Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:
Anti-Aging Night Creams, Anti-Aging Day Creams, Anti-Aging Eye Creams, Anti-Aging Treatments, Anti-Aging Moisturizers
Olay
Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit

Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit

Pros

Cons

Restore Youthfulness Look

Absolutely love this product. Within a few days of using this product i could start seeing the results. My face had a glow not to mention the texture of my skin felt silky smooth and soft. By the second week there was a noticable difference in the abount of fine line and wrinkles that were arounf my eyes and mouth area. The system is user freindly, with instructions printed on each product so users know when to use each type of cream. I was very impressed with the results and will continue to use this product faithfully. Because I tend to have sesitive skin I really have to be careful with certain types of facial products, but i experienced no such problems with the Olay Brand. By far this has been one of the better products i have used or treid and the price is pretty resonable making it affordable for the average working woman.

VERY dissapointed with this line of skincare

When Olay came out with their new "Olay Pro-X" line, I thought I'd give it a try....their commercials were splashed all over the t.v. so often and they sounded like they were launching a new line of skincare that would not only bring you the fountain of youth, but change your entire life (exaggeration...but the hype was over the top).

I bought the anti-aging kit, and also purchased the skin tightening serum and Intensive treatment masks.  I had everything but the firming cream and the cleanser.  I had been using a skincare line for years, and decided to try something new to see if I could obtain better results.  What these products did for me was dry my skin out, create red patches, made me break out along my hairline and chin, made the area around my nose raw and I developed small bumps.  Instead of firming, my skin actually became slack.  My wrinkles became MORE pronounced, the eye cream stung my eyes and made them puffy and I developed more fine lines around the eye area.  I don't have sensitive skin, so this was very unusual for me to develop this type of reaction.  It wasn't even an allergic reaction, just a negative reaction to whatever is in those products.

Olay has a "Professional Alliance for Skin Care Innovation, a specialized team of independent dermatologists and P&G scientists" just for this skincare line?  In my very humble opinion, they have spent more money on advertising/marketing and packaging.

Some individuals have received good results with these products, so maybe this skincare line just isn't for everyone.  I would definitely not recommend Olay Pro-X to anyone.

Didn't do well on forhead wrinkles

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I was in the sun a lot as a kid and have continued to be in the sun a lot as an avid gardener every summer as an adult. I had started getting those horizontal forehead wrinkles at too young of an age, so I purchased the Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit at WalMart. Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit comes with starter sizes of Age Repair Lotion, Eye Restoration Complex, and Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. I used all three products religiously every day for several months, purchasing the full size products once the initial kit was used up.
I went through several containers of the products and was honestly disappointed. I really wanted to reduce the appearance of my forehead wrinkles, but just did not see a reduction in the length or depth of my forehead creases. I do like that the Age Repair Lotion has an SPF of 30. The Age Repair Lotion absorbs well into my dry skin & moisturizes quite well. My face feels soft & smooth after its continued use. The Eye Restoration Complex also moisturizes well, but I really didn’t see a difference in my under eye puffiness or any reduction in crows feet or the fine lines under my eyes. One thing I have noticed is that my eye liner does not stay on as well over these products.
The products are quite pricey. Because of the cost, I would definitely recommend trying the starter kit before purchasing the full size products. The Sunday newspaper inserts often have discount coupons for Olay products, which can help decrease the expense some. Since the Pro X line did not work for my skin as well as I had hoped, I have now switched to another product line.

Waste of Money

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I really wanted to like this product line and was looking forward to having nicer looking skin with fine lines and wrinkles reduced overall. I used this Olay Pro-X starter kit for for almost two months, everyday and night, and did not notice any improvement in my skin's appearance. I would only recommend it for women under forty years old. It may help to prevent the future development of fine lines and wrinkles, but it did not minimize my over 50 ones in any way.

Absorption
The Olay Pro-X line does absorb well. I had no issues with the absorption of these products.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I did not experience any issues with my pores getting clogged, my skin breaking out, or any irritation whatsoever.

I did not find any improvement in my skin. I was mainly hoping for my fine lines and expression wrinkles to be minimized or softened. I did not see any improvement and I truly believe prescription vitamin A cremes and/or wrinkle fillers are the only real way to improve the look of these unwanted effects of aging.

Its a great kit

from Holiday, FL

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

The Pro-X Anti-Aging Starter Protocol is an introduction to the three-part daily program. It contains the starter sizes of each the Age Repair Lotion SPF 30, Eye Restoration Complex, and the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. I was first unsure about using this product because nothing else has ever worked like they claim they do. But I read so much about how it was rated bettre then the pricey department store brands but within the first week or so of using this kit, my face was much more softer and my under eye circles were starting to diminish. It has now been a full month and I cant believe what a difference your eyes make when their not all puffy and dark, I have actually gotten compliments thaf I look younger, as far as my fine wrinkles go, I have the noticed the ones on my forehead are not as deep as before. And the crow's feet are filling in nicely!!! I would highly recommend this product. I would watch if you do have sensitive skin though. It is a hard working product.

olay pro x is amazing.

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I have always loved olay products, i have sensitive skin and allergies and olay has always been a line that i have had no trouble using which is great. I have been happy with the results i have gotten from using other olay products in the past, so I was excited to see what the pro x line could do. I had a friend that started using it before I did and she was really happy with it. I was a little weary of the price, but it is still more affordable than going to a department store. I went ahead and spent the money and was soooo glad i did. WIth just one use i noticed my skin felt softer, then after a week my skin tone looked more even and my skin was smoother. With contiuned use i have noticed a reduction in my fine lines and wrinkles and my skin feels firmer and looks so much nicer. I am extremly satisfied with this line and im excited to continue to use it and see how much better my skin will get with continued use of this line.

Fall in love all over again!

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I have been a loyal use of Olays PRO-X skin care since it came out on the market.  I cannot speak highly enough about it!  It works far better, in my opinion, than the more expensive department store brands.  I have used, tried and cried over the other brands to no avail--not to mention wasting good money on skin care that didnt work!!!  I highly recommend Pro-X!!  It works, and its worth the little more that you pay.

Works good

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I bought this first for mom, for her Birthday, and she told me few weeks later how much she like it. I decided to try it. After just few days my fine lines were much less visible and my skin is very soft and looks better.I wouldrecommend this to all who want to improve their skin.

AWESOME- IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

I decided to really put this to the test and use it on only ONE area- the crows feet beside the eyes. I am 46 and female. I did not have super severe crows feet but they sure were there! After 2 weeks use of this product they were nearly GONE! And I have SUPER sensitive skin- I had my face break out in serious hives last year from an anti-aging AVON product. But this does not bother me one bit- it is not greasy either (have been using for 2 months now). I tend to break out easily also and no problems with that here. Because I am only using it on the one spot it is lasting me a looooong time- I fully intend to break out the piggy bank and get more after this is gone. Thank, Viewpoints! ~Robin Brantley

VERY dissapointed with this line of skincare

from Houston, TX

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

Olay prox is a wonderful overnight moisturizer

from Goodview, VA

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

Like all Olay products I've tried I was not dissappointed with Olay ProX.  Provides just the right amount of moisture overnight and when I wake up my face looks refreshed.  After using it a week I notice a considerable difference.  I have sensitive skin and usually have to buy fragrance free products but ProX did not irritate or cause my skin to break out.

Nice Kit

from Castro Valley, CA

Comments about Olay Professional ProX Anti-Aging Starter Kit:

The Olay ProX age repair lotion with SPF30 is a decent moisturizer and sunscreen. It's a light liquid moisturizer that glides on smoothly and is easily absorbed by the skin. It's not oily and makes the skin look and feel supple.

The Olay ProX wrinkle smoothing cream is a slightly heavier moisturizer than the age repair lotion with SPF30 but it still does not feel oily. I've used the entire jar and I don't see any change in my skin.

The Olay ProX deep wrinkle is indeed effective after one try. I've noticed finer lines under the eyes. Beware not to apply it on the eye lids and absolutely avoid sun exposure without wearing a strong SPF sunscreen. One time, I forgot to put on sunscreen and my skin became very sensitive and red.