Other Travel Websites:

Pros

Cons

• Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (12), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

All the information you need. In one place!

After visiting so, so many individual hotel/b&b websites, writing countless emails to request availability information and receiving no prompt responses, this website is delightful! Such a breath of fresh air. Honestly, stumbling on it just made my day. Everything I need to know about the hotel I'm considering is right there in front of me! I can easily check its location in the city, see pictures, see how other people felt about its services, and generally get a good feel of what I can expect. It quickly filters out hotels that don't have availability when I need them, tells me how many rooms are still available, if anyone else is looking at them, and therefore if I need to act fast to book one of the last rooms for the dates I need. Generally just so helpful, particularly for a last minute planner like me who books reservations so close to the date that most places are full.

Problems checking in.

I booked our son's reservation on line through your site. I really liked the site, but now I am not sure anymore. When our son went to check in they wouldn't let him because he didn't have the credit card I used to make the reservation. I did not read the whole reservation information until he had the problem and they would not let him check in. He had very little money with him. I had asked someone when I made the reservation if he needed to have the credit card with him and was told no. I don't know who I spoke to. Anywas, after a lot of panic, and s few phone calls, they sent me a fax to fill out and they accepted that. Our son is in Orlando for a job interview and he thought he was going to have to sleep in the car. Thank goodness everything worked out, but it was very aggrivating.

Signing my user name,

Parasailer

Do not trust lowest rate gaurentee!

from Chicago

Comments about Booking.com:

Do not trust this site to give you the lowest rate. It's a good app to get your search started or to find a hotel. Also you can check reviews of hotels. I had no problem with the hotel I found. Here is the problem, I booked on booking.com before checking with the actual hotel rates. After, since they said they gaurentee I would not find it cheaper, I checked with the hotel. Yep, my 139.00 rate could have been. Poked through the hotel at 99.99. Called booking.com, gave them the evidence of the rate. No match! Called hotel and they said they cannot do anything with it. Told me I should have book directly with them. Basically I paid 240.00 more than booking directly with hotel. Booking.com said they would not match the price and to cancel I'd have to pay 825.00. Why so much to cancel? Because I chose the lowest rate on Booking.com. I know my fault!!! But beware of booking.com. Call the hotel and tell them the rate first.

Great overnight stay.

from The Wellington Guest House, Bridlington

Comments about Booking.com:

I stayed here one night on business. The owner Bridget was very welcoming and friendly. The house is ideally situated with just a short walk into town and I was able to park my car on the driveway which was a bonus. The decor was elegant and the house scrupulously clean. I had room 3 which was en suite and although the bathroom was on the small side it was perfectly formed. I had a lovely comfortable bed and tea and coffee in the room. The room was decorated elegantly, as the rest of the house, and had sumptuous bedding. I had a great nights sleep with the room very quiet. Breakfast was served by Bridget the following morning and consisted of fresh orange, tea, and full English plus toast, which was cooked to perfection. Cereal was also available if required. Overall this was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely stay here again if Bridget has a free room. I would also add that as a solo female I felt very safe and secure. Try this guest house - you won't regret it!

very upset

from sebewaing mi

Comments about Booking.com:

I made a reservation last year cancel that the hotel agreed two way the fee and booking.com has not returned the booking fee of$463 I emailed booking.com they have not returned my emails so I'm out that money I have contracted that hotel and there is nothing they can do

its the best

from from libya

Comments about Booking.com:

Great location allows you quick and easy booking of hotels around the world all my lower prices
The site has a high efficiency
I would advise him.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Big Disappointment

from Port Arthur, TX

Comments about Booking.com:

Booked a room through Booking.com for a room at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North because of the closeness to Atlanta/Hartfield airport and because of an early Saturday morning flight. I had a rental car that I needed to return back to the airport, so after registering and checking in, I asked if there was a shuttle that could pick me up at the car rental place at the airport and give me a ride back to the hotel. I was told by the desk people that all I needed to do was call and they would have a driver pick me up. I drove to the car rental place at the airport, returned the car and called for a shuttle driver- was told they would be there 'shortly'. I waited for approximately 45 minutes in bone chilling wind, and when the shuttle came through the pick-up area, instead of stopping to pick us up, the driver did not even bother to look for anybody or slow down, just kept right on going. I had to pay a shuttle driver from another hotel to get a ride back to the hotel. I reported this to the desk when I got back to the hotel. Although this hotel is clean, it is bare bones, the pillows in the room are 'square' size crumbled up foam. Had a problem with the front desk about the time the shuttle was leaving for the airport in the morning, was originally told it was every 15 minutes, only to find out that it leaves every 30 minutes. I was told by a policeman that it was not a 'good idea' to walk anywhere in the area after dark.

i use this web site and i will use it in the futur

from california

Comments about Booking.com:

this web site is one of the best web site i ever use it because he give you nice services and it is simple to use and give you the best prices to travel to any place you want

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst customer services

from Key West, Florida

Comments about Booking.com:

We booked the hotel in Key West but booking.com price was double when we got hotel. we did call customer service right away and they lied to us to ask us to pay the full price and then they can refund the difference. Now we talked to their manager who said he can't refund any money. I do not understood how come booking.com can have price double than hotel retail price. They just lied on the phone and do not take any responsibility. You paid money and can never get back. Their managers do not care about customers. Booking.com reputation is bad. I would never book any hotel from this web. Suggest to search the hotel and then call hotel to book directly for safety. booking.com is not honest.

Awful.

from Canada

Comments about Booking.com:

Got my booking wrong, then blamed me for it and would not refund me, nor amend my booking. Worst customer service ever.

Bayview Langkawi

from Kuching, Malaysia

Comments about Booking.com:

I booked Bayview Langkawi thro your site for 3 nights recently i.e. 16-19 March. Upon checked-out I was charged RM781.20 (Ref:355.505.195). If I'm mistaken the amount stated in your booking confirmation email was RM610+. Pl kindly check. Thanks

Terrible Customer Service

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Booking.com:

After booking a hotel far-in-advance in Duluth, MN, I did not receive a confirmation from "booking.com". (The weekend we selected was crazy busy because of Fall colors). Not finding their confirmation, we made a mad dash to grab whatever we could find at the last minute. On Saturday morning we received a "no show" email from our first hotel. And YES, a penalty for the 1st night lodging.
Now is where the fun begins:
1) No initial email was received. (Nor did they send any follow up).
2) The hotel we missed got our email address from booking.com the day after our "no show". (Life would have been so much easier if they shared my email up front with the hotel. They would have been in constant contact).
3) Talking with customer service at booking.com is a total waste of time. They claimed that they were right and felt no obligation to assist. After multiple contacts, I gave up. You can't deal with an organization that has a motto of "the customer is always wrong".
There are plenty of other hotel booking sites. Use them and forget booking.com.