Other Solid Feedings:
Nuby
Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup

Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup

Transition from bottle to sippy cup, easily!

Nuby's No-Spill Sippy Cups are a easy way to transition baby from bottle to sippy cup.

The silicone spout is similiar to the Nuby's bottle nipples.  They feel the same.  This is great for those babies/toddlers who don't want to give up the bottle.

I have had many children in my daycare who have transitioned from bottle to sippy cups using nuby's no-spill cups and there hasn't been one problem.  The children are willing to give up the ba-ba for it.

Does not drip (unless you squeeze the spout, it is silicone)Comes with a lid (safe for placing in diaper bag or car)Competively priced

I, highly recommend these cups if you are about to wean your sweet one from the bottle.

Really not impressed with this one...

AHHH, the Nuby no spill drinking cup. This was one of the first cups we bought for our daughter. At first it seemed like a great cup, i loved the style and that my daughter could hold it easily. And the label said leak proof so that was major plus. So we bought it and let her use it. The lid would not stay on and she made a big mess. So we thought maybe that one was just messed up so we bought another and the same thing happened. The lid would not stay on the cup and you could just pull it right off- no twisting at all. So naturally the liquids would drain right out of it. Also the nipple was a little hard to clean off because of the way it was made. If you have a nipple cleaner for bottles then it could be easy for you to clean it and since its silicone my daughter chewed holes in it. Overall not happy with this product.

Not for long-term use.

from Deep Water, WV

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

Well, my daughter loved this cup when she was in the market for a sippy cup.  She was breastfed and could also drink from  a traditional sippy cup, but, missed nursing.  This was good for the transition.  I agree that the kids bite pieces off of the mouth piece after a few uses.  Also, it tears easily when cleaning.  The cup we bought came with a lid but the lid wouldn't stay on the cup.  I did not buy another one once I had to throw it away.  We got the disposable Take 'n toss cups.

Wonderful for bottle to cup transition!!!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

We used this cup and other Nuby products to transition from bottle to cup.  We used this at night when we weaned off the bottle and my son took to it immediately.  It was so easy and we were off the bottle within a week.  I would highly recommend trying this kind of cup for the same reasons.  After some use the tip for drinking did split and it was no longer spillproof.  The fat short cup with handles my son threw on the floor and the plastic split but I would still recommend this cup for transitions because it was a miracle worker!!

Great for taking off the bottle, take when they bite with teeth

from Stout, OH

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

I would suggest this for any parent who is serious about taking their child off a bottle, yet don't buy and keep buying for the older ones with teeth who like to bite and chew on things.  I have seen quite a few children who has adults around them taking part of them keeping and continuing to give/allow to use and some have even choked on the nipples they bite off these.  So, PLEASE!, don't give or get another one once you notice ur child is doing this.  I myself would rather have my child than a "convienant sippy cup".  Don't say it if you haven't really thought about it in "Safety Matters!" first......It can happen!!

Good, at first

from Peru, ME

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

This was my daughter's first sippy cup introduced at around 6 months. It was wonderful at first beause it was easy for her to hold and drink from on her own. The problems that I had with them was after a while, she would only gnaw on them. She ended up using them more for teething than for drinking. I think that this product is awesome for a first sippy when your baby DOESN'T have any teeth, but once those teeth come in, it's time to switch to a different cup.

Bite Proof

from Highland, IL

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

The little nubby's are great until a child gets teeth. Once they get some teeth it is too easy for them to bite a hole in them. I couldn't figure out why all my daughters sippy cups were leaking and I started really looking at them. I realized that they all had holes bitten in the nipple. They are great to use while breaking them off the bottle.

They are a CHOKING HAZARD

from Shinnston, WV

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

I wish I had all the money back we spent on these cups! They are easily chewed and pose a choking hazard! They are definitely an easy transition from bottle to cup, and easy to unassemble and wash, without alot of complex parts. But after a couple days of use, the slits in the sippy part bust and thankfully it hasn't happened to my kids, but that is definitly a choking hazard!

You get what you pay for

from Lafayette, IN

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

I was excited to try this type of sippy for my child, but became very disappointed after just a weeks worth of use.  The no spill sippy cup leaked all over, after just 3 uses (and my child didn't have teeth yet).  It would leak if it was tipped over, held upside down, or when being shook while upright.

If you like your baby wet then this the cup for you

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

I bought this sippy cup on the recommendation of a friend. It is the worst thing I have ever used. After my son drinks from it he is soaking wet all the way down the front of his shirt and pants. I dumb cup lets to much water out and starts leaking the first time its used.

spill proof, gets child using a cup faster than sippy cups.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

The nuby cups come in various tops.  One is a cross between a bottle and a sippy cup.  It makes the child suck and prepares them to use a straw.  There is one between the bottle/sippy cup, it is strawlike but a little fatter than a straw.  Then there is one that is a straw.  All is spill proof.  We have used all three in that order.  Our son stopped using a bottle at 10 months.  He didn't even care about the bottles, he wanted to be like his dad and drink from a straw.  I highly recommend this product.

Doesn't withstand toddlers that like to chew on things.

from Nicholasville, KY

Comments about Nuby No-Spill Drinking Cup:

Although I enjoy the easy transition this cup offers, I was constantly buying replacement cups with my first son because he chewed all the tops apart.  The screw on lids also tend to leak after numerous uses.  With my second son I only gave him these cups for about 3 months and then switched to a harder spout because he was already chewing on the spout.  Overall, yes these are worth trying, but don't expect to be able to use them for very long .