Other Shampoos:
Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo

Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo

Pros

Cons

I love how it enhances my curls!

I really like the herbal essence totally twisted shampoo! It's one of my very favorite shampoos, because it really seems to brings out the curls in my hair. My hair has some natural curl to it, so the herbal essence totally twisted shampoo just enhances the natural curl that I already have in my hair. In saying that I mean that it tightens up the curl and keeps it from going straight throughout the day. The herbal essence totally twisted shampoo also lathers real easily. It works into a nice rich thick lather that cleans deep without stripping your hair. After you achieve the rich lather the herbal essence totally twisted shampoo rinses out easily and cleanly without leaving any residue behind. The aroma is also so very pleasant. The smell is like a mixture of berries and wild flowers. It's such a reefreshing sent, that it really helps wake me up in the morning. The scent also seems to put me in a good mood and that is a great way to start my day.

just another shampoo

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo is a shampoo made for those of use with curly hair. While it is suppose to help define your curls, really it is just like any other curly hair shampoo. The shampoo does not make your hair any different than it was before you start using the shampoo, at least this has been my experience with it. I have very curly thick blonde hair, and I am always looking for a shampoo to help me manage my curls and make them look good. I have found that this is hard to come about unless you are willing to pay an arm and leg for a small bottle of something that actually works (bumble and bumble shampoo really works but it's spendy!) Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo just gives your hair that great fruity smell and gives it more body, which isnt always needed for those with curly hair. In all it is just another shampoo marketed towards curly haired people that doesnt really help the majority of us. My sister and a few friends who have the same crazy curls as I do have had the same experience with this shampoo as I have. Really is a let down since the smell is so nice! Anyways, overall this is just another shampoo and if you really want something for your curls, I suggest something else.

Both pros and cons to this shampoo.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

This shampoo smells absolutely delicious! It smells like blueberry candy. Unfortunately it only lasts for about an hour then I cannot smell it on myself. It lathers really well. If I use a little less than half a palm full, it is enough to drip down all the way to my ends. It does not dry my ends out but it does not get my scalp as clean as I would like. My hair gets a lot of product build up after using hairspray and dry shampoo, and my hair still feels greasy when it dries. It looks shiny on my scalp too, but not a good healthy shine, like I have not washed my hair good enough shine. My hair feels limp and does not have any lift at all. It lays really flat on my head, which can be a good thing if I am going for a sleek look, but that is not what I want most of the time. It does not strip dark color faster than any other normal shampoo. It might be a little gentler if anything. This works better on children's hair that does not produce much oil.

Smells like berry candy.

Love it!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

I've used a lot of shampoos and conditioners over the years, but I've recently started using Herbal Essences Totally Twister after I cut my hair short and discovered that without the weight of the length, it's curly after being straight my entire life. This was quite a shock, so I tried this shampoo to see if it would help with the curlier style, and it actually does. I was pretty surprised. I figured it wouldn't really do much, but it makes my curls last longer and gives me a fair amount of volume at the same time.

This is one of the few products like this that actually does what it says it will do. My hair is naturally curly, but this shampoo makes the curls last all day without using too much product. I still use a curl enhancing mousse, but it started working better with the shampoo.

This shampoo smells great! I love the berry scent. It's a great scent to wake up to the morning.

Just your average shampoo

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

This shampoo is good, but it doesn't do what it claims. I thought that this product would help nourish and de-frizz my thick, curly hair, but it really doesn't.

This product cleans my hair just like any other shampoo does.

It's a great shampoo, but if you're looking for something especially made for curly hair, this isn't the one for you. It didn't do anything for my curly hair.

I LOVE the scent of this shampoo. It smells like berries… not artificial, chemically created berries, but real-life ones. Although I don't think this shampoo is that fantastic for my curly hair, I've repurchased it several times simply because I can't get enough of the scent.

The scent does remain in the hair for a few hours after rinsing the product out. It's not overpowering, but I could smell it on my hair without holding my hair up to my nose.

I'd honestly recommend buying this product purely for the scent. It's that good!

Gave Me Back My Curls

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

All my life I have had very thick curly hair and I like it that way. After having my second child my curls disappeared. I was very upset. I want my curls back so bad I went to a salon to see how much a perm would cost me. But after doing a little research I found out how bad a perm would damage my hair. I then found this shampoo. I was reluctant at first but after using this for 2 weeks I was thrilled with the results. I could not believe that this cheap shampoo gave me back my curls that I had been missing so much. I now used this shampoo once a week to keep my curls tight. Not only did this shampoo help me get my curls back but it also helps keep my hair healthy and strong. I dye my hair at least every three months and since I do that my hair becomes damaged very fast. Since using this you would not be able to tell that my hair at one point in time was damaged. The scent of this shampoo is not my favorite but it doesnt smell horrible.

This shampoo prevented me from having to get a perm because I lost my curly hair after having my second child. This shampoo gives you back your curls but also repairs damaged dyed hair. I could not be happier with this product.

This is the one thing I do not like about this shampoo. The scent of this shampoo is not that great. It could have been a lot better.

A bounty of curl! It gave me Carrie Dairies hair all the way!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

I found Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo after a whirl wind affair with a heavy duty straightener. Let's just say this straightener was so good that I could wash my hair- let it air dry and still it was stick straight! Which would be fantastic except I like to change my hair like changing clothes- quickly, methodically, and to suit my mood.
So, with little hope of ever regaining my natural curl I went out and bought Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo. I followed the shampoo with the corresponding conditioner, towel dried and then generously applied the corresponding curling mouse. I continued on to blow dry with a curling diffuser. Even though I have natural curl, I always spend the most time styling my hair curly. Go figure.
But, BOOM! After using this line ONCE i had some serious spiral curls on my head. I did play around with letting my hair air dry as well and my patience was rewarded with soft beachy waves. I'd call that a score!
Additionally this shampoo smells wonderful. It's a scent that stays with your hair all day and on several occasions I've had men and women make comments about my hair smelling really nice.

This product is wonderful all around. It gets your hair clean, it helps coax hair into curls, and its not a huge blow to your wallet.

Even if it was only me that loved the scent ( and I do!) other people comment on how great it is all day! Thats the mark of a wonderfully scented hair line.

leaves my hair feeling proud to wear my hair wavy

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

I love most of the Herbal Essences shampoos but I do have my favorites and the one for totally twisted curls and waves one works awesome. It deep cleans my hairs structure and scalp without weighing it down. It doesn't make my hair feel greasy or oily. It makes my hair feel very healthy and gives it a natural bounce. My hair has a lot of movement and body after I use this shampoo. My hair is naturally wavy so it enhances it and makes me want to wear my hair naturally. It creates moveable hair that just wants to flow so lightly. If I choose to curl my hair with heat, I use this shampoo and my curls last all day. The scent of this shampoo smells so good, it has a fruity sweet smell. I love the smell the scent stays in my hair all day. I would recommend this to anybody who has curly or wavy hair. It sells at a pretty good price. They sometimes have coupons for Herbal Essences products in the newspaper or online.

This one does what it says

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

This is a go-to product for me. This one does what it says - it takes my once curly , then wavy, now mildly wavy hair and makes it remember that it's curly! Alright - it's not a day and night difference, but my hair is for sure much wavier than using a different product which is pretty impressive. I'm not totally thrilled with the scent of this, but that's not enough for me to mark it down any.

Does what it says it will do.

Is supposed to be berries. Eh. Could be better, but it's so fantastic and at a reasonable price that I don't really mind.

Delicious, Luscious, but Pricey

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

I love this shampoo, especially when paired with its accompanying conditioner, but my primary reason for deducting a couple numbers from my overall rating is the price. This is especially because it's a rather slim bottle. But if you're not on a tight budget (aka, paying your way through university), I certainly recommend it to all my curly-haired companions.

This shampoo works wonderfully well and is quite nurturing to my long, curly hair. It leaves my hair not only smelling clean, but also truly feeling clean. This is what all shampoos should, and generally do, do, but this shampoo seems exceptional at this role. It thoroughly cleans, but also washes right out when asked to do so with great ease.

This Herbal Essences shampoo smells absolutely intoxicatingly delicious!! And the scent does not disappear after rinsing it out and stepping out of the shower; it lingers all day. I, as well as those around me, notice and appreciate this.

Excellent!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

This is a shampoo that helps maintain the lushious shine that is associated with curls.

I like this product because it does clean your hair well enough to reveal the shine that is naturally present. This product defines your curls and it leaves your hair feeling very well moisturized, soft, frizz free without the overall excessive greasy shine that many products have. Your hair actually looks excellent and it does not look nasty at all after using this product.

The smell is excellent and after a perm, it made my hair look so good!

But if you want it to work extremely well, if you add the conditoner, it can make your hair super curly. This one really works and should be an alternating stample in your house hold

Scent was changed through different formulations. Before, it was a lavender type scent, but now it is more of a candy based scent that they are using. I prefer the new scent more. But both smell great

Totally twisted totally works

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo:

This shampoo is really nice for thick curly hair. It moisturizers your hair to the root so it feels soft all day long. With the conditioner, it can tend to be a bit heavy and weigh down your curls, but the shampoo is really nice. The scent is nice and light, keeping a lovely floral fragrance without being too odorous.