Other Hair Shine Products:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

Pros

Cons

Super Great!

As a long time John Frida Frizz Ease user, I was skeptical about using Fructis for my hair. I live in a very humid climate, and my natural, curly hair puffs up like a basketball whenever I step outside. I ran, not walked, to the hair counter to buy Frizz Ease, and have been a faithful user ever since.

Now recently, I purchased Fructic's answer to hair frizz. I used it, fully expecting for it to be too "cheap" to work, but to my surprise, it was very effective. I hair hasn't puffed up, even after spending a day outside in 80% humidity. I think this product will give John Frida a run for his money, because it's really just as effective, at half the cost.

One thing that I truly love about this product is that it doesn't take as much to do the job as you may expect. A dime to quarter size in medium length hair is all it takes. You don't have to worry about your hair feeling weighted down, either. The product almost vanishes as soon as you put it in. No greasy residue on your fingers either.

Overall, great product. Definitely worth considering, even if you're a long time Frizz Ease fan like me.

I was not impressed

I may possibly be known for making a few impulse buy, especially when it corms to hair care. Ok, I admit it, I buy new stuff all the time. My linen closet is almost bursting with products I've tried but haven't been completely happy with. I have to make myself toss out anything I haven't used in over a year.
This Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Friz Serum was one of those (many,many) impulse buys. I picked it up because (before I found Wen Cleansing Conditioner) I really like the Garnier Fructis shampoos and conditioners. I figured if their shampoos and conditioners worked well it was a good net that their other products would work equally well. Yeah, not so much.
I gave this a good week of steady use before I gave up on it and stashed it away, only to be tossed a year or so later.
My hair isn't seriously frizzy, but it looks much nicer after I've straightened it. I was looking for a product that would give me a similar sleek look with just blow drying. This, sadly was not it. It didn't do anything to tame my hair. It just make it look kind of greasy.
I wasn't the worst product I've ever tried, but no were near the best.

Product is an Oil Base Serum

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

I love all of the Garnier line, and usually their products do well at moisturizing hair and leaving it looking healthier. I've bought this a few times over the years, and have found it does a good job at protecting hair, especially hair that is dry or damaged. With this product, a tiny bit goes a long way. The reason is that this will really make your hair oily if you use too much. It does help tame down frizzy hair, but it really doesn't leave my hair shiny or sleek. I think the reason it doesn't add shine to my hair, is that I cannot use too much or it will make my hair look greasy. I think that Garnier makes better products than this, as there are others that moisturize and nourish your hair, leaving it shiny without the oily look. My hair is very dry, so this isn't why it leaves oil in my hair. I think it's because the main ingredient in this product is an oil based product. I recommend it for leaving a barrier between hair and the elements, but not for shinier hair or to nourish hair. As it does neither of these.

Just Right

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

This product provides a couple of uses. First, it helps detangle my hair after washing and conditioning. It provides enough slip to get the wide tooth comb through my thick hair. It also works great as a flat iron aid. Keeps my hair smooth and straight for at least 5 days without it reverting back to its natural curl pattern. They smell is great and the scent lasts while product is in my hair. The product does not leave a film in my hair. The product does not leave any oily feeling to my hair no matter how much I use. It also helps tame my flyaways. This bottle lasts a long time and I will always come back to buy it for as long as they sell it. Cant get enough. Love Garnier Fructis!

Good for lots of hair types and weights

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

This works great with a lot of different hair types, straight, wavy, curly, and just plain frizzy. Myself and a girl I know both have very thick, relatively frizz-prone hair, and this does a pretty good job at keeping the frizz down. It also makes my hair sleeker, and generally gives it a more polished look. It washes out if rained on, but in diluted form doesn't seem harm clothes. Actually dripping it straight can leave slight discolorations though, so be careful. It works reasonably well in high humidity, though actually getting hair wet isn't a good idea. It also works well along with straightening or curling irons. It also has also worked with temporary dye, at least certain kinds. Overall, it works very well for most circumstances. It tends too be messy going on, but it's definitely worth the icky-ness of running it through your hair. Don't use too much though, as it'll leave your hair and hands feeling slimy until it dries/absorbs some.

Makes my hair very smooth and shiny, detangles well too.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

Although the product comes in a smaller container, I was very impressed by the minimal amount of product that you needed to pump out so that it would work properly. One tiny pump (maybe even less) was enough to cover all over my hair and keep it very nice and shiny. It also smoothed my hair out and detangled it out.

great product

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

This product is amazing. The scent is wonderful, and it leaves your hair smooth, shiny (but not in a dirty way!) and touchably soft. A little goes a long way, but this is a great supplement to Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner! I would recommend if you straighten or curl your hair, to put it on after using the flat-iron or curler, otherwise you tend to get buildup on your styling tools.

I was not impressed

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

I wasn't the worst product I've ever tried, but no were near the best.

Light, gentle frizz treatment

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

It is getting increasingly difficult to fine this anti-frizz serum, which is sad because it is my personal favorite. I have used other types of Garnier Fructise anti frizz products, but have liked none of them quite as much as this one. This serum smells deliciously fruity, but not overpowering. The scent is tropical and citrusy. The product is very light, unlike some other hair oil treatments. When applied right after showering, to damp hair, the oil soaks in like lotion into skin, leaving hair soft, and shiny for hours afterwards. It helps tame frizz from both dryness and humidity because it both moisturizes hair and smooths it at the same time. Your hair will not be weighed down by this product either. The cream style moisturizers tend to leave a film on the outside of hair, but the oil style one soaks in well for tameness without added weight. I love that it works well for split ends. When I use this product frequently I feel that it improves the overall health of my hair.

Awful stuff

from Howard Beach, NY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

This product claims to calm frizz and shine hair. It doesn't. It's extremely oily and stays on your hands. It adds no shine to hair and doesn't do a thing to smooth frizzies. The shape of the bottle makes it hard to travel with and the pump lock doesn't really work. Stay away from this product, there are better ones out there

Super shiny hair!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

I like the garnier fructis sleek and skim weightless anti frizz serum. I have very dry, unruly hair. This serum made my hair super shiny and smooth. My hair was so soft and silky! And you only have to use a little bit, which surprised me because I have really long hair. And my hair is very flat, and this serum did not weigh it down or make it fall limp. I would recommend this product.

Anti-Frizz, yes; Shine, no.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum:

I have dark-blond to light-brown colored hair so it is difficult for me to be able to create a shiny look to my hair. I was excited to try this because it seemed like one of those products you just fall in love with at the salon when the hairstylist smooths it on, except now it's affordable from Fructis. And I needed more anti frizz in my "hair diet". I liked it for anti-frizz, and I liked the scent a lot, but it DID NOT SHINE. I was, of course, disappointed with the performance of this product. If they say that an item is going to give me a specific effect, I expect it, especially when we are talking about my precious hair. I saw no differentiating factors between the look and feel of Garnier Fructis Sleek and "Shine" Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum and any other anti-frizz solutions I had previously used. On top of all of this, I don't think it felt very "weightless". It was heavy and almost greasy, but on the plus side, there wasn't any frizz.