Other Travel Websites:

Pros

Cons

• Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (44), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

one stop shopping place for any/all travel arrangements

OneTravel.com is great travel service website, I always have a great experience searching and booking my reservations through this online travel company. One Travel is the website I use to make all my travel arrangements because they offer daily coupons with $5-$20 off your purchase that day. I have booked with One Travel at least 7 different times now. When ever I search for travel arrangements for friends or relatives, I go to OneTravel.com first. I love their daily email updates, I check it for all their newest and best deals on travel anywhere in the world. If you are searching for the best price on a pleasure cruise or rental cars rates for a family reunion this is the website to start at. I use One Travel for all of my deals. Happy traveling!

The website is easy to use. The daily emails are great for all kinds of travel deals. When booking your flight, car rental or hotel through the One Travel website. The website will ask you to determine which destination you will be leaving from and arriving to. Their website has a prompt for a calendar so you can choose your travel dates easily. When your travel dates come up with prices...you might see a better deals for a different airport or different travel date, it will give you the best deal 1st in the list. Be careful to make sure you check your dates and destinations are correct before you submit your purchase. Happy traveling!

Features
The website features are useful. It finds the airports for you as you type them in. Also the payment part of OneTravel is easy to use and I have never had any problems with them.

Customer Service
Sally was very polite and helpful over the phone. I only spoke with the One Travel customer service person because of a survey follow up to one of my purchases. They gave me a special code for money off my next travel destination for my time on the phone for the survey.

OneTravel.com: Flawed in Almost Every Way

Travel is my favorite past time. It occupies a good deal of my time, and that includes not only the actual travel itself, but also the research, selection of destination, and purchase of lodging, flight, etc. Today, I research and pay for travel almost entirely via the internet and one site I have linked into a few times is **OneTravel.com**, a one- stop web site for most of your travel needs.

**Travel Service Commentary:**

OneTravel.com is a travel web service that I visit every now and then for special deals on flights, hotels, and rental cars. This travel web site is one of dozens that try to offer the best deals on both international and domestic travel but, unfortunately, it fails more often than it succeeds and many who use this service will be frustrated to the point that they logoff and never return.

OneTravel.com offers the basic travel services one expects in a travel site, but there are several reasons to dislike this web site, starting with the search results. Like other sites, you begin a search by entering your dates of travel, number of travelers, airport code, etc., and then wait for the results to display. This is normal, but the results are not. They are difficult to read and many trvalers will find themselves scanning for a key piece of information, only to finally discover it minutes later. The problem is that the information is crammed into a screen space much too small. It would be better if more space was allotted to the search results and if better organization was used.

Another problem with OneTravel.com is the fact that, when searching for a flight, the site automatically includes nearby airports without telling you first. Including other airports is usually a good idea, but the problem with OneTravel.com is that it doesn't tell you that a search will be made that includes nearby airports and because of this, the flight search gives you a false sense of hope. All of a sudden, you will see an incredible flight price that blows you away. You move your mouse pointer toward the button to book, only to discover that the airport isn't the one you selected- it is actually a different airport an hour away that offers better fares. Again, I agree that offering price comparisons of different airports is a good idea, but there needs to be a box to click or something that warns the customer before they conduct a search.

Price is the bottom- line for most travelers and this is another problema area with OneTravel.com. The problem is that the quoted prices on the search results page are misleading. Prices include a small fee assessed by the people at OneTravel.com, but they do not include taxes. You don’t know this until you click the option to book the flight. Suddenly, the price will increase, due to additional taxes. They do warn you that the prices do not include taxes, but I prefer the travel web sites that tell you, directly on the flight search results page, what your total cost with taxes will be. If all of this isn’t bad enough, there is another annoyance with OneTravel.com: The special offers indicated on the home page. Special deals are displayed right as you logon to the site, with offers for air tickets, rental cars, and hotels. These prices are often outstanding, and they certainly grab your attention, but here’s the frustrating part: you cannot click on the name of the city or the price to quickly see what the deal is all about. Instead, you have to click on the "Book" heading at the top of the list, which will take you to the regular travel search function. You then have to search in the regular manner and hope that by chance, you might stumble upon the featured deal. In other words, these “specials” are just teasers to grab your attention. This is a very misleading and it’s a frustrating way to deal with a web site. You might see a special such as $15 per day on car rentals in Las Vegas, but when you conduct your search, you discover that $25 per day is the best price you can find. There likely is a $15 per day deal out there someplace, but you have no way of knowing what date because it doesn’t tell you.

Could there be anything else wrong with OneTravel.com? I’m afraid so, and it is the newsletter signup. Now, I am generally a fan of travel newsletters and I receive several. The OneTravel.com newletter itself is all that bad- the problem is the number of times OneTravel.com will continue to ask you to sign up for the newsletter. Each time you conduct a new search or move between certain pages, OneTravel.com will open a new window with an offer to signup for the free travel newsletter. I wouldn’t mind if this happened one time and never happened again during a logon session, but OneTravel.com will continue to open this small window and ask you to signup every time you conduct a new travel search. Wait, there is more: OneTravel.com adds its own booking fees to all travel purchases, and they can add anywhere from fifteen to thirty dollars or more to the cost of your ticket. This can really add up and it makes OneTravel.com more expensive than most other travel services.

After all of the negative talk in my review, is there anything redeeming about OneTravel.com? I can think of exactly one thing: the amount of information provided on the different places of lodging and the photos of each hotel. With hotels and resorts, there are often nine or ten photos, so you can easily look around and enjoy the multiple views, both inside and out, of the different places of lodging. This part of the site is more in- sync with other travel web sites and it helps make the lodging search almost good enough to recommend.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

I like to use the world wide web for travel searching, but one site I will not use again is OneTravel.com. This service ranks as one of the weakest travel web sites I have ever used and not only is the site confusing and frustrating, the prices are higher than those at other web sites. With a record of failure such as this, it makes no sense to use OneTravel.com. Travelers, regardless of need, should avoid it completely.

Great experience

from Jamaica

Comments about OneTravel.com:

For someone who is skeptical about making online purchases, I was not disappointed. Prices are good & service is perfect. I highly recommend.

I would buy more one travel tickets

from Point pleasant, Nj

Good service.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

excellent knowledge about different questions I asked.

from Toronto, Canada

Comments about OneTravel.com:

excellent knowledge about different questions asked.

I would purchase from one travel again

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I had to book a flight with a friend who had already purchased her ticket. One travel made it easy to search and confirm the same flight as my friend

I would use this website

from Toronto, Canada

Comments about OneTravel.com:

It's been great so far and customer service has been helpful

I keep using this site

from Las Vegas NV

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I would highly reommend this site

Highly recommended!

from St. Thomas USVI

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I highly recommend One Travel. While searching online for low cost fares to travel to St. Kitts and Nevis, I happened upon their website. After realizing that the fares were almost one hundred dollars cheaper than the ones found on other websites, I decided to book my flight with them. The service I received was excellent! The agent that worked with me was very cordial and knowledgeable, and she made my experience very pleasant.

I always find my best travel deals in one travel

from New york

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I always find good deal to my get aways

Buyer Beware

from Greater Denver area

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I thought this site has the cheapest airfare from Denver to Edinburgh so I booked it. It was only after I booked that I realized I could not select seats. I called OneTravel and was told I needed to select seats with the airlines directly, and the agent confirmed I had a four hour window for a complete refund. JetBlue was the initial carrier so I hoped on their site and discovered the fare was exactly the same. The JetBlue agent could assign JetBlue seats but I needed to call Aer Lingus for the others. After waiting on hold 45 minutes for an Aer Lingus agent I gave up and thought it prudent to cancel the reservation altogether. OneTravel wanted to charge me $75 for my "full refund" I got that waived but then discovered the charge may be on my CC for 14 days. The OneTravel agent told me the delay was the responsibility of the AIRLINE. I called my cc company to halt the pending charge who said it was OneTravel (not the airline) that could cancel the charge. Called OneTravel and the agent said it was up to the CC company. I asked for a manager, was put on hold, and after about five minutes the line went dead. I had four OneTravel phone agents; one didn't bother to tell me about a fee for cancelling, one outright lied about their cancellation policy and the other sent me to purgatory.

Excellent site to book your travels

from Jamaica New York

Comments about OneTravel.com:

I have use this site to book all my airline travels and I can always find the lowest fares here. Great site.