Other Manual Toothbrushes:
Oral-B Toothbrush

Oral-B Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

Not only recommended by dentist, but by me too!

I am an Oral-B toothbrush user. Maybe it is because that is the brand I get when I go to the denstist, maybe it is the coupons my dentist has at his office, or maybe it is just that I know quality when I use it. When I go to the dentist they give me what I call the classic; just good quality bristles on a tootbrush that doesn't hurt my gums and isn't too big for my mouth. I like that toothbrush good enough, it gets the job done and I can't complain. However, when I buy my own toothbrush I buy the Oral-B croos action tooth brush, and recently the one with the whitening "cups." I am very much into oral hygiene, but I often forget to floss, so it is important that my toothebruch be able to reach hard-to-reach places. I will say I just use the bristles to brush my tongue, instead of the tongue cleaner on the back side of the toothbrush, so that is a waste to me. As far as the whitening cups, the package says they hold toothpaste there so it works harder to whiten teether. I was curious so I would preiodically look at my toothbrush to see if there truly was a pocket of toothpaste in the cups, but I really didn't see a difference, there was toothpaste all over my toothbursh. I had to use a colgate toothbrush once and my mouth felt dirty all day until I got home to use my own Oral-B brush. Let's just say I have been using Oral-B brushes since middle school and I am curently in college and I have not had a cavity in more than 5 years. I also like that I can go longer than some cheaper brands without having to replace my brush. The bristles do not flatten out.

This will rip bad gums to shreds.

I admit that I have not always been good about flossing daily.  I think I only flossed about twice a year until I was ten.  This toothbrush naturally appealed to my lazy attitude toward flossing because it has little electronic flossers built right in!  Yeah, right.  I took this toothbrush home, and that night, decided that I would try out my new dental operater.  Well, this particular purchase had to have been the worst one I'd made in a few months anyway.  I put the toothpaste on it, ran cold water over it for half-a-second, and put it in my mouth.  I pressed the button on the toothbrush.  It began raking these little plastic tines -- that were SHARP -- across my unhappy gums.  I screamed while the toothbrush was still in motion.  As a person who greatly enjoys the practice of teeth-brushing, I was of course moving my hand that held my new toothbrush back and forth, etc., etc., just as I would have with a manual brush.  Maybe that was my mistake; I don't know.  What I do know is that before I'd finished brushing my teeth that night -- and I know this because I only got about a quarter of the way through brushing when I couldn't take it anymore and swiched implements -- I had sliced my gums on the bottom of the left side of my mouth to ribbons.  I almost cried, it hurt so bad.

Oral-B Manual Toothbrush(es)

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Functional
  • Great Design
  • Soft Bristles

Cons

• Poor Quality

• Everyday
  • Travel

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I really like the Oral-B Manual TB. I bought the toothbrushes by the dozen for two reasons. Why buy toothbrushes every couple of months when it is time to replace them? And it was definitely cheaper to buy in bulk (online). However, I did notice this time, as opposed to the first time I bought them in bulk, that the stem of the toothbrush is more slender. Not hard to hold, but just less weight and it just seems a bit cheaper in quality. I don't think I am imagining it as I compared it with the prior brush I had (and just threw out because I got the replacements) and the quality was just not the same. I will continue to use Oral-B, but I am going to keep my eye on the quality for future purchases. I may or may not purchase them again. The price was right, but really at what cost? The bristles seem just as good and effective.

Lasts a long time!

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

Out of habit, I always replace my toothbrush every three months, but was pleasantly surprised by the Oral-B Toothbrush. The bristles are strong and they did not fray at all during the whole three months that I used them. They did a good job at removing some of the plaque from my teeth that other brushes have left behind. These toothbrushes are easy to find in store and come in a variety of colors and "firmness". I highly recommend trying the Oral-B toothbrushes!

Oral-B Toothbrush Does Great Job On Plaque

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I like this product very much. A great soothing feeling, and makes my mouth feel fresh and clean every time I use it. The grip on the handle lets you grasp, and hold on to it while your focusing on brushing the certain areas inside your mouth.I've been using this toothbrush for years, and it just gets better. Oral B is always coming out with different products. This toothbrush gets into the areas where I couldn't reach with my old brushes. The bristles are gentle on my teeth, and gums. My dentist always gives me a brush whenever I go to my appointment. I grew up using this toothbrush. Oral B has been around for many years. When I go to the market, I go straight to the isle where the Oral B brushes are. The different colors are lovely to choose from, and I always purchase more than one. Oral B will always be the first thing on my list. I trust this product, and will continue to purchase it.

Great quality, highly recommended

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I always purchased this toothbrush and wouldn't use anything else prior to switching to electric models several years ago (only at my dentist's recommendation), and I was always very pleased with the quality and design. This tootbrush offers excellent cleaning performance along with a nicely balanced size and bristles that are always comfortable and durable.

I especially like the handle design, shaped perfectly for my hand and very comfortable to hold, it fits well into the mouth. I specifically need to use a compact head with soft bristles and was always more than pleased with the comfort and performance, it wasn't too large for my mouth, cleaned the teeth well, and didn't scratch my gums. The handle colors are always fun and appealing, and there is always a nice variety to choose from.

The price point is good and well worth paying for. If I still used a manual brush I'd still be buying them!

Nothing special

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I was in need of a toothbrush for use just to bring out of town and whatnot so I wouldn't lose my electric toothbrush. I mostly picked it because it's Oral-B and I heard that dentist recommend this brand. It's an okay brush, nothing fantastic or special, just a regular toothbrush. It's not a bad brush or anything, just does what it's suppose to do without the bristles becoming soft too fast are coming out of place. It served it's purpose and if I ever needed an extra brush for spending time out of town or sleeping out somewhere other than my home I'd repurchase. I'm not in a rush to throw it out, it's up to more good uses after using it after I returned home. I might consider buying a few for guest that may happen to spend the night or something at my home just in case they've forgotten their's. Overall this could be a good everyday tooth brush for some, I just prefer electric at the moment.

Oral B is a Wonderful Toothbrush

from Brimfield, MA

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

My entire family and I use Oral B Manual toothbrushes and have been using them for years. I grew up using Oral B and continue to use them because they do a wonderful job on my teeth. These toothbrushes are sized to fit and I can choose my bristle type -- and I prefer medium. They have a nice reach and scrub my teeth -- and really get in between my teeth without missing a space. I like to replace my brushes every three months, but my Oral B always still look so new I feel like I am throwing out a loyal soldier, but I love that feeling of excitement I get when I am opening my new packet of Oral B! Speaking from experience, Oral B brushes are good for use on children and adults and in fact, they make a version specifically for kids, but I use the regular brushes for my kids (ages 10 and 11). These brushes are available at my local supermarkets, my local drug stores and on-line like at Amazon.com. You can expect a price range in between 1.00 and 3.00 depending on sale prices and coupons.

Trusted Brand

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I have long been a user of Oral-B products. The Oral-B Toothbrush is a high quality toothbrush that does not wear down quickly. I personally used the soft-bristled brush, as recommended by my dentist.
I like the shape of the head of the toothbrush. I feel that it covers the entire surface area of my teeth. The variated bristles are wonderful for reaching in between my teeth and back into the corners of my mouth. The only thing is that I would like a bit more flexibility in the brush. The grip is comfortable and does not slip out of my hands even if they are wet.
Oral-B makes whole line of toothbrushes with loads of options to choose from. I love this simple toothbrush with no frills and no fuss. The bristles gently massage my gums, which is key for improving overall gum healthy by promoting circulation.
Using this toothbrush regularly keeps my mouth feeling clean and healthy in between dental visits.

Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Pro-Flex Toothbrush

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I just had to buy a new toothbrush since my new kitten jumped up on my bathroom sink and got a hold of my other toothbrush. I had previously seen a commercial for the new Oral - B Pro Flex manual toothbrush so I decided to get that one. I ended up getting the Pro Flex with soft bristles. So far it's a wonderful toothbrush. It really gets in all the crevices. On the Pro Flex toothbrush the bristles have a little give to them. They are located on two individual flex pads on the toothbrush so when you brush it gives a little. This toothbrush doesn't have those little rubber nubs on the side of the bristles, thank goodness. I would totally recommend this toothbrush. It gives a great clean and feels good on my gums.

Oral-B is the way to go!

from Albany, NY

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I used to use electric toothbrushes along with the rest of the family but I never likes the feel of them. It leaves me feeling unbrushed and not squeaky clean. I also found that my dentist finds cavities the years I had used an electric toothbrush but as soon as I had switched back to this normal manual Oral B toothbrush, I have never had another cavity! I usually like the medium bristle over the soft or hard just because they are not too flimsy or too rough on the teeth. I brush at least 2 times a day now and my teeth are looking good!

Clean Teeth make me SMILE

from Kendall, WI

Comments about Oral-B Toothbrush:

I like using this product because I have MS and it makes brushing teeth easy and

convenient to use. It is a very needed tool for people who have trouble controlling a regular toothbrush or grip one. I feel much better being in control of its handle and

able to change brushes easily when needed.  I have used Oral-B products for several years now and will continue to do so for many more years to come!  It also retains it's charge for a very long time.  I would never go back to a regular toothbrush.  I have told my children and my grandchildren about this toothbrush and they use it too.  Really how much can you say about a toothbrush without going over and over repeating ourselves. All I can say now is it is a very good toothbrush and everyone that tries it would probably stick with it. And buy it over and over again.  Like I said I will use this item for a many years ahead without thinking about buying a different product.  thank you.