Other Baby Musical Toys:
Learning Toys, Musical Toys
Parents

Parents bee-bop band - Entertaining and Cute

My son received this for Christmas, as he loves to beat and bang on things! He has definitely enjoyed these instruments, and I love that they're not as loud as they could be, and they're easy to store. Overall design: This drum set includes everything your child needs to start their own band. My son loves picking an instrument for everyone involved while he plays the drums, and everyone else chimes in. This drum set includes: *Drum--this is a large drum with adjustable carrying strap. One end comes off so that you can easily store all the other instruments in it when they're not playing with it. The drum top is made of a flexible plastic material which he can bang on. The noise these drums make is definitely not as loud as when he beats on other things in the house. *2 Wavy Drumsticks--The 2 drumsticks that come with this drum are wavy and colorful. Very cute! They are made of solid plastic, and are hard as a rock. My son loves to stick these in every little nook and cranny as they are the perfect size to fit perfectly in little holes. *Ladybug shaped Xylophone--The ladybug xylophone is cute; however, very difficult to actually play. The stick is small, and so is the ladybug. My son doesn't really enjoy this instrument and plays very little with it, as it is very hard to actually make musical noise with it. *Ant-Shaped Bells--Besides the drum, this has to be my sons very favorite instrument. They sound almost like jingle bells on a sleigh. The long legs of the ant have bells attached to them, and really make a lovely sound. *Bee-shaped Noise Maker Shaker--This is a cute design. It looks like a bee, with 3 B's attached to the back with a flexible string that clap as you shake the shaker. There's lots of colorful little balls inside the bee's body that make noise as he shakes it. *Tambourine--This is a cute little hand-held tambourine that is small, and fits nicely in a toddler's hand. It has small metal discs on it that make minimal noise when shook. Overall, this is a cute design, and my son really enjoys it. I do think that some of the toys could be better assembled. Overall, I am pleased with the design, but think that for instance the B's on the Bee-shaped noise maker could be attached with something stronger than the elastic string. My son has not been rough enough on this particular toy to pull any of these apart, but I think that in the future he will be able to pull some of these apart.

So annoying but keeps a little one entertained!

While this is obviously made to annoy parents of toddlers, it does keep my little one entertained.  It comes with a tambourine, a shaker with bells on it, a shaker that is more like a rattle, drum sticks and the case is the drum.  The lid of the drum comes off and it is storage for the other instruments.

My daughter has had this for about two weeks and has figured out how to take the top of the drum off and THROW things that are not instruments into the drum.  She also carries around the lid and plays with it, chews on it, etc.  It is already in terrible shape and I don't forsee it lasting through the end of the month.  The drumsticks are adorable and the perfect gripping size for a toddler, but that means that my toddler will carry them around the house if you'll let her, banging on my walls, my kneecaps and the dog.  She also sticks the round knob-like ends in her mouth constantly because they are the perfect size.

I don't feel too strongly about this product one way or another.  It was a gift and I wouldn't have purchased it myself, but since we have it, we'll play with it, as long as it lasts.

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

We received this little musical set as a gift from someone who felt that it was way too good to throw away. I had it in my house for a good five years before finally giving it away to our local preschool as, well frankly, it was way to good to throw away! The musical items are made of such good quality, durable material - not one piece of this broke during our possession. The little animals, or bugs should I say, are so cute and well designed. I love the fact that, especially if your house is small and space is such a premium, that you can pack each item away inside the drum which comes with a strap and centipede drumsticks. Included in the pack is a ladybug xylophone, a caterpillar tamborine plus bells and maracas. This was one of those gifts that I was a little sad to give away, I felt like in some way, I was giving away memories but hopefully to some children who will gain many!

Very fun, long use toy!

from Florissant, MO

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

LOVE this toy. We received with our second child, and two years later, our twins our enjoying every bit of it!

We found it a life saver on recent trip, when we were stuck in a hotel for a while. Truly entertaining.

Only downside for us were the drumsticks which older boys would use as a weapon. Sigh. But hands work admirably on te drum, and our twins never knew what they were missing.

Simple toy that provides hours of entertainment

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

I purchased this toy as a gift for a 1 year old and it is a hit.  The set is quite durable.  Storage is convenient (all of the smaller instruments fit in the drum).  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he continues to use this toy for years.

CREATIVE MUSIC PRODUCT FOR OVER 3

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

THE PARENTS BEE BOP BAND IS GOOD. IT IS A BRAND I TRUST. IT IS COLORFUL AND ATTRACTIVE. I HAVE 2 BOYS, 4 1/2 AND 2. THEY BOTH ENJOY ALL THE PIECES. EACH INSTRUMENT MAKES A DIFFERENT SOUND AND IS IN THE SHAPE OF A DIFFERENT INSECT.

I HAD TO TAKE THE DRUM STICKS AWAY BECAUSE THE 2 YEAR OLD WOULD STICK THEM DOWN HIS THROAT. AND HE CRACKED THE TOP OF THE DRUM LID, BECAUSE HE WOULD SATND ON IT. I WOULD RECOMMED IT FOR KIDS OLDER THAN 2. IT IS A LOUD TOY SO BE READY FOR SOME NOISY MUSIC MAKERS.

Keeps toddler busy.

from Aragon, GA

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

This music set is a good toy for little ones to play with.  I like that each instrument is a different creature.  Although it is not a true musical item I think it does teach the child the basic concept of how to use each one so they will know how to use the real thing when they are ready for it.  My 2-year-old got this set last Christmas and still loves to play with it.  I do like the fact that all of the pieces fit into the drum for easy storage.  Overall I would recommend this product.  I think the age range is probably from around 9 months until they get tired of it whatever age that might be.

This product is one of my daughter's favorite toys!

from Laurel, MS

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

My daughter received the bee bop band as a birthday gift when she turned three.  After she opened the bee bop band, she immediately began playing with it and ignored her other gifts.  The Parents brand of toys offers quality products that spark imaginative play.  This particular product has sparked my child's interest in various musical instuments.  She marches around and pretends she is playing instuments in a parade.  Each of the instruments is well made.  The bright colors and interesting shapes are appealing to young children.  The product also offers convenient storage as the drum provides storage for the other instruments.

Good way to introduce interactive music

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

I just bought this for my daughter for Christmas and I'm sooooo excited to give it to her! She loves music! I teach music to the children at church and she loves to listen to me sing!  I nannied for 2 different families and they both has this product. It's actually what made me want to buy it!  She is going to love the different sounds she can make herself! It's going to be great!

Drum all day

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

Love that these items come in their own case.  My daughter can't stop trying everything all at once and loves the sound that comes from it.  I love to play in her band and bang on the drum.  The drum sticks can become dangerous if not monitoring and especially when the child is learning how to hold them and bang on something.  The instruments are done in great colors and can become a learning game.

My kids love this!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

This item was purchased for grammy's house and the compact "all in" feature was what attracted me to it but it has stood the test of time and still appeals to the now 4 year old twins (boy, girl) it was purchased for.  They search for their favorite instument and talk about the memories it has.  We got way more than we expected from this purchase.

Good music toys for little ones!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Parents Bee Bop Band:

My son got this for his first birthday. It is durable and colorful. The drumsticks are his favorite part. He plays with it a few times a week.This toy will last longer than he will play with it, I'm sure we will be pasing it on. It is definitely worth the money!