View more cell phones

Nokia
Nokia - Cell Phone

Nokia - Cell Phone

3.7

nokia 2610- dont know what i would do without my at&t!

The reasons you should get an AT&T phone is that its free between customers and low on money for text messaging if you are prepaid. However if you arent prepaid it is still good to have because like most phones you can have umlimited texting or unlimited calling. but some dont tell you is that you can only use that within a time range and if you get AT&T phones you can use unlimted text and calling at anytime. most phones comes with demo games on them..but not AT&T phones they have at least one full version game and i demo and prices for new games are at a good prices. If i must say if you have troubles with phones you wont have any trouble if you get AT&T nokia or any phones from them. See before i came an AT&T customer i was a boost moblie and virgin moblie and both phones gave me such a hassle. Like for insant, boost moblie ;you send a text and whom ever you send it too might never get it or they will get it hours later or the next day and or if someone sends you a text you will prop never  get it and or get it a week later. and service isnt that good with boost and or virgin moblie. and virgin moblie..if you want prepaid and not monthly ones then dont go to them because they cancelled out the day to day plan and only have min to min and monthly!!!

This phone is definetly okay for a first phone.

I received the Nokia 2610 when I signed up for service with A T & T, mainly because it was one of the free phones I had to choose from.  I liked it because it was thin, small and easy to handle.  At first, I really liked the idea of it not being a flip phone, so if in an emergency, I could hit the keys right away and not be fumbling to open the phone up.  But, not having a case that it properly fits in to that I can wear at work, I am prone to either leaving it in my purse or sticking it in my pocket.  If I leave it in my purse, I miss calls (I work in a school for autistic children with severe behaviors...so it must be on the "meeting" or "vibrate" setting.); If I put the phone in my pocket...I sometimes am dialing people I don't mean to...and they can hear me talking, but I cannot hear them.  It is weird.  I do give this phone credit, it has been through a complete wash cycle in the washing machine, about 1 1/2 years ago...Not to mention being dropped many times during conflicts with students, and it is still working; not perfect, but it does work. My husband has the same phone.  He liked it so much that when his first one accidentally fell into our hot tub during routine maintenance, he ordered the same one.  He lo ves the slim design and the fact that it is not a "flip phone".

The phone has many options:  You can send and receive text messages, as well as receive multimedia messages.  It has caller ID, call forwarding, and voice mail.  There are some games on the phone, but the user has the option of purchasing more through the carrier.  This is also true with the ringtones and backgrounds.

So, I would say this has been a pretty good phone, especially for the price!

small enough to fit in your pocket

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

It is a small one piece phone. It does work well in my house where my previous phone had no reception. I can make and recieve calls from inside my house, even in the back room. But the buttons are too small and the screen is hard to read in bright light.

This phone is small but good.

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

It was a cheep way to upgrade from the old TDMA network which is being disconnected. I can get a signal from the back rooms in my house which my old cell phone could not do. This phone is small enough to fit in my pocket sso I can carry it anywhere I go.

A dreadful cell phone - screen can't be read in bright light

from Kamuela, HI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

ATT is apparently changing to a 'new' system and is requiring everyone to acquire 'new' phones.  Unfortunately, the newer cell phones are directed at people who want to e-mail, shop, and do everything but make calls.  My old Nokia was incredibly simple and user-friendly.  I live in Hawaii and the sun is always shining.  This 'new' Nokia's screen is unreadable, even just riding in the car - to say nothing about on the beach.  The phone's 'menu' consists of icons which are indecipherable - not that I care since I have no interest in using the phone except for making and receiving phone calls.  I don't understand why these cell phone manufacturers don't realize that there are some people (more than they think!) who just want a phone that's a phone and make one available.  I'd think it would be much cheaper for them, too.  No games, no 'shopping mall', no e-mail, etc.  Plus some of us prefer to *read* the menu - not try to figure out what's what with silly little icons.  Additonally, being able to easily access stored phone numbers is very important and was easy on my old phone.  Not on this one where I've got to find the correct 'little picture' on the menu, then go through another couple of steps to get to the person's name.

Simple but sturdy Nokia cell phone

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I know the rest of the world has taken to smartphones but I still love my Nokia. I've had this phone for three years and it still functions great. The battery still lasts days. I cannot tell you how many times I've dropped this phone and its broken into pieces and yet, you put it all back together and still works perfectly. I am confident that I could toss it across the room and it would still function properly. It doesn't have any bells and whistles but that's part of it's charm. I can t9 text without having to look at the screen to find the keys which is great for discrete texting. Some small draw backs are that the phone doesnt have a lot of memory so text inboxes can fill up and it gives no warning that it's full so you don't know until you look at your phone. It's small so it is easy to carry around. My favorite part of the phone is never having to worry about breaking it, it is simple and sturdy.

Nokia 2610 works basically for just calls

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This Nokia 2610 is my husbands.  He does not know how to do anything technilogically.  He strictly uses this for calls.  For him to text on it takes literally five minutes, so he never does.  It doesn not have much memory, or storage capacity.  It does not have a camera or a qwerty keyboard.  You can't listen to music on it.  It's jsut one of the original versions of the Nokia.

He is a construction worker, and is constantly around saw dust.  A few times there was so much saw dust built up into the little holes for the adapter/blue tooth and it would not work except on speaker phone.  I had to completely take the whole phoen apart, including battery, and blow air thru each component to rid it of dirt and saw dust so that it would work again.

Other than that, he puts it through quite a bit and it seems to keep on ticking.  So if you just want a cell phone for making and recieving calls, this phone is ok.

The Nokia 2610 model is basic, at best.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The Nokia 2610 model of cell phone is quite basic. It is good for anyone who wants to use their cell phone for talking and texting only. It is fairly sturdy, I have dropped it a few times and it was okay every time. It seems to get average service for my network.

Extras: Don't buy it for the games, it includes a bad version of pinball and coin flip (it flips a coin and tells you if it is heads or tails, not much of a game). Of course, you can download games, but this is a hassle. The other perks include a calendar, stopwatch, a converter, and an "expense manager". The calendar is fairly easy to use, as is the stopwatch. The converter (changes various measurements to other measurements, such as Fahrenheit to Celsius) is fairly easy, but the choice of measurements included is quite random and you should not expect to be able to convert anything you want. The expense manager is almost impossible to use, it takes forever to load and it takes too much work to record the data.

When in Doubt Don't Lose Your Phone....

from Washington, DC

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

it is very hard to know the emotions one goes through when you have lost your cell phone. Almost six months ago, after having a wonderful new cell phone for only about two months...I lost it. Well technically I did not lose it... Someone stole it.

So off to the AT&T Store I went and when I got there the only phone I could afford was the Nokai -Model 2610.

This phone is the very bare minimums.  It is for those of us who neglect to get phone insurance (or are not offered it) and get stuck having to buy a phone outright.

It does not have a camera. It barely gets online and the music played (if you can download it) ot horrific.

Buy it if you must but Nokia - Model 2610 is a bust.

2610 model

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This is a good cell phone for people who are not very demanding. But 2610 model from the Nokia is not a high end model. Consequently, it is not very expensive. I believe you can get the 26100 model for free actually as long as you sign up for a two-year contract. Nokia and other brands offer this promotion frequently. Anyhow, the 2610 model is quite capable of being a good first phone. This phone would be ideal for young kids or a teenager wanting a cell phone. This phone can receive and make calls with no problems, although it is not efficient for text messaging. This is due to the fact that the keyboard is not a full-blown keyboard. this causes the user to press down on the button several times. But overall it is very good.

Nokia 2610 is a great basic phone

from Carleton, MI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

While I realize that most people are into all of the new cell phones (or mini computers as I like to think of them), I absolutely have no use for something like that.  All I wanted was a basic phone to make and receive calls on.  I wanted to stay with a Nokia, since I've had very good luck with them and the reception is a lot better than several other cell phone brands.  In our area, reception is iffy at best.  The phone is also very sturdy and can take the abuse of occasionlly being dropped!

The Nokia 2610 has no frills or thrills, yet it's very reliable and works exactly the way I need a cell phone to work.  The phone is simple to use, and yet I do not have dropped calls, or fade outs.  I know there are a few games on it, but I don't use them.  I have no clue if the phone has internet capabilities or not since that wouldn't be something I'm interested in.  I know I can send and receive text messages, but again, not something I need.

Basic phone for those who want simple.

from Jasper, TX

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This Nokia 2610 cellphone was the first cellphone that I ever received. Me being a person who didn't really get up on cellphones till around a couple of years ago, I needed a phone that was basic, and wouldn't take long for me to learn how to use. This is a basic phone for those who want and appreciate simple. It doesn't have many features, and the phone itself is so small that its very easy to drop. I know I dropped mine plenty of times. The buttons are also very small, so its very easy to make a mistake when texting or dialing a number. There is no camera, or video capabilities, but it has a decent battery life along with decent talk, text, messenger, and basic e-mail capabilities. I give this phone an average rating due to its limited features. Overall this is not a bad phone, but its just lacking in technology because its an older model. If you are someone who needs a basic phone, or you aren't really tech savvy, this would be a great phone for you.