Other Hair Conditioners:
Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner

Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner

Pros

Cons

This Nexxus is all you could ever want or need in a conditoner.

I love trying new products but I don't like wasting money. That's why I like getting samples. I get to try them and if I like the sample I can buy the full sized product but if I don't like it, I haven't wasted any money on a product that isn't right for me for one reason or another.

When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, Redken is my favorite. The only problem is that Redken is only sold in salons and it's very expensive. The next best thing to Redken, in my opinion has always been Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions. Well, it was until I tried samples of Nexxus Therappe Shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner. I love the shampoo, and I love the **Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner **too.

Because of my love of the beach and sun and summer, in general, my hair are is at risk of becoming damaged by UV rays and chlorine. That risk is compounded by my use of appliances that use heat to style my hair. Keeping my hair healthy is very important to me. That means I have to make sure that the products I use in it are really good and help keep my hair moisturized. I went through a time in my life a few years ago when I let my hair get really fried. It's finally healthy again, and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it this way. It only took one sample of Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner to know that it's a terrific conditioner and will be very benefical in putting moisture back in my hair when I let it get all dried out.

After shampooing with the Nexxus Therappe, I opened the sample of the Nexxus Humectress Conditioner and applied it to my hair. I left it in for a few minute as I always do with conditioner. It smelled so good. I like for my hair to smell clean and fresh, not like flowers or fruit. This conditioner fulfilled that preference. I remember hoping that the fragrance would linger in my hair when I rinsed out the conditioner.

After a few minutes I tried to run my fingers through my hair while the conditioner was still in it. That always gives me a good idea of how good the conditioner really is. If my fingers get stuck in my hair before I even rinse it, that's a dead giveaway that it's not going to do much for my hair after it's rinsed.

Well, running my fingers through my hair was not a problem while this conditioner was in my hair and it wasn't a problem when I rinsed it out, either. Amazing! The wonderful clean scent was still in my hair after rinsing, too. Whoo hoo!

There's really no need to go through all the stuff I did to my hair after using the Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner. I do want to say that after using the conditioner I did not even have to use the sample of New Humectress Deep Conditioner. I hadn't been in the sun in a few days and the regular Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner had worked so well in conditioning my hair that I didn't need to use the deep conditioner at that time. I decided to save it for use after a day at the beach or the pool. I have used the deep conditioner since then, and it's amazing, as well, but it's for another review.

I better include the product information before I forget...

**Description by Nexxus:**                                                                                                             *"Now enhanced for an elevated level of moisturization. Specially formulated with vitamin E, coconut oil, and honey extract to provide nourishing moisture leaving hair luxuriously soft, manageable and full of lustre. NEXXUS Luxurious Moisturizing Hair Care Products restore and maintain vital moisture, leaving hair looking and feeling touchably soft and vibrantly healthy. Fortified with exclusive NEXXUSPHERE time released technology, containing nutrients, antioxidants and UV protectors. Made in the USA. Satisfaction guaranteed on all NEXXUS products. For details, and styling how to's visit www.nexxus.com."*

- *Experience Nexxus luxury *

- *Scientifically developed *

- *Salon proven *

- *Never tested on animals*

**Product Ingredients: **Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Bis(C13-15 Alkoxy) PG-Amodimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isostearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethiconol, C14-15 Alcohols, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Propylene Glycol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Honey Extract (Mel), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ceramide 3, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, and Tocopheryl Acetate.**Directions For Use: **                                                                                                                 *"Apply to damp hair. Comb through. Leave in for 3 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. For best results, shampoo with Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, flush thoroughly with water."*

**Product Cost: **33.8 ounces for a generous 33.8 ounce bottle.

**Availability: ***"Find Nexxus in the hair care aisle at your local grocer, drugstore or retailer."*

The bottom line is that after my hair was dried and straightened with my Chi flat iron it looked, felt, and smelled terrific. My hair was bouncy, it felt so soft and silky, and my roots weren't stuck to my head. It was also very shiny and looked clean and healthy. I have an almost full bottle of Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions and I really do like it a lot. However, I will buy the Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and the **Nexxus Humectress Conditioner **as soon as my Pantene runs out. I'm very impressed with this line of products, especially the conditioner. I expect a lot from a conditioner and this one delivers everything I expect and more. It may be a little more expensive than I prefer to spend, but it's less expensive than salon brands and it performs extremely well. Sometimes you have to pay a little extra to get the results that you want. That's the case with this conditioner. My hair deserves and needs to be pampered and that's what this conditioner does...it pampers my hair. If your hair needs to be pampered, try this product. Your hair will love you for it and you will love your hair after using it.

Helps Dry Damaged Hair

Nexxus has changed their formula for their shampoos and conditioners in recent years. Not only has the substance of their products changed, but their scents have as well. I used to use Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner daily for years. However, over the past couple of years it has not been of as good quality as it used to be. The scent that I used to know and love has changed and not for the better. I have long thick hair, and while I have always had to use more conditioner than the average person, when I use this I find myself having to use a ridiculous amount just to get my hair completely conditioned. It does not do the job that it use to and is of much lesser quality. It appears sort of watered down and not as thick and rich as it once was. It is a little more expensive than other brand names, but does come in a large bottle with a pump, which is very convienient when in the shower. Overall, I am dissatisfied with the quality of the products that Nexxus has been producing. Your probably just as better off with another, cheaper brand of conditioner.

Total moisture in each strand

from Matawan, NJ

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I have used many different conditioners and Nexxus Humectress is the only conditioner that left my hair soft enough for the comb to just glide through. There is never a knot in my shirt after each use.

It does exactly what it says it does, and more.

Has a mild, pleasant scent that is not overpowering.

Best conditioner, ever and still.

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I've been using Humectress for a very very long time and after trying many different conditioners over the years, I always return to it. My hair is curly and gets frizzy without the right conditioner. Humectress leaves my hair curly and not frizzy. Love it. It may seem expensive, but you only need a pea-sized portion unless you have very long hair. It's also good when used as a deep conditioner. After washing your hair, use a generous portion, then cover your hair with a towel for 10-15 minutes before rinsing out Humectress. Your hair will feel like you've had a salon deep conditioning treatment. I only wash my hair every few days; the other days I most often rinse my hair and leave Humectress in for several minutes before rinsing it. This saves wear and tear on my hair and keeps it shiny and controllable. I would strongly recommend Humectress, especially if you have curly hair that tends to frizz. Don't let the terrible name scare you off-- it's an excellent product! This product doesn't really have a scent-- so if you're looking for something perfumey, this isn't it.

No scent.

Helped my hair

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I really like Nexxus Humecctress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner. I have used this one a few times, and let me just say, this product is really good. The effectiveness of Nexxus Humecctress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner is great. When I first started using it, I would use it once a day and I quickly saw results. After using it for several weeks, I cut back on how often I used it to once every other day. After a couple of months, I used it twice a week, and my hair still looked great. I really like the smell of this conditioner. It's not overpowering and it's not too girly, so no guy should be ashamed of using this stuff. My hair felt a lot softer and had a whole lot more moisture in it after using it. The price for Nexxus Humectress is a little more than most other conditioners, but if you are willing to spend a little bit more (which I was before the bad economy), then this is for you. Overall, I would recommend this product.

Leaves my hair silky smooth but not limp!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I stopped using conditioner years ago because it always left my hair limp and lifeless. Then my friend suggest that I try Nexxus. I was very skeptical; however, my hair needed moisture and I decided to give it a try. To my amazement, this product not only made my hair easy to manage, but it also added strength and volume! Now I can't imagine a day withOUT using this conditioner!

Nexxus Humectress is the Best!

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I've been using Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner for quite a few years and it is the best conditioner I've ever used. I've used other conditioners in between but haven't found anything that does as good as the Nexxus Humectress conditioner. I have long hair, so I just wash and rinse my hair and put the conditioner on it and let it sit for a few minutes and wash it out. My hair looks healthy, isn't weighted down, and smells good. It also seems to help with the tangles when combing out my wet hair with a wide toothed comb.

This product does a wonderful job. It leaves hair soft and manageable. I think it also helps hair that has been damaged. My hair looks better when I use this conditioner at least twice a week. When I haven't used it in awhile, I can tell the difference. My hair looks drier on the ends and not as shiny when I don't use this conditioner.

The scent is soft and clean. It's such a nice smell that it shouldn't be offensive for those who cannot tolerate strong odors, and yet it's a very pleasant scent for those whom odors don't bother. It enhances the smell of your hair. No wet dog smell when you get out of the shower after using Nexxus Humectress conditioner!

Excellent for Dry Hair

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

Nexxus Humectress is a fantastic little gem for people with dry and frizzy hair. I love that it's so versatile too. You can use it as a deep conditioner, and leave it in for several minutes, before rinsing it out, or you can use it as a leave-in detangler. This makes it very handy for anyone to use.

It's particularly helpful for frizzy hair. It calms that rebellious hair that wants to stick out in every direction, so that you can easily and gently run your fingers through it, without a massive battle. This enables your hair to be soft, smooth, and silky.

Humectress is luxuriously moisturizing. It's able to penetrate even the thickest, and coarsest of hair, yet it doesn't way your hair down. I love how it strengthens my natural curls, while keeping my hair manageable.

The fragrance is light, and in-obtrusive. It's actually quite pleasant, but I have to admit that I really prefer my conditioner to be unscented all together.

A conditioner that makes my hair feel like silk

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I have very dry hair that is just unmanageable to control. I get a lot of tangles and my hair is really frizzy naturally. This Nexxus humectress ultimate moisturizing conditioner is a perfect match for my hair. It hydrates my hair leaving each and every strand feeling like silk. It tames my frizz smoothing it down and it makes my hair really soft. It makes easy combing for my hair and my hair has been tangle free. It improved the texture of my hair and it has a pleasant scent. My hair feels a lot healthier and it has shine. I love how this conditioner is very light and its not heavy on my hair. It doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy. I would recommend this to anybody its very moisturizing to dry or brittle hair improving the strength and penetrating each hair strand from root to tip. Its a little pricey but its worth it, I would pay a little more just for the quality. Its safe for color treated hair making my color look a lot more vibrant.

Lifetime user, literally

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I have used this product for decades. It is one of the few product loyalties I retained from my parents. For years, poverty reduced me to cheaper hair care. But after a hair dresser friend lectured me, I used some consumer savvy to score a couple bottles of this stuff for cheap. It smells like heaven, fruity delicious heaven. It feels like oily mayonnaise as my friend describes it but I like its thick creamy texture. It does leave a slight, tactile residue but I think it's supposed to. My boyfriend uses this product too. Well worth the price, available at some pharmacies now! You used to have to buy it at salons. It definitely nourishes my hair and makes it feel healthier, but a little heavier too. Not a great conditioner if you want to tease or braid your hair. People tell me my hair is "slippery" when they try to style it. Not wet, but so smoothe and shiny it doesn't hold shape well.

A great conditioner!

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

This conditioner is excellent! I use it every single time that I wash my hair. I am always getting compliments on how great my hair looks and how soft it is, all thanks to this conditioner! It also doesn't hurt that it smells soooo good as well!

This conditioner works wonders! I use it every time I wash my hair, and sometimes that is every single day. I have naturally curly hair and so sometimes my hair is a big mess of knots and tangles, they always come out when I use this. This conditioner is very effective on helping keep my hair soft and shining and it doubles as a de-tangler.

The Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner smells so amazing! I am always getting compliments on how great my hair smells. I love smelling my hair throughout the day and the good smell does last all day long.

Best conditioner I have ever used!

Comments about Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner:

I went to the salon recently to get a new haircut and also had a shampoo/conditioning treatment done. The whole day my hair felt healthier and I got compliments on it. I called the salon the next day and they told me that they had used this Nexxus conditioner on my hair. I immediately went out and purchased it. Since then, Nexxus Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner has been my go to conditioner.

This conditioner does a great job at lessening the appearance of my split ends, soothing dry areas, and making my hair more manageable. My hair looks and feels healthier. This conditioner doesn't weight my hair down or make it appear greasy. The smell is fresh and clean, not too overpowering or noticeable. The texture of the conditioner is nice and easy to spread through hair.

One thing I do not really like is the shape of the bottle. I wish it was just a regular bottle because after you squeeze the bottle it can easily get misshapen and it can then be difficult to get product out. I think this is due to the material that the bottle is made out of as well. The price is also more expensive than some conditioners. Although this conditioner is great quality so I think it is worth the price.

Overall I strongly recommend this conditioner for healthy looking (and feeling) hair!