Other Video Game Consoles:

Nintendo DS Black Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

The best RPG platform since the Playstation.

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

The DS is a solid system, excelling at old-school RPGs in ways that haven't been seen since the original Playstation. With an exhaustive library of games, the DS performs better than most of the current gen systems while maintaining its portability.

Game changing

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

This is by far one of the best mobile game consoles of all time. Although it might be a little outdated now, 20 years from now we're going to look back at this and saw "wow". This is my second favorite handheld console behind the gameboy advance sp (sorry more childhood memories).

Graphics Quality
No issues with the graphics, I love it, even if its a bit older now and the graphics are better, theres nothing wrong with the graphics on this.

Game Variety
Amazing, what else can I say? Nintendo really stepped up when it came to ds games, I know everybody doesn't like pokemon games but there was such a big game variety even in that, from your normal pokemon games, to pokemon mystery dungeon, and pokemon ranger. Even other games like lego star wars, and spectrobes, I had a blast playing.

Controller Comfort
I could and did play on this thing for hours, it really fit my hands nice. I really like the position of the stylus.

Very easy to use. No problems.

I haven't had any problems with it, but I do know a lot of peoples hinges breaking on them, this shouldn't be a problem if you take care of it though.

GameStop Refurbished/Recharged Nintendo DS

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

The actual game system works when you get it, but you'll never be able to get a replacement charger cord from them! I purchased this system for my son, just a month ago. Our cat chewed the cord to the charger, making it useless. I went online to order a replacement charger and saw the picture of the exact one that came with his game system. There were NO product details to verify that this charger was for any system. I just had to go by picture and reviews alone. When we received the charger, it was NOT the one in the picture. This is where the nightmare begins....Over the past two and a half weeks, I have spent over 12 hours of either hold time or time trying to get the issues over this charger resolved. The customer service is terrible. They even told me "you can't trust the pictures on our site or even the product details to be correct". I would highly warn anyone wanting to purchase this system.

Graphics Quality
When the charger was still working, the game looked and played quite well. The graphics for all my son's games showed up excellent in the screen. The screen was in excellent condition. It also came with a bonus pack, of a screen saver (plastic cover to place over the screen) a cleaning cloth and ear plugs.

Game Variety
There are literally millions of games still available for this system. You can save tons of money by buying the pre-owned games too.

Controller Comfort
Using either the built in controllers or the stylus that comes with the system is a breeze. My son is autistic and has ADHD and he has no problems at all with this system.

It is quite easy to use, as long as you keep it charged frequently. However, if you ever lose that charger or it breaks, you will have a nightmare finding another charger. GameStop does not have any charger that will replace this. They show another one, that is twice the price, that is supposed to replace the charger, but again, it does now fit the Nintendo DS, first generation. The pictures on the web site are very misleading.

The actual system is very durable. It's the most hardy of all the DS systems. Much more hardy than the DS Light. However, the charger is not that durable. Even with good care, they do fail easily. My oldest son had one and took excellent care of the charger and it failed within a few months.

• Controller Comfort:

great way to pass the time while traveling

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

love to use when traveling and the trip starts to get tedious or even for short trips when I'd rather play than talk. has a great variety of games, is really durable and a good value for the price. I've had mine for years and it the one system I constantly return to. my nephews have one too (ages 7 & 10) and while they can be kind of rough on it, hasn't broke yet.

Ideal for first console

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

Some malfunctions after months of use.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are not amazing but playable.

Game Variety
There are may games but not all of them are good. There are certain games that are the focus for this console such as pokemon and mario kart.

Controller Comfort
The buttons are placed out well. The use of letters makes it very easy to use.

Very easy to use as described above.

My keys kept jamming making it virtually impossible to play some games.

Nintendo D.S Love it

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

Love this product, recommend it to anybody who likes hardcore or casual gaming

Graphics Quality
Love the graphics emensly. Ive never had a problem and the colors are great.

Game Variety
Love that it has so many games that can be played on it however I wish that some of the newer games that have been coming out recently could be played on any ds system rather than just the 3DS

Controller Comfort
I love that you can play it anywhere. In the car, at home, litereally anywhere. Its small enough that you can store it in a purse or bag but large enough that you wont lose it easily. The buttons are spaced nice and evenly apart so theres no reaching to hit something in the middle of a game.

Setting it up takes forever, however once you figure out all of your personal settings, it is super easy to play any game you have. provided you know what buttons to push. and when...

I've had mine for going on four years now. however my brother had one and his broke after about a year. Hinges start to wear after a while and its gotten quite a few scratches on it however it still functions and everything works.

Great

Comments about Nintendo DS Black Console:

I love my nintendo DS. I gotmine when I was I was in elemamtary school (maybe 4th or 5th grade?) and now im a senior in high school and I STILL use it! hah its so much fun, and it makes me feel like such a kid when talking on pictichat. It has such a neat design with the two screen, and it so super easy to use. It has a great design, and wonderful battery life. There is an endless amount of games for it, which makes it almost impossible to become bored if you own one of these. My favorite game was animal crossing, I am literally addicted. Its also great for Mario games which are always fun. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Great buy.