Other Hair Shine Products:
Shine Serum
Paul Mitchell
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Pros

• Adds shine (3)
  • Smooths & softens (3)

Cons

There is nothing else like it on earth

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum...Oh where do I start!!  My 13 year old daughter has very beautiful SUPER curly hair.  We have tried many...and I mean MANY products that claim to help the straightening process while protecting the hair from damage.  Most of the products either did not work at all, made her hair very oily and limp, some even made her hair sticky! Yuk !!  We couldnt achieve a sleek, shiny, straight look with any of the products we had tried.  We decided it was time to consult a professional.  We found a great stylist and I talked with her first about how I was against "chemical straightening".  To my surprise, she agreed with me and promised to get her hair straighter than we had ever seen it before. I was skeptical.   We were introduced to Paul Mitchell Super Skinny.  This product is AMAZING!!  The results are absolutely beautiful.  Her hair is not only sleek and completely straight, it smelled wonderful, was shiny and full of body.  All of her friends and their mother's wanted to know what we were using on her hair, We happily shared the name of the product.  It's a little more expensive (but a little goes a long way) it is worth every single penny.  Another bonus Super Skinny gives... It cut down our drying and straightening time by about 40 minutes.  I just cannot say enough...it is absolutely, positively the BEST product on the market.  We have also started using the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny sampoo and conditioner. They are just as amazing as the Serum.  Her hair has never been this soft and manageable.  Super Skinny is a must have in our house.

THANK YOU THANK YOU Paul Mitchell.

Hair looks great, but face breaks out!

When I first tried this product, I absolutely loved the way it looked on my straightened hair!  My hair looked so healthy and shiny, it made me feel so good about my hair for the first time in a long time. I also loved that you only needed a teeny-tiny bit, so I knew this bottle would last me a long time. Unfortunately when I woke up the next morning, the skin on my cheeks and my chin line had some pimples forming.  I didn't really connect it to the serum, and after a few weeks I had constant acne on my face.  Since my hair is generally dry, I try to wait a few days between washes but If I use this product, I have to make sure that my hair is washed before bed.  So, if you are not sensitive to the ingredients in this products (look for anything ending in -ethicone!) then I definitely think you will be happy with the look and feel of your hair.

Awsome product

from California

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Texture
  • Smooths & Softens

• Dry Hair
    • Frizzy hair

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

Love this product. It works wonders for my frizzy hair. A little product goes a long way. If you over do it it will leave your hair greasy since its is a serm. I notice my hair is less fuzzy and is better manageable. My hair feels smooth and healthy.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Beauty Staple

from Indiana

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Improves Texture
    • Smooths & Softens

• Thick Hair

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

This is a must have for thick haired girls. This serum drastically reduces my dry time without weighing down my hair. It also helps control flyaways and leaves my hair soft and silky without loosing volume.

This is a great straightening serum

from Downers Grove, IL

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
      • Smooths & Softens

• Curly Hair
        • Thick Hair

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I use the serum after washing/conditioning my hair. I apply before blow drying. I have thick and naturally wavy hair so it takes a while to blow dry my hair straight. This serum does a great job in helping to smooth out my waves and leaves it with a nice shine.

• Hair Type:
        • Wavy Hair

The best out there!

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

When I would go to the salon, I would always pick up a bottle of these. There are two problems with this product: it is very expensive, and you go through it fast! However, I find it's the best on the market. It is the only product that gives you sleek, shiny hair without making it look greasy. It can be used as many times a day as you want, and it has the best smell ever! I put this on my hair just so I can smell it. It prevents frizz and keeps your hair looking fabulous. I recommend this to everyone. It will change your life!

My favorite shine serum!

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I have been using Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum for a couple years now and there is not one shine serum that could even come close to being in competition with this one. I love how I can put it in wet or dry hair and just a little bit will do the trick for my whole head of hair. The smell is so delicious and I get compliments about how wonderful my hair smells quiet often. The bottle itself isn't too expensive considering how long it lasts me. I love the tousled look and love even more that I can get it without the frizz thanks to this serum. My hairstylist uses this on most of her clients and she says that they all love it. For being an older product is it still a hit. That speaks for the product itself. I would recommend this skinny serum to people with all hair types. Thick, thin, short, or long, this serum compliments hair beautifully and doesn't make it fell oily, filmy, or dry.

Effortless

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I love Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum. I do not use much product in my hair, but I would swear by this. Whereas most hair products either make my hair sticky, greasy, stiff or require a lot of styling afterward, Paul Mitchell's serum does not. It is virtually effortless. I apply a dab to the ends of my damp hair and work my way up and that's all. My hair air dries and it ends up being straight, smooth and shiny. It's almost miraculous how nice it looks given how little it required of me. The serum also has a nice light perfumed scent that also makes using it a pleasant experience. The only downside to Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum is that it is a tad expensive. John Freida's Frizz Ease Serum is a cheaper version that works nicely. Also Living Proof might work, too. (But I'm still testing the waters with that product.) But most people I know prefer Paul Mitchell's product.

Mixed Hair

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I am a mixed female with a white and African american background. When it comes to my hair i have the frizz from my Caucasian side and the puff from my African american side. This product does wonders for my hair. It gives me the shine and shake i want but not all the frizz. If you have difficulties with your hair and have tried many of products but fell flat, then this is the product that you need to try. It works wonders.

Best serum ever!

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I am completely in love with the Paul Mitchell super skinny serum. It makes my solo soft and shiny. My hair is so dry and damaged and you cannot even tell how bad it is when I use this serum. My hair is very long and I only have to use two pumps. And whenever I use this serum and straighten my hair, it stays stick straight all day. I love this serum.

The best hair straightner product for curly hair!

from Rio Rancho, NM

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

I have very curly and thick hair. Usually when I straighten my hair I get crazy fly aways and there are usually still random frizzy bits close to my head. I have tried quite a few relaxer straighteners that are one time use products (no brazillian blow out products) and few make my hair shiny and straight. This one worked!! I couldn't believe how well it worked. I applied it when my hair was just a little damp and then waited for it to dry and started straightening and my hair was so lovely!! No crazy fly aways at all! It was so shiny too! No poofy weirdness. I am glad my friend pointed this product out to me and that I was smart enough to try it. I have extremely curly hair and this really worked ( I do live in a very dry climate though) Go get this product if you want nice shiny hair!

not worth the money

from Nederland, TX

Comments about Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum:

Although it smells nice...i feel this product is over priced and does not give good results. it left a nasty film on my hair and it felt really dirty even right after washing it. it's not for me! I tried it on dry hair and on damp hair. I will not purchase this product again or recommend it to anyone i know in the future!