Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
Cuisinart Sandwich Grill

Cuisinart Sandwich Grill

Pros

Cons

If I could use regular bread, it'd be amazing!

I'm giving this product an 8 not because of any problems the sandwich press itself has, but because of the fact that gluten-free bread does not work so well in this press. It also depends on the sandwich you make using the gluten-free bread, but otherwise this sandwich press deserves a 9. I'm still taking off a point because the cord that you plug into the electrical outlet is pretty short; I was expecting it to be longer than it was even though I had read the specifications on the website that I had ordered it from.

It doesn't toast gluten-free bread all of the way, but I'm tempted to try using regular bread to see if it does. The wells are awesome to cut your sandwich in half; it almost makes them into little toaster sandwiches like Hot Pockets. It makes it easier to eat the sandwich as well, I've noticed.

I haven't had many occasions where the durability has been tested, but I did knock it against the counter on accident and it didn't make a mark or a dent or anything.

I made a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and put too much cheese in it and the cheese went all over the grill. Thanks to the non-stick plates, the cheese just slide off when I used a knife to scrape it off. I wasn't expecting it to be that smooth and easy to clean! Even the outside is easy to clean, which I was quite surprised about.

It's really self-explanatory; plug it in, let it preheat, butter your sandwich, put it on the grill when the light is green, shut it, lock it, and wait for the green light to turn red and then green minutes later.

Convenient but a little small.

This sandwich grill is a well made and easy to care for product with its nonstick places but it is a tad small. You can not place anything larger than a standard size sandwich. Not to mention the specialty breads are too thick for this machine. None of the premium or specialty breads will fit in this machine. With that being said, if you want to add more ingredients or a bit more cheese you risk the lid not being able to close and lock. The indicator lights are there letting you know if it is heating up or keeping warm but I do wish there was a timer to auto shut off. There is no such timer and you just have to remove the plug when you are done cooking because it will never turn off. I do wish the unit would get a little more hot but it still does the job and makes decent grilled cheese sandwiches. Omelets come out decent too. Just be aware that the size will be a little small so if you have a big appetite you will have to make multiple omelets. The unit is easy to clean and for that I give it a plus.

Overall a good buy but know its limitations. Kids will love it.

Kids Love Grilled Cheese!

from Waretown, NJ

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

Works great and the sandwiches come out perfect every time! This product has multiple uses!

This makes the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. Cooks the bread perfect each time doesn't burn the bread. I love how it seals the ends of them so that it makes little separate sandwiches and the ingredients don't spill out. You can even make french toast in it. The product heats up fast and has a nonstick coating inside so your food never gets stuck or burnt on!

The product is tough and sturdy.

I've found it to be very easy to clean. You can take a moistened towel and wipe the inside of the machine down. Because the inside has a nonstick coating cleaning is extremely easy.

It is beyond easy to use this sandwich maker, even kids can use it to make sandwiches! The sandwich maker has lights that come on to indicate when its ready and when your food is ready as well. Once you plug the grill in the lights red and when it turns green you just put your bread and fillings in and close the lid and lock it. The sandwich maker turns green when your sandwich is ready!

Great for quick meals and making perfect sandwiches

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

Ever since I was a teenager, one of my favorite things to eat has been a good panini. When I was younger I would get extremely inventive and put things into sandwiches that some say should never have been there. I had a pretty good George Foreman grill for the past year, but sadly it broke about a month ago. It turns out that it broke at the perfect time because my fiancé and I have just started replacing all of our kitchen appliance. Thanks to the timing, I bought a new George Foreman grill and this sandwich grill because I just had to start making paninis again. So far, I have made a panini for myself every other day and they always come out delicious and perfectly cooked. This sandwich press is easy to use, easy to clean, and performs great at making perfect sandwiches that come out at the perfect temperature. This sandwich grill is great for anyone, whether you are making salami and gruyere sandwiches for yourself or plain ham and cheese for the kids.

So easy a kid could do it.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

The Cuisinart Sandwich Maker Grill has honestly become one of my favorite small appliances. Although there are many things I like about it, what I enjoy the most it that it is small. It fits into a small spaces with ease. It warms very quickly as well. It is incredibly easy to use. It has a light on the front top area that not only indicates when it is ready to cook but also when it is ready to eat. There are so many cool things to make with it too. I love trying new sandwich combinations and experimenting with all sorts of ingredients. It also travels easy which was really great because our family travels a lot. It has been a life saver when it comes to making a quick and nutritious meal. What I like the most about it is that my daughter, who is nine can use it with ease. She makes her favorite sandwiches and never burns them. On top of that, the sandwich maker has raised edges so they seal the edged of the sandwiches to make perfect pockets and helps prevent the contents from falling out and burning or making a bigger mess. I have a lot of appliances but this is one of my personal favorites.

This is such quick and easy sandwich grill!

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

This Cuisinart sandwich maker is nearly the perfect way to make a fabulous, quick, and easy sandwich (or omelette!), although use it almost only for sandwiches because the eggs can be messy. It forms your sandwich (I've only tried with regular sandwich bread) into a nearly perfectly enclosed set of triangle pockets! Eater be warned though, they really trap the heat, leading us to sometimes have to break them apart to let them cool. If you do eggs, they come out great! I do not recommend over-stuffing the sandwich, because it has to be able to clasp closed in the front, but we have never had an issue with this, and ours contain cheese and plenty of meat. If you overfill on either a sandwich or an omelette, there will just be some quick clean-up afterward. It's so simple and easy to use I would recommend it to anyone.

It is so durable that I've even dropped it and it still works like new!

Super sandwich maker!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

I do think that the Cuisinart Sandwich Grill is an amazing invention for making fantastic grilled sandwiches! It is quite a time saver and fun product for the whole family to use to make grilled and panini sandwiches for a quick lunch,snack, or dinner. It is so good for making grilled cheese or other family favorites for a nice meal. It really helps to hold the contents closed so it doesn't get all over and leak. It cooks the sandwich for just the right amount of time. Truly a great idea!

The performance of this amazing product is absolutely wonderful!! I think many people will enjoy using this grill sandwich maker for such a long time.

I think that this product is very durable and made to last for many years if used properly and taken care of.

This grill is quite easy to clean. You can just wipe it off with warm soapy water and then use clear water to wipe it off after that and it will be ready to go for the next tasty sandwich meal.

It is so very easy to use too and will provide your family with many delicious sandwich meals.

Makes sandwiches taste spectacular!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

My son begged me to get this sandwich grill, and I think it was a great buy. This makes a sandwich spectacular. From regular grilled cheese sandwiches to more complex sandwiches with meat, cheese and vegetable. It makes a normal sandwich taste much better. Not only that but it's so easy to use a child operate it, as all my kids use it to make great sandwiches when I'm not able.

Enjoy a perfectly grilled sandwich every time with this grill. My son use to burn his grilled cheese all the time. Now he cooks the bread perfectly with this machine.

Pretty durable as all my kids use it and it's lasted us for over a year. It's even been dropped a few times and hasn't broke once, that's a durable sandwich maker!

This is my least favorite part about the machine. It's tougher to clean than my other grills because of the fact it doesn't come apart. It's also hard to clean when cheese melts on the nonstick surface. This is the only drawback to using this instead of a regular pan.

This is so easy to use, my kids even use it.

I Like This Sandwich Grill

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

This sandwich grill is perfect for making toasted and grilled sandwiches. I like to make grilled cheese sandwiches, pepperoni and cheese pocket sandwiches and toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

This sandwich grill is very easy to use and doesn't require much effort to clean. The only thing I had hoped for when I bought this sandwich grill is that it would have been a bit bigger in size. If you are not careful if you put too much ingredients inside your bread it will overflow. I also noticed that certain size breads are too large in size to fit inside this machine.

Be sure to use a non stick spray or butter when making your sandwiches. The manual says the grill plates are non stick but in my personal experience this isn't the case. Whenever I have made sandwiches without any non stick spray or butter my food would stick to the grill plates.

Overall I really like this sandwich grill. I would recommend it.

Needs to be bigger in size.

Great if you don't have an oven or stove

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

I started using this Cusinart Sandwich Grill at my grandparents home, since they keep their oven and stove turned off since they do not cook anymore. There are only so many plain sandwiches you can eat, and I don't like to use the microwave to heat every meal my family takes to their house. This Sandwich Grill is very convenient, and it makes it easy to make a heated sandwich. You just place the bread and meat in the grill, and grill it for a few minutes. It's about as easy to clean as any other type of indoor grill, so that part does not bother me. Cuisinart is a really good name when it comes to kitchen appliances, so I think this should last a long time.

The bread does not stick to the grill, and it does not burn (unless you leave it on the grill an extrememly long time and are not watching).

This is not very easy to clean, but that can be expected from any type of indoor grill.

This is very easy to use. You just plug it in, but the sandwich on the grill, and within a few minutes you have a perfect melted cheese, or turkey melt, or whatever you wan to make.

If I could use regular bread, it'd be amazing!

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

Makes perfect sandwiches all the time

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:

I got this as a birthday gift and I use them all the time when I want to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I used to just oven my sandwiches and then slapped the cheese on to melt it but now, with this Cuisinart Sandwich Grill, making sandwiches is a breeze now. I love how it will compress the sandwiches together to make everything all compact. The grilled marks on this machine make it a nice finishing touch. I also like how it will heat up pretty quickly and when you press the sandwiches together, it does not get stick to the top of the presser. This machine is great for making grilled cheese sandwiches during parties or for a large group of people in a short amount of time. I also like how cleaning is and easy too. It also does not take that much space in the kitchen and it seems fairly inexpensive. It can be a great gift and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sandwich maker.