Other Hair Conditioners:
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

Pros

Cons

Best product i've found yet being a woman of color! :)

My boyfriends mother gave me this one day as a gift. At first I didn't try it. I left it on a shelf for awhile forgetting I had it & because I thought it would be like every other product....but once I did **I will never turn back.**

**I'm ****African American/White.** So, I have** medium length, thick, dry, curly hair**. I also relax my hair a lot to make it straight. I've never been able to find anything that worked for my hair but Ojon has did just that!** I** ***ENCOURAGE*** any female that is in my situation, sisters of color, or not.. to try this product, you will not be disappointed! It has made my hair appear **THICKER**, **RICHER,** **SILKY SMOOTH** & has helped it **GROW**! I've seen a lot of people personally complain about the smell but** I love it! **It has a rich cocoa smell almost like coffee/cinnamon.

The only bad thing I can possibly say about this product is it's **expensive** and **addictive**.

Sincerly,

**A real person**, Karyssia.

PS: Don't be skeptical like I always am or you will miss out on this great product! :(

Not for my hair

I could see how some people would love this product.   However, my fine hair, while damaged,  simply did not.

For starters, Ojon has a weird smell that's...Read complete review

For starters, Ojon has a weird smell that's very hard to describe. Personally I find the scent very odd. One whiff and you will know what I mean. It's one of those you love it or you don't things.

Then there's the actual product. You take a small amount, warm it in your hands, and then apply to your hair. The result is very messy. It is oily, doesn't feel moisturizing to hair, and just leaves my hair feeling greasy.

It also does not wash out of hair easily. I have shampooed 3 times after using and hours later could still feel the stickiness in my hair as well as smell it.  Since I said the smell is weird, this was disgusting to me.

Also one good to know tip: Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment is not recommended 5 days prior to or following a color or chemical service. In addition, porous and/or white hair can be susceptible to temporary discoloration. I didn't know this and saw it recently on the website.

Bottom Line: not for fine hair as it will just weigh it down.

Love it for styling

from Amherst, NH

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I have lots of fine, curly hair. Like all curly hair, it can get very dry and frizzy at the ends. A tiny dab of the Ojon treatment really helps keep both the ends happy and shiny and the roots lifted. I travel a lot and fine it a multi-purpose tool. I can use it as a conditioner -- either overnight or just before washing my hair -- or as a styling tool to create lovely, defined curls.

Used very sparingly, it really adds shine and control. For helping define curls on hair that's curly but just kind of kinky, it works like a dream. However, it is easy to use too much. Start with an amount that seems far too small, warm it in your hands, and work from the roots downward.

This is really a matter of taste. It's a strong smell but vaguely like a combination of coffee and chocolate. If your partner doesn't like the smell, you may want to limit using it to just before going into the shower to wash your hair rather than styling with it.

A God-Send

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I recenty purchased Ojon's Restorative Hair Treatment after a horrendous dye-job that included lots of bleach (ahh!). I needed a really good repairing treatment and I asked the sales girl in the store and she recommended this one. The texture of this treatment is really rich and creamy... You know immediately that it's gotta do some good! It's a little cumbersome in the shower because it's a jar... When everything is wet and you have to open it, scoop some out with your hand, and then close it with the other hand that isn't holding a glob of conditioner but is also holding the jar itself... That gets messy. But, hang in there. This stuff works. I left it in my hair as I showered so that the steam of the shower could help the stuff penetrate. After about 15 minutes or so, I rinsed, and could immediately feel the difference in my hair. It was silky and smooth feeling, just like old times! It kept this feeling straight through my blowdry. Now I use this product once a week, and I would recommend that you do too!

Very exotic smelling... Very unique... Love it!

Worth the money!

from Oxford, CT

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

For Christmas one year I received an Ojon hair kit with this product as well as shampoo and conditioner. The smell of it to me was almost repulsive! It almost smelled like a mix of cigars and something else. I knew it was an expensive product so I decided to give it a try anyways. It was definitely weird to use at first. It made my hair feel so greasy and I couldn't wait to just wash it out of my head. I have really long hair so I just use a good chunk of product and try to comb it throughout my entire head. If you use it once a week I am telling you you will notice quite a difference with your hair. It makes my hair feel so healthy and soft after using it. Once you get used to using it and the way the product smells I am telling you, you will love it! This product is a little expensive but definitely worth the buy. You can also get away with only using a little product, it will last you a long time.

Very Unique

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I have used this product for about 6 years. It has an initial smell that is kinda like smokey tobacco. It doesn't smell on the hair. When I used it regularly my hair (long at the time, and naturally coarse and wirey and naturally curly plus over processed) became very silky and manageable. I still use it once or twice a week after swimming. I do need to be careful because I can use too much and get the "greasies" which only get worse the more heated styling aids that I use. This only happens occasionally when I scoop out too much. I did get used to the smell and kinda dig it now.

Best smelling hair product on earth!

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

If you have thick hair, this is for you. It smells so amazing that there is no way to even describe it. Its almost nutty (the scent). Its a strange product that you will have to get used to, its VERY high quality and after one use you will have women begging for your secret. I have had strangers stop and SMELL MY HAIR and EVERYone at my work that is female now uses this as well as their shampoo and conditioner line. Even if the product didn't work it is worth it for the glorious scent. You will NOT regret buying this. Although your co-workers may complain that you smell so good they want to take a bite!

Not even close to the original poduct when it first came out.

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

When this product first came out it was the original pure oil with no additives. It had great musky smell. Gave absolutely great feeling to the hair, made hair look healthy, moist and gave nice, natural sheen. Then the company changed hands. Now the product smells pine tree (like shampoo for psoriasis called Pinetarsol), has none of the qualities I mentioned above, hair looks "tired", no sheen and feels very oily on the hair. To finish it off, it now has a lot of other oils plus your usual suspect chemical additives that you will find many other hair products. To my knowledge some suppliers who used to stock this product do it no more because after the change of the product the people did not want to buy it... Bottom line: Thank you not Estee Lauder for ruining another great product!

Feels oily on the skin and hair. does not change the quality of the hair as it once used to.

Used to have great musky smell, now smells pine tree.

A Good Hair Day Guaranteed!

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

This is worth every penny. It's so versatile. It can be used as a weekly hair treatment or you can take a tiny bit and use it to smooth your hair after styling.
A little goes a long way I have hair past my waist of an average thickness and I only need about 1 1/2 tablespoons to do my whole head.

You will notice a difference the first time you use it.

It has a deep exotic scent that has a woody earthy sweetness but not at all cloying. I would love to have a perfume that smells like this.

The land of beautiful hair is everywhere!

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I received my Ojon Hair Treatment as a Christmas gift last year. I took one sniff of it and recoiled at the scent. It smelled like a combination of ashtray and... nuts? Chocolate? Not sure. All I could smell was ashtray. So the Ojon sat on my bathroom counter for several months collecting dust. And then the day finally came when I decided to color my hair three times on the same day and was left with a bit of a brown haystack. I reached for the stinky Ojon and gave it a try.
I now use Ojon about twice a month or whenever I've been outside a lot or riding in my husband's convertible and my hair feels worn out, tangled, and dry. I like the way my hair feels and looks after I've used Ojon.

After using Ojon my hair is smooth, soft, and healthy-feeling after it's dried. The first time I used it, I couldn't believe that 2 hours before I had colored my hair three times. It was not perfectly healthy hair but much better than before. I've been growing my hair long for about six months and believe that Ojon has helped me get through the really ugly months without chopping it all off.

The scent has totally grown on me as the ashtray scent does not linger on my hair; just the nutty scent.

Saved My Hair

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I had a HORRIBLE experience trying to get a wave in my hair at the salon. The woman doing my hair left to grab a lunch while the solution was in my hair and didn't come back for 45 minutes. Needless to say, my hair got fried. If it wasn't the fact that my hair was in good condition to start, I probably would have lost it all - as it was, there was still major breakage on the hairs near my neck where the solution probably dripped down and major frizz. The salon gave me my money back and a small jar of this Ojon treatment. I know this saved my hair from the drying/frizzy mess that it was right after my ordeal. Didn't save the hairs near my neck, but the rest of my hair got the extra moisturizing it needed. I've since recommended to everyone who has a problem with dry hair.

I don't need to use this product as often but do use for maintaining moisture in my hair (like in the winter months when everything is SO dry).

I love the scent - think chocolate-y coffee.

Ojon works, but then again my hair is already an oil slick!

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment:

I have very fine, limp, hapless hair - it's true! Along with this I categorize my hair as an oil slick - a hazardous mop of natural juices! Sad, but also good I suppose. Even with all this natural oils, somehow my hair still gets dried out from all the damage I inflict upon it. So once in awhile I find it necessary to add this highly moisturizing and incredibly repairing **Ojon Restorative Treatment. Ojon **. It is made with natural antioxidants and 100% pure Ojon palm nut oil.

I usually take a scoop of **Ojon Restorative Treatment** in the palms of my hands and rub them together until it turns this thick (almost like a hardened brown sugar) oil into a warm liquid oil. Then I run **Ojon**/my hands through my hair and combo through with the small application combo provided with the product.

Directions say use once a week, but with my hair I used it about every other month, any more for me is just to much and makes my hair TOO soft and disrespectful! LOL

***WARNING: This product may contain nuts! When used by me it becomes DOUBLE NUTTY! :-)***

It instantly hydrates and seems to make my hair stronger while it helps bring my hair back to it's original softness - got to love that. My hair is noticeably softer and healthier after an Ojon Treatment.

I usually leave it on as long as I can stand (about an hour - I'm not a fan of the scent) and then I wash it out (twice)!