Other Digital Cameras:
Olympus
Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera

Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera

Amazing

I received this camera for Christmas from my mom and dad. I am a college student and have found it very useful. It is so lightweight that I can carry it in my purse and always have it when I feel a picture needs to be taken. The most amazing part of the camera is that it is water proof. My friends and I took a beach trip and used the camera for a crazy underwater photoshoot. We had so much fun! It is also shock proof up to 5ft, but I haven't dropped it to find out how well that works. Its 7.1 megapixels and 10x zoom make for good quality pictures and help out for remembering all of your fun times. I strongly recommend this camera to anyone who feels like they miss out on tons of photographic opportunities! Most important thing is to learn the features and have fun!

Watch Out!

While when this camera worked for the 3 days for me it was an amazing camera!!Took awesome pictures underwater and on the beach. I love how you can change the picture settings to match the souroundings you are in. BUT... IT ONLY LASTED 3 DAYS TILL IT JUST STOPPED WORKING FOR NO REASON!! when turned on would only show a blue screen with error codes. All my end pictures were blurry and horrible!Sent it in to get fixed which was relatively painless.. Got back just in tiem to go on another trip, and first tiem in the water it died completely... No blue screen nothing ..wont turn on. Olympus has ignored our emails and request to help get this fixed or replace the camera for the past 6 months. I will never buy from Olympus again...

Amazing

from Boonville, NC

Great Camera, but fragile

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I have really enjoyed my camera until it broke. I am the mother of a 6 month old, and take non-stop pictures. The only problem that I had with the camera is that it is super fragile. I kept the camera in the baby bag or purse when not using, and just the josiling it received in those bags was enough to make the lens motor stop working. After calling Olympus, they fixed the camera. Otherwise, GREAT CAMERA. Takes beautiful pictures once you put it in the right setting.

overall a good camera

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I really like this camera...and I've had it for over 2 years now.  It is lightweight, functional, easy to download pictures from, stylish, small and takes good photos. My only issue is that the zoom is not very good.

I have had absolutely no issues with it not working or being too fragile (one of the features of it is that it is shock-proof).  I have not tried it under water (another one of the features), I'm too afraid that when I do it will stop working for some reason.  I have faith in the brand...but I'm not so trusting of electronics under water.

This is the BEST digital camera I have ever owned.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I have owned my Olympus Stylus 720 series Digital Camera for at least 3 years now. It has proven to be an excellent digital camera and has captured years of memories for me. I love the fact that I can transfer my pictures to my computer, therefore enabling me to then create CD's of my pictures.

And, what is even greater is the fact that I can even connect with my television and view my pictures on my television screen!

Oh and not to mention the fantastic pictures it takes "under the water!" I have taken pictures on several swimming adventures and the quality is very good. I would not trade this camera for anything!

Well, except to "upgrade" of course!

Buy it, buy it, buy it!

Olymous stylus 720 is very sturdy and stylish

from Studio City, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

The three most important things to consider while buying a regular point and shoot is, ease of use, image quality and looks. So while they're quite a few hundred of point and shoots that fit in with those aspects, this particular piece actually excels in all those departments. I was in the market to look for a sturdy camera, which shot good pictures. Sturdy because i am out in the open, trekking, hiking and needed a basic camera that would not break under the stress of outdoor activities. The selling point of this camera was exactly that, it was very sturdy and good for outdoor use. So it was a no brainer for me to buy it.  The wedge shaped camera really stands out, its silver and stylish, the image quality is pretty decent for 7 MP, and has lots of auto features, histograms for the initiated. It has a pretty decent falsh and an image stabilization mode that works quite well. the video on this is nice, though one cant take a video for more than a minute i think. The only drawback is that one has to account in some extra money for a large capacity memory card as the default one doesn't hold much.

Been pretty happy with the Olympus stylus camera

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I have been pretty happy with the olympus stylus 720 SW digital camera. We have had a couple of problems, but have been able to work through them. We purchased it a few weeks prior to a vacation to Hawaii and were excited for its underwater picture capabilities. We actually went to the lake that weekend and used it without any problems, but then during our trip to Hawaii some water managed to get in behind the lense despite following manufacturer recommendations. The camera still worked but the pictures were affected by this issue. We were able to return it under warranty and got it replaced. No physical problems with the replacement camera. There is a motion reduction feature that you always have to make sure is on otherwise the pictures always turn out blurry no matter how hard you try to keep it still. But despite these issues it is a great camera. It has a lot of great features and photo options. The mutliple shot/select feature (not what it is called) works great for kids who don't like to cooperate during photos. It has high pixel resolution and as good of a zoom as you can expect in any camera without detachable lenses. I have found the battery life to be okay. Not as good as some others have indicated, but it all depends on how much you use it.

It's great for outdoor and adventurous person

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

It's great for outdoor but not for indoor, it's depends with lighting.If the object is close up, it's ok.We went to Disney World and while we were lining up and waiting, I tried to take a pics.Suddenly, the camere fell from my hands.But guess what, I still can use it.No damage.

Watch Out!

from Winnetka, IL

Great Picture!

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I have had two of these now--One I lost one in the river--loved it so much-- just replaced it!

I like the easy set-up and functionality of the camera. The video fuction is wonderful for those fun moments you what to capture live!! The quality of the picture once printed is amazing. The download and storage program is easy to use and a great tool to customize any picture!

I am very happy with my purchase!

Drop me Dunk me

from Pittsburg, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera:

I love this thing.  I usually drop everything that I have in my hand.  This thing is great, i've dropped it many times and it works fine still.  Also being able to drop your camera in a pitcher of water is pretty cool.