Other Smartphones:

Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

Great windows phone. the best out there for what it's worth

Pros: solid design, proper screen size, great loudspeakers, amazing camera, well implemented MS OS. Great features too such as NFC, distinctive touch sensitivity behind a cloth gloves... etc. Read complete review

Cons: regular background apps like WhatsApp, Skype, and Viber glitch during calls and texting especially if you wanna switch to another application quickly "like taking a quick note or snapping a photo"... Android devices don't struggle in simple multitasking at all. This does!

Operating system is a "square thing".. full of similar squares. Too simplified menus make it look boring, I see it too practical and very usable

Bottom line, this system needs some updates to get the glitches off and perhaps add some more customizable options for the user.

Battery Life
18 hours with texting, average of 30 minute calls, also 10 to 20 photos taken, and listening to an album or less.

This is the kind of device that you would consider getting an external batter case for if you wanna go out camping or find yourself stuck in a school project for an extensive amount of time!

Also, carry the micro-usb cable with you... just in case!

Display/Screen Quality
Great screen, vivid colors and the quality is out of this world.

Call Quality
Can't tell what this "call quality" really means... since all phones have built-in hardware nice reduction chips as well as voice samplers to boost up sound quality as a standard feature in any phone in the market!

It gets the job done

In case the quality is referred to the music playback quality, well then Nokia has done a pretty darn good job with its proprietary mixer + Dolby system... sound quality turns you into a dancing banana in public

The reason why I'm giving this evaluation 5 is that Microsoft did a great job by auto sorting applications to their related ones. In other words, if you want the HDR app to snap photos, you don't need to go through the app drawer looking for it for 2 minutes, you also don't need to click on search button and type down the name of the app if you're in a hurry. Just press the shutter button, click "lenses", and choose HDR lens from within the camera app, and start shooting!

Also, voice recognition is amazing... that is, tell this phone to open an app and it will, even if you call the app with a different related name such as "Open... news" to open "USA TODAY"... and if you have more than one app, it'll give you an option list to choose from... good stuff on the go...

I never missed a single shot with its super fast Sutter camera, crystal clear stuff!

I also don't know what "durability" really means but if it means hardware material, it's plastic... it'll survive for a year in a woman's purse (minding the usable shattered LCD as usual with every woman)... and it will last for at least 5 years until it becomes totally obsolete... maybe less depending on how frequent Nokia and Samsung release newer phones with godly features!

It's got a really distinctive design, the edges help getting a proper grip on it... unlike the HTC 8X that tends to slide off the hand like a wet soap... also, the location of the keys is universal.. that is, the right side of the phone has the shutter button, the volume control, and the power button... although I'm quite disappointed with the ordinary clickie power button that Nokia preferred over their really remarkable sliding lock button in their Symbian phones back in the days. This button would keep on clicking inside your pocket and the phone would eventually go dumb on you.

Screen touch buttons at the lower side are familiar.. exactly similar to the 2.2 Android devices... back, home, and search buttons... other than that, it's a practical brick!

I would buy it to complete my Windowss' mate to work anywhe

I found it good looking and professional in Windows Apps exactly as in Pcs'. But for the Android users they will find it a little bit hard to use. I will recommend it for Windowss' users their Jobs depending on the windows programs of their Pcs like programmers.

I would buy it to complete my Windowss' mate to work anywhe

from Sanaa , Yemen

About Me Business Professional

Pros

• Battery Life
  • Camera
  • It's beautiful shape
  • Operating System
  • WiFi

Cons

• Difficult To Customize
  • Screen
  • Speaker Quality
  • Web Browsing

• Camera

• Camera Features, Easy To Use, Good Quality, Video Recording

Phone you can rely on!

from Corvallis, OR

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

I was so excited to get this phone (unlocked from Amazon) and it never made my excitement fade away! except from the fast draining battery life and occasional glitches of "sleeping or non-responsiveness", it is perfect! I love the screen and color quality. Windows 8 gives the best of both words, being able to connect and access your documents from your skydrive (OneDrive now), store your pictures. I am really looking forward for the more apps to use this phone without sacrificing the battery life!
Phone is designed perfectly and sound and picture qualities are fabulous. I am an avid photographer and always carry my DSLR to shoot pictures in RAW mode. Having this phone in my hand, made me not use my DSLR..
Especially the low light night photography is amazing.. not grainy features (back camera) and truly reliable. Nokia has tons of its apps and must use them!

Battery Life
really bad! if you are using bluetooth to connect to your car, location service.. Must install a new app which suggests you from time to time that you are using up your battery faster..

Really great smartphone

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

My husband has this phone, so I use it sometimes. Compared to my own Nokia Lumia 800, this Nokia Lumia 920 has been improved in pretty much all of the areas I had complaints about with the Nokia Lumia 800. The Nokia Lumia 920 has a bigger (and also better) screen, so the keyboard is not too small and it is easy to use for texting etc. Furthermore, the screen does not scratch or break easily for being a smartphone. The phone is pretty to look at, and at the same time, it feels good in your hand. We have had nothing to complain about concerning call quality, and the battery life is decent for a smartphone. One of the best features of this smartphone is probably the camera, which is really, really good! The one down side is that the phone is a Windows phone, and hence, still has fewer apps available than e.g. iPhone or Android smartphones.

Awesome screen quality!

It is a beautiful phone.

• Call Quality:

A great phone, but it may not be for everyone.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

I've used this model of Lumia for a few months now and I really like it, I feel like it's a formidable competitor for the iPhone and higher level Androids. The only reason I would say that it may not be the best option for everyone is that there are still a pretty substantial number of popular apps that are unavailable for the windows operating system.

Battery Life
I feel like it's the same as any other smart phone in that it depends on how much your using it in a day and especially how long you're using wifi, as that drains the battery pretty quickly. When I charge it overnight I never have trouble having it last for the whole next day though.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is great! It's huge and the quality would be comparable to the iPhone any day.

I found it all to be pretty self explanatory. The home screen has the icons for all the apps you want and you can make them smaller or larger depending on what you want.

• Call Quality:

Still going strong a year later.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

I've been using this phone for a year at this point, and I have no complaints with it. It still receives updates, runs all apps in the marketplace, has a very good battery, and is overall functional and snappy.

Battery Life
Would receive a 10, but Windows Phone 8 originally had some growing pains. When the platform first launched, processes frequently got "stuck" and drained the battery. This doesn't seem to happen any more, so the battery makes it through a day of heavy use fairly comfortably. Wireless charging is also very nice.

Display/Screen Quality
Beautiful screen with excellent outdoor visibility and great viewing angles.

Call Quality
As with almost all modern smartphones, this device offers excellent call quality. The noise reducing microphone works very well.

Windows Phone 8 is incredibly intuitive. Even my aunt (who is in her 60s) is able to use the operating system very well.

This phone is built like a tank. Mine has been abused (unintentionally) to no end without a case. The only wear on the device is in the matte finish - it has become more "smooth" from wear from friction.

Beautiful design. One of the earlier phones that truly showed what Nokia intended for its Lumia line to look like

Amazing camera

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

I've had this phone for almost a year and it is still wonderful. The OS is still as quick and responsive as the day I got it. I love having a dedicated camera button and the pictures come out great. I have taken more and better pictures with this phone than my point and shoot.

Battery Life
It lasted for over 24 hours for the first few months I owned it but I use it so much now that I get about 12-15 hours.

Display/Screen Quality
The direct sunlight mode makes seeing the screen easy anywhere.

Call Quality
I have no problem hearing what the other person says and it has been an improvement on their end too.

I didn't have any problem using the phone and getting my home screen set up. The double tap to unlock is very handy. The lock screen can show a quick snapshot of certain apps that have updates and one detailed snapshot. I use the calendar app as my detailed and it shows upcoming meetings for work.

I haven't dropped this phone but from daily use the screen does not have any scratches.

Amazing device.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

Even after a year, this device doesn't feel old. While many devices leave you wanting an upgrade after a year, this one remains snappy and capable.

Battery Life
Windows Phone 8 experienced some growing pains with processes getting "stuck" and draining battery, but they've since been resolved. Battery easily makes it through the day under heavy use.

Display/Screen Quality
Beautiful display. Extremely bright, perfectly readable in direct sunlight. Excellent viewing angles, as well.

Call Quality
As expected with any modern smartphone, this device sounds great. Speakerphone is quite loud, as well.

Windows Phone is very intuitive. The device has received several updates since it was launched, and is scheduled to continue receiving updates - Nokia and Microsoft have been good about supporting the device.

My device has neither a case, nor a screen protector. It has been dropped down stairs, onto concrete, and otherwise abused to an absurd degree. If you saw it, you'd never guess any of these things happened.

Follows Nokia's standard design language. I'm personally a fan, but the device does have quite a large bezel when compared to more recent devices.

Camera phone

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

I purchased this phone because of the 41 mega pixel camera. It took a while to get used to because I have been using iPhones for so long but once I did I was very impressed. The layout is clean, easy to navigate, multiple colors to choose from and decent ring tones. Swiping on the phone is very responsive and has different levels of sensitivity. I have had no trouble with losing service and all calls have come through loud and clear. I do wish the battery life was longer but I think I would say that with just about any phone.

This phone has the best camera phone I have ever used. The Nokia Lumia 920 takes amazing pictures and allows clean zoom and many photo options. There is also built in photo editing apps so you can easily touch up photos.

With a great range of apps to choose from I am all around pleased with the purchase. I would recommend this phone to anyone who takes a lot of pictures and is ready for the windows operating system.

• Call Quality:

Slick new smartphone for our generation!

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

This phone is up to date with all of the new technology. It's very easy to use, has many great features, unique app selections, and more. Calling and texting has never been easier, and it is quite easy to navigate from place to place on the phone while texting, calling, playing games, etc.

Battery Life
The battery life is probably its weakest point. It charges rather quickly, but that speaks for how long it lasts. You can get about a day of battery life on a night's charge, which isn't super impressive compared to some other phones.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen quality is gorgeous! It's nice little window blocks make it easy to navigate amongst all of the features and apps, and the resolution is crystal clear.

Call Quality
I have never had an issue with calls. I always have a great signal, and I can always hear the other person crisp and clear. The speaker phone works well, you can go do others things while on a call, and it's overall awesome quality.

Simply easy! As stated before, easy navigation, easy texts, easy calls, easy fun!

Another slight downside of this phone - the screen cracks very easily. If dropped, this phone does take some damage. As long as you take care of it, there should be no issues.

The design is very innovative, and the Windows operating system is very unique. This is definitely the product to go to if you're looking for something slick and new!

LOVE this phone

Comments about Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone:

The phone is very easy to use and I love the camera. Windows has really improved! The app store lacks the selection of other operating systems, but there are some fun useful apps! The phone also has great call quality and easy messaging. It is fun and easy to use. I recommend the phone to all.

Long life