Other Cereals:
Quaker
Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats

Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats

I can stand a bowl a day and it's good for me so I'm trying.

When you look back at your life and think about all the harmful stuff you've crammed down your body over the decades it's pretty scary looking at the future. We have heart disease on both sides of my family and all kinds of other diet related issues like diabetes so I finally accepted the fact that, as I approach the age at which my father died, it's now or never if I expect to outlive him by much. I'm not into tryng new stuff though. As a kid I ate Quaker Oats at my grandmothers, also grapefruit. We had those little spoons with the teeth in them for the fruit, made it easy to dig in.

Of course, back then we covered the grapefruit in sugar and put butter, milk and sugar on the oatmeal. Nowadays, fortunately, I dislike sugar but the rest of the "healthy" breakfast I grew up on seemed natural to try again. I noticed they've made some cosmetic changes to that cardboard can they sell Quaker Oats in but beyond that, depending on how you make it, it's still pretty much just the same old box of oats as before. I make mine with water but they say it's creamier with milk so I may have to try that someday.

The only complaint I have about oatmeal is the same one I had as a kid. It's a lot faster to cook it than it is to eat a big bowl. Other than that, it's all good. Del Monte sells peeled grapefruit sections in jars so eating grapefruit with my oatmeal is as easy as it is delicious. When you compare this breakfast with the typical American plate of bacon, eggs, sausage and toast and *maybe* a glass of juice, the choice is clear. Oatmeal is the food equivalent of going to confession. It makes you feel better about yourself from the inside out.

I can't guarantee it'll add years to my life but I do know that if I stick with this habit it will at the least have served to keep me away from eating pounds and pounds of fat-drenched morning fare and that "can't help but help." No it isn't exciting and no it doesn't have a fancy marketing team behind it. Let's face it, it's stable fodder, but cooked up with a little salt and Smart Balance, it might just be the best thing since treadmils when it comes to your heart health.  If you're middle aged, out of shape, with internal organs that try to sneak out of your body in search of asylum at night, it might be time for some oatmeal. Your taste buds will get used to it and you'll feel better so give it a try.

What did they do to Quaker Oats?

I've eaten Old Fashioned Quaker Oats all my life.  I got a new box recently and noticed that the label had changed and was now gold.  Not thinking much of it, I made my usual morning oatmeal and was sadly surprised when I cooked it and discovered it had changed drastically!

At first I thought maybe I'd used the wrong measuring cup but no, the second time I made it was the same - what used to be a nice chewy thick oatmeal was thin tasteless gruel. Aggggghhhhhh!!!

All I can think is that somehow this thin stuff must be cheaper for them to make.  How depressing. How false to advertise it as Old Fashioned when it's clearly not.  I would have paid more for the old stuff, but now I've paid the same price (which has risen like everything else) for a diluted product.

So I guess it's going to be steel cut oats for me.

Makes Great Oatmeal

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

I eat oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast and I love Quaker. I just throw some oats in a bowl, add water, and then microwave it for about two minutes and its done. ts that easy. I also like how its whole oats and not cut up pieces like they are in the packets. Its also super healthy and a great way to start my day. I buy it all the time.

Quaker Oats, A Brand I Trust

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

As far as oatmeal goes, you might say any brand would work. I have tried other brands and yes they might have been ok. But, for me and my house we trust Quaker Oats. They are very consistent with the product and have a long shelf life. They may be a few cents more but they are far worth it in quality. I make oatmeal for my kids regularly and bake with them as well. I remember my grandmother having this brand in her kitchen. If it ain't broke it don't need fixing! Love this wonderful brand of oats.

Use Old Fashioned Quaker Oats for great oatmeal cookies!

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

Although I prefer using the pre-seasoned packets of Quaker oatmeal when I want a bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast, I ALWAYS use Old Fashioned Quaker Oats when I make regular oatmeal, oatmeal raisin, or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They make SUCH moist and chewy cookies it's unbelievable, they're DELICIOUS, and it's impossible to believe how GOOD for you the oats are! Calcium, iron, vitamins...all in one container!

A quick, cheap breakfast!

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

I would be lying if I didn't say that I had a few tubes of Quaker Oats laying around the house. It is a huge staple in my family's diet. These oats are cheap and they are easy to prepare. They provide a good addition to my homemade protein bars, and make great oatmeal cookies! The container secures so you never have to worry about your oats staying fresh. These oats provide a great base for your bowl of oatmeal and provide a nice, soft texture without being too mushy.

Love Quaker Oats

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

Quaker oats old fashion oats makes for a hearty, feeling breakfast. At least one day a week, I make quaker old fashion quaker oats for my morning meal. I like to add 1 tsp of brown sugar, sliced bananas and dried cranberries to my oatmeal.

Quaker old fashion quaker oats can be used for many things, I love to make homemade oatmeal chocolate chips cookies, homemade granola bars, which are easy to make, I use quaker old fashion oats in smoothies as well. I also use quaker old fashion quaker oats to make homemade apple crisp muffins.

Quaker old fashion oats is a heart healthy food and is full of fiber. One serving size of quaker old fashion oats is only 150 calories and have zero fat.

I have also found quaker old fashion oats very useful to add in my meat loaf. There has been times when I don't have bread crumbs on hand, I decided to try oatmeal in its place. Quaker old fashion oats works just as good and my meat loaf turned out fine.

Good old fasion taste

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

Old fashion quaker oats have been a staple in our house For as long as i can remember. WE use quaker old fashion oats to bake my all-time cookies, oatmeal cookies. WE Also eat oatmeal at least once a week For breakfast. My son is two years old and he eats quaker old fashion oatmeal as Well. I enjoy feeding him it because i know it is good For him. I appreciate the fact that quaker old fashion oats do not have a lot of sugar. They are healthy and good, and do not need to be covered in sugar. When i make oatmeal For myself using the quaker old fashion oats i usually eat it plain or with a little bit of Brown sugar and butter. When i cook them For my son, i usually add some fruit such as banana or yam. My mother loves Making Shakes using fresh fruit and quaker old fashion oats. I give these Shakes to my son as Well. They are full of nutrients and are a lot healthier than other Shakes out on the market.

Heart Healthy

from TN

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

You can't go wrong with a big heart, healthy bowl of Quaker oats oatmeal. Quaker oatmeal is full of fiber, magnesium and other heart healthy nutrients. I have been eating this brand of oatmeal for years, I have tried other brands before but none can compare to the fresh quality of Quakers.

Best for cookies!

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

I can't eat Quaker Oats for breakfast without getting a stomach ache but nothing beats them for making oatmeal cookies. The original old-fashioned, large oats make the best cookies, and the more the better! I keep a tin in my home for whenever that sweet cookie craving hits.

Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats is a greeeeat product.

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats is one of the best products of oat meal. If you are in to sports or are very active, this is a must have product because its one of the best carbohydrates you can eat. This product is made with 100% whole grain oats, can be used as a healthful and tasty ingredient in many recipes. I personally like to blend it with my protein shakes because I would get both carbs and protein all in one drink. There is nothing that warms up a cold morning like a hot bowl of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats. Another reason to use this product is because the soluble fiber in Quaker Oats can help reduce cholesterol as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Preparation is very easy, boil water and salt; stir in oats. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally and thats it. Everyone should have this product in there kitchen, so if you dont have it , go out and get it.

Quick, Easy and Healthy.

Comments about Quaker Old Fashioned Quaker Oats:

Quaker Oats is my most trusted brand from any other oatmeal brand. I believe its lives up to its name. Its healthy and very easy to make in the morning. If you're not too fond of the flavor, you can always add some strawberries or blueberries. Quaker Oats is very recommended!