Other Smartphones:

HTC Surround Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

HTC 7 surround - great new smartphone.

I am a Bzzagent and was lucky enough to get the opportunity to this phone for free!   The AT&T HTC Surround Windows 7 Phone is a very well designed phone with many convenient, simple fun and complicated features.  Overall this consumer would highly recommend it to a friend.  It makes a very good “fun” phone or business phone.  A simple yet effective way to keep tabs on all of your friends or clients, you simply sync all of your contacts to all of their profiles.  The HTC surround is a great device in its responsive touch screen and ability to pin and customize your home screen.  However as with all technology, certain aspects could be refined to make better.  Occasionally for reasons I’ve yet to discover other than random, the touch screen will not respond when you unlock it, causing you to re-lock and then again unlock it, to solve the issue.  Very minor.  In addition, the newer the technology the slower they seem to respond.  My first phone with data, NOT a smart phone, took about three seconds to pull up a web page.  Now with Wi-Fi connection I cannot manage to pull up facebook in much less than thirty seconds.  Not to mention if you want to load more, it takes longer each time.  A minor irritation, but a nuisance just the same.  The only other problem which will be solved over time, is the limited apps.  Example, angry birds has YET to be released, however is in development, among a few other highly common and favored apps, that within a few months, I’m certain will be released for the new Windows Phone.

However there are several more important draw backs linked to the phone that unfortunately HTC has no control over.  They made a phone with surround sound, which plays incredibly great and easy to listen to, plenty loud enough for what you’d expect from a phone that claims to have surround sound.  Which is great! If you’re showing off YOUR videos or YOUR music.  AT&T has severely limited the data plans for the consumer, whether it’s for business or pleasure.  With any data phone, as a consumer it’s annoying enough that all the good “apps” charge.  However, now we can only download so much, unless we are in a Wi-Fi zone, due to AT&T’s limited data plans.  No longer are unlimited data plans available for anyone switching plans or newly acquiring smart phones with AT&T.  While this may not be ideal, we can surely wait to get home or to a Wi-Fi zone to do any mass downloading.  However for those who use Pandora you have approximately three hours, per MONTH of streaming music, less than an hour of streaming video, that’s less than most TV shows that people are looking to watch.

In conclusion I HIGHLY recommend the HTC Surround Windows 7 Phone, however I also HIGHLY encourage the consumer to get a HTC Windows 7 Phone with an alternate carrier, considering the main reason for a “smartphone” existing is now crippled due to AT&T’s choice to limit their data plans.

HTC Surround is a cool phone but has issues.

This phone has a lot of great features. The surround sound is pretty cool and you can tell the difference - great for a phone. It has ample storage space for pictures and music. It is also handy to be able to access Microsoft programs like Office on the phone. Set up is easy and it will link your e-mails to one place so you can sync everything at once. On the downside, I have had many glitches with this phone. It freezes up for no apparant reason, the microphone stops working intermittently, and there are not as many apps available for a windows phone.

Good transition from classic Windows mobile to touch

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

This was my first touch screen phone after avoiding it for years by sticking with classic Windows mobile phones like the Blackjack, Blackjack II, and Jack from Samsung. I like having the tight integration into Microsoft Exchange without needing special services from things like Blackberry Enterprise Server. HTC has made a good quality hardware device and the Windows Phone 7 OS is superb. Tiles are really the way to go, especially for people with large hands.

The only negative is that developers haven't picked up Windows mobile platforms like they have for iOS and Android, so app selection is somewhat limited for lagging.

The sound quality is great as well, and I have used the kickstand to watch Netflix movies while traveling.

Display/Screen Quality
For the Windows Phone 7 devices, the display quality is excellent and easily surpassed the screen quality on any iPhone at the time.

• Call Quality:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

This is the second htc phone we have owned. Obviously we like them since we purchased a second, newer model. The ease of use is great, but it helps that we owned an older model prior.

Battery Life
I noticed with our first one that the battery life is not the greatest, this one is better.

Display/Screen Quality
These smart phones continue to amaze me, really great quality.

Call Quality
Even while using this phone in the car the clairty is really great.

I think this is easy to use but, it is the second one I've owned.

I have a case and screen protector, which I would advise.

I like the design of this phone. It is a little bigger and easier to use while texting, my husband really likes the size since he has large fingers.

Love it

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

I love my windows smart phone was so excited when I bought it, I love the slide out keyboard have always wanted a phone with one and I don't like the touch screen keyboard. I have no complaints about this phone other than I wish it was waterproof! My son ruined the first one I had on the second day by throwing it in the sink!

• Call Quality:

HTC Surround is a cool phone but has issues.

from Holly, MI

Great Windows Phone

from York, PA

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

Tough phone, bad battery life, connects to wifi easily, good for non-techy people

Battery Life
Being a media-centric phone, the short battery life is very disappointing.

Display/Screen Quality
No complaints about the screen. Decent size, touch response is great, very clear images.

I've dropped it more than once and have only surface damage, the phone works well!

Looking good with HTC

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

I love this phone. It has windows and excel spreadsheets. I love that you can link a phone with a # and even put birthdays and other special occuations on the contracts. I just was reminded of a friends Birthday and was able to answer the phone with Happy Birthday. I would have felt bad talking to them, not mentioning their Birthday and remembering later. It reall made me look good!

HTC 7 Surround Wp7 Not revolutionary but still amazing !

from Washington Court House, OH

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

When I begain searching for a new phone I was checking all the latest operating systems availiable to the moble market.

As of writing there are currently 3 major aplications Android, Apple iOS and Windows 7.

When I first heard about Wp7 I didn't exactly bite, because it is new and I was sure there would be bugs to work out.

However, I do view myself as an early adopter and thus I went forward and purchased the HTC 7 Surround.

Its smooth design includes a large dolby surround speaker with kick stand perfect for watching Zune or Netflix videos instantly over either WiFi or 3g ( Sorry no 4g ). It also has XBox live functions built right in so you can check on your friends earn achivements all while on the go...if thats your thing. If its not, I'd stick it our a while and pick up the HTC inspire as WP isnt marketed towards you.

easy to use

from Gold Canyon, AZ

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

I got this phone when it first came out, and I absolutely love it! Windows phone 7 is great, it's a major update from 6.5. Even if you had been using 6.5, you will like the new improvement. If you haven't used WIndows phone before, you'll be luck because it's very easy to use. I especially like the tile screen where everything I want is just on the home screen for easy access. It's not a complicated phone like Android or iPhone, but still has many great features. This phone just work. HTC is also a great company, all their phones are really stylish. This phone supposely comes with surround sound, but to me the sound quality isn't that big of an improvement. I don't use my phone to listen to music that much anyway. You basically slide the phone up to activate surround sound, it also has a kickstand so you get set it just like the picture shows. Not much customization can be done on the phone, you can't really add other shortcuts to the home screen. Other than that, it's a great phone that just work!

Love this phone!!!!!

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

This phone is awsome!!! It is my first smartphone and I am so glad I made this choice. It is easy to use, has great apps, quick responce, incredible picture quality. The only drawback is the battery life...but that can be remedied by purchasing a better battery. Definitely worth the investment.

Loving this Smartphone!

from Trinity, TX

Comments about HTC Surround Smartphone:

I have to say that I was thinking about getting a smartphone when I was invited to join the HTC Surround Windows 7 phone campaign with Bzzagent.  . A chance to try one out for free!!No matter where I go, just using this phone gets attention and questions epecially form others like I was who have yet to upgrade to a smartphone.I love the Start Page with the Live Tiles that easily let me navigate my way around. I can easily check the Live Tiles and find out whether I have any calls and voice mails, texts, or emails without having to open the app.I like being able to access the internet via the 3G network or the option of wi-fi from my phone.plus having Windows 7 for the OS and the ability to integrate Zune and XBOX Live if I chose to.  The HTC Surround™ also includes access to AT&T U-verse Mobile, an app that allows all U-verse TV customers to schedule and manage their DVR recordings and download and watch hit TV shows, right from their smartphone. So if you are an AT&T U-verse customer that is an extra added bonus of this particuloar phone for you.The 5 MP camera with autofocus and flash has gotten a real workout and it is so easy to upload and share pictures and videos.  Lots of pictures and video have been shared with family, much more than before.And speaking of videos, it is so easy to watch videos and movies on the phone. The Dolby surround sound pop-up speakers are great and make it a totally new experience via the smartphone.So far I'm loving the HTC Surround Windows 7 smartphone.
Of course, there are a few drawbacks.  The battery life is not great, only 2 days but it does recharge very quickly.  Set-up is easy but it was difficult to remove the back of the phone to insert the sims card and battery.  I'm still getting used to cleaning the touchscreen but it is getting easier for me.