Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Dove
Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash

Cons

this sensitive skin body wash cleans and moisturizes gently

I got this Dove Beauty Body Wash for sensitive skin at the pediatrician's office.  The Doctor recommends it for kids who suffer with skin problems.  I wanted to try it as I have very dry skin that is sometimes hard to control. The skin on my face is sensitive and I have had a hard time finding a wash that doesn't bother me.

Dove Beauty Body Wash for sensitive skin is a white cream wash that has a slight clean scent to it. It is unscented of added perfumes and is skin PH balanced.  This wash is very much like a thick lotion, but add a little water and it really lathers up. I put a very small amount on the puff and it made a thick creamy lather. I shaved with it and was impressed with how well the lather held up and how smooth my skin was afterwords.

I tried it on my face, using only a very small amount and rinsed it very quickly after applying it. It didn't irritate my skin. But I would  probably not continue to use this on my face as it did not wash off my makeup very well. However, this is a body wash anyway so I won't count that against this.

I liked the very subtle scent while using it, it did not leave a lingering scent on my skin. I like this as I use a scented lotion sometimes and don't like to have different scents on me. I was very impressed with this Dove wash and I will buy this when the sample runs out.

Dove Bodywash is the ONLY kind I use!

This is the only item I can use to bathe that does not make my skin break out. A lot of the other body-washes seem to have ingredients that cause me to become itchy and dry. Dove does not do that to my skin. It helps keep my skin soft and I would recommend it to anyone. My husband also uses it occasionally and he likes it too. I used to use Caress body-wash, but I stopped because it was obvious that the ingredients in the product were not natural. Dove smells nice and does not feel like it is just sitting on the surface of my skin. The moisture seems to get into my pores in a way that other body-washes do not. In most cases I have to use to only fragrance free products, but once I started using Dove, I realized that I was able to use one with a scent. I use all of their other products, including their deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, AND body spray. There is no other company on the market that I feel takes such pride in their product. Even the bar soap works well. This body-wash does not leave a film on your skin after using it, like most other washes do.

Sensitive skin

from Dallas,Tx

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • Not Messy

• Daily Use

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I love dove products. This one is my favorite. It leaves my body feeling cleaning. I'm very picky when it comes to what kind of soaps I use. This one is not harsh on my body it smell is great. I love the over powering smells but body does not like them at all. Having very sensitive skin it's a must that I watch everything that I apply to my skin. I love that It is not messy at all even the kids can us it with problem. I can share this product with my family with no problem because it's like a personal serving for everyone that uses it. For me personally I love the clean feeling when I get out of the shower. I know some people feel like all there natural oils are being removed but with this product I feel really clean. It's hard finding a product that my who family can use but this is for sure a product everyone in my house loves. No one complains about it. Overall it's a wonderful product. I have sensitive skin and this is a product that works perfect for me. I would recommend this product. Not only to people with sensitive skin but anyone who wants a nice body wash.

Like product

from Libya

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Moisturizing

• Daily Use
      • Showers
      • Travel

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

Like dove product,,, moister, efective

Great product!

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

The Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash is a great product. I have rather sensitive skin, so it's nice to use a body wash that actually works well for sensitive skin. Usually body washes are too perfumed to be used for truly sensitive skin, but not the case with this. It has a nice consistency, not too thick, not too thin. I like the scent, it has a simple clean scent that isn't overpowering. It works quite well at keeping my skin moisturized. This works well to moisturize my skin without causing a reaction. My nieces have also used it, and they have more sensitive skin than I do, but we have never had a problem with any rashes or irritation, so I would say that's a win! I will keep buying this product for years to come!

Very effective, I always feel clean when I use it. Other products leave my skin feeling tight after using, but this just leaves me feeling clean and soft all over.

It has a pleasant, clean scent. It's nice and mild, not too strong, so it doesn't irritate my skin like other body washes might.

Great Product

from Adkins, TX

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I was completely amazed at how fresh and clean this body wash left me feeling. My doctor recommended I try using it to see if it helped with itchy skin and I'm so grateful she did. Not only is it great to use but the price is amazing compared to other body washes that are for sensitive skin. I had been using a product that needed a prescription in order to purchase, my insurance decided to not help cover it anymore and I was not able to continue paying what it cost. THANK YOU Dove for making a product as effective. I will never go back to using the other body washes. I'm completely sold on Dove Sensitive skin. Another added bonus is that it's also gentle enough to use on my grand babies when they come stay with us. No more worrying about the body washes being to harsh for their skin. The best part of all would be no added scent that can at times be overwhelming. My husband often complained about body washes I would purchase for him being to scented. Now I'm able to buy one body wash that we can both enjoy using.

You will not be disappointed and best part is also how inexpensive it is.

No scent at all which is GREAT!!!

Dove Body Wash - gentle and doesn't dry out my skin

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I don't normally use to many of the body washes but when I saw this one on sale, I decided to give it a try. It is a good product and I will purchase it again.

I really liked the feel of this soap on my skin. I was surprised at how soft my skin felt after my shower. It not only didn't dry out my skin, it really left me feeling like I had just had a spa type of shower. This is one product it is easy to recommend.

This body wash didn't have that strong fragrance that you identify as a female or male soap. I liked it as it just had a clean fresh fragrance. Normally my husband would not consider using my soaps as he says that they have a "girl smell". He decided to give it a try after doing the "sniff" test. I really hate having so many different soaps, shampoo, rinses, etc. sitting around in the bathroom so I was excited that he agreed that this is a body wash that we could both use which I really like.

Great soap for dry/sensitive skin

from New Johnsonville, TN

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I purchased Dove Sensitive Skin body wash for my husband who suffers from dry skin. He has a particularly difficult time during the winter months. I had previously purchased a more expensive body wash marketed for sensitive skin, but my husband was not happy with the results. After seeing a magazine ad for Dove, I decided to buy it for him to try. He is much happier using the Dove Sensitive Skin. In fact, just this weekend I bought another bottle (the third) to replenish his supply. Dove has helped improve his dry skin, and he no longer complains of dry or itchy patches on his legs and shoulders. He also appreciates that Dove works for sensitive skin, but does not have a strong floral or perfumed scent. While the Sensitive Skin formula is more expensive that regular Dove, it is a lot less expensive that "specialty" soaps marketed for sensitive skin. It is definitely worth the minimal extra investment to have a soap that truly does what it claims.

I wanted to like it but it has fragrance as an ingredient

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I tried many different soaps in the past and Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash was one I didn't have a good experience with sadly. The first that I was annoyed about was the packaging of this product. The push up top was really irritating to open when my hands were wet in the shower. In order for me to use this product in the shower my hands had to be completely dry or the bottle needed to be open beforehand. The scent of this body wash was very pleasant, but I should have known this wasn't a good thing. This body wash made a good lather and a little bit went a long way. Right after rinsing the soap off my skin it felt dry. My skin was also very red. Apparently this unscented labeled product has fragrance in the ingredients. I definitely wouldn't recommend Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash to anyone with extremely sensitive skin because it broke out my sensitive skin and it made it very dry.

Happy skin, happy me!

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I purchased Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash around two years back when my dermatologist recommended me to use fragrance free products on my skin and that is when I came across this super awesome and wonderful Sensitive skin body wash. I can't thank Dove enough for making such wonderful products for people with different skin issues. Though I have used a dozen of different body wash, Dove has been the number one so far. It is as good as a Dove bar. It cleans well and moisturizes too, which means no need to apply moisturizing lotion especially, in summers. I have been always picky when it comes to choosing a body wash since, I do not like the way the liquid slips out of the hands and goes to waste. Dove skin sensitive body wash is a kind of thick liquid wash that lathers really well and moisturizes the skin inside out. I recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin.

Very Good Body Wash for Sensitive Skin

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash is a great cleanser for people who have skin that can easily become irritated or bothered by soap or perfume. This Dove product does not contain any soap, but rather a mild, cleansing solution. It does contain the 1/4 moisturizing cream that Dove is famous for. This body wash is used by myself and my family. It lathers up nicely and helps to keep our skin free of eczema, especially during the cold, dry winter months.

We have never had any problems using this body wash. Dove states that this is dermatologist tested and hypo-allergenic. It suds up well and cleans without leaving your skin dry, tight, or with a residue left behind. It does add some moisture to your skin and helps to keep your skin in healthy condition. This has never caused any of my family's skin to break out with eczema. I would recommend it for anyone who suffers from eczema and for all ages too.

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash is a scent free product. Like most scent free products, there is a tiny bit of scent. The scent is hardly noticeable and is neutral and not perfume smelling. Dove states that this body wash contains natural fragrance, but it also states that it is unscented. I would say that the scent is negligible.

Great product for the money

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash:

I have been using Dove products for years. I started with the classic Dove bar soaps and moved on to the body wash after having kids. My kids would leave the bar soaps in the tub water and they would dissolve wasting lots of product, so using the body wash eliminates that problem. I appreciate the budget friendly price and the availability of product at just about any grocery store or drugstore.

I love this body wash. A dab will do you and the wash leaves your skin clean and soft without drying. I have used this on my kids and it has been gentle enough so that there skin is not irritated. The only reason I did not rate this a ten is because sometimes I feel that the texture of the wash is a little thick and a little too pasty.

I like the scent. It is clean and fresh, not heavy with strong florals or fruits, just a light scent. I think this scent would appeal to both men and women.