4.8
Ocean Spray - Craisins

Ocean Spray - Craisins

4.8

Oh so good!

People here the word cranberries, and immediately think of the words TART or SOUR.  However, this product isn't like that at all!  Craisins are small dried fruit that have a very sweet, yet slightly (SLIGHTLY) tart taste.  They taste nothing like you'd imagine Cranberry juice to taste, so relax.  You'll be pleasantly surprised with them.  I promise!

The only con I can think of is that they're so good, I find them addicting.  I can't just eat a handful of them.  But I don't just eat them for the taste.  I have a history of bladder infections, and my doctor recommended that I eat these to help fend off future infections.  Something about cranberries helps with bladder infections, so I'm always drinking cranberry juicy.  Now, I have an alternative!  Just eat these delicious snacks & I get my cranberry intake.  Weird, but it works.

You'll find this product right next to the raisins in your grocery store.  They're slightly more expensive than raisins.  If you're comparing the taste to a raisin, you'll find that craisins are not as sweet.  They're also smaller.  But the taste is BIGGER.

Not that healthy

Ocean Spray states that one serving of Craisins is "equal to one serving of fruit." This just isn't true. Craisins have a high amount of added sugar. Each 1/3 cup serving of Craisins contains 26 grams, which is equal to 6 1/2 packets, of sugar. These are candy, not fruit.

For the same reason, the comparison to raisins doesn't hold and using Crasins instead of unsweetened raisins doesn't amount to the same thing.

This isn't to say that Craisins aren't a fine ingredient in a lot of recipes, but so are chocolate chips.

I therefore like to be sparing in my use of Craisins. I would have them more often if they were healthier. But they aren't, and there are plenty of unsweetened, all-fruit alternatives such as dried apple rings, raisins, or freeze-dried fruits--or you could even eat fresh whole fruit.

So tasty!

from Phoenix,Az

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Addictive
  • Balanced Sweetness
  • Delicious
  • Smooth

Cons

• Dessert
    • Snacking

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

These are one of my favorite snacks,just the right amount of sweetness and not to filling. they are also great for baking,such as putting them in cookies or muffins. I highly recommend these to everyone!

The only cranberries I'll use!

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

I don't even know where to start with Ocean Spray Craisins! They have so many uses that they have always remained a staple in my house! The best part about them is that they're amazing just by themselves! My favorite uses for them are: by themselves, in salads, in oatmeal cookies, in baking, in trail mix, and on vanilla ice cream! They are perfectly tangy, like cranberries should be. They don't taste too sweet, and they're very natural. I'd recommend these to anyone!

Versatile and delicious!

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

These dried fruits are a wonderful product that can be used for a wide variety of dishes. I have included them in muffins, cookies, salads, chicken casseroles, and tuna salads. I highly recommend this product. They last for a really long time if they get lost in the closet and you happen to forget about them. They are sweet and delicious. They are a dried cranberry fruit product that is sold in a resealable package.

delicious

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

these are delicious. I like them as a snack all by themselves, but they are also great for adding to things. I especially like them in trail mix with different nuts - they are a healthy option than chocolate, salads- especially with feta cheese, and chicken salad. the only downside is that they are a bit pricey

Great! Even better than raisins.

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

I love Craisins! They are soft, chewy, and tart but not too tart. That said I love cranberries more than most. I've been known to eat them plain out of the freezer. But these are nowhere near as tart as that. They only thing better than Craisins are yogurt covered Craisins. Those might as well be candy.

A Tart but Sweet Treat!

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

I hate raisins but I love craisins! They are dried cranberries and oh so good! They are crisp, sweet, and slightly tart all at the same time! They are always so fresh and good! I love to just eat them as a snack. I also like to put them in cookies! They are a great add-in to so many recipes! They are also great in fruit salad or regular salad!

Dried cranberries made by Ocean Spray.

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

Ocean Spray Craisins are delicious! They come in a variety of flavors. My favorite is the blueberry infused cranberry. They aren't as tart as a whole cranberry and make a terrific salad topping. They are also excellent mixed into chicken salad or added to cookies.

A great tasting craisin!

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

Ocean Spray - Craisins are awesome to snack on. I really like them by themselves but my wife makes oatmeal bars or power bars with these Craisins cooked into them. They do taste great in these oatmeal bars and actually seem to give you a great source of energy.

A little too sweet with sugar

from Jackson Heights, NY

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

I am not sure how healthy these really are considering that they are flavored with sugar. They taste good though and can last a pretty long time. The flavor is not too bitter and pairs well with salads. I especially like it in cereal. I have also put them in plain yogurt to give it some flavor.

Craisins are my life

Comments about Ocean Spray - Craisins:

I don't know why, but my husband came home with a huge bag of craisins over the weekend. Some people form bias opinions about craisins due to the fact that they hate raisons. I had to try one and I instantly fell in love. Previously I got through a hard divorce, but craisons have really made me see the big picture. I don't go anywhere without craisins and I hope that everyone will find out about how amazing they truly are! Raisons are very bland but craisins have a burst of flavor that fills my mouth with love!