4.8
Philips Sonicare
Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush

4.8

Pros

• Clean teeth (3)
  • Durable (3)

Worth it in most cases.

I bought this toothbrush on the recommendation of my dentist's office. I am not the best at really keeping up with good, thorough brushing, partly because my technique is not great and I get bored. This toothbrush is a solution to these very basic problems. You simply turn it on and hold it against your teeth and it cleans them effectively. It also vibrates noticeably at 30 second intervals for two minutes, helping to make sure you don't neglect a certain area (the four are: front of top teeth, front of bottom teeth, back of top teeth, back of bottom teeth...basic, yes, but some of us have trouble getting the basics right when it comes to dentistry. It never occurred to me I was forgetting to spend enough time on the back of my bottom teeth half the time until I got into the sonicare routine!)

I think this toothbrush is worth the price probably for durability alone. I've had it over a year and and had no performance problems at all, although it does hold a charge for slightly less time than it did before, sometimes needing to be recharged in as few as 4 days. The one thing I wish I'd researched more is whether this premium model was necessary. The price seems to reflect the availability of a UV sanitizer for brush heads. I find that I rarely use mine, and some online research suggests that these sanitizers are not very effective at all. Still, I think this is worth the price if you have any doubt at all that you're burshing your teeth effectively at least twice per day. The cost pales in comparison to dental work/insurance. And the psychological benefit of having the brush confirm you've spent enough time caring for your teeth is pretty much immeasurable.

I don't use it anymore...

I originally purchased this because I thought it would be a great way to improve my dental health. The system seemed effective but I would regularly bump the hard plastic against my teeth which is a rather uncomfortable feeling that I cannot adjust. Because of this, I have stopped using the system, so I have to give it a lower rating.

Performance/Cleaning
You definitely feel that your teeth are thoroughly clean. The system is great for the areas that are more difficult to maneuver as you can place the brush there and let it work.

However, when the non-bristled areas come in contact with your teeth, it rattles them and is very uncomfortable. This is something that the operator will either have to adjust or they will stop using the product. I couldn't adjust. The heads on the brushes seem rather small, which is what I attribute to the ease of this occurring. A larger, more traditionally sized head would limit the occurrence, in my opinion.

No issues here. My kids use the system and it has lasted over two years.

Just a fabulous design...

from Salt Lake City,UT

Pros

• Clean Teeth
  • Durable

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

This may be the most beautiful machine I've ever seen. The handle is permanently, hermetically sealed. The head has what appear to be magnets at the end of some good-sized struts, and apparently the electronics generate an oscillating magnetic field right through the plastic to shake them. But we're not talking wimpy here. I disabled the gradual start feature (they tell you how!) to see what I was getting into, and you've got to do this just right or the tickling of your lips will be unbearable. I think I'm getting the hang of it, and I rather like the brushing action. Anyway, charging is apparently also by transformer action right through the plastic. Just a fabulous design. And the timer function sounds as though it would be infuriating, but it turns out to be useful; just don't take it so seriously. One caution, though: As I recall, when I stopped brushing long ago and got 9 cavities, several were on the chewing surfaces, so best to hit those too.

The best

from caracas

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
      • Clean Teeth
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Gentle On Gums

• Bad Breath
        • Daily Use
        • Prevent Cavities
        • Travel
        • Whitening

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

I LOOOOOOVE THIS, I am 17 years old, and i got some troubles with my dentist cause i did not brush my teeths as i should, and it it because i think it is boring, that is what i thought until i buyed this, I think it is pretty awesome, it one of a milliom. This is a toothbrusher that i will recomended to my friends and family, cause it totally change my smile, if you wanna hace a perfect, model smile, this is it, you do not have to wait anymore, and waste your time researching. Buy it, yo won't regreat it, i promise it. I remember a teethbrusher that my mom buyed last year, she was not happy with it, i personally did not knew why, but she was not; i told her, buy this one, she did not believe me,and she bought it, and she it's totally happy, she just keeps it buying it, over and over again, until today

Love this: Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush

from Rosamond,CA

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
        • Clean Teeth
        • Durable
        • Easy To Use

Cons

• Pricey

• Bad Breath
        • Prevent Cavities
        • Whitening

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

I really like this rechargeable electric toothbrush it really makes your teeth and whole mouth feel dentist clean, white and polished looking, I like some reviewers have complained about the plastic back part of the brush hitting the teeth due to size which causes a unpleasant feeling in my opinion this problem could be solved by a bigger brush head, but still this brand of toothbrush is well worth it cost, the rechargeable battery is long lasting as well, I charge it once and it lasts for about three months with about two or three uses a week. I love the fact that it has a hygenic cover while not in use or while traveling included.

Awesome Toothbrush!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

I bought this tooth brush for my son who has to have some major teeth realignment and he is using it now like a pro. Its perfect! The tooth brush has so many different settings, and it is easy to use and clean! Very good product!

Performance/Cleaning
        This tooth brush gets the job done. You can set it on just the right setting that still gives you that fresh clean effect but still a gentle setting. My son has braces and had jaw surgery. He is now at home and it is just right for him. He can choose the setting he wants and its perfect. His teeth are even getting noticeably whiter too!

My toothbrush has went through a lot. When we first bought this brush when we accidently dropped it all the way down the stairs. It was fine! Now that was the main toothbrush head though...if it was the entire set with the charging station then there could be severe damage. We have had this product for quite some time now and it still keeps up with our hectic lives and cleans.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Does a great job of cleaning the teeth

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

I am now on my second Sonicare flex toothbrush. The first one lasted about 15 years. I love it. The Sonicare toothbrush not only gets the teeth extremely clean it also massages the gums. This is an extremely important feature for someone with gum disease.

Healthy Gums = Health Body

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

When my dental hygenist recommended the Sonicare Toothbrush to me, I was skeptical. Can't I even brush my own teeth?
        It turns out I can't! Not like the Sonicare! I had noticed that I was getting a bit "long in the tooth", but after I used the Sonicare for a month I noticed a shadow at the top of my front teeth. It was actually my gums coming back over my teeth. That is amazing!

• Performance/Cleaning:

Great product my teeth don't feel clean without it.

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

The Sonicare Flex is a great product. The sanitizing compartment holds two heads which makes it perfect for me hand my husband to share one handle. There are different settings. I usually set mine to gum care which gives me a full 2 minute brushing then extra time for a gentle message for my gums. My teeth and gums have never been healthier.

Performance/Cleaning
        I have great check ups with very little plaque.

I have had to send my Sonicare in for warranty replacement.

Review of toothbrush

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

Overall I give this product well above average. I am very pleased with its performance and it has greatly reduced the amount of plaque build up on my teeth. Overall this product is well worth the money.

Performance/Cleaning
        The performance and quality of this product is superior. I was very pleased with its ability to remove the plaque from the back side of my teeth and the timer forces me to brush the proper amount of time. The only warning is that I suggest you but the ultra soft brushes which are not in the original package to reduce the wear and tear on your teeth.

This product is very durable but the battery is a weakness. It is rechargeable and can just go dead on you after a while and it is not easily replaceable.

• Performance/Cleaning:

The only Toothbrush I will ever use!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

My Granddaughter is a Dental Hygienist. She has been cleaning my teeth since she got out of school two years ago. She told me my enamel was very thin and was probably due to the kind of toothbrushes I had used over the years. I am a Tea and Coffee drinkers and it dose not take long for my teeth to stain again after cleanings. She suggested that I try the Philips Sonicare Toothbrush to help with stains in between cleanings.

I could not believe the difference that it made in keeping the stains off. My teeth are also sensitive and love that there are settings on this Toothbrush for different types of cleaning. The timer also lets you know that you are brushing long enough. It stays charged for two weeks so when I go anywhere on vacation, I do not have to take a charger with me.
        I highly recommend this product to anyone. Especially us older folks who love our coffee and tea!

Performance/Cleaning
        It will keep most of the stains off in between cleaning.

I have had for two years and still going strong.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Taking the leap for this toothbrush was a great decision.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Philips Sonicare Flex Care Toothbrush:

I wish I could give this toothbrush an eleven! I actually used the reviews posted on Viewpoints to make the decision to purchase this toothbrush. I had a bad experience with a motorized toothbrush before, so I had refrained from purchasing another one for awhile. This one was well worth the amount of money I paid for it. It was a little expensive, but it came with replacements. The first time I used it, it felt like I had just left the dentist. It was absolutely amazing. My breath was so fresh and my teeth felt so clean. This little product seriously got every nook and cranny of my teeth. I had thought my regular toothbrush did a good job, but I was very wrong. I could not believe how incredibly wrong I was. This was the best purchase I have ever made in my life for dental care. I was a little scared of the cost, but I am here to say that saving your money for this motorized toothbrush is worth it. I definitely have told my friends and family about it. I saw my dentist last week and he is so happy I bought. It is the one he recommends too!