3.2
LG-VX9800M
Palm Treo 700w Smartphone

Palm Treo 700w Smartphone

3.2

Palm Treo 700: My lifeline!

Love this phone. I have the **Palm Treo 700w Smartphone **and it has become my lifeline. The email, the internet access, I can't pick my favorite. First let me start with the basics of this phone. Just imputing my contacts in was impressive. It is like having my address book with me at all times. I have 200+ contacts in this phone because I went through my entire address book and imputed it in. There is places in the contacts for everyones address, emails, and all phone numbers. I'm a stay at home mom so I'm not running a company but I kind of feel conected in that way by having this phone. One feature I use rather freaquently is if you look up a phone number using the internet access you can just take the stylist and touch the phone number and it will call that number for you. Very neat! I really like the internet access and email capablities of this smartphone. I rarely have problems connecting to the internet. I also have my emails set to update every 15 minuets so it is so convient to have my emails incoming. Some problems I have encountered is the touch screan is very touchy. It can freeze up easily. Not for the kids to play with that is for sure! Overall I love this phone and it has become my lifeline!

If you use this phone, you are living in the past!

Ok, I originally got this phone for free. Then, the thing shattered into a million pieces (my fault) and I was stupid enough to buy the same phone again. Don't waste your time with this phone; it is horrible compared to other smart phones on the market. You are better off walking around with a rotary phone and a roladex!

**THE GOOD**

- **Outlook integration** - is able to effectively integrate with Exchange for Contacts, Calendar and Tasks

- **Keyboard** - has a nice little qwerty that is pretty easy to use.

- **Didn't die** - I owned an 800w that died from a Palm update. I would like to say that this phone is a slight improvement as it didn't die during the MANUFACTURER'S update.

**THE BAD**

- **Form factor **- is big, bulky and heavy. Also has a NASTY, HUGE antenna sticking out of the top of it.

- **Operating System** - runs the archaic Windows Mobile 6.1 OS. And it can't be upgraded to 6.5. You should know what this means - no apps, no thrills, no nothing!

- **Slow and laggy **- is constantly freezing, requiring many hard and soft resets. Got an issue? Oop. Let me take my battery out again. Ok, I'm back. Nope, let me take the battery out again.?? C'mon!!

**OVERALL**

Don't waste your time. Your time is too valuable to be wasted on this device. Get a Droid or an iPhone, or get out of the smart phone game altogether.

If you use this phone, you are living in the past!

from Bellevue, WA

**THE GOOD**

- **Keyboard** - has a nice little qwerty that is pretty easy to use.

**THE BAD**

**OVERALL**

Palm 700wx is pricey but priceless once you get it

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

Overall this is a great phone! Very easy to use and has many useful features. Although sometimes it does require a reset...but well worth it when you figure all you get. Seamless integration with an exchange server (email, contacts, calendar) makes it indespensible for work. But this does make it difficult to hide from the office when they are trying to find you! It could use just a few minor tweaks, but for most of the things I have wanted, I have been able to find with specific 3rd party applications. Transfer rates are exceptionally fast if you are in a good coverage area! Although I do with the phone was slightly smaller...I would recommend this phone to anyone who needs to keep in touch with the office.

I will never own another phone other than a palm

from Roswell, NM

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

This phone is everything you could ever want in a mini computer and it is easy to use. Everything is touch screen and easily accessable. I will never purchase anything other than a palm phone ever again

replacement phone just as lousy and tempermental

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

This thing has been nothing but trouble.  Lousy phone, even in the Sprint store.  Tempermental (tiny)buttons. Sprint replaced the first one.  The second one was just as bad so I think its poor design not that I got a bad example.

Great PDA product but a little limited as a phone.

from Moriarty, NM

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

It beats the other Palm organizers hands-down! I love the touch screen and Office Mobile. The resolution is very clear, not grainy or blurry. Not a large variety of add-on programs and it's a little hard to navigate the settings. Biggest drawback is it's not easily personalized with very few options. It's a little over-priced so I wouldn't recommend it as a phone but definitely as a PDA.

If you are on Sprint and use Gmail, this phone is worthless

from Rockville, MD

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

This phone is worthless to a Gmail user who uses Sprint for cell service.  Gmail does not work properly with the phone so Gmail has to be forwarded to PCS Mail and then to the phone, which is fine except that PCS Mail has such low storage that it has to be emptied often.  Even trashed emails count against storage.  But because this phone won't connect with Sprint.com, you can't empty the PCS Mail from it, and you must use a computer.  Thisis the worst piece of junk I have ever been hoodwinked into buying.  Sprint should be ashamed to use it.

Great for the person on the run

from Canton, MI

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

It is nice when I'm out of the office it is great to keep up with emails and appointments.  However with the keyboard exposed, I find my cheek hit a button and I am three way calling someone.  You will also need to keyguard your phone otherwise you make phone calls that you didn't intend to call.  It occassionally freezes and you have to take the battery out to reset.  All in all, I am satisfied with the phone.  With its key board it easy to text and send emails.

I wish I never converted from Palm OS.

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

I have always been a Palm owner, and when I was able to have my PDA and cell phone in one I rushed out and bought a Treo 650 OS.  I did have just a few problems with the 650, but was much happier with the 650 than the 700W.  Please consider the differences between the two operating systems, especially if you are use to the OS operating system verse the windows system.

Good, if you use all the functions

from Hopkinsville, KY

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

Although, I have no choice in what kind of phone I get or the service plan since work pays for it, I have enjoyed our service, and really like this phone.  We have to track data at outreach sites, and the phone has the software to do it.  My co workers and I have to stay in steady contact with each other, usually through text  or voicemails, and the qwerty keyboard is great for that.  The touch screen works well, and it is durable as I have dropped it quite a few times.  The calender function is essential to my daily work schedule, and being able to beam, bluetooth, or hotsync my information with my coworkers, is a big help too.

Great Product!!

from Natalia, TX

Comments about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone:

This phone has great features.. the features that are great in the calendar and contacts section on the phone. The calendar is great for people that need reminders of activities on a daily basis. The contact have great information such as personal information or account information. The only problem I have with the phone is if you have any event but don't have a time you have to use "All Day Event". Also, if you have a phone that is made of alpha they don't have the letters on the buttons such as ABC=1, DEF=2 etc... The phone is good for people that like to sync with their desktop. I currently sync with Microsoft Outlook and it sync my calender, tasks, notes, email and contacts. The internet works at a good speed but some websites you can not access due to low grade explorer.