Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:

Presto "The Big Griddle"

Pros

Cons

This really is big!

This griddle is huge - 15" by 18", and when I researched what griddle to buy, some reviewers complained that this was too big and too hard to store. But if you have a large family, this is a great appliance to have. A entire pound of bacon can fit on here, or 6 large pancakes at one time, or a dozen eggs. The base tilts to pour off any grease, and the whole unit can be immersed in water if you take the heat controller off. This is especially good because I find that over time, even with careful cleaning, the non-stick coating on my appliances comes off so soaking is helpful. Be sure to let the griddle heat up completely (about 10 minutes) before using to avoid any cool or unheated areas.

The big griddle fits its name!

We purchased the Presto "The Big Griddle" 10 months ago and we use it several times a week.  It cooks up a lot of food at once.  The food heats up fairly evenly although there are some slight differences across the surface.  I was very dissapointed when the handle broke only a couple of months after we got it.  We've been needing to take it back and get a new one and we haven't had a chance.  As long as I'm able to get it replaced for free I'm ok with that.  Our favorite thing about it is the masses of grilled cheese we can do at once.  We can fit 12 grilled cheese sandwiches on this griddle at once!   I only have to do one shift of sandwiches for lunch.  I love being able to whip up lunch for all 6 of my kids lickety split.  It makes really nice pancakes.  I find that it doesn't fit quite as many pancakes as I'd hoped but it is a vast improvement over my previous, smaller griddle.  My husband loves to cook up a big mess of eggs and hash browns and there's never any problems with that.  The hash browns crisp up really nice and the eggs cook up quickly and evenly.  It is a bit hard to clean since it doesn't fit in our kitchen sink.  We take it down to the utility sink in the laundry room and clean it there.  The non stick surface is really non stick though.  It is also a bit cumbersome to store but it's worth it.

This griddle is da bomb!

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

Growing up we used our griddle every Sunday morning for family breakfast. At one point we had two to handle all the pancakes, eggs and bacon. As an adult I went a few years without one, so when I received it as a Christmas gift I was elated!
The big size is great, definitely an improvement over the original. Doing 7 pancakes at a time instead of 4 saves a lot of time, and stops the whining faster ;)
Super easy to use, plug it in and go, plus it cooks very evenly. Not the safest for using around children, with no guard over the hot parts, and the plastic gets a bit warm- however that is where common sense would hopefully come into play...
Not just for breakfast anymore though, we cook hamburgers, chicken, grilled sandwiches and quesadillas on it. Not to mention I can lightly toast my bagel or English muffin on one part while I cook up the egg and sausage to make a quick breakfast on the go.
Just let it cool, wipe off and it is ready for the next meal!

heats up and cools down quickly.

a few minor scratches, but the coating holds up well. Most common thing I see break is the drip pan.

Great breakfast maker.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

We have a very large family of seven with five growing and extremely hungry children. I like to make breakfast every saturday and sunday morning, kind of like a family tradition. I wanted to find something that I could make multiple types of breakfast food on and not have to dirty up a whole ton of different dishes or kitchen appliances. I found this griddle and thought that it would be perfect to make multiple things, and I was right. I like to use this to make french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, and eggs the most. It is nice to be able to only use one big dish and not have to worry about using multiple things. It heats up really fast and you can start cooking in a few minutes.I like that you can pick how hot that you want it to be, and I usually turn it to a medium heat setting and very rarely do things ever burn, it cooks them nice and evenly. Cleaning it is relatively simple as all you really have to do is wipe it all down really well. It works well for a large family and if you want something that can make a huge variety of foods on it.

Presto Griddle for breakfast foods and more

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

Most people use the Presto Big Griddle for your typical breakfast foods like pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. While this is great for those foods, it also does a fantastic job of cooking other foods. My friends and I love getting together for a hibachi night and we cook food on these. We grill chicken, onions, bell peppers, and even noodles on the grill. The size is convenient and the grill gets hot enough to cook everything fast. Clean up is easy, since it is made of a non-stick material. The Big Griddle is so versatile, you really can cook almost anything on it. Grilled cheese sandwiches are another item we love to cook on the griddle. You can fit quite a few sandwiches on the griddle, cooking them all at one time. It makes cooking for multiple people fast and easy. These are great to bring on camping trips if you have an RV. The size is perfect to travel with. Ours has lasted for years, so it is also a very durable product.

Presto electric gridle

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

This is a great gridle. We use this when we want to make a large portion of bacon, pancakes, and eggs. It's a little tricky to clean since it's so big but it cooks the food so well that I don't mind. Also has a grease tray so bacon grease is not running all over your counters!

Even heating and cooking on the whole pan. Cooks food very well and heats up quickly.

So far it's been very durable for us, we have a small kitchen so it's stored under other items and it is in almost perfect condition. Even with using the spatula on it there are no scratches or dings in the cooktop.

It is a little tricky to get in the sink and clean without getting water all over the counter. Also not getting the plug port wet is tricky. But once you figure out a good way to get it clean it does become a lot easier.

Very easy to use. Figure out what temperature you want or need to cook your food at and let it warm up for a few minutes. Without the sides of a skillet flipping food is a lot easier.

Perfect for cooking!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

The Presto big griddle was just what I needed for my kitchen! I often have to cook huge breakfasts, especially when family comes in for hunting. This griddle gives me so much more room to cook than a pan or two on the stove! It makes perfect golden brown pancakes and lovely eggs without having to use all that oil to do it which makes it not only time saving but healthier too! I can cook twice as much food in half the time I can in pans and it comes out tasting better! Even though it doesn't require gobs of oil in it, you cannot tell the difference! I would recommend this to large families or to families who often have guests over for meals, or for those just wanting to cut back on unnecessary oils and fats in their diet. It is a bit big to leave on the counters but if you have a pantry to store it in, then I would highly suggest buying it!

I am absolutely pleased with how well this product works!

very durable!

This product is very easy to clean although it took me a bit to figure out how once I did, cleaning it up was not a problem at all!

Very easy to use. My kids help me cook on it all the time.

This is awesome kitchen tool.

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

This is the ultimate breakfast making tool. It is great for making big breakfasts. If you ever tried to make a big breakfast using multiple frying pans you have to try this griddle. It can fit eggs, bacon, and pancakes all at the same time. In addition this is easy to clean after use. The only problem is when grease builds up. The Big Griddle is very easy. It's kind of like using a very large frying pan. You do have to be careful just make sure you are careful not to burn yourself.

This is a great product. It performs how it is supposed to. It has a nice even heating throughout the griddle.

This is a pretty durable product although it is susceptible to scratches.

This is a pretty easy to clean. The biggest problem is cleaning up grease.

This product is very easy to use. It's similar to using a giant frying pan. The heating controls are very easy to use and adjust so your food always comes out right.

perfect for big camping trips or big families

from Warren, MI

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

Gee I love this thing. I got for camping as I was tired of using a bunch of pans when cooking for a larger group. I put a griddle on a Christmas list and this is what my Dad got me. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the cooking surface once I opened the box. I tried it the very next day to make breakfast. The cord was plenty long enough and stored really easy. The controls are in a good place and are easily accessible. It has plenty of settings on it. The most important thing though is that it heats evenly across the cooking surface. Next most important thing is that it cleans up very easily.

This thing works really great. I've taken to using it at home also. I can cook my entire breakfast on just this one item.

It seems pretty durable to me. Its made really well.

A drop of soap, a little water and a sponge and about 10 seconds and you are done.

plug it in, turn it on, cook then clean the whole design is great. No muss no fuss

The Big Griddle has a Huge Surface

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

What I think you will like best about the Big Griddle from Presto is that it can cook a whole lot of food at one time. This griddle can easily fit 12 pancakes, so you won't have to cook them in shifts and everyone can eat hot pancakes all at once! I think it's size might also be what you like least about it. It is a really large unit so that means that you will have to find a space to put it. I know that can be tough in smaller kitchens, but it is helpful to have so that you don't have to use so many different pans to cook dinner in. So just weigh the options and see if this will be the right griddle for your household. Either way, shop for a Presto because you won't be disappointed in it!

Very durable and made to last.

Very easy to clean, especially if you don't cook too many messy foods on the griddle.

So easy to use. Just plug it in and it starts warming up by itself. Might be slightly hard to store unless you have a lot of cabinet space.

Cold Spot in Center

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

I wanted a bigger griddle!

I wanted a bigger gridder that is nice and large, but I found that this offering missed the mark.

The reason is because it does not heat evenly, especially when you place the food in the center of the griddle. The food there comes up colder than the rest and therefore, you have to spend more time reheating your food. It's not efficient enough for me.

I love the working space, but only wish that the heat was distirbuted better. Definitely not happy with this product at all, so I had to return this.

Even if you let the food item heat longer, it will still cook unevenly, definitely a big concern with you cook meats such as bacon or sausage.

But the cooking area is the right size for me and I would be happy with a device that heats as well as the smaller version. Maybe it was a defective unit? I haven't given it a second chance.

My IR thermometer scanner verified the difference in cooking temperature. Otherwise, it's similar to the smaller version, but doesn't work that well

Pretty good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Presto "The Big Griddle":

I have purchased and used this Presto 07046 The Big Griddle for a few years now and I really do like it. I bought this Presto griddle about two years ago and it is still in brand new shape even though I do use it regularly. I love the fact that I can cook almost a whole breakfast on it. It is big enough to cook enough pancakes for a whole family. The one great thing I love about this Presto 07046 The Big Griddle is that stuff does not stick to it. It makes cleaning up so much easier. I definitely would cook pancakes separate from bacon or any greasy meat eve gutting else is just fine to cook together. Anyway the cleanup with this griddle is pretty simple. The durability of this Presto The Big Griddle is amazing since it is still like brand new after two years. It is kind of large so you need yo make sure you have storage space to put it. The price is a little pricey but it is right it for the time it will save you cooking. It cooks even and you will be very happy with it.