Other Travel Websites:

Pros

Cons

• Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (12), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

All the information you need. In one place!

After visiting so, so many individual hotel/b&b websites, writing countless emails to request availability information and receiving no prompt responses, this website is delightful! Such a breath of fresh air. Honestly, stumbling on it just made my day. Everything I need to know about the hotel I'm considering is right there in front of me! I can easily check its location in the city, see pictures, see how other people felt about its services, and generally get a good feel of what I can expect. It quickly filters out hotels that don't have availability when I need them, tells me how many rooms are still available, if anyone else is looking at them, and therefore if I need to act fast to book one of the last rooms for the dates I need. Generally just so helpful, particularly for a last minute planner like me who books reservations so close to the date that most places are full.

Problems checking in.

I booked our son's reservation on line through your site. I really liked the site, but now I am not sure anymore. When our son went to check in they wouldn't let him because he didn't have the credit card I used to make the reservation. I did not read the whole reservation information until he had the problem and they would not let him check in. He had very little money with him. I had asked someone when I made the reservation if he needed to have the credit card with him and was told no. I don't know who I spoke to. Anywas, after a lot of panic, and s few phone calls, they sent me a fax to fill out and they accepted that. Our son is in Orlando for a job interview and he thought he was going to have to sleep in the car. Thank goodness everything worked out, but it was very aggrivating.

Signing my user name,

Parasailer

i use this web site and i will use it in the futur

from california

Comments about Booking.com:

this web site is one of the best web site i ever use it because he give you nice services and it is simple to use and give you the best prices to travel to any place you want

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst customer services

from Key West, Florida

Comments about Booking.com:

We booked the hotel in Key West but booking.com price was double when we got hotel. we did call customer service right away and they lied to us to ask us to pay the full price and then they can refund the difference. Now we talked to their manager who said he can't refund any money. I do not understood how come booking.com can have price double than hotel retail price. They just lied on the phone and do not take any responsibility. You paid money and can never get back. Their managers do not care about customers. Booking.com reputation is bad. I would never book any hotel from this web. Suggest to search the hotel and then call hotel to book directly for safety. booking.com is not honest.

Awful.

from Canada

Comments about Booking.com:

Got my booking wrong, then blamed me for it and would not refund me, nor amend my booking. Worst customer service ever.

Bayview Langkawi

from Kuching, Malaysia

Comments about Booking.com:

I booked Bayview Langkawi thro your site for 3 nights recently i.e. 16-19 March. Upon checked-out I was charged RM781.20 (Ref:355.505.195). If I'm mistaken the amount stated in your booking confirmation email was RM610+. Pl kindly check. Thanks

Terrible Customer Service

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Booking.com:

After booking a hotel far-in-advance in Duluth, MN, I did not receive a confirmation from "booking.com". (The weekend we selected was crazy busy because of Fall colors). Not finding their confirmation, we made a mad dash to grab whatever we could find at the last minute. On Saturday morning we received a "no show" email from our first hotel. And YES, a penalty for the 1st night lodging.
Now is where the fun begins:
1) No initial email was received. (Nor did they send any follow up).
2) The hotel we missed got our email address from booking.com the day after our "no show". (Life would have been so much easier if they shared my email up front with the hotel. They would have been in constant contact).
3) Talking with customer service at booking.com is a total waste of time. They claimed that they were right and felt no obligation to assist. After multiple contacts, I gave up. You can't deal with an organization that has a motto of "the customer is always wrong".
There are plenty of other hotel booking sites. Use them and forget booking.com.

Very friendly, clean, family run Hotel

from Stevenage, Herts UK

Comments about Booking.com:

We had the pleasure of staying three nights at this wonderful hotel. Everything was spot on, would not hesitate to rebook

good site

from jeddah

Comments about Booking.com:

Frankly was his experience when I went to the city of Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt was very honest and serve all categories

Worse services

from HCMC, Vietnam

Comments about Booking.com:

I had a booking in Booking.com for 7 nights at hotel Residence De Bruxelles in France, I then canceled this booking in June a month later before the cancellation deadline. The hotel's policy states "no deposit will be charged".
But I was charged 61 Euro fee right after booking by a shop named Le Victoria, at that time I thought that my credit card information was stolen and that the transaction was fraudulent had no transaction with Le Victoria, so I refused this transaction and asked the bank to give me more information. A month later I got to know that it was a payment to the hotel Residence De Bruxelles.
I then contacted Booking.com for their clarification of that payment and asked for the refund, what I got from Booking.com is that they were checking and have been contacting the hotel since July, but they have ignored me and my wish for clarification of the purpose of this payment. Booking.com even emailed that the refund had been made by September 1st but until now (it has been over 3 months since my cancellation) I still have not received my refund. The hotel Residence De Bruxelles was wrong when they charged the repayment and the Booking.com ignored that.
I learned from this issue that Booking.com does not have a good validation of hotels under their website and that they have no authority over the hotels listed for such issues. I am completely dissatisfied with Booking.com and I don't currently plan on using their services any more. As far as I'm concerned they were the one disappointment to an awesome vacation.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

from motnreal quebec

Comments about Booking.com:

You can be charged for a room before you even arrive at the place. We found out the hard way. We booked a room with "special conditions", that meaning that you cannot cancel this room once you book it unless you give 30 days notice. We booked less than a week before, but they STILL charged us the cost of the full reservation, even with 2 days cancellation notice. Read the fine print, not all hotels book the same way. booking.com does not make this information clear at all. Makes me feel unsafe when traveling, like thieves are allowed to steal from you with this site.
we finally got some of our money back no thanks to bookings.com. I will not be using them again. Best to jsut find hotels on there then contact the hotel yourself, better and at least you will find out the hotel policy.

false and confusing info on site.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Booking.com:

I was searching for a hotel for a malibu wedding that we were attending. This was 4 months in advance and all the hotels: Westlake Village, Sheraton and Hampotn Inn had free cancellation with in 72 hours before check in date until I saw a charge for the full amount $196. In the email at the way bottom said cancellation cost $175 Until June, I thought this was to be refund if cancelled because otherwise wouldnt the cancellation cost be the full amount $196?. Now I'm thinking ok I must have missed somewhere that to cancel it will cost me the extra $21. I guess that wasn't too bad. Why would I reserve/hold 3 different hotels if I've already paid for one? I was able to cancel the other two with no cost and still thinking I was at least able to get my $175 back for the one hotel I was charged for. I ended up cancelling because I was no longer going to the wedding. I cancelled a month after booking and I never got any refund back, so I had to dispute this with my credit card which was easy and they had no problem refunding me. Don't book through here, it is tricky. Just book through the hotels website, its the same price anyway.