Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair

Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair

Pros

Cons

Pantene is the absolute BEST!!!

Pantene is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. I am 17 years old and I am African American and I have very very kinky hair. I have a lot of hair and it is super thick. It is sometimes very hard to find a good shampoo that is good for my kind of hair and that does the job well. I don't have a job so right now money is pretty tight so I don't have the money to go and buy a super expensive shampoo and conditioner. That's the best thing about Pantene, it doesn't cost much and it works so well in my hair, I just love washing my hair with Pantene, and the wonderful thing about it is that they make so many different types of shampoos for all different types of hair, whether its straight, curly, wavy, or just plain nappy, they have a shampoo and conditioner for everyone and since its not that expensive everyone can afforded it and that is just so great that there is a great product out there that everyone can use no matter what type of hair they have. I Love it and would recommend that everybody should use it!!!

wouldn't use it

I bought Pantene because of the advertisement on TV and was ready to use it, Lucky or unlucky for my best friend, she came home and decide to take the bottle. used it for a month and believe me the store brand she was using was thw best option ever. her hair looked very limp and weighed down. So she stopped and it took another month for her hair to recover. This is what just makes sad about this product and you can read it in other reviews I found after listening to my friend mourning her hair. Pantene is about 89% wax. Plus, Not only do they load their product full of addiditives, but they test on animals (not an uber-activist), but they are so blatant about their animal testing. They drip Pantene products in rabbit's eyes. Rabbits don't have tear ducts, so they can't wash away the product. So much for a testing. Overall Pantene does coat your hair with a thick layer that, over time, accumulates residue and build up. Your hair may look and smell nice, but underneath it is dying to breathe. Note: the Wax is really bad for you hair.

Pantene is the best bargain.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I use Pantene Pro-V shampoo for color treated hair because I am used to it. Pantene is one of my favorite shampoos. When I use Pantene Pro-V my hair color does not fade out as fast. The smell of Pantene is not very intense yet it is pleasant enough. The texture of Pantene lather is very thick. This shampoo lathers well.

My hair always feels so much cleaner after using Pantene Pro-V for color treated hair. I buy several bottles for the month. This shampoo products leaves my hair looking much healthier. My hair has life and shine it for several days after using this product. I also like this shampoo does not irritate my sensitive skin. Pantene Pro-V for color treated hair is not watered down like some cheaper bargain brands I have used.

This costs slightly more than many bargain brand shampoos but it is worth it because it lasts longer and cleans your hair much better. Why buy watered down shampoo and throw away money when this is the real bargain?

Crazy Good

from Victoria, MN

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I am really crazy happy with this shampoo! It has a wonderful scent and makes my hair feel smooth and smell wonderful. It rinses out easily and has a price I can live with even on my limited budget. I like the fact that it is made for my color-treated hair. I feel that it helps my color stay truer for longer. I also feel it is more gentle on my hair, which tends to be dry. I also have long hair and like the fact that it is easy to comb out after rinsing.

I feel it cleans my hair without unnecessarily stripping my highlights of their color. I feel it is more gentle than some shampoos which are harsh and strip my hair of not only color but my hair's natural oils. It leaves my hair feeling healthy and soft.

The scent of this Pantene Pro-V is so fabulous and it makes my hair smell the same way also. My husband really likes the scent of it too. It is subtle and not heavy or overwhelming in nature. It is just the right amount of scent.

Best shampoo for color treated hair.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

One of the best shampoos that Pantene has made. I have very long curly hair, and it always leaves my hair silky and soft.

This is great at cleaning hair, without stripping all the necessary oils on your scalp that you need to keep it moisturized. I have always loved Pantene, and this is one of the best products to date. I have dyed my hair blond for years, and so I need a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that also cleans well. This even cleaned my hair free of lacquer. It's a funny story. I was using lacquer on some wood floors to seal them, and reach up and touched my hair, and got traces of the lacquer on my hair. I could tell because when I shampooed and conditioned my hair, it was very rough. Once I used this a couple of times, it helped clean the lacquer out of my hair! It didn't do it on the first wash, but buy the second day of using this, and double washing with this shampoo, my hair was smooth again. It's a wonderful product, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something that won't damage their color treated hair!

Has a decent clean scent. There are other products I have used that smell a lot better. This doesn't have a ton of chemicals that will damage your hair, just to enhance the scent.

A shampoo that keeps my color looking beautiful

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I'm sometimes hesitant using shampoos from drugstores only because I went to school for hair so I like to use salon shampoos. I like to try different shampoos so I gave this Pantene pro-v shampoo for color treated hair a try. It was amazing on how it locked my color in. I always dye my hair and using this shampoo I never see my color run in the shower. It doesn't strip out my color or dry out my hair. It was really moisturizing and it cleaned my hair very well. My color looked vibrant and it didn't fade. I loved the scent of this shampoo it had a clean fragrant smell. My hair smelled great all day and my color always looked refreshed with this shampoo. It was very delicate and gentle to my color. It cleaned my hair from root to tip without making it look oily. My hair was a lot smoother and my color looked shiny. I would definitely use this shampoo again and I would recommend this to anybody who has color treated hair. This shampoo was at a reasonable price so it was affordable to purchase.

Reasonably priced shampoo that makes my hair feel great!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I love Pantene Pro-V shampoo- it is economical and makes my hair look great! My hair is shiny and easy to style and it doesn't dull my color. I wash my hair every day and Pantene Pro-V is gentle enough to use every time I shampoo. My hair is color treated and Pantene Pro-V makes the color last and my hair feels like I have used an expensive luxury shampoo. I recommend this shampoo to all of my friends who have color treated hair and when they make the switch, they tell me how much they love it!

Pantene Pro-V makes my hair feel and look great. My hair is manageable and it isn't weighed down. My hair is fine and many shampoos weigh it down but not Pantene Pro-V- I am able to easily style my hair and it is gentle on my color and leaves my hair really shiny. Pantene Pro-V is such a good shampoo that I don't have to use very much to get my hair really clean.

I like the way Pantene Pro-V smells- it smells clean and it doesn't overpower my cologne. Pantene Pro-V has a neutral clean smell.

Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for color treated hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for color treated hair isn't for everyone. I have thick, straight, color treated hair that isn't damaged and it is overall healthy. I decided to try this shampoo as I got it practically free after a sale and coupon. Thank goodness I didn't pay full price for this or I wouldn't have been happy. Typically I can go a few days before my hair starts to get oily. Not using this shampoo. Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for color treated hair caused my hair to be excessively oily and I needed to wash it the next day. It made my scalp and hair line break out in little bumps as well as caused me to have an extremely itchy scalp. After my hair dried I instantly felt it becoming itchy. It causes dandruff as well. That's strange as my hair was becoming oily faster but my scalp was over drying. If the shampoo ran down my face I would also get an allergic reaction on my forehead as well. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but people are different.

Made my hair feel greasy and weighed down.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I bought this at point after I dyed my hair. I wanted to the color to stay longer and a friend used this shampoo and recommended. I did not find that Pantene's Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated hair was very good. My hair is actually pretty dry at time due to dying it a lot, but this shampoo caused my hair to look and feel greasy while also being weighed down a lot. My hair was limp and I could not get any volume out of it. As far as the color staying, I did not notice a difference in the length of time that my color stayed in, unfortunately. I had to dye it a month and a week later, so there was not an extension to my hair color's lifespan. I was very upset about my hair being so lifeless that I discontinued using this shampoo about two weeks after I bought it. I felt that it was money wasted. I gave the bottle to my friend. I would not recommend this shampoo to wash your hair, color or no color.

Keeps my hair from getting dull

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I go thru different phases where I have colored hair or just go with my natural color. Right now I have colored hair, and one of the shampoos I really like to use when my hair is treated is Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair. This shampoo is really gentle on my hair, and it keeps it really clean. I don't have to worry about my hair getting oily during the day. It also does not dry out my scalp.

This shampoo is gentle enough to use daily. It does not dull or fade your color at all. I feel like it does a great job of preserving your color.

Although this shampoo is a little on the expensive side, I still like to buy it because it works so well. You can buy this at pretty much any of the larger pharmacies or grocery stores. The convenience of being able to buy it anywhere is nice. There are also a lot of coupons you can get for this product that make it more affordable.

This has a great smell that keeps your hair smelling nice all day long.

Leaves a TON of Product Buildup in your Hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

I am not a fan of this product. It leaves a ton of product build-up in my hair and never completely washes down the drain. After using the shampoo it makes my hair feel like there is a coating of it left on after shampooing and it never made my hair feel really clean. It did remove the greasy feeling from my hair, and I feel like it helped me to retain my color, but I'm not sure those two positive aspects of the product were worth the feeling that the shampoo left.

Due to the buildup it leaves I never feel like my hair is truly clean. It does remove the grease and daily buildup. It also helped me to maintain my hair color, but the coating it left on my hair was not worth it.

I thought that the smell of the shampoo was okay. It was not by any means anything special. It smelled pretty generic, like any other shampoo in that price range. It was a pleasant smell, but nothing special.

Pantene Pro -V Shampoo for color treated hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Shampoo for Color Treated Hair:

Pantene Pro-V shampoo is wonderful for keeping my hair soft and healthy when i color my hair every three to four weeks.I have dry hair to start with and my hair is never brittle and dry when i use Pantene Pro-V shampoo.If i decide not to use this i regret it after , my hair is dry and frizzy if i do not use Pantene Pro-V.My hair looks very healthy and my curls really show.The price of Pantene Pro-V is very reasonable.I use just about the size of a quarter size amount on my hair.Pantene suds up very well and washes out easy.No residue.Blow drying after doesn't dry it out after using Pantene Pro-V.

Pantene Pro-v for color treated hair keeps my hair soft and keeps the color well.The moisture in tis shampoo is so good.My hair never feels oily .My hair is shiny and not dull looking when i use this.

The scent in Pantene Pro - V shampoo is very nice.It is refreshing and not overpowering.I have been told my hair smells nice when i use it.