4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

In this jar is hope. Use it and it will help restore your youth.

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

There is hope! **Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer All Skin Types g**ives everyone's skin hope that it will stay youthful. This is my moisturizer of choice along with the dry skin formula. I truly believe it is superior to many other facial creams on the market.

**Full View**

I use a full regiment of Philosophy skin care products every day and night. I never thought that I would end up such a Philosophy junkie but my skin has spoken and it has said to keep on doing what I'm doing because it likes it. The cornerstone of my regiment is **Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer All Skin Types.**

**The Product**

This product comes in a two ounce jar (They also sell much larger jars but I stick with the small one because I need so little daily) and is different from most creams. It has a somewhat weird scent. It is actually unscented but it has a scent nonetheless. It isn't dreadful but it takes a bit of getting used to. The cream is light and fluffy white. It smooths nicely onto the face and absorbs quickly.

**My Use**

I use **Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer All Skin Types **during the day and the dry skin formula most nights. This cream not only hydrates and moisturizes my face, it also helps cell turnover and gently exfoliates it for skin that is always new and looking it's best.

Since I started using this cream, I have had only a few breakouts which were hormonal and they were quick and painless. My face is no longer tight and my pores appear smaller. My skin feels soft and supple and I believe it looks younger than when I started using this cream about 15 months ago.

I only need a very small amount to cover my face and I always use eye cream with it. My makeup smooths on nicely with this cream underneath and my skin simply looks better. There really isn't much else I can say. Philosophy is expensive and sometimes makes useless cosmetics but, as far as their skin care line, I think it is magnificent.

I get a kit with all the essentials every 90 days which saves me a ton of money over buying the products individually. That is the way to go if you want to use Philosophy skin care. Go to *www.philosophygirl.com* and try the kit. You save at least half over buying it all separately.

**My Viewpoint**

**Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer All Skin Types** is a great moisturizing cream for all ages and all skin types. It isn't super heavy which is why I use the Hope in a Jar for dry, sensitive skin most nights. But this cream does things that most others don't. It hydrates and moisturizes but also helps with cell turnover and it makes skin appear more youthful. My fine lines are diminished since I started using this cream - although I also use several other Philosophy products with it so it could be the whole system helped.

I think everyone - man or women - should try this cream for 60 days. If they hate it, fine. But I am guessing one you get past the slightly odd scent and the light, different texture of the cream, you will not want to return to another cream.

My philosophy is to fight aging with a sword. **Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturizer All Skin Types **has a mighty sharp blade.

***5 stars*** for making me look presentable as I slide down the slippery slope of oldness.

No Hope Here, Just a light cream with good marketing

I'm unimmpresed - - as a "power" user/tester of the latest skin care creams/products, this one left me cold. The cream is not thick, felt watery and didn't seem to penetrate my skin. The marketing and packaging is wonderful, but I wouldn't pay the price, which is somewhat pricey for this cream, which is sub-par at best.

Not bad

from greenville, sc

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Not Long-Lasting

• After Shower/Bath

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I have been using this product off and on for about 2 years. It is light, and not heavily scented. I have very sensitive skin that can break out easily, but had no problems with this product. I usually put in on the morning after I wash my face, and it makes my makeup go on a little easier. It's not the best for winter, but in fall or summer it's just enough.

Nice cream

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

For me personally I think that most Philosophy products are the equivalent of the fountain of youth. They're just really well made products. This one, Philosophy's Hope in a Jar is no exception.
It feels great going on and definitely leaves your face feeling nice and soft.

Absorption
I feel like this cream absorbs really well. Some moisturizers are awful under makeup. They're just too oily. That is not the case with Philosophy's Hope in a Jar. It absorbs pretty quickly too so you don't have to wait a long time before makeup application.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This definitely does not clog pores. First of all, the people who make Philosophy products seem to only include ingredients that are good for your skin. Secondly, my skin is really prone to breakouts. If this cream doesn't cause me to breakout, it must be good.

I think this cream is highly effective. I would definitely feel comfortable recommending it to anyone.

Perfection in a jar

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types is a wonderful product and one I recommend to women of all ages and to women with all skin types. This product has a very unique texture. It is very whipped, light, and airy and is invigorating when it is applied to your skin. I only use this product at night and occasionally during the day. I find that it does an outstanding job on dry, chapped skin and really works for restore and lock moisture into the delicate skin on my face. I have very sensitive skin and have to be careful as to the products I apply to my skin. This product is wonderful. It does not cause my skin to break out and feels absolutely amazing when I apply it. Overall, I am very impressed with this product. It is a little on the expensive side but it is worth every single penny because of the quality of the results that you get with this product. "Hope in a Jar" is a very accurate product name.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

was Hoping it would work better

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I acquired a small container of hope in a jar from a package of samples that I received from the mall at a Mothers Night Out promotion. I have seen, read and heard a lot about Hope in a Jar moisturizer and was very happy to be able to try it as a sample since I know that it is quite expensive and I don't like to waste my money on full sized products that I have not yet tried first. I am currently using this product and I can't say that I am very impressed with it. It seems to be a very watery consistency and the scent does not seem too fresh. I do not see much result on my face other than my face is moisturized after cleansing. I will not buy a full sized container after I finish with this sample sized container but I am happy that I can check this product off of my list. I have tried other products in this line such as body wash, lotions and perfumes and have been pleased with the fresh scents.

Save your money

from reading pa

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I received this as a present from a family member who is a big believer in the Philosophy brand. I have dry skin and when I received this I was hoping it would help my dry skin out. I followed all the directions that I had read about using Hope in A Jar. I didn't find the hope because this product did not help the issues I had with my skin. I do not believe this is a product for all skin types.

Absorption
It was very thin and almost watery. I was very surprised because I have used other Philosophy products and they seemed to be much more thicker than this one. I had a time rubbing it into my skin because of how thin it was. There are better products on the market that cost much less.

Doesn't Clog Pores
It was so thin, I can see why it may not clog pores. I don't think it really got into my pores because of the difficulty it was to rub in.

Felt like this was a lot of money and I saw no results. I did not give up, I tried it for a good month hoping to see results at some point and time and did not.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

An ok cream if you like high end pricey creams.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I've used this Hope in a Jar before a couple times and overall I like the scent and the feeling. I don't think it's a great anti-aging product though, just a good lotion for your face. I believe that if you're going to spend 40 bucks on something it might as well work fantastic right?

Absorption
This absorbs ok on the skin. At first it feels like there's just a film over my skin, but if I wait a little bit it seems to absorb nicely and makes my skin feel very soft.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I haven't had any trouble with this clogging my pores at all. It doesn't have a strong scent and is sutable to use at night time before going to bed, or even under makeup.

I don't think this moisturizer is very effective in anti-aging. It wasn't presented to me as an anti-aging product, but I'm sure some of the ingredients in it qualify it as one. I love this as a moisturizer, but it's a bit on the pricey size for what you're getting in my opinion. It's filled with chemicals and I've found other products that work just as well or better on my skin with a cheaper price tag.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great product, but not for oily skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I love the way this moisturizer makes my face feel. It goes on so silky and smooth and feels very light weight. I have oily skin and after using this product for a few weeks, I could tell it was not helping at all with my oily skin. My face actually felt like it had more oil as the day went on. I was disappointed, because I really like the way this product made my face feel in the morning. My skin felt so soft and clean. I still used the rest of the product in the evening before bed.

Absorption
This product absorbed very well, and was not heavy at all. I love the texture of the cream, it is very light and smooth.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I felt like it may have clogged my pores as I was seeing an increase in oil throughout the day.

This product just didn't work well for my oily skin. I do not blame the product at all, I was really hoping it would have worked, I love everything about the product except the extra oil my skin had.

don't waste your money

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

After hearing great reviews about Philosophy Hope in A Jar i decided to purchase it for my dry flakey skin. I was looking for a lotion that would treat my dryness but not cause breakouts.

I was very disappointed in the Philosophy lotion. It did as much for my dry skin as cheaper drugstore products do.

The consistency of the lotion is nice. It's thick and feels smooth and creamy when you rub it into your skin, but after a couple uses i noticed that oil was started to build up in my jar and it was seperating the lotion into clumps and it looked like curdled milk. I tried to mix it back together in the jar but it would not mix and continued to form clumps of lotion and oil.

The lotion has a nice scent to it, very fresh. The packaging for the lotion was also nice, since the jar makes it easy to get out every last drop of lotion.

After a couple weeks of applying the oil/lotion to my face i started to notice tiny little breakouts around my nose and forhead so i stopped using it for a week and the breakout cleared up.

I would not reccommend this lotion for people with oily or sensitive skin since the oils lead to breakouts.

Reverse the clock!

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

I am totally addicted to all of the philosophy products. The Hope in a jar I have only been using for a few months and my skin is radiant already. My pores are smaller and my skin firmer. I am getting so many compliments on my skin. it's unreal! I'm more than impressed. This product is worth every penny I spent and then some. I love that you get free gifts with purchase too. Just a nice little bonus, plus you get to try other products. Or at least that's how they get you hooked on other products. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. This stuff last forever so even the freebies are wonderful.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Definably does not clog pores. My skin has been clear since I began using this product. My pores are smaller and black heads are now minimal. I have had issues with Cystic Acne and this cream has worked wonders for me. I am almost totally cured. I can hardly believe it myself. What a great product.

A General Moisturizer in Fancy Packaging

Comments about Philosophy Hope in a Jar for All Skin Types:

My boyfriend purchased this for me in a small trial-esque size, and while I would love to say that I'm really impressed, I'm actually quite far from it. I had spent most of my life with very clear skin, up until recently. I had suffered for a bit with sporadic break outs that would leave me with both pimples and dry skin, a combo that is insufferable in all ways imaginable. The break outs have stopped as of now, but I was left with dry skin and red marks. Hearing that it had exfoliating chemicals, I thought that maybe this cream would help to cut back on the redness and gradually return my skin to its pre-break out appearance and condition. I've used this for about a month now, and I've yet to see any huge improvements. While my skin isn't dry, it doesn't feel plush or soft after using this like everyone seems to say it will, nor have any of the red marks faded beyond what would've been expected of them just naturally fading. It isn't clear to me as to why there is a cult following behind this product beyond the Philosophy brand name.

Absorption
It absorbs just as a regular cream would.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I will admit, I haven't had this agitate my skin or cause my face to breakout, so that is a plus for this product.

It works, it just isn't revolutionary in terms of moisturizing.