Other Electric Toothbrushes:
Philips
Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush

the best toothbrush!

I love sonicare, and I know a lot when it comes to dental hygiene, as I am a dental hygienist.  I use this myself, my husband and my family use it, we even give this out free to periodontal patients in the office I work in.  It is a great toothbrush.  It has a timer so you brush the correct amount time and the 'quad pacer' reminds you to switch areas so you brush everywhere the same amount of time.  It does not allow you to brush too hard, if you push too hard it noticably slows down.  The charge lasts for up to 2 weeks so you can take it on vacation with you.

The only downside is the brush heads, as water seeps down into the handle and can mold if you arent careful about cleaning regularly.  Although they have come out with the Flexcare which fixes this problem with a new style brushhead.  But the Flexcare is even more expensive, which is a deal breaker for some and the new brushheads must be replaced more often then the Elite heads.  I recommend replacing more often then the 6 months they say, maybe 4-5 months.  I believe the Flexcare recommends replacement monthly.

i love this toothbrush so much that I actually BUY it myself, Sonicare offers dental professionals discounts but I have never received one for free! I dont buy many dental items because I get so many for free, but I believe in this product so much I dont mind forking over some money for it!

Oftentimes Phillips offers rebates on the Sonicare, or you can use the coupons from Linens and Thing or Bed, Bath and Beyond to get 20% off if bought there.  Remember to register your purchase with Phillips and they will send you coupons also.

As the commercials say dont brush, SONICARE!

The Sonicare Elite is a hazard to gums everywhere!

The Sonicare Elite Electric toothbrush was the worst tooth-brushing experience I ever had! It caused my gums to bleed and chipped a filling on my tooth. Do not use tis product if you like your teeth - they will hate you for it!

Best of the Best

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is just about as good as it gets when it comes to oral care. You will be paying a little more than other toothbrushes, but you will be glad that you paid it. This is especially great for folks who are afraid of those visits to the dentist.

Performance/Cleaning
This toothbrush really does give you that fresh from the dentist feeling, as cliche as it sounds. The price can be a little more than people want to pay for a toothbrush, but this is a toothbrush that will last you for a long time and keep those pesky dentist bills down, so it could actually save you money in the long run, so that definitely makes this toothbrush worth every penny that you'll end up paying.

This is a very durable toothbrush. It has a strong brushing head that will get every nook and cranny in your mouth. It also does a great job of getting in between your teeth and giving you that much needed fresh feeling.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Great Product, Space Saver

from Hendersonville, TN

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I received my Sonicare toothbrush as a Christmas gift last year, and it still looks and works like it did the day I first used it. I have sensitive teeth filled many filling and crowns. My Sonicare does a fabulous job keeping them clean and white painlessly! Replacement heads are fairly inexpensive and last a good long time. Toothbrush is easy to keep clean and has a nice little cap to cover the bristles when not in use. (This is good if you have nosey cats that like to check out your things - like I do!) The unit is very compact and takes up very little counter space. Has a nice little light to let you know you have placed the toothbrush back on its charging base correctly. But, it does seem to keep its charge very well. Comes with a sleek travel pouch so you can take it with you on your travels. Would very much recommend this product for a personal purchase or a gift for someone you love.

• Performance/Cleaning:

strong brushing power

from Plano, TX

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I have been a user of electric toohbrushes for a number of years-including different models of different brands. Of all of those I have used, this is of the highest quality-strong powerful brushing action and longevity. The product is widely available and at a reasonable price.

make sure you get one that isn't out of date.

from Center, MO

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I received the sonicare 6200 from my dentist seven months ago.  It came with the toothpaste caps that clip on to the inside of the brush.  I used it six months.  When I tried to buy the paste refills and the toothbrush head, I couldn't find replacement heads anywhere. So I called up my dentist to find out why I couldn't find them. He said it was an outdated model. So I went and purchased another sonicare model 5500. I also found that the E series standard would fit the brush. The toothbrush works great though and I dont have to mess with the little paste packets either.

makes brushing more fun and standardizes the time you will spend

from Flemington, NJ

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

THis is an easy to use effective toothbrush originally recommended by my hygienist to help me improve my brushing.  I really enjoy brushing with this and actually dislike brushing my teeth when I go on vacation and having the letdown of using a regular brush.  The sonicare shuts off automatically when I finsih my 2 minutes so I can't cheat or overdo it either.  I actually look forward to the shutoff and feel a great sense of satisfaction at completing the project of brushing.  The new elite (which I don't have) beeps to tell you when to move on to the next quadrant of your teeth which is a nice feature that this one doesn't have.

If you want to invest in your teeth, this is the product!

from Ranson, WV

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I absolutely love my toothbrush!!! I will say that at first after using it for the first time I thought I would never get over the first two minutes after feeling the vibrations and tingling...and two minutes can seem forever before it will shut itself off.Now, I feel better about the health of my teeth and gums. I have had better check ups with my dentist. I have owned the soniccare toothbrush elite e9500 for over a year and two visits later to my dentist and my mouth is tanking me!! That brush can reach in places and clean your teach and fast!! 30 seconds for each quarter of your mouth and you are good to go.You have to try this one out. It is worth the investment and you might find yourself playing in the bathroom brushing your teeth three times instead of twice...GOOD FOR YOU!

sonycare Elite is the best brand of toothbrush

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I have been using the sonicare brand of electric toothbrushes for some years and its on the my best purchases. I know they now have some newer models and I would like to buy one of those as they seem slimmer than teh older models.

The one improvement I would like to see (and this may have changed since I last investigated but I dont believe it has changed) is a dual charger as I travel alot internationally and its inconvenient needing two chargers and toothbrushes because one cannot buy the charger seperately.

Aside from that small issue, I love the toothbrush and replacement heads are very easy to find in most drugstores. The heads last about three months.

They charge very quickly and the power lasts about two weeks which is excellent if you often forget to replace it in the charger. it looks sytlish and is easy to use.

Writing this review has made me want to go and look at the newer models and hope they will have a smaller charger that is more 'suitacse friendly'.

Definitely recommend this product.

I'd give Philips Sonicare Elite E9500 Electric Toothbrush an A

from Dover, FL

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

My husband and I bought a Philips Sonicare Elite E9500 and found it to be the best investment that we had made in a long time. I love the smooth way it operates and enjoy the soft-bristled gentle brush that comes with it. The timer gives you a good indication of how long to brush which has been a problem when you are in a hurry. This helps keep our dental hygeine on track for success. I like the fact that the head is interchangeable so it allows us to share which is a plus because it does take up more space which is at a premium in our small bathroom. I don't like the fact that the replacements are expensive and you need to change the battery occasionally but the great way my mouth feels after a good brush sort of makes up for that.

Cleans excellently!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

The toothbrush works wonders on my teeth; it is able to get between my teeth and harder to reach places. Now that I am using this electronic toothbrush, I won't be going back! I also like that it came with a device to clean it and travel accessories.

Love my Sonicare

from Corona, CA

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite e Toothbrush:

I had used the battery powered toothbrushes for a while, but never got a deep clean at home until I switched to sonicare. I love that this modle has the battery indicator and the first few times you use it, it eases you into using a high powered tooth brush. The full setting is 2 minutes, 30 second per quarter of the mouth, and it lets you know when you need to swtich to the next quarter. It's a perfect amount of time. The brush heads aren't too big, so if you have a smaller mouth, you're still able to get far back in those hard to reach spaces. In our set we also got a mini tooth brush, which is great for the kids. There was a travel case too. The biggest downside is that the battery doesn't last as long as we would have hoped. After about a year of use, the battery starts to loose it's charge and after about 2 years you need a new battery. Overall we love it and would never go back to our old toothbrushes!