Other Solid Feedings:
Munchkin
Munchkin Snack Catcher

Munchkin Snack Catcher

Munchkin Snack Catchers are awesome for travel - and at home too

Munchkin Snack Catchers are the perfect container for babies, toddlers, and children who can feed themselves.

I love the fact that it is easy for little hands to get into the top and get food out, but when it tips over, the food stays in.

We have tried different foods in them, and so far everything has worked fine. Small pieces like Gerber Graduate Puffs stay inside the cup while larger pieces like Gerber Graduates Crunchers or WagonWheels are still easy enough to pull out of the top.

The cups have a rubberized bottom so it doesn't slide around and rubberized handle grips for easy grabbing.

The silicone top is easy to get on and off and REALLY stays on when it is being used. The spiral star opening in the lid makes it easy for hands to get in since it will expand to the size needed and the edges are rounded so there are no scraped hands while the child pulls his hand in and out.

On the bottom of the cup there is a spot to write a child's name to help prevent loss (or just to keep mix-ups from happening.)

The cups come in several two-color choices and are also available in single or two-pack.

This is one of the best snack cups I have seen.

Help! It's eating my hand!

Oh I had such hope for the Munchkin Snack Catcher. I had thought I was done having children. I worked in our homeschool co-op nursery to get my baby fix. I saw some of the coolest things and always thought, "Why didn't they have these things when my kids were little?" And the Munchkin Snack Catcher was one of those products.

Then, I was blessed with a SURPRISE little baby girl. I got the opportunity to try out one of these cool little snack holders. Unfortunately, my little darling doesn't like it.

The holder has two handles on the side for ease of holding. The lids are made of a silicone type material and it actually goes on top of the holder rather easily, and doesn't fall off. Perfect. The snack catcher holds a fair amount of Cheerios or whatever you put into it. When you tip it upside down, little to no snack comes flying out. It is the perfect premise.

BUT...my toddler thinks it is eating her hand. She pokes at it. She sticks her hand in it, screams and won't pull her hand out. Eventually, it is thrown across the car in a fit of anger. Usually, I'm sure, aimed at my head.

I am hoping that in the future, she will get over this silly stage, but for now, we are just sticking it back in the cupboard.

good value for money, saves a huge mess

from New Jersey

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

My daughter would get snacks everywhere it would drive me nuts. When seen this I was so excited and its really good value for money.. the lid is soft for her little hands to get her snacks in and out and it really does keep her from spills. Plus the two handles really help her keep a hold of the container.

My kids like using the Munchkin snack catchers

from Sherborn, MA

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

The Munchkin brand snack catchers are colorful and eye catching for kids. My boys wanted to try them out immediately. They are durable and well made and a very good value. They do keep most snacks from falling out and making a mess. They are easy for parents to fill and simple for small children to use. They are great for travel. They are dishwasher safe a BPA free which is very important. The Munchkin snack catchers are a really good addition to your typical solid feeding implements. I would recommend this product to other parents. They hold a lot and they hold up well.

Munchkin snack catcher teaches kids bad table manners

from Sylvania, OH

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

I work in a childcare environment where the Munchkin Snack Catcher cups are praised, but I really do not like them. They seem like a good idea at first, but they really cause more of a problem in the process. They may prevent a big spill here or there, but usually if a spills is at a snack table, then it doesn't matter. However, the kids who bring in these snack cups have learned that they can walk around whereever their little legs take them and take their snack cups with them. This results in goldfish being ground into the carpet and fruit being smushed onto toys. Obviously the parents who gave their children these cups are too lazy to try to encourage good table manners and would rather just let their kids do whatever they please whenever they please, including teaching them that it is ok to eat anywhere but at the table. These cups make my job twice as difficult because we have to constantly walk around the entire room to find the messes, when normally, kids would have learned by the age of 3 to eat at a table, but are walking around everywhere else.

Snack Catcher less sweeping

from Brunswick, ME

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

I love these snack cups. It didn't take long for my daughter to figure out how to use them, and it saved me from having to clean up a lot of Cheerios. I bought these when my daughter was around 9 months old and she is now 16 months and still uses them everyday. I always keep a spare cup in the diaper bag, it makes it some much easier to give her a snack when we are shopping, I don't have to worry about leaving a trail of mess behind us. We have a large labrador who also loves snacks, this cup really makes it easier for me to keep track that he isn't eating our of her dish if she leaves it on the floor and walks away. They have a spot on the bottom to write their name if they are taking it to a play group or daycare, The lid stays on the cup very well my daughter hasn't been able to take the lid off yet. One draw back I wish that they came with a solid lid for transport or storage. Other than that I highly recommend these snack cups.

Quite a Nice Idea

from Beloit, WI

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

I used these snack catchers with my first son and now my second... and my first again. These little guys are plastic cups with lids that are made of a soft rubbery plastic. The food mostly stays in and the kids can retrieve it at their leizure.

I would mostly use this for the car with my firstborn. My second son just loves the concept. He loves to be able to get cereal himself as he feels like it. I think he feels like he is in charge that he can go and get the cup and eat it whenever he wants. This has made my 3-year-old interested in these again and he also wants to carry one around with cereal sometimes.

These guys are easy to clean and not terribly expensve. Not that you need a whole lot of them anyway. If your child really wants to, they will make a mess. If you shake them violently, the food will fly out around your hosue, but in general, it is very nice.

They are dishwasher safe and certainly not complicated. Even if it doesn't work out as well for you as it does other people, it is worth checking out. I would recommend.

Munchikin Snack Catcher is Great For Snacks!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

I bought this a few years to be able to make it easier to give my young kids snacks in the car for long car ride. It worked really well. I didn't want them to have cups or bags which would spill easily if they were dumped upside down. When these snack catchers are held upside down nothing spills out. They are really easy to use. The lid is easy for a parent to take off and put back, but my kids haven't ever been able to open them up. It is easy for the kids to put their hands in and pull the snacks out. If the snacks are small, like Cheerios, and the child puts their whole hand in, extra snacks will come out with their hand and spill. That is the only complaint I have about these cups. It doesn't seem to be a problem with bigger snacks though. I would definitely recommend these for long car rides. It makes a trip better when you can your child a cup without worry that they will dump it upside spilling all their snacks (which would probably upset them) and making a big mess (likely to upset you).

Great, but not perfect

from Ozark, MO

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

Between our house, my mother's house, and my mother-in-law's house we have eight of these. The flexible lid comes off and you fill it up with puffs, cheerios, or whatever little snack, then you replace the lid and your kiddo reaches through the slits to grab up handfuls of deliciousness. They are nice to toss in the diaper bag. For the most part the snacks don't fall out in there. They are also nice for car rides because you can just hand your kid that at the beginning and they can munch along on their own. I will say that with my twenty month old these are not spill proof. She loves to stick her hand in there and grab up as much as humanly possible and then over half of them fall on the floor on the way to her mouth. This is especially true in the car. She also likes to shake it around and make them come out. She does have to shake it pretty hard though. Overall they are great if you can deal with some spills.

Munckkin Snack Catcher is Brilliant

from Gloucester, MA

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

I just bought the Munchkin Snack Catcher for my one year old, who makes a complete mess when he is eating his puffs and cheerios. I thoguht it would keep the food in the bowl or in his mouth. Not quite. He gets the ideaof sticking his hand i the cover to get the food, but grabs too many puffs, resulting in most going everywhere. I suppose the snack catcher works better with bigger snacks, something he is not yet ready for.

I like that the cup is portable but, wish it also came with a cover to prevent spilling in the diaper bag.

Even though puffs and cheerios stilll end up spilled everywhere, it is not nearly as much if I gave him a regular bowl. When he tips the bowl upside down and shakes it, only a few fall out...not every single one!

Just becuase this product is not perfect, does not mean it is not worth having. Some people have said the top comes off easily. It does not! I would not trade these cups in for anything, despite all of the room for improvement that it does have.

A great invention!

from North Richland Hills, TX

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

My favorite thing to feed my daughter snacks outof! She can reach in and get her snack without making a huge mess. It does not hurt her hand. It holds a nice amount of snack. It has handles with grippers and a bottom that is slide proof! They are easy to take a part and clean but hard enough to get a part that my daughter cannot take the top off. They are great for home just vegging on the couch or out and about running errands. I do not have to worry that we are leaving a snack trail throughout the store. Another great feature is that they are BPA free!! They come in fun colors! Munchkin Snack Catchers have made snack time a lot more funny for mommy and daughter! I don't have huge spills to clean up and everytime my daughter pulls a snack out she says surprise, like she just found something awesome! Love these and would totally recommend them to any parent who has swept the floor one too many times because snacks went all over the place!!!

perfect for babies starting to snack

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Munchkin Snack Catcher:

This munchkin snack catcher is awesome! I was given two of these snack catchers for Christmas last year. I kind of tucked them away since my baby was not old enough to snack. When he started eating puffs, and now that he is really becoming independant and wants to feed himself his snacks, this is the perfect "why didn't I think of that" invention. It is great to just stick in your diaper bag and not have to worry about any lids coming off and all of the snacks falling out into your purse or bag. My baby loves to feed himself and this allows him to do so without making an absolute mess of wherever we are. If he is sitting in a shopping cart and drops it, no problem. Nothing spills, I just pick it up and go on with my shopping. No messes to clean up in the car, kitchen, and no finding random snacks all over the house. It keeps things clean and it is very portable. It also holds a good amount of snacks so you dont have to refill it a lot!