Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

Great...when it works

I bought this toothbrush about 8 months ago. For the first three months, it worked very well, and definitely gave me a feeling of having healthier and cleaner teeth every time I used it. I like the timer feature which encourages you to brush your teeth longer than might normally brush your teeth. I like the intensity of the vibrations, it feels just right and not too powerful or abrasive. After charging it, it says you can use the toothbrush for up to 2 weeks, but I have found that it does not hold the charge that long if you brush your teeth like me twice a day for at least 2 minutes at a time. The longest it has lasted for me has been 10 days, which is still pretty good. The bad news is that I have had to send the toothbrush back not just once, but twice, to have fixed or replaced. After three months of use, the toothbrush simply stopped working. Fortunately, it was still under warranty so I sent it back and they gave me a new one, which did take 2 weeks, so not ideal. The second time around, the toothbrush would only hold the charge for a day or two, so I sent it back again, and they sent it back saying it had been fixed. It has been doing okay so far but I have not been impressed with the durability overall. Now that the warranty is over, I am waiting for it to fail again and in that case, I will have to replace it out of pocket.

Performance/Cleaning
This Oral-B toothbrush does make your teeth feel cleaner and healthier from the very first use. I can no longer brush my teeth with a manual toothbrush, it simply does not seem to get the job done after being used to an electric toothbrush.

I have had to send the product back twice in 6 months, which has been quite a hassle.

Not for me.

I used it out of curiosity and was really unimpressed because it failed to gratify me. It does work alright. Removes plaque quite efficiently and does so without traumatizing your gums as can happen with rigorous manual brushing. But, the result was comparable to a much cheaper manual regular tooth brush. So I am basically throwing so much extra bucks because I am lazy to make certain wrist movements needed to clean my teeth properly. For me manual brushing feels more rewarding as I feel I can control how I clean but one thing where this Oral-B professional care toothbrush performs better is the small head which easily reaches areas specially molars lingual surfaces where regular brushes fail to reach.

Great brush for very clean teeth

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I recently brought the Oral B professional care toothbrush since my dentist raving about this product and how well it cleans the teeth for heathy clean white teeth. I had been procrastinating buying this as I felt that it was way too much expensive but I am glad that I have spent money in a good purchase. I have very bad teeth and have many root canals and filling. I want to protect the rest of my teeth. The brush is so amazing. The first time I cleaned my teeth it felt as if I had got the teeth cleaned at the dentist office. The were looking more whiter than they normally do. I did get some blood for initial 1-2 times but the manual says that it is normal to get some blood. But now it is ok. It has three setting- normal, sensitive and teeth whiting. But I prefer the normal one and feel like it does the job of whiting pretty well. I brush my teeth for around 2 mins and after every 30 seconds the machine kind of beeps indicating to change the angle. I think this feature is pretty cool. Since it's a small circular brush, it is so easy to get it in the nooks and corner of my teeth. Expensive but great product.

Mouth feels so clean!

from Chesterfield, MO

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I finally broke down and purchased an electric toothbrush after my dentist recommended it. I chose this oral b professional model because it was reasonably affordable (compared to some of the other brands and models available). Obviously, you can buy a manual toothbrush for a fraction of the price, but in this case, I think spending the extra money and springing for an electric toothbrush is totally worth it. When I floss and then use this toothbrush, my mouth literally feels as clean as it does after I go get my teeth polished at the dentist. I love that feeling! The only thing that I don't love about this product is that the toothbrush doesn't hold the charge for as long as I would like. I can live with that, but it's a little annoying when you go to brush your teeth and there is no power. I've had mine for a few years and it has stood the test of time so far. I don't use it every time I brush, but I would estimate that I use it at least once most days. Try it, and you'll be hooked!

Quality toothbrush

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

This is a really nice electric toothbrush, probably the best one I have had. I believe I've had it for about four years +/-. The toothbrush-head itself is nice and small, so it is easy to get around every corner of every tooth. I also really like how the toothbrush gently massages the gums with its vibrations. It is fast and easy to re-charge, and there is a low battery indicator, which lights up when it is time to do so. Another nice feature is that the toothbrush has a "two-minute warning", so to speak - letting you know when you have brushed for two minutes. An even nicer feature is that it also lets you know when you are pressing too hard. The only thing I do not like is that lately (=after having owned the toothbrush for a number of years), the toothbrush has been running out of power and needs to be re-charged a lot more frequently. But I guess that is normal with electrical toothbrushes/re-chargeable batteries - it was the reason why I substituted my last electric toothbrush for this one.

Performance/Cleaning
My teeth feel a lot cleaner when using this toothbrush compared to a manual toothbrush.

• Performance/Cleaning:

awesome does what it says

from San Diego ca

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I have been using the Oral-B series for years I am definitely a fan of the 1000 series. I find that this toothbrush is very comparable to overpriced sonic toothbrush versions. I like that this brush head oscillates, and pulses rapidly not like your typical up and down movement other electric toothbrushes provide. Its really gentle on my gum lines yet it gives me a thorough clean without the aggressiveness. This is a very simple toothbrush its set on a timer using the idea that you should brush for two minutes which equals 30 seconds for a quadrant of your mouth. Sometimes I find it annoying, because I might not need to brush an area for a full 30 seconds I would rather just have a timer for 2 minutes straight. The speed on the toothbrush is very fast be aware when you take the toothbrush out of your mouth while its still on you'll fling toothpaste and saliva everywhere. I found it easy to handle and maneuver around my mouth I was able to reach all crevasses of my teeth that I was not able to with a manual toothbrush. Oral-B caters to every mouth with the eight different brush heads they provide. When I need to replace my brush head every three months I always get the ones with soft bristles. This toothbrush gives me a good clean feeling just like you went to the dentist. Also a warning light lets you know when your battery is starting to die, and I can put it on the charger base its small so its sits nicely on my bathroom counter.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Leaves me feeling like I just left the dentist!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I never thought a toothbrush could leave my mouth feeling just like it does when I have my teeth professionally cleaned! This brush is thorough and cleans every bit of my mouth! You DO have to remember to clean/rinse it thoroughly after every use, as mold can build up inside the brush.

Love it

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I really love this little tooth brush. I've had power tooth brushes before and I would eventually just throw them out. This one I really love. It's small like the ones the dentist uses and it's pretty powerful for it's size. The battery seems to last awhile to. I usually have to charge mine once a week, if that. So not having to charge it constantly is a plus in my book. It's also really good at getting my teeth clean. I really do prefer this over a manual tooth brush. It definitely cleans your teeth better than that of a manual. Due to it's size it's really easy to get behind the teeth in the back of your mouth. I never have a problem reaching every tooth in my mouth and cleaning it properly. I also like the fact that the replacement tooth brush heads are not that expensive. It's also very durable! I've knocked mine over several times and it's still working as if it were brand new. I'm really looking into purchasing one for everyone in my house hold. I would definitely recommend this to others.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Oral b 1000 electric toothbrush - clean feeling!

from Reston, VA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I received this toothbrush as a Christmas present and so far I really like it! I can definitely tell that my teeth are cleaner than when I use a manual toothbrush. As I brush, I can feel the bristles cleaning between my teeth, not just the surface. If I have used the toothbrush at night before bed, I definitely notice in the morning that my breath doesn't seem so morning-breathy as well. Seems like a pretty good indication that the toothbrush is doing a good job of cleaning away the bacteria. A nice feature that I haven't had on any other electric toothbrushes before is that every 30 seconds there is a pause/vibration so you can keep track of how long you have been brushing. The instructions tell you to divide your mouth up into four quadrants and spending 30 sec on each to get to your recommended two min of brushing. I can't speak to durability yet since I've only had this for a few weeks now, but I have high hopes. Hoping the replace,net heads are not too expensive but I am liking my oral b 1000.

Only reason for a 7 is I've only had it for three weeks so far. But it seems like a solid product.

Brushing for the Lazy

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

I've been reluctant to use an electrical toothbrush but when I got one for Christmas, I decided to give it a try. Pros - it times your brushing so you brush "long enough" (two minutes, as dentists recommends). Cons - expensive and you have to replace your brush head every three months. This reminds me of printers, diaper pails, razors and other "luxury" items, where the mandatory replacement parts are expensive and that's where the manufacturer makes its money. Another con is that the stand gets dirty so fast! There always toothpaste residue on mine, even though I thoroughly rinse and clean out my brush after every use.

Performance/Cleaning
I do have to admit that it does a thorough job of cleaning. There are no complaints with the toothbrush itself. It's just if you are a good brusher using a manual toothbrush, you probably can do just as good of a job.

I've used my Oral-B electrical toothbrush for just over a month now and the bristles already looks like it's wearing out. I'm not a hard brusher - I know this because my manual toothbrush does not wear out this fast. As far as the unit itself, it's pretty durable.

Great...when it works

Best toothbrush I've ever used

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare Toothbrush:

No other toothbrush has ever cleaned my teeth so well. Have owned several less expensive (battery operated) electric models, and there's no comparison in terms of product performance.

I really like that this toothbrush is electric and rechargeable, saving on the cost of batteries. Also that there are different heads, and specifically one for cleaning around and under bridges and crowns.

Bought this based on the excellent online reviews and it's more than exceeded my expectations.

Performance/Cleaning
Makes my teeth feel as smooth as a professional cleaning. Plaque at the gum line has virtually disappeared since I've been using it for the past month.

It does an exceptional job of cleaning around bridges and crowns. My teeth appear to be whiter and stains are disappearing.

I haven't owned it for long but it seems fine. Dropped it once and the unit remained intact, unlike cheap battery powered models which would fly apart if you did the same.