3.9

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash

3.9

Pros

Cons

Smells great, feels good, time will tell

I found this on sale at a local drugstore and, with coupon, it seemed too good a deal not to try.

First, I want to mention the design....Read complete review

First, I want to mention the design. I am glad that companies are finally paying attention to the way body wash is used. Which is to say that Olay has made this bottle open up at the bottom. Why does this matter? Because then, when there's only a little left, you don't have to waste time and water shaking the dregs out. The design works with gravity and makes it easy to get the body wash out of the bottle. (Which is where it tends to do the most good.)

The next thing I noticed was the smell. It's sweet without being obnoxious. I don't like a lot of cloying smells, but this is a nice, fruity smell without being overpowering.

While it's purely an aesthetic, the liquid does come out looking very ribbon-y. It looks very glamorous, as I usually only see that in the commercials. In real life, it generally looks like just a normal splat of liquid body wash. This stuff, on the other hand, really does come out kind of elegantly. It's a small detail, but it caught my eye.

As for the anti-aging effects... Well, I've been using it for two or three weeks now. I definitely haven't noticed much of a difference. But, if it's doing its job, wouldn't that be the result? It's kind of hard to tell with these things for that very reason.

I will say that, thinking back, my skin has definitely been less dry lately. It's not something you notice, really, since it's hard to notice the absence of itching. Still, once I started to think back on it, I was surprised it didn't jump out at me sooner. I do think the Olay has definitely been keeping my skin more moisturized.

Super moisturizing but where's the lather?

I love Olay products. I believe in Olay products. I use many Olay products...from Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Creams to Olay Express Wet Facial Cleansing Cloths and everything in between. So when I received a sample 2 ounce bottle of **Olay Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash**, I was very excited and anxious to try it. I was especially excited because I have super dry skin and this body wash promised wonderful things concerning moisturizing dry skin while cleansing and providing anti-aging benefits. WOW. That's a lot for a body wash to promise. Let me just go ahead and tell you what Olay says about this particular body wash:

*"Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash goes beyond cleansing to deeply moisturize and fight 7 signs of aging all over your body. It delivers soft, smooth skin in 1 shower, improved elasticity in 1 week, and younger-looking, radiant skin in 1 month. Total Effects fights 7 signs of aging (rough texture, uneven skin tone, dullness, and dryness) by:*"

- *improving elasticity*

- *Relieving dryness*

- *Deeply moisturizing*

- *Brightening dull skin*

- *Evening skin tone*

- *Smoothing rough skin*

- *Minimizes the appearance of fine lines*

Since I have had such good results with other products made by Olay, I don't doubt the claims Olay says about it's Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash. It is certainly moisturizing. It smells terrific, too. If someone were to use it consistently it probably would improve skin tone, elasticity, minimize the appearance of fine lines, etc.

My problem is that I can't use it consistently because although it's quite creamy and I feel very moisturized when I use it, I don't feel clean when I bathe with it. It doesn't lather at all. It doesn't even lather when I use it on my best sea sponge and that sponge will make almost any body wash or soap produce a whole lot of lather.

The first time I used the body wash I thought that possibly the bath beads I had put in the water was causing the body wash to somehow lose it's ability to lather on my body because my body was too oily or slick. But when I used Olay Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash again, I didn't put any oil or bath beads or anything else& in my bath water and the body wash still did not lather. It felt as if I were trying to wash with body lotion.

The **complete ingredients** in Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash are: *WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, SODIUM TRIDECETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, TRIDECETH-3, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA BUTTER), NIACINAMIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PANTHENOL, OXIDIZED POLYETHYLENE, ACRYLONITRILE/METHACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ISOPENTANE, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PEG-90M, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, XANTHAN GUM, IRON OXIDES. VITAMIN B3, VITAMIN E and VITAMIN B5.*

**Directions** for use: *"Squeeze a small amount of body wash onto a wet puff. Lather and rinse."*

The above directions for use bring me to the reason why, in my opinion, this body wash is a 3 Star, "Average" product instead of a 5 Star, "Outstanding" product"...it says 'Lather and rinse', but the product doesn't lather.

I don't want my moisturizers to lather without moisturizing and I don't want my body wash to moisturize without lathering. This product is a disappointment to me and I can't recommend it. Sorry, Olay, but you dropped the ball with this non-lathering body wash. Find a way to make it lather and I'll be more than happy to try it again.

It's very moistrizing and I am sure it's good for my skin, but it doesn't produce any later, so I don't feel clean when I bathe with it. If a body wash doesn't make me feel clean, I can't use.

This product has a nice scent. It doesn't smell like vanilla, coconuts, or flowers, it just smells soft and sweet, not not too sweet. I like it's fragrance.

Did nothing for anti aging

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

I bought this product because I have used and liked Olay products in the past. I was confident that this product would work just as well as the others. I was wrong. This product really did nothing for anti aging. I was not expecting miracles with this product, but thought I would see some sort of a result from using it, but I had not. It left my skin feeling oily and like there was a film all over my body. I had to rinse my body many times and I still felt oily and greasy from this wash. I was not impressed at all with this body wash and did not continue to use it. It is more expensive that the competitor brands and does not work nearly as well.

This product is not worth the extra money, as the body wash does not clean your skin well, leaves a filmy residue behind and does not show any results of anti aging.

The scent is nice, I actually liked the way my body smelled from this wash, but that was the only thing I liked.

Olay body wash

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

Wow I have never before seen or used a body wash that was also intended for anti-aging purposes. As a woman in my twenties I can't say that I am exactly having a huge issue with the signs of aging but I am an avid believer in prevention and taking care of my skin to the best of my ability while I still have some natural youthful glow. I noticed right away that not only had I benefitted in the usual way from this body wash and moisturizer but I could see a major difference in this and other body washes I have used before. I love the concept of being able to have a full body skin care regime that is actually really easy and simple yet equally effective.

I liked how it kept my skin feeling super soft and improved the overall health of my skin. I truly love this product. I really look forward to more products and have been recommending this body wash to my friends and family.

ok but not too great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

I have to say that I previously purchased and have used this Olay Total Effects Seven in One Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash and I thought it was ok but I did not really like it that much. I honestly did not like it enough to ever buy it again. Now I guess it did an ok job cleaning me. I did think it kind of left me with a filmy feeling on my skin. I thought this was supposed to help my skin look and feel younger when in fact it did not. I thought this body wash was kind of grimy feeling. It did help moisturize my skin but again it left me feeling like it was not completely washed off. Another thing about this Olay Body Wash is the price. It is rather expensive in my opinion but not really worth the money. What I disliked the most about this Olay Total Effects Seven in One Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash was the scent. I could get past all the other things I found wrong with this product but not the scent. It smelled horrible. I would not really recommend this product to anyone.

Costs a bit more, but it is worth it

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

I really like everything about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash. This product feels luxurious when applying and really does leave lasting effects. I do not normally get compliments on the appearance of my skin, but after using this product for a very short time (about two weeks, I think), my husband commented on the healthy look of my skin. I also like the fact that this product does not have an overwhelming scent that would only compete with my favorite fragrant products. I do not need a special scent from my body wash. I needed a good moisturizing body wash with anti aging aspects that result in good effects on my skin that I can notice, and Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash has definitely provided this for me. This Olay product does cost more than many body washes, but it is worth it. I stock up on this Olay body wash when I catch it on a good sale, and there are often coupons available as well.

Irreplaceable

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

I happened upon this product one year in college and got it because it was on sale. I had no idea how great it would turn out to be. Matter of fact, that was my first time trying an Olay product, I had always thought Olay was a little more pricey than what I would like to spend, so when I saw that it was on sale I immediately jumped for it. It turned out to be an excellent body wash, unlike any other! From the soft feminine scent to the way it leaves my skin so silky smooth, moisturized and supple, I just love it! The bottle was pretty large and lasted awhile, but when the product run out I could no longer find it on sale. I believe I purchased it one other time, but that's it. Honestly, my skin hasn't been the same since, it only comes close when I use the Olay bar soap, but still I'm missing the scent and super lusciousness it gave my skin. The next time I go out I will surely purchase it whether it is on sale or not. I highly recommend this product to anyone. It isn't just for an older group of women, I'm 22 and first used it around 20-21. It will work wonders for anyone young or old, in my opinion.

Great Body Wash

from Michigan

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

At first I wasn't so sure about this. I didn't honestly think that it would really do anything for me or "float my boat". I love this body wash! The scent is awesome. Defiantly not anything I have smelled before and I own a lot of scents! It's more perfume but not so much that it's overbearing and make you not want to use it in the shower. The lather is another high point for this product, amazing lather! I can instantly feel my skin getting softer in the shower, so when they say deep penetrating moisture, they mean it! So seriously noticeable softer, smoother skin right after you get out of the shower. Plus the scent stays with you instead of fading like most body washes do. I have extremely dry skin in the fall and winter months so I can really benefit from this, as can others who are the same. Sensitive skin people should have no problem here either. Another high point for me. I really love this and will purchase it again, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve the quality of their skin!

Softer skin in minutes!

Long lasting scent!

Deep Penetrating Moisture = True

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

This is my favorite body wash. After lathering it on it actually feels like my skin is being moisturized. By the time I'm out of the shower it feels no different than any other body wash but the quality of my skin is definitely improved. I no longer need lotion after my shower, this product is enough to keep my skin clean and happy. The lather is decent, the quality is high.

I am now on my second bottle. I tried a different brand in between (I am one to shop bargains) and less than a week into the different brand I went out and bought this Olay Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture body wash. I am hooked.

I did not buy this for the wrinkle improvement that the 7 in 1 totes. It's not something I have to concern myself with yet. Don't let it stop you from purchasing.

The scent is my least favorite attribute. It has a slight chemical after-taste.

Even with this one negative this is now the only body wash I buy. I am so impressed I have started looking for other Olay 7 in 1 products.

Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Body Wash..a sum of disappointment

from Independence, MO

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

This is the first time I have ever been disappointed in an Olay product. I usually love them! Unfortunately, not this time. Right away I really did not care for the scent of this product. It's not a terrible smell but it just seems kind of chemical to me. However, I could get past the smell because it was Olay and my skin would love it, right? Sadly, wrong. One of the seven claims on the back of this product is that it relieves dryness. This product actually made my skin feel drier and itchier! It also seemed to cause my skin around my shoulders to break out. No exactly soothing and certainly not the anti-aging effect I was wishing to achieve. I also found the micro-derm beads rather difficult to rinse off and they got caught in my shower puff (just a small annoyance there). In glancing on the back of the product at the 7 claims, I can not pick a single one out I noticed when using this product. I wanted to love this product but am left wishing I'd have purchased one of my usual Olay favorites in its place.

So-so Product

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

Being a fan of Proctor & Gamble skin care products, I was excited to try Olay Total Effects Moisture Body Wash. It was okay. I was a bit disappointed. On a good sale, it is an okay product- it does its job. But for Olay, I had higher expectations. The product is a little thicker than I prefer. And I wasn't that impressed with the scent. I wanted to give it an honest chance, so I continued to use it until the bottle was empty. It was moisturizing, but I did not notice a huge difference with my skin. All in all, I do not think that it lived up to its hype (especially for its price point). In my opinion, other Olay brand body washes do a better job (more fragrant scent and moisturize better). Won't be trying this product again anytime soon.

Olay Total Effects Wash- Great for Skin

from Newark, DE

Comments about Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti Aging Body Wash:

The Procter and Gamble Olay Total Effects Deep Penetrating Moisture Body Wash is a good product for moisturizing the skin as well as leaving skin smooth and soft. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth, however, it is rather pricy as compared to other body washes. The other problem I had with it was getting it out of a wash rags. Even after rinsing the rags in the shower a few times and then putting them through the laundry, I could tell exactly which rags I had used it on the next time I used them in the shower. It seemed to not want to come out of material too well. The product did seem to work well and left a my skin with a smooth feel. It seemed to rinse off rather easily but you definitly could feel the layer remaining on your body. My skin definitly felt conditioned. It did not feel heavy on my skin as so many body washes do.  It did have a light fragrance that did not make me feel as though I had showered with a body splash instead of a body wash. Overall it is a good product but a little pricy and hard to get out of materials