Other Irons:
NI-S300TR
Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron

Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron

• Safety:

Things Are Getting Steamy!

More often than not, when I wash clothes and know that they are going to need to be ironed before wearing them I hang them up in the shower so the steam can work out most of the wrinkles and creases. Even so, there are some that are too deeply ingrained in the material that you need to iron it. Irons that have a steam feature to them are easier to work with and are more versatile; you need to get something that has more wattage (like this one) if you want to use it as a hand-held steamer but I wouldn't recommend this to someone if that is all they are planning on doing with it. It is an iron first and a steamer second. This isn't heavy but if you have more than a couple of shirts to iron you are going to want to make sure that you check the water level (for the steam) on a regular basis. If you fill the reserve tank up that adds to the weight of it and can make it a little harder to use if you are pressing pants, jeans or long sleeve dress shirts. The cool down time is about six minutes; if you are someone that has to put things away as soon as you are done with them then this is a good pick because it doesn't retain heat but you need to remember to dump out the water if you are going to store it in the closet or have it tipped over.

I'm glad I returned it

I have owned a lot of irons in my life, but never really a good steam iron just mostly regular irons with the steam option. When I got tired of having to redo a pair of pants in the morning or a shirt that's delicate, I decided to go with the Panasonic 1200 watt steam iron. I had seen it in stores and online and looked at some reviews which didn't give me much advice because some were bad, some were good. I was a little skeptical with how cheap it was, but thought maybe I was just getting a good deal. Turns out my instinct was right and it was not what I thought it would be. First of all the steam option doing it vertical is terrible. I tried doing this with a lighter cotton shaul I had and it did nothing but slightly smooth out the bad wrinkles, but nothing more. Not to mention if you want to hold it up, you'd better have patients and arm strength because it is very clunky. If you just do it like a regular iron, it's no different. It didn't get out the wrinkles better and takes longer to heat up and cool down than any other iron I've used. The heat setting I didn't like either because I had to try to figure out what setting to use for heat and my clothing. The cotton control was way too hot and if I didn't notice it I would of ruined my clothes. I returned it shortly to the retailer for a full refund. Very dissatisfied and would not recommend it. The price definitely matched the service of it.

I'm glad I returned it

from Nesconset,ny

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

Cons

• Heats Slowly
    • Heavy
    • Not Effective

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

Things Are Getting Steamy!

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Irons Smooth
      • No leaks

Cons

• You have to refill it

• At Home

Cool features

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

I love the different green color of my iron. All I have ever owned is plain black or white irons and this one by Panasonic is by far prettier. My favorite feature of this iron besides how well it works, is the retractable cord. This is the only iron I've owned with this feature. It is much easier to store without a big long cord hanging all over the place. I like that it seems to heat up fairly quickly and works pretty well. I haven't owned it long so I can't really speak of the durability but it's still working fine after moderate usage. I have used it on dress pants, button up shirts, dresses, and done iron on's as well and it's worked great. The steam feature works nice too for stubborn wrinkles. I wipe my iron off after using it and the plate still looks brand new. It's not a super fancy iron but it gets the job done and you can't beat the price. I would definitely reccomended this iron to people and think everyone would appreciate the retractable cord and the results they achieve. There isn't anything I can say for a negative as far as how it works, but its definitely not made to last forever.

Easy to clean if wiped off after every use.

I don't think it's too durable but I haven't had any issues with it.

I love the design, it's cool looking and nice and neat when stored.

quilters fabric flattening friend

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

I love my iron and being a quilter I iron a lot of different shapes pieces of materials and different grains of fabric and for the small price I paid for this iron it has really over done its job with all the fabrics I have ironed with it.

This iron works great for me with all my crafting and quilting and for some fabrics I like to use the steam option on my iron to help press them. Its so easy to use and simple design makes it even easy for my kids to learn to iron and use for crafts while I supervise them.

Safety
      As with any iron it gets really hot and has to so it can do its job so using a iron is a learned safety by using it carefully.

simple to wipe down surfaces and just make sure you let it cool down before wiping any hot surfaces down.

This iron was not expensive,works great and is so easy to use. I just set the setting on what content of fabric I will be ironing and then let it heat up and press it.

this iron model is very strong and well made even for the low price I paid for it.

the simple easy design is easy to understand how to use.

Good for serious ironing

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

When ironing is really necessary, it is good to be able to trust that you are going to do the best job possible, especially when you are not good at ironing! I hate ironing, but I used this one at work when I did laundry for almost twenty people who had all sorts of garments needing to be ironed. If you like truly steaming when you iron, you will like this one.

It seems to make me look good-like I know what I am doing!

Safety
      I am one to burn myself, but this iron is well-designed for safety-the auto shut-off is a must when you are multi-tasking and forget that the iron is on.

I have only cleaned the outside of it.

You can use it easily without getting manuals out. I have been terrified more than once that I would burn someone's garment while using it, but it has performed well.

It seems like it will last forever-it is tough-its been dropped off the counter a few times.

It seems designed with a lot of thought-its easy to see how much water is in it-its temperature and fabric settings are subtle and tailored well for your needs.

Worked fine for 2 years

from NA

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

I owned a steam iron before but this brand really changed my view on steam irons. The earlier steam iron was not so good and it used to heat up often and take a long time to iron the creases on the clothes. This iron was a relief for me. I purchased it about 3 years ago and it worked fine for about 2 years. It comes with a 6-ounce water tank a rubber-grip handle and retractable cord reel. It is tough to operate and one needs to be very careful while operating it. It is not so heavy as well compared to the earlier iron I used to use which was very heavy to catch and iron the clothes.

After two years, it did not work so fine and so I got it replaced. The wire of the iron got worn out and every time I used to iron, I used to get shocks and also the iron used to heat up a lot if it is kept ON for over 10 minutes. The 1200-watt iron did not give trouble for two years because of which I recommend this brand but like every other iron, it does not have a long durability. The warranty is also only for a year as other irons.

Best Iron I've Owned!

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

I purchased this iron about two years ago to replace a not so great iron that kept getting junky and nasty on the faceplate. I actually didn't realize that Panasonic made irons, but I'm happy to report that they do, and this iron is fantastic!

A big selling point for me was the retractable cord. It might seem like a simple thing, but it's so convenient not to have to wind it up every time you put it away. It also makes it possible to stick this thing pretty much anywhere when storing it-- no long gangly cords to worry about!

I'd say on average, I've used this iron 5-6 days a week since I've gotten it. I'm a bit of a wrinkle-phobic when it comes to my clothes, and I also use it for work (I'm a prop artist and I often bring my work home with me-- this includes working with fabrics of all kinds.)

When loaded with water, this thing makes tons of steam, and after spritzing fabric down, will remove wrinkles from pretty much anything. I use the cotton setting by far the most, but I've ironed polyester, satin, and silk at lower settings with no incidents. I've also worked on projects that included fabric glue and stitch witchery, and while those would junk up and scorch on my previous irons, this faceplate is just completely nonstick. I did burn a weird bit of plasticky fabric one time, and it melted to the plate-- but one swipe with a magic eraser and it was gone!

It does get very hot. To me, that's a great thing. Just be careful. It also has a safety feature that shuts it off after about 10 minutes of non-use. (As far as I can tell, non use means not turning it horizontal to iron.) It can get a little annoying for me, since I have marathon ironing sessions, but I imagine for most people, they'd rarely if ever even notice it.

I actually love this iron so much that I only fill it with purified water, and wipe it down after every use. Maybe a little crazy, but it takes care of me, and I take care of it, lol. I recommend this iron 100%!

• Safety:

This iron is a must have!

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

This steam iron by Panasonic is just awesome. Once again, Panasonic have wowed me with their product. This iron is very nice and smooth on clothes. It doesn't burn your clothes or tear them apart. It is great for silky clothes and clothes that are a little more delicate. It doesn't destroy them and keeps them nice and smooth. It has a heavy use so it works quickly and efficiently. The performance standard of this is very well. It literally is a miracle worker and gets the clothes ironed in no time at all. It is also very safe for children. Just make sure to unplug it after you are done using it. It cools down in a short amount of time after it is unplugged, making it safe for kids. It is so easy to clean. You literally only have to clean it like 5-6 times a month. It doesn't get dirty very quickly so that saves a lot of time. It is also very easy to use and durable. It is going to go a long way. I totally recommend this inexpensive iron to anyone who needs a new steam iron!

Panasonic 1200 Watt Steam Iron - Great Value

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

When our old iron stopped working unexpectedly, I searched for one that would work well, but wouldn't cost a fortune. The Panasonic 1200 Watt Steam Iron fit the bill, and has turned out to be the perfect find for us.

In addition to ironing my husband's dress shirts and routine household ironing, I have also used this iron for sewing and crafting needs, and have been very pleased with it for every use.

The settings are accurate, so you can use this iron for your very low temperature or high temperature needs. The steaming feature also works very well, and does not leave large drops of water like other irons. Another great feature is the automatic shut-off, so if you or your family members are forgetful, you don't need to worry about the dangers of a hot iron being left on all day.

My very favorite thing about this iron is the retractable cord. Just push a button and the cord zips back inside the iron pretty quickly. With young children at home, this is a perk that I really love!

Great Iron.

Comments about Panasonic 1200-Watt Steam Iron:

Works great, heats up fast and has several steam functions and what I like best is the cord.No problems! Love it! So far I love this iron and I will be able to judge better after I see how long it is going to function without problems of spitting and sputtering. I use only filtered water in my irons. I also like Panasonic products. I like the steam settings and the pointed tip which makes it easier to iron around buttons. I also like the stored cord and the titanium coated plate. Also does a great job ironing.