several months later thinking maybe the rash was from the weather at that time of year or it was just a fluke. Nope, again after the first wash I developed an itchy rash. The product is just too strong. I love the toner pads though. I have some slight scarring from picking in the past and it has really improved the overall tone of my skin!

A Professional System at Home

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

Avon has made an amazing acne treatment system for the home. You get the cleansing that you need and the acne fighting ingredients to clear up your skin. Results won't be immediate, but they will come eventually with regular use of this product.

This is a very effective facial cleanser that really does a good job of getting rid of pesky blackheads and pimples. You feel its power immediately after applying it to your face and it cuts through the oil on your skin without any problem.

Ease of Application
It is extremely easy to use this product. Just apply it to your face and leave it on for a couple of minutes and then you're ready to rinse it off. It's just as easy to apply as anything you've ever used before.

Convenience
Very convenient product. You don't need more than a few minutes to give yourself a treatment.

Side Effects
There aren't any side effects associated with this product, so no worries there.

Immediacy
You can expect to see results in only a couple of weeks. Your acne will actually start to clear up pretty well.

Total acne kit

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I'm twenty with the type of acne that are little zits which are hard to get to. When I first saw that it was from Avon I was pretty excited that they had an entire kit that would hopefully take care of my acne since it's not super severe. It took over a month for me to see any type of results which was pretty surprising. I expected to see results within a couple of weeks. Once I did start to see results I noticed that my pimples were extremely dried out and so was the skin around them which resulted in dark spots after the pimples were gone. That alone was enough to freak me out and I've refrained from buying anymore Avon acne products. They're good for a lot of products but in my opinion acne treatment isn't one of them.

Convenience
Not very convenient since you can't just pick it up from the store.

Side Effects
Very dry skin along with dark spots. You'll need some other product to get rid of them.

Immediacy
A month is too long for any result.

Clear Skin At Last

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I was at the end of my rope with my acne when I purchase this from a lady at my work that sold Avon. I waited for a few weeks and finally my package came. When I got home that day I immediately took it out of the box and washed my face. The first time I used it I could already tell a difference. My face felt smoother after the first application of the lotion that was step 3. Within a weeks time I could see a noticeable change in the color and clarity of my face. My acne disappeared and the old marks from former acne scars had lightened on my face. I haven't used any other acne products since I bought this. I will continue to buy this until they stop selling it. I tell all my friends about it when they talk about their acne and what they are using for it isn't working. My face has never felt better. My skin is so much smoother and much more prettier to look at in the mirror. I'm not disgusted when I look in the mirror anymore.

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I rate this system on top because my daughter has acne and I started purchasing this for her not knowing what the results would be. Would this be another acne treatment that claims it really works? In a very short time, we noticed significant changes in her skin. Her skin started clearing up and flair ups were much less often. Her complexion is clearer and she is very happy about that.

The product is very effective because it cleanses the skin. The skin is made softer and clearer. Pimples are reduced dramatically. The product does not burn and does not leave the skin dry or ashy.

Ease of Application
The entire system is very easy to apply and easy to remove. The containers and packaging are made in away that every application is easy and hard to spill. The product is not runny and glides on smooth and hassle-free.

Convenience
The product is very easy to purchase and can even be shipped to your door. The packaging and containers are not so big that they can not fit in a purse or make-up bag. The cleansing process is fast and the clean-up is a breeze.

Side Effects
The product has no known adverse side affects or reports of anyone having any reactions to the system. The system can be used on all types of skin to maintain clearskin and the effects seem to leave positive reactions instead of negative reactions.

Clears my acne

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

The Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System really does look so professional and it works effectively too! After using this product, I've noticed that my acne has reduced and my blackheads have gone away. Also, my pores look smaller and my face just looks better overall as compared to before. However, due to my super sensitive skin, when I put on this product, it made me feel uncomfortable and it even began to sting a little bit? However, I'm willing to ignore that part since my skin is looking better than ever!! I just reduced my usage of this product, but it's still good.

• Immediacy:

it definitely works but can be harsh on your skin.

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

This product definitely works very well. If I religiously use all of the steps, I don't break out at all. The regime is harsh on my skin though as I do have sensitive skin. Using it daily makes my skin flakey and itchy regardless of how much of the facial lotion I use. But I started using it every other day with no issues. It works really well and I rarely break out anymore. My skin is also soft and of good quality now. It also responds fairly quickly. If I skip several days and begin breaking out, it immediately acts to reduce redness and inflammation and I'm fully cleared up within two days. The steps are quick and easy to do. It also doesn't leave your skin feeling oily. The lotion does make your skin feel kind of heavy as it is thick, but if you do the applications before bed it isn't an issue, at least for me. I definitely recommend this regime but would advise sensitive akinned people to use it every other day for best results!

Not effective

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I did not like this product. First off it had too many steps . For a person on the go it isn't very confident. When I use this product it would burn my face and it would be extremely uncomfortable. After using each step as directed it ultimately dried out my face to the point that I couldn't get the moisture back for quite some time. It also was expensive , for it to be so expensive and not work like it should it disappointed me. I thought that maybe it was my skin but I have read other reviews and others had the same issue. I think the chemicals that are used may be too harsh and maybe avon should offer a "sensitive skin" formula for customers to try. In the end i sent it back to avon and informed them of the unhappiness . They refunded my money but I still haven't seen a change in the product . I would not recommend this to my friends or my family

Caused more dryness then clearing my face

Too many steps

Convenience
Takes to long to complete the treatment

Side Effects
Cause extreme dryness

I wouldn't recommend

Avon Cleaskin System: Pretty Good for The Price

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I have used this in the past and can say that is effective in clearing and preventing small breakouts. I loved the exfoliate scrub, it was cooling and refreshing; however it was too irritating to use twice everyday. I thought the cleaning pads were great and were very convenient to use, for the price I wish kit came with more pads. I found the the Daily Correcting Lotion to be my favorite product of the three, it lasted much longer than 30 days. The lotions was not too greasy or oily and did not clog up my pores. After applying the lotion I was able to put on my foundation without any problems. I have used the proactive system in the past and can say that, in my opinion, for the price this system is much better and more effective.

Help to reduce the breakouts that I have and it also helped to clear up some of my stubborn blackheads.

Easy three step system.

Convenience
Easy to use and easy to travel with.

Side Effects
Using the scrub everyday made my sensitive skin a little irritated.

Immediacy
Took about two weeks to see an improvement in my complexion.

Will NOT be repurchasing

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I never admired Avon products. But my sister recommended the Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System to me. I was not to sure about it at first, but finally decided to invest in it. It was very cheap. Well, I got what I paid for, that is for sure.

It did not work, it just did not keep my acne away and did not do what it said it does.

Ease of Application
It was like a very thin liquid. I shook it thinking maybe it just separated like a nail polish would. But it would not get any thicker. The next day it was like a solid! Like a very thick (and I mean thick) cream! Like frozen butter.

Convenience
Nope. It even leaked in my makeup bag! I had to throw out my bag and repurchase a new one. This made me very upset and angry!

Side Effects
It dried out my skin when it was like a liquid, and when it got really thick, it made my face super oily. I did not know what was going on. I threw it out after trying to give it a chance over a week. Maybe I just got a bad bottle. But I called my sister and she said hers is a very thick cream that she uses to feel fresh and that was it. Nice to know, right?

Immediacy
It does not even work. :( So disappointing. I knew I did not like Avon products!

• Immediacy:

Just ok--my skin wasn't as clear as it could be

from ND

Comments about Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System:

I bought this system once, hoping it would work as well for me as Proactiv, but for a MUCH cheaper price. When I started using it, I noticed how nice the cleanser smelled and felt on my face. It had a minty smell and tingled, which I enjoyed. It cleaned my skin well enough--no complaints there, really. The second step was the toning pads, which I felt were really wasteful. The pads come pre-moistened instead of coming as a liquid toner that you use with your own cotton balls. I ran out of the second step far sooner than I ran out of the first or third steps. The system is designed to work together, so there should be enough of each of the three products to complement each other until ALL three are gone. Finally, the third step is an all over the face acne treatment, which is fine--nothing special or notable there. The final verdict for this product is that my skin was not clear when I was using it. I was not happy with the results at all. My skin was not worse and maybe my acne was a little, tiny bit better, but not controlled completely like it is when I use Proactiv. My skin didn't get overdry or peel with the Avon system, but it also didn't completely get rid of my acne. I did not buy this system again and don't recommend it for people with persistent acne issues. Proactiv is the way to go and Proactiv is the product I continue to use.