View more cell phones

Nokia - Cell Phone

Nokia - Cell Phone

3.9

It was ok I guess

When I got this phone it was an upgrade from another phone that I had. I wanted a phone that had camera features and wasn't so bulky as my candy bar style phones were.It was less bulky and did have camera features but I ended up not using them much as they were pretty poor. It weighed about the same as my previous phone but its clam shell design shrunk its surface design and was more wearable than previous phones.
connectivity was better on this phone than most others that I've ever had. That is the one feature that I miss about this phone. Call quality was good and the sound was better than average.
The front display wasn't a bad size at about an inch but the main display was small and on top of that resolution wasn't all that good.
The organizer features I liked and were usable.
It had a programmable FM radio that I kind of liked.
The cameras both video and still were poor low resolution junks of junk. There was no flash and only a few features.
Game play wasn't all that great either with such a small display and clunky keys.
It was pretty durable until I accidentally dropped it into a trash compactor while it was running. Funny thing though was even after the compactor stopped its cycle and I was calling my phone from another phone trying to locate it (not realizing that I had dropped it into the compactor) I could hear it ringing sort of..lol.
The internet wasn't the greatest either. It had EDGE but the smallness of the screen and limitations of mobile web at the time made it a not so pleasant experience.

connectivity was awesome. The phones features were not so awesome.

Voice Quality
I loved this part of it. It wasn't my best sounding phone but it was close.

Battery Life
Battery life was good for the time. Like 4 hours talk time and 14 day idle time.

It survived getting crushed by a trash compactor but was severely injured.

It was very easy to use and figure out how to use. I think that may have been the point. The features were not the greatest because it was a beginner phone.

I liked the style and size but it could have been reworked with bigger display and smaller less slippery keys and a flash.

good but breaks easily

i got this phone because the speaker went on my other phone.  it was reasonably priced, but bad quality.  i was careful with the phone and dropped it once.  you could tell the phone was coming apart just from flipping it open and the one time i dropped it the antenna broke and although the phone still works, its often hard to get a signal or i have to take the antenna out and put it back in the phone to be able to call someone.  i know a friend who had the same phone and she had to replace it a little over a year after she got it.  i wouldnt recommending purchasing this phone.

It was ok I guess

from Warren, MI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The organizer features I liked and were usable.
It had a programmable FM radio that I kind of liked.

connectivity was awesome. The phones features were not so awesome.

Voice Quality
I loved this part of it. It wasn't my best sounding phone but it was close.

Battery Life

It survived getting crushed by a trash compactor but was severely injured.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

for those who don't need bells and whistles

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

good phone for those of us who just need something to keep in touch while away from a landline. i, personally, use a pay-as-you-go plan, so i don't use the internet, download ringtones or wallpapers, or anything fancy. just texting and phonecalls. and my phone is perfect for what i need. i do get occasional signal problems (low or non-existent), but it's never really been an inconvenience.

Love this little phone

from Abilene, TX

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This phone is great!  The only thing I don't like is that when you flip the phone closed, it doesn't take you back out to the main menu.  You have to exit each menu screen.  I would also like it if it rang longer before going to voicemail.  Or maybe had the option to select number of rings before switching to voicemail.

Simple & easy to use.

from Fairfield, OH

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This phone is very easy to use & works great for what I use it for. I find that it is too easy to connect to the internet especially when it is not needed. The voicemail system is simple & easy to use. The camera phone works well for simple projects.

It's okay, but not great.

from Lakewood, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This phone is good for basic uses--calls, simple text messaging and simple (low quality) photos. It is very cheaply made, however, and feels as if the buttons are about to come off. It has an LCD sceen on the front and a screen inside, but the phone itself feels like you could easily break it (or at least the screens) if you were to drop it even once. It is really easy to use, but could have a better layout for texting.

very practical

from San Marcos, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

When I signed up my family for a contract also offered several phones for free since the contract lasts for quite some time. Of some of the phones this phone, the 6102i really stood out to me. It is true that it is an introductory phone and it really cannot compete against the top-of-the-line phones are out right now but that is fine and I'm sure the users of this phone in my household do not mind because they know that when it comes to it this phone will be faithful and not break down on them. It has a small screen that is very practical and displays everything that you need to know. It displays the time the battery life who is calling the numbers of course and overall it is just extremely practical. If you want a no-frills no extra features down to the necessities type of phone then I highly recommend picking up cell phones like this one.

good basic phone

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

Well in typical Nokia fashion, this is a good simple reliable phone. This phone, if it is not obvious, is a low entry model, designed for those who do not require a sophisticated phone. My mother has this phone under a free upgrade plan (with a 2 year contract). It is essentially a no frills phone. You are essentially limited to just texting and calling people. That is fine because most people who would even be remotely interested in this type of phone only really care about those two features anyhow. Texting is decent, phone calls are excellent. Nokia is known for quality signal and this phone is not an exception to this rule. In addition, this phone is very reliable, something Nokia is also known for. My mom has dropped her 6102i phone numerous times and the scratches on the phone are evidence of the abuse it has suffered. Still, it is still going strong with zero signs of being defective. My big complaint with this phone is that it is a rather ugly phone--it is not easy to look at. But, that is simply my own opinion.

great phone !!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

every nokia phone i ever review will always receive a 5 star from me except the nokia nuron. but besides that all these nokia phone are awesome. so reliable. so strong and they work so well. i had this one for a while and it was a really good phone. the thing i love about this phone is how good the speaker works. i know with the older nokia phones the speaker was not that great but they did start making them much better and if i rememeber right this was one of the first phones with a good speaker. the other thing i liked about this phone is that it has a memory card spot and the box came with a free one for you. it was only like a  1 G but still not a bad start. the only bad thing i remember about this phone is because it was not silver it's almost like they spray painted this phone black so the black was very easy to chip off and they it looked bad having a black and silver phone..but besides that it was great.

Great phone but fell apart

from Bridgeton, MO

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

My wife and I  have had our phones for awhile.  Her antenna fell off and I glued the thing back together but I have a better signal than she does now.  Mine has been fine and I drop mine alot more than her.  I like the features and menu on the phone.  It's kinda strange how one phones quality can change so much when they are made at almost the same time and place.  My battery life is about double of what my wifes is.  That is also very strange.

This phone is terrific, takes abuse and still keeps working.

from Elizabethtown, PA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I have this phone 3 years and it still works fine. I even left it outside in the rain one night. Brought it back in the house the next day and took the back off and the battery out of it. Then I put all the pieces in a shallow dish of raw minute rice. After two days I put it back together and have been using it ever since.