Other Body Lotions:

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

great for people in construction!

My step dad started using this about a month ago and already loves it he has built house for almost 30 years and now he is getting older the winter months kills his hands they are always dry and cracked and hurts after work he has tried everything people have told him to try and no results. One of his new employees told him about this product so again he was trying another product .... with less then 2 weeks he was almost healed (expect the very tough parts) and he says they feel alot better and seem to be preventing them from cracking as much he usually does. He even tried burts bee's and said this was alot better because its not so greasy and it heals not just mosituzied. He will be buying this product from now on and I am so glad he found something that works!!

It also says to apply 1-3 daily but he only does it at nighttime he may get a chance on Sundays to do it more then once but he usually only does it at bedtime so go out and try this if you have dry and cracked hands!!

Not worth it if you have a medical condition.

My husband picked this up for me after reading about it in some magazine. Any time he reads about a lotion or comes across something different in a store regarding a therapeutic type of lotion for hands, feet, or any other part of the body's skin, he gets it. I really thought this would have worked. Any time the weather is dry and hot, or dry and cold, my hands break out, redden up, crack, peel, and burn! No doctor has been able to help me, yet. The packaging made me believe that it was made for people who have a difficult time opening up a jar with hands in pain. What a waste of money in the packaging department (wonderful design! Really!!)

The scent was nice, not over powering, and it didn't have a medicinal aroma. It is always nice to have something available to put on your hands that others around you are not looking around for the culprit while their noses are scrunched up or covered by the neck of their shirt. It can at LEAST be hidden when applying it in a room with plenty of people around.

Absorption
It absorbed TOO WELL! It seems like that wouldn't be a problem, but it truly can be! After applying it...repeatedly...my hands felt like I didn't have anything on! My hands felt okay for about 5 minutes before they were super dry again. There is no slimy, greasy, slippery film left behind, so handling anything afterwards won't leave any of the lotion behind on whatever it is in you hand.

It could be that my skin issue is more than just from the weather changes. It didn't do ANYTHING to relieve the pain, redness, burning, cracking, bleeding, dryness, soreness, and splitting that occur for both my daughter and I. There is no way I would recommend this to someone who has a skin condition that isn't related to an outdoor job.

Awesome cream!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

I LOVE this cream and it works so well to keep my hands from cracking and becoming dry. I try to use this at least 3 times a week to keep my hands looking and feeling good. The creme is in a tub and feels very waxy when trying to put it on. It is hard as it comes out of the can but quickly absorbs well into the hands and after a few minutes, my hands feel soft and silky. I like to apply this in the evening before bed to really see the results on my hands.
This creme is not very expensive at all, and it lasts a long time. I would highly recommend this for people suffering from dry, cracked hands. This stuff is the best on the market!

There really isn't a scent with this product. I like that in a hand lotion as I feel the scented products do not work as well.

Absorption
This product takes a few minutes to fully absorb into the hands. I would not apply this and expect to have it absorb immediately.

This product is amazing and really works well.

• Absorption:

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme. Phenomenal cream for dry skin!

from Austin, Tx

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

I use to work a manual labor job where my hands were being put through a lot of abuse on a daily basis. I desperately needed and wanted something to help relieve my cracked, chaffing, dry hands. I tried many different brands of lotions and creams searching for the best and most productive kind until one day I walked into Bed Bath & Beyond and planted my eye's on O'Keeffe's cream. I tried it as soon as I left the store and have been in love with it ever since. It transformed my rough, dry and damaged skin almost immediately. My hands felt so hydrated after using this product and the absorption was great. My co-workers loved it too and would ask to use some of my cream for their hands almost daily until I went and bought them each a tub. This stuff is that good that even others noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. It is truly a cream that lives up to what it says it can do.

I personally love the scent of this product. It is not strong in smell at all and has a clean, fresh with a hint of a medicated type of aroma to it that I like.

Absorption
This cream quickly absorbs fast, getting into every crevice and crack of your skin.

O'Keeffe's hand cream is phenomenally effective at relieving dry, damaged, cracked, chaffed skin providing long lasting moisture and relief.

• Absorption:

Not worth it if you have a medical condition.

Helps Heal Cracked Hands

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

Working Hands is truly a life saver for anyone who's suffered from cracked hands. Working outside for hours everyday for work, and during the winter months my hands are constantly cracking into painful, open splits - especially on my thumbs and tips of my fingers. I tried everything, but this is the one thing that finally worked! It isn't the easiest to put on - it's very sticky and doesn't spread out easily, but as long as it works that's all that truly matters to me. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone. Working Hands is the best on the market.

It really doesn't have a scent until you get up close to it, then it has a waxy, mildly unpleasant odor - but if it works to heal badly cracked hands, it can smell like anything it wants.

Absorption
It absorbs easily into skin - it doesn't spread out easily but it absorbs well.

Working Hands can truly heal rough, abused, cracked hands better than anything else I've found so far. Definitely effective and worth every penny.

• Absorption:

Working Hands is a working wonder!

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

I have extremely dry skin all year round, but especially in the winter. I have tried many different creams and lotions. I love Jergens Original lotion for daily use, but it has to be applied frequently and often does not feel as effective when my skin is at its worst. O'Keefe's Working Hands is different. It only has to be applied once or twice a day and always works quickly. I've found that the best method for me is to apply Working Hands right before I go to sleep and let it work all night. By morning, my hands are smooth and the dry feeling is gone.

I don't notice much of a scent with Working Hands. This makes it good for my (and anyone else's) sensitive skin. It's lack of perfume means that people with skin allergies with probably not be effected by this hand cream.

Absorption
Working Hand absorbs very well, but in small quantities. If you apply too much, then it will leave residue on your hands and then white streaks on things you touch. The benefit to this, in my opinion, is that since you only have to use small amounts, Working Hands lasts much longer than other lotions that require a lot to work.

I have found that it usually only takes one or two applications of Working Hands to see a great improvement in the dryness and cracking of my skin. However, in order to maintain that improvement, I apply it each night and get smooth, healthy feeling skin on my hands.

• Absorption:

Very happy with this product.

from Beloit, KS

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

This product is oddly cooling, silky smooth and works very well on my dry hands (and feet!) It is not at all greasy either. It is without scent, so it does not compete with any fragrance that I would choose to use. It absorbs quickly, and a little goes a long way. I plan on using this product from now on.

• Absorption:

Works surprising well on eczema-laden hands

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

There is no true cure for eczema, and doctors love to prescribe strong steroids that actually thin the skin over time, making the condition worse. I've been looking for an effective solution forever, and Working Hands Creme has been the best so far. In spite of the colder weather, which makes my hands worse with cracked fingers that feel like attack-of-the-paper-cuts, I have gone from buying and using pain-reducing ointments and bandages in bulk on a daily basis to wearing maybe one bandage a week.

I use the product every night, and during the day as needed.

My biggest complaint is that regular stores like my local pharmacies don't carry it. I have to visit the local hardware store or auto-supply store, and they are often sold out because of the product's popularity.

No scent--excellent!

Leaves hands not-greasy.

The product stopped my fingers from bleeding after regular use for a short time.

No more cracked heels

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

I actually bought this for my husband, he does lots of work with solvents and his hands and cuticle's are a mess. He hates greasy creams so this one is just right for him. It is a little waxy feeling at first but absorbs nicely after a minute or two.

We have found that when applying a stiff cream like this to just scrape a bit with your nail and apply to the back of your hands or in my case heels and just keep rubbing until it is adsorbed.

Well what's his is mine, so I slapped some on my heels and put on some socks before bed, woke up to nice soft feet in the morning. We both love this cream and can not live without it, especially in the winter months.

We were previous users of Utter Cream, but I don't find that it helped much. O'keeffe's is odorless and not at all greasy.

I do have to order from amazon, with is a pain, but well worth it in my opinion. This is an excellent product and I highly recommend it to anyone with cracked sore hands and feet.

I just ordered some for my son and nephew, that is how much I love this stuff!

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme is Awesome!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

Living in Minnesota in the Winter, the inside air gets so dry and my skin dries out horribly. I can't stand the feeling of dry skin and I really hate it when I get cracks around my fingernails. They are so painful and hard to heal. I have tried probably hundreds of different hand creams, and the O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme is one of the best. I love that it has no annoying fragrances and that it is hypoallergenic. The pure white color gives me confidence that it's not going to irritate my skin. It is so soothing and feels so good to rub it into my skin. It leaves a bit of a waxy coating, which I really like, because I know that it is protecting my skin, and keeping the moisture inside. And it really does get rid of the cracks around the fingernails.

I have tried so many different skin creams from so many different brands, and I find that the O'Keeffe's Working Hands is a great value. It's not the cheapest hand cream that I've tried, but it is also far from the most expensive. And a little bit of this skin cream goes a long way. This reminds me that I'm almost out and need to pick some up next time I go to the drugstore.

Good but sticky

from Buxton, NC

Comments about O'Keeffe's Working Hands Creme:

I have used one container of this product and it had satisfactory results. The only drawback was that it became sticky after awhile. i solved this problem by using it in the evenings. It goes on easily and soothes chapped and dry skin. Hope that if you try if you don't need to do anything after application. It is possible that I used too much because if a little is good I seem to think alot is better.