Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill

George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill

Pros

Cons

BEST small kitchen appliance ever purchases!!

I purchased the very first George Foreman Grill ever made and simply wore it out from so much use.

I then received the George Foreman Grill with the 5 interchangable plates for Christmas and it is more wonderful than the first grill.  The plates will remove for easy cleaning and the recipe book that came with the grill has some awesome recipes in it.  The grill also has an adjustable temperature that the old grill did not have, which is a BIG plus in my book.  There is very little, if any, heat that comes from the grill, no smoking up your kitchen and has an adjustable lever at the back to make it tilt forward for draining the grease if cooking hamburgers etc., or you can tilt it back to the flat position if you are cooking on the flat grill for eggs, sandwiches and stuff like that, and the waffle recipe is simple and delicious.

The grill cooks everything so quick and steaks are wonderful cooked on the grill.  I marinate mine in a mixture of italian dressing and a little worchestshire  sauce for approx. 30 minutes before putting on the grill and they cook to perfection and come out so tender.

If you are looking for a GREAT indoor grill for yourself, or as a gift, this is the one to buy.

George Foreman Disappointed me....

I had the original George Foreman Grill when it came out and absolutely LOVED it in my tiny basement apartment (we had a tiny one), so when this came out it was on my "must have" list of appliances to get.  When I finally found a good sale on it I jumped at the chance to purchase it.  And so far, it has pretty much sat on top of the cabinets in my kitchen collecting dust.

First the pros of this item.  It is SUPER easy to clean, can do a variety of jobs and seems to do them okay.  It leaves nice grill marks on your food and it was a nice upgrade from my old George Foreman Grill.

The cons?  Well the first thing I noticed and one of the MAJOR cons to me is that the cord is, no joke, like six inches long.  And that is it folks.  I hate any appliance that I have to search around for a nice heavy duty (preferably heat resistant) extension cord so that I can actually USE it (I have low cabinets in my kitchen so I can't use the sucker on my regular counters without worrying about fire hazards).  The only place I can use this thing without an extension cord is on my kitchen island and that's if I make the cord really stretch itself to fullest capacity and then it's right at the edge of my counter.  With two young kids, this is NOT an ideal situation.  The other thing I noticed is that while it does do a variety of jobs, it just plain doesn't do them as WELL as if you had a couple of other appliances on hand.  I've found myself using my grill pan on my oven, my actual grill and am looking around for an actual waffle maker to do the things that I was hoping the G5 would do for me.  The thing is also akwardly shaped so trying to fit in a cabinet doesn't work, so I have to store it out in the open so it collects dust.  Overall, if had to do it over again, I probably would have just bought  a waffle maker instead of this appliance and made due with my old George Foreman grill instead of getting the G5.  Live and learn I guess.

George Foreman is the best!

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I could not live without my George Foreman! It is a great piece of equipment for a great price. This indoor countertop grill can cook everything and it's so easy to use. I cook everything from hamburgers to bacon to omelets on here. It seriously smushes the fat right out of your meats and the grease out of all you foods. It cooks everything all the way through, no flipping, stirring, or anything. My only issue I have ever had ( I have owned my george foreman for years) is the cleanup. I throw the skillets into the dishwasher and they clean very easily that way but the grease platters build up on the machine and it is a pain in the butt to clean in all the creases. Other than the cleaning aspect the machine is absolutely wonder. I would recommend this unit to anyone and everyone. It also makes a great wedding present as I have given George Foremans to many people over the years and they love it just as much as I do.

The best grill I have ever used or owned!

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this grill is and how easy it is to use. I have owned two different George Foreman grills in the past, and while I liked both of them they were not match for this one. This grill has the great feature of being able to remove the grill plates and place them in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. The one thing I always hated was trying to clean the Foreman grill for the next use. Now as soon as we are finished eating the grill pieces are cool enough to be removed and placed in the dishwasher. I simply wipe down the rest of the grill with a damp paper towel, in order to keep it nice and clean, and it is ready for the next time. You can also order additional grill pieces to go with this grill. You can get waffle pieces, sandwich pieces etc. So not only does it cook great it is very versatile.

It performs wonderfully every time. The heat setting has three main settings: low, medium, and high. You can also set the knob anywhere in between to get the temperature just right for what you are cooking. I have cooked all kind of things on my grill from sandwiches to steaks and they have always come out tasting great.

My grill is about a year old and looks and performs just a perfectly as the first day I bought it.

Just set the temperature, let the grill warm up, put your food on the grill and you are ready to eat before you know it.

Good with small drawback

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

We received this as a Christmas gift from family as we had an older one that was too small for our now family of 4. I also wanted something I could use for other things then just meat like Panini's and possibly other things. When I saw this could also do things like chicken nuggets, which is my kids favorites I was sold! We have used it so far to make pork chops, salmon, and some awesome Panini's. Cant wait to try it for chicken nuggets and even brownies, still alittle skeptical with the brownies but willing to try it :)

Seems like it does a really good job. Found with the salmon that it might be alittle too heavy and the fish seems dry... could have been from overcooking too though so might have been my fault, will try again sometime. It is a Fast cooker which I am also not used to, but that is not a performance issue!

I question the changeable plates. Seems like they are pretty loose and wonder if they will last. But for now it seems to be fine.

Most of the plates that I have cleaned have been fine but the top grill plate is a pain! the divots are just crazy, have to get into each one if you make something sticky. Yes its nonstick which is nice but you still have to be able to wipe it. wish they would have made the top plate straight like the bottom one as well so it would be easier.

It seems to be pretty straight forward for how to use it. Pretty much picked it up, put the plates in, plugged it in and turned it on.

George Forman G5 Indoor Grill

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

This grill is so versatile! I love the easy cleanup.The interchangeable plates makes it a unit that is good for so many things.I have had this since it has come out into the market.It is still as good today as the day i bought it.Everyone in my house uses it.It is good for fresh or frozen foods.

The grill heats up fast.It can be tipped for draining fat or kept level to cook things that doe not need draining.

This is one tough grill.I use this everyday for something.The plates have never worn out.

Nothing sticks to the nonstick plates.The plates can be removed and put in the dishwasher or washed by hand.Nothing more than soap and water is needed.I have never had to scrub anything off.

Didnt take anything to figure out how to use this unit.Very easy to change the plates and tip the drain section if needed.It is lightweight enough to move it shelf to shelf or store in a cabinet out of the way if you want to.

Best indoor grill ever

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I live in the northern states where snow and cold are a factor for a lot of the year. This grill makes it so we can enjoy a grilled steak or grilled chicken, or grilled anything all year round. I love that it fits perfectly on my counter and I can quickly cook whatever my family wants for dinner. What more can you ask for in a grill?

A very fun indoor grill.

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

This grill is versatile and easy to use. I like making burgers, grilled panini sandwiches, and flatbreads on it. The amount of grease that it catches from the meat is amazing and makes you feel so good about all of the grease you are not putting into your body. I would highly recommend this indoor grill to anyone because of its convenience and ease of use.

The best grill I've ever bought.

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I bought this George Foreman grill because I needed a way to cook my meats without adding fat or unwanted oil. I'm extremely happy with my purchase because this grill really does it all. I'm able to make healthy and delicious meals very fast and I don't have to use oil. I like to season my meats with Mrs. Dash seasoning because it doesn't have any salt added to it. I expected it to not cook food thoroughly or burn certain parts of it but it really doesn't. It evenly cooks my food with no problem and all of the grease from the meat drips down which makes it a lot more healthier. I also use it to grill veggies and it does a great job. It cooks very fast and doesn't ruin the taste of food. It also doesn't heat up the kitchen like other grills do. This grill has really helped me prepare healthy and tasty meals fast and I have yet to experience any problems with it. I love this grill and use it everyday.

George Foreman Indoor Grill

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I LOVE my george foreman grill! We love to grill outside, but when there's snow on the ground and it's below freezing outside we love to be able to eat a delicious burger or grilled chicken in the comfort of our own home!

I love how this grills.

I like the removeable plates, but they don't hold up in a dishwasher like they say they do. They do much better if hand washed.

They wash down pretty well, but after a while like other nonstick products they start to wear off.

Super easy to use and makes good food!

This is great for grilling indoors in the winter!

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

I absolutely love this George Foreman Grill. It works great for burgers, chicken and brats! I also love the waffle iron tray! I asked for this on my wedding registry and couldn't be happier that someone got it for us. If this one breaks down (it is 5 years old) I would certainly buy another!

Cooks chicken, burgers and brats evenly and fast! I also love to make waffles on this machine. I have never used the baking trays but they come with it as well.

I've had mine for 5 years and it still works great! I have not had any problems with it at all. The trays have not scratched at all.

I put the plates in the dishwasher. They always come out perfectly clean. It came with a scrubber designed specifically to clean this machine. However, over time the scrubber got tossed. It is still very easy to clean!

We use this mostly in the winter time when we cannot grill outside. It is so easy to use and clean up. The waffle iron tray is great too. Just make sure to use some nonstick spray when making waffles.

The perfect little grill

Comments about George Foreman G5 Indoor Grill:

A few years ago, my mother bought this grill, and it has really come in handy. She still has it now.

It gets everything cooked perfectly: waffles, pork chops, paninis, you name it! There isn't a single solid food that this grill can't cook.

This little grill has lasted my family of seven for several years. Some of the plates might not attach to the hot plate as well as they used to, but it still works and will work for several more years. It was made to last.

Cleaning the heating element is a cinch; you just take a soapy wet cloth and wipe it off. However, cleaning the individual removable plates can be a bit of a challenge, depending on what you cook. I just wish that these were more non-stick...cleaning them after cooking pork chops is a bit of a pain.

It's easy. You just plug in the grill, turn the dial to the setting that you want, pull out the handles on the plate that you want to use, and release them to attach them to the heating element. Then, you put the food that you want to cook on the grill, close the cover, and leave it for a few minutes until it's done.