Other Cereals:
Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal

Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal

Pros

Cons

Just like me - Perfectly sweet and nutty.

Someone here reviewed Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds recently and it sounded so good that I decided to give it a try.  So the next time I went shopping I picked up a box and am happy to report that it is really yummy and I'd definitely buy it again.

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds is sort of like two different cereals to me. I really like sweet cereals for kids and crunchy things like granola but sometimes they're too sweet.  And I like flaky cereals too but sometimes they're boring and not sweet enough.

But the HBOA with Almonds is like a combination of the two.  It's got three diferent kinds of flakes that are kind of bland and get a little mooshy in milk and it's got little oaty clusters that stay crunchy and are slightly sweet.  Add to that sliced almonds and it's a really great combination of two types of cereals and just the right about of sweetness.

And for a slightly sweet cereal it's not loaded with fat or calories either which is nice.  One serving is 120 calories, 2 g of fiber (not shabby but not great either), 1.5 g fat, and only 6 grams of sugar.  The sugar thing blows my mind because even boring cereals like flakes and chex have about that much sugar or more yet Honey Bunches is way sweeter.  But not so sweet that it would turn off adult eaters.

My only complaint is that there are not many almonds in my box.  I have a hunch that they're all at the bottom of the box still and in a few more days when I get to the bottom I'll find Bunches of Almonds with a Lil Bit of Cereal.  We'll see.  For now I'm happy and I'd definitely buy this cereal again.

5 stars.

Hated it!

We tried Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds this morning. I bought it because it looked like a wholesome, healthy cereal to alternate with our sugary, tasty stuff! I also wanted to get more nut protein in our diets and this looked like a sneaky way to do it!

It was terrible! The flakes were soggy in no time and there were barely any almonds or oat clusters. There was no taste. Which surprised me a lot. I tried eating just the clusters and still didn't get a lot of taste.

I ended up pushing the cereal to the side of the bowl and drinking the milk so it wouldn't go to waste.

My 3 year old wouldn't touch it. He pushed the bowl away and refused to even try it. He usually likes any cereal we give him. My husband was unable to test it due to an allergy. It does have cinnamon in it and he decided to pass on the migraine.

I'm so disappointed. This looked really good and I had a great coupon. Oh well...hopefully the ducks at the park will like it.

Delicious and hard to resist!

from Singapore, Singapore

About Me Foodie, Frequent Diner, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Flavorful
  • Healthy

Cons

• Delicate
  • Messy
  • Perishable

• Snack

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

I normally eat the cereal in the morning with milk, and it's super delicious! One bad thing about the packaging is that you can't re-use it.

A perfect combination of flavors that provide a yummy breakfast!

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, is one of my top three favorite breakfast cereals. With only 160 calories per 3/4 cup, this healthy cereal provides necessary vitamins and minerals that help you start your day of right! A cornflake texture with a taste of honey mixes with milk perfectly. The sliced almonds in the cereal add to the sweetness of the tasteful experience! Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds is a cereal is fantastic!

This is hands down my favorite cereal!

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

Honey bunches of oats is the best cereal brand I've ever had! The crunchiness of the granola added with the sweetness of the flakes combines to create such a great and flavorful texture. Eaten with almond milk, it is truly an amazing experience. I definitely recommend it to every cereal lover out there! :)

Great tasting cereal

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

Honey bunches of oats is a great cereal and it comes in a number of very good flavors, but the almond flavor is definitely one of my favorites. I actually have a box out on my table right now. It is a sweet cereal that isn't overwhelmingly sweet and it has a great mix of textures. There are a couple of different types of flakes, granola clusters, and almond slivers. Perfect for snacking or for breakfast.

honey bunches of oats cereal

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

I love this cereal. It's a little pricey when at a regular price, but I usually wait for a good sale and use coupons for it. I haven't found any other brand or store brand that can be used as a substitute for it. Most brand name cereal can be substituted with a lower cost store brand or other brand, but I didn't see anything similar in any other brands.

So good!

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

I am a huge fan of cereal. I love the Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal. The best part about it is the texture. You get nice corn flakes with huge bunches of granola and oats, along with slivers of almonds! The medley of all these flavors and textures is just perfect. It's a nice healthy way to start your morning! It makes you feel much better about yourself when you start your morning with wholesome cereal.

Good flavor

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

If you are looking for a flavorful cereal, this is it! The oats provide a subtle taste, and make up the majority of the cereal. When you bite into a "honey bunch", that is when you get the sweet flavor, and it is so good! The two ingredients go really well together, and make for a sweet breakfast treat.

Eating Honey Bunches of Oats makes me happy!

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

I love Honey Bunches of Oats cereal! It just makes me happy. I enjoy all the different textures -- the light flakes, the slices of almonds, and the delicious, crunchy, sweet clusters of oats and honey -- it makes eating cereal more interesting. The clusters are, of course, my favorite. I enjoy Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast or a snack. It seems satisfy my hunger and tide me over longer than most other cereals, probably because of the oats and almonds in it. I really love pouring the cereal and watching for a big cluster of oats to fall into my bowl. It's fun eating the clusters and especially yummy to get a big one. It really is an enjoyable experience eating this cereal. I also like that it comes in a "Family Size" box, so there's more to go around. It is more expensive than some cereals, but I feel that I am getting my money's worth. The only negative I would mention is that the flakes can get soggy if you let your cereal sit too long in milk. However, the clusters seem to hold up well to milk.

If I could marry a cereal, it would be this one.

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

Honey Bunches of Oats is the best. It is the bomb dot com. The cherry on top, the bees knees and whatever else. You might think I'm being overly passionate over a cereal brand but nay! This cereal brand SAVED MY LIFE.
So: One day, my mother was out of the country, and since I am unable to make even toast, I had been eating microwavable dinners for the past week. I was a mess. Mentally and...excretor-ally. And then, like the second-coming of Jesus, I saw this box of cereal, ate a bowl (or maybe five) and BAM.
So this is love? mmmhmmmhmmm

Tasty and healthy breakfast!

Comments about Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal:

Honey Bunches of Oats are very tasty and I love the nutrition value. They also have crunchy granola and almonds added, which add protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fat (good fat). It also contains a lot of iron. This great as a guilt-free breakfast or snack.