3.7
Nuby
Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cup With Straw 12 oz Assorted Colors Baby Bottle

Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cup With Straw 12 oz Assorted Colors Baby Bottle

3.7

"My little guy loves his Nuby sippy!"

I first bought the Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cup to help my son transition from bottle to cup when he was nine months old. He didn't really like it at first because he just couldn't get the hang of holding the cup down (instead of tipping up like a milk bottle) or of sipping through a straw, but that's what these things are for, right? For LEARNING!

After getting the hang of the hold and straw-drinking, my son just wouldn't go anywhere without his Nuby sippy! It has been his favorite out of a number of other cups we tried to pass on to him, maybe it's the bright and fun colors (his is orange and lime green)! This cup is great for little hands learning to open and close things, too; the flip-up straw flips up for drinking and flips down under a little slider when not in use so it doesn't get all gross in your diaper bag or rolling around on the floor between sips.

My son thinks the little drop of water that flicks out when he flips the straw up is fun, though sometimes being on the receiving end of flying water isn't always great (unless you have a good sense of humor... I've taken many a flying water droplet to the face. Gotta love being a mom...).

The only other drawback I can think of is the cleaning aspect; I find the straw housing to be vry difficult to clean, especially since the no-spill tag comes from a very squishy straw featuring a sort of valve that opens whe compressed and closes when released. I don't know if thisis across the board, but my kid backwases food into that thing and it gets kind of nasty. I wish it were easier to clean, but we make due.

Overall, however, the Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cup with straw is a wonderful way to transition baby from bottle to cup, comes in lots of great colors, and is fabulous for little learners! Great value for the price!

Could not get liquid out of straw!

This would have been the perfect sippy cup for my son. If only he could have gotten any liquid out! He still nurses, so I thought this would be perfect for a breastfeeding baby. At 8 months old, he could use a regular straw just fine. But this straw is made so that when you suck the liquid up, it stays at the top, I guess to make it easier for babies who can't do regular straws. Anyway, in order to get the liquid out of the straw, you have to either use a fast tongue motion (like a baby sucking, I suppose) or bite it rapidly in succession. In either case, neither my son nor I could figure it out. And he is still nursing... you would have thought he would take to the sucking motion right away, but not so. It was practically impossible to use. I will be using one with a regular straw from now on.

"My little guy loves his Nuby sippy!"

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cup With Straw 12 oz Assorted Colors Baby Bottle:

Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Straw Cup: The Only Cup My Toddler Likes

from Beltsville, MD

Toddlers are so darn picky! From what they will eat to what they want to wear, they have strong opinions about everything. This straw cup made by Nuby is the ONLY cup my daughter will use. I enjoy the spill-proof nature of the cup. The design is very good for toddlers. The flip top is easy enough for little hands to use but strong enough it doesn't pop open if bumped.

However, It is a pain to clean. the cup and lid are dishwasher safe but the straw pieces are easily lost in the dishwasher drain. We have had to get extremely creative with the way we wash these straw pieces without stretching the silicon straw top. The dishwasher baskets for bottles are useless to help this situation. The pieces are so small and skinny they fall right through the holes.

Another problem we have experienced is that my daughter likes to bite down on the straw when she drinks from the cup. This bad habit has destroyed the silicone part of the straw on several cups. We often find ourselves with cups and hard plastic straws but desperately searching for a clean silicone piece.

It is difficult to find reasonably priced replacement parts for this cup! But it is the only cup she loves and will use so what do you do? You deal with it because we know who really runs the house.

My baby loves this cup

from Mooresburg, TN

My son recently turned one year-old so I have been working on getting him to drink from cups rather than bottles. I found the Nuby Flip-It No-Spill Cub with the straw and decided to give it a try since he had been easily sipping from a straw. I have since bought several more because he absolutely loves this cup. He can hold it and drink from it easily and it doesn't spill, so that is a definite plus. However, even though it is a pretty good cup, it is rather difficult to clean the top portion of the cup particularly the straw. You can't easily get into the smaller areas which are probably the areas that need the most cleaning. Also, even though it doesn't actually spill when tipped over, my son likes to flick the straw and it tends to flip milk or juice or whatever he's drinking. That may not necessarily be a con as far as the cup goes, because that is my son's doing, but it does make it a little messy. All in all, I think for the price and the ease with which he is transitioning it is worth the money.

Love/hate relationship with this cup.

from Goose Creek, SC

I loved this cup because it was the only one that my son would use.  He just could not get the hang of turning the other styles up to drink.  He decided at 10 months that he no longer wanted his bottle.  He just preferred his cup.  This made my life easier as far as the dreaded bottle breaking.  The price was less expensive than other types.  This helped him learn how to suck through a straw as well.

It wasn't a cute cup.  That's silly, but for a first-time mom, I wanted him to have all the cutesy cups with designs on it.  There is no insulator like a lot of the other styles (which is where the whole you get what you pay for comes in).  It was an odd shape so it didn't fit in cup holders.  Also, I did not enjoy putting it together.  The straw comes a part in 3 sections and it just annoyed me.  I was happy when he learned how to use regular cups and we switched brands.  If you're looking for a sippy cup that doesn't leak, I'm pretty sure there isn't one.  A cup that is turned over is most likely going to leak a little at least.

I'd still recommend this cup to other moms, but just let them know about how the straw works.

I love/hate these Nuby sippy cups

from Toledo, IA

That's right... I'm in a love/hate relationship with these cups. My daughter has been using them since around ten months, and she drinks from them like a champ... when they work. You have to have the straws inserted properly or there's no suction. After I fix that and she gets a drink, she usually leaves it on the floor, where it definitely DOES leak. It's not a fast leak but I always find wet spots on my floors or milk on the rug. I also don't like how when she flips the lid open, it sprays us all in the face if there is any liquid left in the straw from her last drink. We have gotten a lot of juice and milk in the eyes -- nothing sadder than a bewildered baby with milk dripping from her eyelashes! I also think it has confused my daughter b/c now she doesn't tip other sippy cups up because you hold these down so you can drink from the straw. Overall I like how toddler-friendly it is -- most of the time -- but it's a pain to wash all the little parts and I am constantly digging through the dishwasher for clean straws.

Love it!

from Sykesville, MD

This product is great when children begin drinking out of a cup rather than a bottle.  My daughter used this with ease around the age of 9 months or so.  Although it doesn't have handles, she is able to grasp it easy and hold it on her own.  She still uses it now at 18 months and can even open it herself with ease.  One of the biggest cons of this product is the fact that it doesn't fit it any cup holders, regardless of the size.  So that makes it a bit of a pain.  Also, my daughter realized one day, while teething, that she could simply rip off part of the flexible straw with her teeth.  Luckily we caught her at it very quickly and removed the piece from her mouth, but we had to throw out the rest of the straw since it no longer worked.  The prices I've seen for this product are reasonable and it makes the transition from bottle to cup very easily.  Haven't had many problems with leaks either, but it does happen on occasion.

Could not get liquid out of straw!

from Leland, NC

Easy for baby to use

from Greenwood, IN

My daughter loves these cups. At 16 months she can easily open and close the straw.  I wish the straw design were a bit different.  The current design makes them somewhat difficult to reassemble after cleaning.

Best gift ever!!

from Leesburg, VA

We have had an insane uphill battle getting our son transitioned over from bottles to sippy cups. For months, our cupboard was full of 10-15 different brands and types; anything I could think of that he might like to drink out of. We tried soft tips (he just chewed on them), hard tips (he chewed on them too), sippy cups with handles, cups without...you name it, we tried it. Eventually, we tried the Nuby Flip-it sippy cup, and my son took to it straight away. I had been hesitant to try this one as it was recommended for children older than my son's age, but he had no problem using it, and this is now the only sippy cup type he will drink out of. My favorite aspect of it is that the lid screws on AND the top flips down, so when my son decides to pick it up and throw it from a great height onto the hardwood floor, it doesn't explode everywhere when the lid comes off (take note, other brands! :) ). The only negative is that you need a teeny tiny bristle brush to get into the 'straw' part of the cup when you are cleaning it, and it would be great if this came with the cup. Other than that - perfect :)

Wonderful sippy cup and easy to use straw

from Arlington, TN

I really thought that straws couldn't be mastered until later into toddlerhood, but I saw a friend's 6 month old using this like a champ.  I purchased one and really liked that the straw is very soft on the gums and tapered with a valve so that a baby can use their sucking skills to get liquids out.  The straw isn't too long so it won't be a choking hazard and the flip top is a genius idea because I cannot keep up with the lids to my other sippy cups.  My daughter loves playing with the flip straw as well.  Since I introduced the regular sippy cup first, that needs to be tipped up in order to drink from it, there was a learning curve to get her to keep the cup down and suck the water up.  I have had zero leak problems with this cup and it gets thrown in the diaper bag and all around the floor.  I just put the top and bottom in the top shelf of the dishwasher to clean and sanitize.  I will start with this sippy cup at 6 months for my next child.