Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

MUST HAVE Toothbrush!

This is the 3rd Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush I've owned. I bought the 1st on my sister's recommendation. She said, "It feels as if you JUST got your teeth cleaned at the Dentist! You really ought to one, especially with the way our family's teeth are SO bad. " I was able to get 1 through an online rewards program. Living with my Dad at the time-he used it as well. When I did move out-that was the very 1st gift he asked for! The 2minute timer is QUITE a plus- making certain you brush the Dentist recommended amount of time. And, she was right-my teeth DID feel like I'd JUST had them cleaned! I'm on #3, because the rechargeable batteries DO eventually stop holding a charge. My Dentist was thrilled I'd started using it before he had the chance to recommend it. It has REALLY helped improve my dental health! Though the replacement heads are a bit pricey-the money I save in dental work is WELL worth the price! Tried an Oral-B once, but didn't feel like it was doing as fine a job as the Sonicare. And, since there are many types to choose from-The Sonicare truly IS affordable for nearly ALL budgets. Especially once the money saved in dental work is factored in!

Performance/Cleaning
Leaves the "Just cleaned at the Dentist" feeling in your mouth. It certainly delivers a cleaner looking mouth, as well. Makes certain, with it's self-timer, that you've brushed the recommended TWO MINUTES Dentists & Hygienists recommend.

Even after a drop in a sink full of water-quickly & thoroughly drying it-kept it up & running! Requires, at least, a weekly thorough cleaning of all the removable portions. Taking the brush portion out of the screw cap, using a damp paper towel & cleaning the well the head sits in, washing off the screw on cap and the threads after each brushing; has kept mine clean & running well for several years. ALWAYS rinse the brush in HOT water after each use. I also pour some peroxide over the rinsed brush every few days-for a more thorough disinfection.

Philips Sonicare Essence Toothbrush makes my mouth feel clean

I got my husband a Philips Sonicare Essence Toothbrush for Christmas. He is the worlds most difficult person to buy anything for so I was not sure if he'd like it....and he loves it (well he loved it the first week)!!! He said he can feel the difference in the cleanliness of his mouth after using Philips Sonicare Essence Toothbrush. Within a week though, he was complaining that the head/bristles degrade quickly. The first week he said using it made him feel like he just got out of the dentist office, but after the first week he could feel the quality of the clean going down. The heads are suppose to last three months but he was asking for a replacement head after a week...and those babies are expensive so I was not happy. So, it works great when the heads are new, but you'll need to replace the heads often if you want to keep that great feeling...and that means you'll be spending a lot on buying the replacement heads every couple weeks. For some (I.e. my less money conscious husband), the way clean feeling is worth the money for frequent head replacements... For me (way more money conscious), I'll stick to my less expensive manual brush!! ;-)

Great toothbrush, leaves my teeth feeling really clean

from Salina, KS

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

Best toothbrush out there.

Performance/Cleaning
I have tried a few electric toothbrushes, but this is by far my first choice. It leaves my teeth feeling cleaner than any I have tried. I recently married and my husband had one. I thought all of them were about the same. No so. I will never go back to the old type I was using. This little gem has an auto shut off so you get a full two minutes of bushing without having to time yourself. At first I thought two minutes with this thing going at such a high speed will be hard to tolerate, but the time passes by quickly after a few uses. I can't say enough about this toothbrush. Love it.

As I said earlier, my husband had one. I read on the internet that the average life of the rechargeable battery is 2 years, my husband had his for almost 7 years before it finally went kaput. He swears by it. Nothing else in our home. I hope I can get 7 years out of mine. I recommend this toothbrush to anyone who will listen to me.

Good toothbrush

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

This is the first electric toothbrush I bought. I refused to for the longest time just because I thought it was going to be strange to not have to brush really. This toothbrush proved me wrong in that it works great on cleaning teeth. I don't have to work as hard to clean and its a great price!

Performance/Cleaning
Works good to me. I feel like my teeth are cleaner when I use an electric toothbrush. This is a good place to start comparing the high prices of some others.

I have had no problems with this. I barely even need to charge the battery. It will last for weeks on one charge (of course I brush everyday).

• Performance/Cleaning:

Nice dual tooth brush from Sonicare

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

When shopping for electric tooth brushes, we always look for dual brush sets. This sonicare combination set offers everything two users need - two brushes, two chargers, and two carrying cases for travel.

Our dentist recommended this electric tooth brush, so when we found it on sale we were happy to make the investment. Over the years we have had two sets of sonicare tooth brushes and they have held up for 6-8 years before having to replace them.

Replacement tooth brush heads are a bit expensive, but the concept of electronic tooth brushes carries a known price tag, so you know what you're signing up for in the beginning. Brush heads hold up well, and are readily available at a variety of retailers when you need to purchase them.

The brush head cleaning feature is one we have yet to make good use of. It seems like an excellent option, but one we are not in the habit of using on a regular basis. I cannot confirm if use of the cleaning function would extend the useful life of the brush heads or not, but the disinfecting aspect does have some appeal.

OK toothbrush

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

I purchased a Philips Sonicare Essence Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush about a year ago. I think I would have like the Essence more if I hadn't previously owned a Phillips Sonicare Flex Care. The reason I did not repurchase a Sonicare after owning it for almost three years was strictly due to the price. I figured it was worth trying the Essence since it is quite a bit cheaper than the Flex Care. While the Essence is a good toothbrush, it cleans very well, it has enough power and vibration to make your teeth feel really really clean, it is just lacking compared it to the Flex Care. For starters the Essence has a very bulky head that needs to be replaced as compared to the Flex Care which has a very small head. The Essence just feels cheaper and rightly so. I was so unenthusiastic about the Essence that after using it for a few months I went back to a regular toothbrush. If I were to purchase another sonic type toothbrush I would spend the extra and go with the Flex Care style of brush.

Great electric toothbrush

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

My dentist recommended this toothbrush back when it was a brand new model and more than twice the price! I was a bit hesitant about getting it, but ended up getting it for my personal christmas present that year. Its been one of the best presents I've ever gotten!

At first I was a hesitant to keep using it as it made my head feel really strange and in the end it took about two weeks to get used to the vibration (my dentist did warn me this can be an issue when you switch from manual to sonic). As a word of warning be careful switching if you suffer from Vertigo - my mom had problems!

Anyways, this is a great toothbrush. It cleans amazingly and lets you know when you've brushed for your full two minutes by shutting off. The charge on mine has even lasted for 10 days on vacation without running out.

The worst part seemed to be the replacement heads. If you watch for coupons and sales, they aren't too bad. I usually stretch their use out to six months so I only switch twice a year at most to save money. The dentist hasn't told me that my brushing has been bad so this must be ok. Overall, I'm glad I got one almost eight years ago - its still running strong.

Philips Sonicare

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

I have been using this item for about 3 months now, I was able to get it on a good sale before the holidays. The Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 toothbrush is the best toothbrush I have used in years. I have been looking for one of these electric toothbrushes for awhile. I use to have one years ago and I knew I liked it then. First I will say it does take up a little space so if your tight on counter space you might want to find somewhere you can keep the toothbrush. I will say it does keep a charge for a good while, what I do is keep the charger in my bathroom storage closet and only bring it out once in awhile to charge it overnight. This way I'm saving my counter space and I don't have this extra power cord out around my sinks. It does take some getting use to, it seems a little harsh at first but after a few times you will love how well it cleans. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an electric toothbrush.

This toothbrush is outstanding

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

This toothbrush will cost you quite a bit if you don't get it while it's on a good sale but I really think it's worth it. Rechargeable is definitely the way to go if you're going to get an electric toothbrush and this one is cool because it just sits in it's little stand and you don't have to plug anything in. The timer is nice. Two minutes always seemed much shorter before I was actually being timed and now I feel like I'm definitely putting in more effort while brushing my teeth.

Performance/Cleaning
My teeth feel awesome after I use this brush. It's the first electric toothbrush I've used that I really think has some power cleaning with the electricity.

The Sonicare Essence is really great. I've been using it for months now and so far nothing has gone wrong. I'm a little nervous about when I'll have to replace the heads but so far they seem to be holding up really well. I have no complaints about durability, I even dropped it a few times and it still survived.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Love the sonicare toothbrush!

from Hudsonville, MI

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

The Philips Sonicare Essence rechargeable sonic toothbrush is great! I really appreciated how it started out at a slower speed for the first several uses, this allowed my gums and teeth to get used to the new brush. It automatically starts at this lower speed, and increases to normal speed after several (I think 12) uses. I immediately noticed a difference in how clean my teeth felt, after the first use! It feels like they were just cleaned at the dentist! I find it much easier to get the spots the hygienist has to spend more time scraping plaque. I am sure that my next dental visit will require less scraping!
I also want to mention that I noticed no tenderness or bleeding of my gums.
The only thing that takes getting used to is remembering to press the off button before removing the brush from your mouth. :-D it is important to do this... Unless you like cleaning your mirror. I turn it off in my mouth, take it out and rinse it well, then with the bristles pointing down into the sink I briefly turn it back on to get rid of excess water. Also worth mentioning is the fact that the quick on/off switching does not count towards the initial lower settings, so you won't jump to high speed just from quick on/off actions.
I look forward to purchasing these for the rest of the family.

No more stains!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

I was having so much trouble with stains on my teeth several years ago and my dentist recommended that I get a Sonicare toothbrush. I was amazed at how well it worked, and I no longer had a problem with stains on my teeth. That brush eventually wore out, and I purchased the Essence e5350. I am happy with how well it prevents staining, and I like how my teeth feel. I do have some trouble with keeping the battery charged. I just leave it on the charger permanently. I've also had trouble with the top button on the toothbrush. It is stuck halfway in, but it still turns on and off properly.

Performance/Cleaning
My teeth do not get stained like they did before I started using Sonicare. I would never go back to using a manual toothbrush. Before I started using Sonicare, my teeth were stained as if I was a smoker. Not anymore!

After about a year, my Sonicare stopped holding a charge, and I have to keep it plugged in permanently. Also, the top button stays partially pushed in.

Philips Sonicare Essence 35350 Toothbrush

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence e5350 Toothbrush:

This is my second Sonicare toothbrush. My dentist recommended it. It has some great features and does the job it is designed to do!

Performance/Cleaning
The tooth brush has a feature that tells you how long to brush in each area of your mouth. Split your mouth into 4 sections (upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right). Start in one section. The brush will "beep" to tell you that you have spent enough time in that section and you move to the next section.

The brush also has a feature to get used to how vigorously it brushes. When you first get it, it might be too "harsh". So there is a setting to brush more softly for the first week or two. Since I had been using another Sonicare brush, I did not need to use this feature.

The brushes are replaceable. There is a set of blue bristles in the brush. When they turn white, it is time to replace the head.

But the limiting factor of this brush is the battery. It is rechargeable (you leave it standing in the charger when not in use). But eventually the battery will not hold a charge anymore.