Other Hair Shine Products:

CHI Silk Infusion

Pros

Cons

CHI Silk Infusion does wonders for my hair

I am a bonfide, self confessed hair abuser! I straighten, perm, curl, blow dry, color and expose to the sun. The ends of my hair tend to become dry and brittle. Chi Silk infusion used right after I shampoo really helps. I agree with the other reviewers that a little goes a long way. A pea sized amount will take care of the ends of my hair just great without feeling sticky. Once dry may hair looks and feels healthier and the product helps protect against the next round of abuse. As far as the smell, I guess you either love it or hate it. I love the smell of it and don't find it offensive. It is expensive but bearing in mind that a small amount is all that is needed, one bottle should last for months.

CHI didn't work for me; may work for you.

Before I begin, let me just say that I have some pretty frizzy hair. I am a bit of everything, including African-American, Native American, European, etc, so my hair is pretty frizzy. I've seen a lot of people use products like this and they magically get silky, straight hair, so I thought the same. Looks like I was wrong.

This stuff isn't the cheapest product out there. The company is pretty well-known, but obviously not as huge as one like Tresemme or Pantene. I tried the product after shampooing/conditionining. I also tried to use a straightener alongside. All I got after this was really coarse, dry hair that smelled like burned popcorn. I tried using more of it, but it simply didn't help.

Maybe this product was simply not made for people like me with extremely coarse hair, I'm not sure. If your hair isn't that bad or if you're or European descent, this product will probably work well on your hair. Otherwise, don't buy it.

Smooths my frizzy hair and smells fabulous!

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

I like Chi Silk Infusion because I can put it on wet hair and it dries much silkier and smoother than if I don't use product. I don't have to style or do anything else to my slightly wavy hair when I use this product.
A friend of mine from work let me try her bottle of Chi and I fell in love with it right away. It is easy to apply and does not leave my hair weighed down or greasy. In fact, it doesn't look like I have any product in my hair- but my hair is more manageable and easy to control, which I like. My hair is also silkier and shinier, and has a bit more bounce and wave definition. The product is a clear, runny liquid (not thick like a pomade) so it is easy to run through my hair with my fingers to distribute evenly.
The smell is terrific and is not overpowering. It smells fresh and clean. The scent doesn't stick around all day either, so it does not become nauseating simply because I keep smelling it constantly.

Must Have Product!

from Virginia

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

Have you ever had a hair product that you couldn't live without? Chi Silk Infusion is my all time favorite hair product. It is an amazing product that protects the hair but also adds a beautiful shine to the hair without weighing it down. I started using Silk Infusion over 8 years ago when my hairdresser used it in my hair after straightening it in the salon. My hair looked smooth and felt soft. I bought this product right away and have used it ever since. This product can be applied on wet or dry hair. I use about a dime size when my hair is damp and I pay special attention to the ends of my hair. I used to have a frizz look to my hair but this product eliminates that look. What I am so impressed with is how light weight it feels after applying. There's no greasy look to my hair but it instantly makes my hair appear to be healthy and smooth. A little of this product goes along way and I must add that it has a great smell to it!

Savior!

from TN

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

I was first introduced ti CHI Silk Infusion many years ago at a hair salon. My stylist used it in my hair while it was still wet and wow did it make a difference! My hair is naturally straight, but but does not have the chance"perfect" silky look to it unless I use a hair straightener. With CHI Silk Infusion my hair is straight and looks silky and smooth without having to use the harsh heat of a hair straightener on it. That is truly a miracle for me! The scent to me smells like men's cologne. It seems like an odd smell for a lady to wear, but I have to admit I love it! That is actually one of my favorite things about it! Don't worry though, the smell fades pretty quick. The only thing about CHI Silk Infusion is it is pretty pricey. The good thing is it only takes a very small amount of product each time you use it so it tends to last a long time. I bought a small bottle over a year ago and I am still using it!

Good for staight hair.

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

I have long, straight hair which I occasionally smooth out with a hair straightener. I found that CHI Silk Infusion worked very well at protecting my hair when I put a small amount on slightly damp hair before using the straightening iron. It also works on dry hair as a gloss and to keep static at bay. It is not meant as a styling tool to provide hold or sculpt your hair. I found that if I used too much it weighed my hair down. I like that it is a "leave in" treatment, but it still built up a bit when I was using it everyday. I occasionally use a stronger shampoo to make sure all the product is completely out. Just a small amount will give your hair shine. Plus it smells really good. I think it is overpriced for such a small bottle, but because you only have to use a little it will last a fairly long time. I can't speak to how it works on curly hair. But I give it a thumbs up for straight hair when using blow dryers and straighteners.

GREAT SILKY HAIR WITH NO OILY RESIDUE ON HAIR

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

I love this product. It makes hair so silky and shiny and the best part is that it does not make your hair oily. It keeps hair detangled and flowing all day. You can use it when your hair is wet or if it is dry right before straightening. Even if you are not straightening your hair you can still use it because it is such an amazing product.

Awesome daily conditioner or for blow-drying and flat-ironing.

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

I have very thick, unruly, and oily hair so I am hesitant about conditioners because they usually make my hair greasy and heavy. This product smells great and has the consistency of cooking oil in your hands, but is NOTHING like that at all. It is not in the least greasy and makes your hair soft and look much less brittle than any conditioner I have ever used on my hair. Unlike other products this one is a leave in applied to freshly washed hair. There is no oily product left on your hands and is very silky and smooth. It only takes a nickle size amount to do your hair when applied and combed through. I use it before blow drying too with excellent results. I flat iron my hair once in a while and I used it instead of the sprays I was using before and it was great. My hair did not look dry and it smoothed out my split ends. I won't be buying any other conditioners or sprays and actually save money using this with better results. Well worth the premium salon product price which was more than other conditioners but lasts much longer. Comes in several sizes. Awesome overall!

love it!

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

This is a great product for your hair! It protects it from heat of the hair straightener and it also leaves it silky and shiny and feeling SO healthy. Even if you don't want to use it for the heat protection, use it for the shine! The one downside is the price of it, as it is a lot of money and you can find similar things for a lot cheaper

Gives your hair a silky, shiney finish and smells amazing!

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

This product not only protects your hair from heat products but also gives it a smooth, shiny finish. People constantly comment on how shiny and soft my hair is and when they find out I flat iron it every day they are shocked! I am convinced that it is because of this product that my hair isn't brittle from drying and straightening it everyday.

Simply love this product.

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

This product is so amazing. It's very expensive though. But it's well worth the price. This one little bottle lasts me about a year. I only use a drop and massage it into my hair after I straighten it. It makes my hair soo silky.Really does give your hair that soft smooth feeling. It feels amazing after I use this. Oh my and don't get me started on the smell. It smells wonderful. Definitely a product I would recommend on any type of hair because it just works miracles. Everyone always asks me what I used in my hair when I use this because it just smells that good. Love the little bottle it comes in to. Very convenient as well. It would be nice if it came in a spray bottle though. Would be easier to use, and you wouldn't get your hands a little greasy either. Just a thought. I will definitely continue buying this product. It really does last a while and works just as it says it will.

Sleek, beautiful hair

Comments about CHI Silk Infusion:

This product is definitely worth the extra cost! I have yet to find any product that compares to this. It leaves my hair smooth and sexy without leaving my scalp feeling oily. The fragrance only adds to this product's appeal. It lasts all day, and is not at all overpowering. I have recommended this product - and many more made by Chi - to several of my friends. Fantastic product!