Other Travel Websites:
Booking.com

All About the Money

So apparently Bookings.com cancelled my reservation I made 2 months ago without telling and we traveled 2 days, with a special needs child, only to be told that Bookings.com had cancelled my family's reservation. The Anderson's Resort manager's solution was to give us the same room we had booked at about $300 higher. "Is there anything you can do to help us?"...he said nothing he could do. The truth would be, "Nothing I am willing to do". So Bookings cancelled my stay without me receiving a notification (manager said they set me an email because CC didn't clear, but if Bookings had contacted me in a "human" way and not something that probably went into my spam folder, I would have corrected the incorrect number or simply given

Columbia, NJ

Try it

Booking.com has been great! So easy & full of details. Great way to research and purchase. Of course any online booking should be followed up with a phone call to confirm. No problems with booking at all.

Chula Vista,CA

true

My preferred way of booking hotels

I usually use this when traveling to a new location, if we aren't using an Airbnb. I find the search functionality and filtering to be excellent, and the ratings on site are generally spot on if you account for the price range the place is in. Being able to often book with a refundable booking is great. I would recommend also checking the hotel sites however. If you aren't getting any benefit by booking it through booking.com (lower rate or longer cancellation period) and the hotel has an online booking system of it's own, I'd recommend trying that. Hotels give slightly better treatment to those who book directly (the hotel is getting a bigger cut). Most of the time nothing happens - occasionally you'll get an upgrade or something.

Morristown, NJ

Miami Springs Inn (Miami Springs and Eastern Motel) Miami, F

This was the strangest motel for the money ($80+) we've ever stayed in. There were no towel racks, toilet paper receptacle, hangers, breakfast, quite a few dings in furniture, not the cleanest. The floor and bed were good and it was right by the airport.

Mabton, WA

Don't use Booking.com

I never do this but I had to warn others about Booking.com! They booked me a room after a few days the hotel called me and said Booking.com had made a mistake and overbooked they hotel I had no room. I called the customer service they said they would find me something and send an email in 13mins (odd I know but why I remembered it) no email. I called again (you get put on a hold cycle of over 5 mins) Spoke to customer service explained everything they said they would send an email with a new hotel, they did but it was over 55 miles away! I called a again and they sent an email in the let's say poor part of town in a 1 star hotel for twice the price. I called again and they said well too bad we can't help you I asked to speak to a manager they said no. I finally did speak to manager who ripped into me asking what I expected and when I asked for a contact above her she refused and hung up.

Columbus Ohio

false

Do not trust lowest rate gaurentee!

Do not trust this site to give you the lowest rate. It's a good app to get your search started or to find a hotel. Also you can check reviews of hotels. I had no problem with the hotel I found. Here is the problem, I booked on booking.com before checking with the actual hotel rates. After, since they said they gaurentee I would not find it cheaper, I checked with the hotel. Yep, my 139.00 rate could have been. Poked through the hotel at 99.99. Called booking.com, gave them the evidence of the rate. No match! Called hotel and they said they cannot do anything with it. Told me I should have book directly with them. Basically I paid 240.00 more than booking directly with hotel. Booking.com said they would not match the price and to cancel I'd have to pay 825.00. Why so much to cancel? Because I chose the lowest rate on Booking.com. I know my fault!!! But beware of booking.com. Call the hotel and tell them the rate first.

Chicago

Great overnight stay.

I stayed here one night on business. The owner Bridget was very welcoming and friendly. The house is ideally situated with just a short walk into town and I was able to park my car on the driveway which was a bonus. The decor was elegant and the house scrupulously clean. I had room 3 which was en suite and although the bathroom was on the small side it was perfectly formed. I had a lovely comfortable bed and tea and coffee in the room. The room was decorated elegantly, as the rest of the house, and had sumptuous bedding. I had a great nights sleep with the room very quiet. Breakfast was served by Bridget the following morning and consisted of fresh orange, tea, and full English plus toast, which was cooked to perfection. Cereal was also available if required. Overall this was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely stay here again if Bridget has a free room. I would also add that as a solo female I felt very safe and secure. Try this guest house - you won't regret it!

The Wellington Guest House, Bridlington

very upset

I made a reservation last year cancel that the hotel agreed two way the fee and booking.com has not returned the booking fee of$463 I emailed booking.com they have not returned my emails so I'm out that money I have contracted that hotel and there is nothing they can do

sebewaing mi

its the best

Great location allows you quick and easy booking of hotels around the world all my lower prices The site has a high efficiency I would advise him.

from libya

Big Disappointment

Booked a room through Booking.com for a room at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North because of the closeness to Atlanta/Hartfield airport and because of an early Saturday morning flight. I had a rental car that I needed to return back to the airport, so after registering and checking in, I asked if there was a shuttle that could pick me up at the car rental place at the airport and give me a ride back to the hotel. I was told by the desk people that all I needed to do was call and they would have a driver pick me up. I drove to the car rental place at the airport, returned the car and called for a shuttle driver- was told they would be there 'shortly'. I waited for approximately 45 minutes in bone chilling wind, and when the shuttle came through the pick-up area, instead of stopping to pick us up, the driver did not even bother to look for anybody or slow down, just kept right on going. I had to pay a shuttle driver from another hotel to get a ride back to the hotel. I reported this to the desk when I got back to the hotel. Although this hotel is clean, it is bare bones, the pillows in the room are 'square' size crumbled up foam. Had a problem with the front desk about the time the shuttle was leaving for the airport in the morning, was originally told it was every 15 minutes, only to find out that it leaves every 30 minutes. I was told by a policeman that it was not a 'good idea' to walk anywhere in the area after dark.

Port Arthur, TX