Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:

Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill

Pros

Cons

4 in 1 griddler really does it all

The Cuisinart indoor grill really *does* do it all.  I thought long & hard about choosing this one over less expensive models -- am retired and on a fixed income.  What finally sold me was the feature allowing you to remove the grill plates literally "with the push of a button" and just put them in the dishwasher.  The GR4 has exceeded my expectations in every way -- I use it more than I do my built-in JennAir range top/grill.  Instructions were very clear, recipe book that's included has both actual recipes and (more importantly) general grilling times for different foods. The easy-to-see controls allow lots of variability.  It's not only 4 tools in 1 (grilling both sides, open grill which doubles the cooking space, panini press and griddle) but has an independent temperature setting ranging from 'warm' to 'sear.'  That translates into everything from steaks to chicken breasts to seared halibut to pancakes.  And a green light tells you when the grill is pre-heated.  I've been using mine for more than 4 years & wouldn't be without it!

Poor design and questionable long-term durability

Device seems cheaply made and is hard to clean and understand. I do not feel that it is a safe device to let my husband use or anybody else without long term study. I feel we will be replacing this with something better.

It seems to be lacking some elements that make it self-explanatory. I wasn't sure when our waffles were done, and I had to check a few times before it became clear how the device worked. I use many appliances and this one seemed to make me do most of the work in figuring it out. The grill side of it wasn't very good either. I had to microwave the hamburgers I tried to cook on it to make sure they were fully cooked.

This is unknown, but I read some other reviews out there that say the plates warp over time. I am concerned this will happen. I will keep an eye on it, but seriously much of this mechanism doesn't look or feel very durable. I have a feeling I will be replacing it soon.

Easy to clean, but not easy to remove the plates. My husband almost broke the little notch on the side of the top plate trying to remove it. It wasn't self-explanatory. It wasn't easy. However, being able to put the plates in the dishwasher or in the sink was very nice.

The plates are awkward. Taking the plates on or off, or even flipping them isn't easy. getting the griddle to lay flat open isn't easy. I felt like was going to break it. The little notch on the handle feels very flimsy.

One of my favorite kitchen items

from St. Charles, Mo

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy to Start
  • Even Heat

Cons

• Meats
    • Pancakes
    • Sandwiches

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

We receive this as a wedding gift several years ago. This is one of the appliances that are use the most. At least once a week, if not more, I pull this thing out for many meals. The grill plates are perfect for meat. Chicken, beef, pork, fish. Whatever the meat. I probably use the griddlethe most. Grilled cheese and pancakes are made often in our house.

It is super easy to clean. Nice tight storage. And warms up quickly to get your meals going. I highly recommend and if this ever breaks, I will buy another one.

Poor design and questionable long-term durability

perfect for bbq lovers

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

I love eating BBQ and grilled food, and I used to have to wait until summer to enjoy that food, but not anymore. I love grilling vegetables on this indoor griddle, and sometimes I throw on a steak or a piece of chicken, and I can enjoy juicy BBQ during any season. I'm so glad I bought this appliance because it really does make my life much more enjoyable.

This appliance gives me a nice, even grill on my vegetables, and does an amazing job BBQ-ing meat like steak or chicken breast. It tastes like I put the food out on the barbecue, I actually can't tell any difference.

This griddle has lasted for a few years now, and I'm sure it will work well in the years to come.

What's really nice about this appliance is it takes almost no time to clean up. Plus, I don't have to spend so much time on maintenance, like I would on a full sized grill. Its a convenient and faster way for me to get the food I love without the long clean up.

This is a fast and easy way for me to get the grilled flavors and cooks I want without the hazards of an open flame or the strain of a long clean up.

Cuisinart Griddler grill saved us during kitchen remodeling!

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4 4-in-1 indoor grill saved us during kitchen remodeling! Our kitchen was not useable for nearly two months. I didn't know what we were going to do about preparing meals, and my general contractor recommended this griddle. He specializes in kitchen remodeling and sees lots of families "make do" without kitchens. There are dozens of grills/griddles on the market, but this one is fantastic because it is so versatile!

If you were only going to buy a grill to cook hamburgers twice a month, then any of those other grills would probably be ok. But if you are depending on a grill and a microwave to make meals for two months, you want a product that gives more options.

The "4-in-1" refers to the ways you can use it.
    1. Open face (gives you double the cooking surface area
    2. Closed (grills both sides at once
    3. Panini press (self explanatory and fantastic!)
    4. Griddle

This grill worked like a champ for the two months we didn't have a kitchen. But now that our gourmet kitchen is complete, we still use it a few times per week. It is just so easy!

Our grill probably was probably used more than most. And it never let us down. We have had it for almost two years and it still works perfectly.

When we didn't have a kitchen, we washed the plates in the garage sink. But now we just pop them in the dishwasher. You just press a button and the grills pop off! Easy!

Yep! This thing is so easy to use and also easy to clean. What more could you want?

Can cook so many different things!

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

I love this griddler! We use it all the time to make panini sandwiches, and they always turn out perfectly. It heats up quickly, cooks the paninis well, and is really simple to clean. The griddle plates pop right out and can go in the dishwasher. They can also be turned around to give a flat surface, which works really well for cooking pancakes and french toast. The press can open flat and be used as a griddle with the flat side of the plates up. We haven't used it as much for grilling meat, but when we have it works really well. The drip pan catches the grease, and is simple to pull out to empty and clean.

I was really surprised at how easy this was to clean. You just pop the plates out and stick them in the dishwasher. If necessary you can remove the drip tray and put it in the dishwasher too. I love that it's so easy to clean, because it means I'm much more likely to use it regularly.

So easy to use! Heats up really quickly, and can be used for cooking so many different types of foods.

The most useful small kitchen appliance you could buy!

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

It is so easy to cook so many different things on the Griddler... it is such a versatile machine! You can even buy waffle plates separately to turn it into a waffle maker. The lines it made in my paninis were rather extreme, but I recently found an adjustment for that I didn't know the machine had, which I haven't had a chance to try on a panini yet. Definitely worth the buy... it cooks meat twice as fast by cooking both sides at once. Lunch is ready in minutes and it tastes great!

It cooks beautifully every time, especially when grilling or searing meat! Cooking on both sides of the meat saves time, and it's an easy way to cook for someone like me, who is not very practiced at cooking.

The plates can be cleaned in the dishwasher, do it can be fairly easy to clean, but make sure to run them through the dishwasher and wipe down the machine each time you use it, or it will be quite difficult to clean off later!

best griddler on the market!

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

this is the best griddler i have ever found. it grills, cooks, makes paninis and so much more! its sturdy, heats up quickly and has even cooking temps across both plates. i have been using this for a couple of months and it is holding up perfectly! we make pancakes at least once a week. grilled sandwich several times a month and use it to cook hamburgers. it gives you that perfect grilled taste without all the mess. its a very heavy grill so its hard to move around but in my opinion that makes it sturdier. the plates are very easy to remove with just the push of a button. it heats up very quickly and cools down just as fast. this will be my new favorite gift to give for wedding showers and housewarmings!

the non stick plates make this a breeze to clean just wipe off or place in dishwasher. the drain is good at trapping the liquids and grease that flow off just make sure you have it positioned just right on the bottom.

Great features make it easy to clean and cook multiple dishes.

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

Extremely easy to use, multiple features make cooking everything from meats, fish, even vegetables and sandwiches. Best grill I have used, was a great present, time saving. Would suggest as a gift for men or women. Every one should own this grill, who needs a stove and multiple pans to cook delicious full flavored meals in a short amount of time and less clean up time.

Cooks evenly, makes the best grilled dinners or sandwiches.

Sturdy construction makes cleaning easy. This grill has the quality brand associated with excellence. Everyone can rely on consistent, long lasting performance with a proven recognized brand like Cuisenart.

Cleaning was always a problem with this type of grill but this saves time and effort.

I can make more meals using this grill, meets my families demands. Perfectly cooked meats, fish, sandwiches and allows you to be creative when cooking family meals.

Fantastic go to appliance

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

This appliance is great. I use it for sandwiches, as a panini press, and even cook steaks and chicken with it. I can even do some vegetables so they get that charred flavoring like a regular grill. Its not huge so space isn't an issue. It also is easy to use and heats up very quickly. Its very easy to clean as well and not something that you will be spending a lot of time working with. It has 2 different type grill plates that swap out with in seconds. It is non stick coated as well so a breeze to clean up. You can use oil for certain things if you think you need it but honestly not necessary. I bought this so I could try some things with my son for lunch and snacks. I can get some sneaky veggies in with this as the panini compresses well and hides the green from him. Also making your own panini sandwiches much cheaper then going to the deli or restaurant. Def recommend to anyone looking to be healthier and try new ideas!

Great alternative to grilling outside, and a griddle to boot!

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Cuisinart Griddler 4-in-1 Indoor Grill:

The Cuisinart Griddler offers a compact and effective indoor grill and griddle combination that has become a valuable tool in my cooking arsenal. The plates heat quickly and evenly, are easy to clean, and create a great sear on my food. I particularly enjoy the panninni press potential, and have made hot sandwiches regularly this winter. I especially like that the unit can be opened to create a larger grill or griddle surface, or can be used closed to cook more quickly. Grilling hamburgers has never been the easy or fast before. The quality of this appliance makes for consistent quality of food, and I am certain that this will continue to be an important part of my cooking plans.