Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Works exactly as promised.

Pantene is the only shampoo and conditioner on the general market that seems to do what it is suppose to do.  I have tried more expensive beauty salon products and find they do not work as well.  Pantene shampoo and conditioner keeps my hair strong, thick, yet soft.  It defines my curls without making them stiff.  My son has long hair and uses the strengthening pantene shampoo and conditioner and he has long beautiful hair.  My daughter has naturally curly hair like me, but she prefers to straighten her hair, she uses pantene smooth shampoo and conditioner, yes our shower is full of pantene products.  I would recommend pantene to anyone looking for a good quality shampoo that provides results.

This was horrible on my hair

Okay so I have that dreadful thick curly hair. I finally found a shampoo that was not stripping my hair and was allowing my curls to relax when I saw this product and purchased...Read complete review

Okay so I have that dreadful thick curly hair. I finally found a shampoo that was not stripping my hair and was allowing my curls to relax when I saw this product and purchased it.

The smell of this shampoo is nice. It was a refreshing change from the last shampoo I used so i was really looking forward to using it.

I climbed in the shower and started to lather up my hair. I really enjoyed the clean smell of this product. I rinsed my hair out and that is when the trouble started. This product stripped ALL of the natural oils from my hair. I immdiately ahd to reach for the conditioner to try and minimize the dryness this was going to cause. Ha! Not even close. My hair was doomed. My hair was so dry that I could not get a brush through it! When my hair dried it looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket. It was frizzy and out of control!!

This product went straight to my garbage can! There was no point in even trying this shampoo again.

Pro's: The smell is nice

Con's: Everything but the smell!

Love Love Love

from Tulsa Oklahoma

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Adds Volume
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Daily Use
    • Oily Hair
    • Thicker Hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have used this product for several years and I have love it from the beginning!! Smells amazing and I get tons of compliments.

• Hair Type:
    • Very Curly Hair

Nice shampoo, but doesn't do anything special for curls

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have naturally curly hair. It forms fairly tight ringlets without much teasing or product. I am always intrigued by products that are marketed specifically for curly hair, but in the case of shampoos and conditioners, including this Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo, I have never noticed that they do anything particularly special for curly hair. This shampoo is quite moisturizing, though, especially when used with a good conditioner. I love the thick consistency of the shampoo and the way it feels when I lather it in my hair. It rinses clean and leaves hair feeling refreshed. The smell is also pleasant and gender-neutral. I have found that, depending on where you shop, Pantene products can be a bit pricey, but there are frequently coupons or sales that can help you get them for a great deal. If you're looking for something specifically to help your curls, don't expect much from this shampoo, but if you just want a good all-around shampoo, give this stuff a try.

Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls shampoo works wonderfully well!

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have very thick, curly hair that is very hard to control. One thing curly hair needs is moisture, as it naturally tends to be very dry. When I started using Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo I noticed an immediate difference in the texture of my hair. The product really does provide the moisture needed by my curls. It lathers well, smells good, and afterwards, my hair is much softer and easier to handle. This makes the curls look better, bouncier, and not so kinky. I always use the Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls conditioner after shampooing. The difference is amazing!

I think Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls shampoo is very effective. It does exactly what it advertises. It hydrates my hair very well, making it more manageable and making the curls bouncy and pretty. I follow the shampooing with the Hydrating Curls conditioner.

The scent is nice and fresh. It isn't overpowering, and leaves your hair smelling clean all day long.

Very good shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have been a Pantene user for years now and have always been happy with it. I have naturally wavy hair that, with the help with the right products has some nice curl to it. I tried the Pantene Pro V Hydrating curls for the first time not too long ago and it was as good as any Pantene product. The smell was pleasant and the shampoo lathered nicely. I was happy with how clean my hair seemed afterward, but the I didn't see a difference in how this shampoo affected my curls as compared to any other Pantene product so for that reason I rated this shampoo an 8. My hair did however feel healthy and well nourished. My hair was easy to comb through and was manageable to style. I have color treated hair and it did not help to hold my color. Over time my color did fade, but that is true of most shampoos unless specifically designed for color treated hair. I do recommend this product because as I have always found the Pantene products do work great, but I don't see that it is any more effective on curls than any other Pantene product is.

Shampoo for curly hair

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

My hair takes a beating during the summer. We live on a lake and it is wet and dry all day long which causes it to be dry and a bit brittle. Unless we are going somewhere special I prefer to let it air dry instead of using the blow dryer and flat iron to give it a break. I have naturally wavy to curly hair and would like it to look really curly instead of dull and limp. Unfortunately this product does not do it for me. It is decent but it does not really create a lot of curl in my hair. It's thin so it is not like it is being weighed down and pulling the curls out of it. There are cheaper shampoos on the shelf that create more curl for my hair. It has a decent scent, not over powering at all and it rinses easily and quickly out of my hair which is a positive. This is a gentle product but it's not my favorite curl option. My favorite Pantene product for curls was their leave in spray conditioner, wish they hadn't stopped selling it.

Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo is great for curly girls

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I used Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls shampoo and conditioner exclusively on my hair for many years. I really liked it and thought that it did a great job, but when I started growing my hair out I felt like it did not work as well with my hair being longer. It seemed that the curl would fall out easier and that the shampoo was just not doing that great of a job for my hair anymore. So I switched brands and think that maybe my hair just needed a break from the same formulation of shampoo day in and day out. I really do like the smell of the Pantene Pro-V curly hair formula. It also goes on really easily and rinses out well. It seemed to keep my hair at a good texture, which for my curly hair it was important for it to not be too smooth and shiny because that led to frizz. I think I will go back to trying Pantene Pro-V for my curls again soon because I really did like it. My hair just needed a break from it.

Smells okay, a little bit chemically smelling to me.

Keeps my hair wavy

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have long, thick, wavy hair that I normally straiten. If I plan on wearing it wavy, I need to use shampoo made for curls. One of the best ones is the Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo. This brings out the natural curls in my hair without weighing them down.

In addition to keeping my hair wavy, the shampoo keeps my hair clean. It does not make my hair oily at all, and it also doesn't make my scalp dried out. I like that it also keeps my hair shiny.

I have color-treated hair, and this is gentle enough to use on my hair daily. It does not fade my color. I also like that you can normally find coupons for Pantene Pro-V, and it's easy to find at pretty much any store that sells shampoos.

This shampoo does a great job of bringing out my natural curls. It doesn't weigh down my hair. It also doesn't look like I have too much product in my hair.

This shampoo smells really good. It keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

great shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I feel like this shampoo was made for me. I have dry, frizzy, thick, curly hair, and this helps my hair in every single one of those areas. It was adequately named because it truly is hydrating, it gives such moisture that rivals few shampoos I've tried, and I have tried a lot. The moisture helps my hair not to be so dry and that in turn helps control the frizz. It makes my hair so soft and touchable. My hair is thick and unfortunately I've found that a lot of shampoos that are supposed to be moisturizing tend to weigh my hair down more than it already is because of its thickness, but this one doesn't do that, I was so impressed when I first tried it. And then of course the curls. Maybe it's the level of hydration or something else in the formula but this help keep your curls looking so good.
    It doesn't have much of a scent, just your typical shampoo clean scent, but that doesn't bother me, I don't have to worry about the scent of my hair clashing with my perfume.

Great product keeps hair soft

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

I have had good success using Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls shampoo. I have curly hair that I blow dry and flat iron every few days, but I was looking for a shampoo that would help keep my hair from drying out. This Pantene product did just that. It was reasonably priced compared to salon products, but it works just as well. I love the clean smelling fragrance. My hair was noticeably smoother and softer after using this product, and it made it more manageable as well. Although I did not leave my hair curly after washing with this Pantene, it did seem to help my hair not look or feel as dried out. I used the shampoo along with the coordinating conditioner and was very pleased with the results. I have tried many different shampoos, and I must say that Pantene is probably my favorite drugstore product because it turns out the best results. You will not be disappointed in this product!

The shampoo is okay

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Shampoo:

Overall, I would say that this shampoo is okay. The main reason I say this is because I find that when I use it, I have a lot more hair loss in the shower. I have thin and fine hair, so when I am shopping for a shampoo, I am looking for something that will not dry out my hair. When I use this shampoo, it does not really dry out my hair which is nice, but like I said, I do notice an increase in hair loss while I am showering. I do not know if the shampoo builds up on my scalp/roots and then weakens my hair causing it to fall out or what. I know that I am not crazy though because my friends have mentioned the same thing. The shampoo that I am most satisfied in providing my fine, thin, and wavy/curly hair with moisture is the Suave Professionals Moisture brand. Not only do I not notice the increased hair loss this Suave, it also is much cheaper than Pantene.

It is effective in the sense that it does not dry out my hair, but it does cause me to lose more hair in the shower.

The scent is not bad, but it is not a scent that I am in love with. I personally love the smell of the Dove shampoos.