4.9
Nintendo - 3DS XL Console

Nintendo - 3DS XL Console

4.9

• Controller Comfort:

I will bay again to my girl

from Sarasota fl us

About Me Casual Gamer

Pros

• Challenging
  • Easy to learn
  • Fun To Play
  • Good Audio
  • Graphics
  • Kid Appropriate
  • Multiplayer

• Teenagers
    • Young Children

Wow the screen is big than the normal 3ds i loved

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

am love Nintendo 3DS XL

from Tangier,Morocco

Pros

• Challenging
    • Easy to learn
    • Fun To Play
    • Good Audio
    • Graphics
    • Kid Appropriate
    • Multiplayer

• All Ages

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

It's a very beautiful and big and can play with your friends

• Was this a gift?:

Handy little gaming system with quite a few surprises!

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

I received this product for Christmas. My first thought was that it was an expensive piece of gaming equipment I would rarely use. And then I started playing with it.

I would definitely recommend getting the XL screen size. It is way bigger and very nice. The 3DS fits very comfortably in my hands and is easy to navigate. The 3D features are really cool, but can sometimes make my head spin if staring at them too long. But this is no problem. Just move down the 3D slide to either turn off the 3D feature or lower the intensity.

I was pleasantly surprised to find you can do many things on the 3DS, including purchasing games online through the nintendo store and downloading them directly to the DS. You can also watch Hulu and other videos on this system, which I thought was really neat. You can connect to the internet and chat with friends as well.
      The battery life is excellent on this system as well, and I find that I don't often have to be running for a charger.
      While it is a bit spendy, this gaming system is very handy. You can take it on the go to play games, watch shows, and communicate with others. Another handy feature is you can connect with other people to play with them as well. This little system packs quite a punch!

BIG3DS

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

A big 3DS. Great, if the size doesn't bother you too much while traveling. Overall, better for the eyes, big screens, and better to hold than the original.

Graphics Quality
      Big screen, but it doesn't make it look distorted or anything of the sort. Good graphics. 3D functionality still activatable.

Game Variety
      The game library is still expanding every day/week/month. This is one of Nintendo's bigger consoles, so people are still developing for it. Great games.

Controller Comfort
      Feels much better to hold, when compared to a 2DS and the regular sized 3DS. Feels more natural, I guess.

Easy to use, just like any other 3DS, but slightly clunky for traveling because of its size.

If your 3DS was durable, try the XL. It can take a beating. Don't do it on purpose though. That would be a bad way to waste money. Anyways, this system is really durable, can withstand much dropping, but try not to do it too often/much. Still has fragile hardware inside, so be careful.

Amazing

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

This handheld console is just amazing all-around. There are very minimal flaws with this console that are completely overshadowed by the whole entirety of this product. This system is quite durable and has an amazing aspect ratio that allows gaming on a larger screeen with very minimal pixel stretching, and holds very confortably in your hands. The only complaint about the console is the lack of sound that emits from the speakers and how low quality the camera is, but since this is a gaming console, the camera isnt a huge deal.

Graphics Quality
      Surperb quality on most games with a few minor details that are hardly noticible while playing.

Game Variety
      Definitely needs more selections, but is not lacking in good titles.

Controller Comfort
      Good grip and stability for those with larger hands.

Very easy to handle and traverse.

The clamshell design provides for a fragile hinge structure, but there are products sold for broken hinges to make up for this.

Great!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

My 8 year old daughter begged us for a 3DS. She saved her money and was finally able to purchase one. I am not sure who was more excited, me or her. We were amazed at how large the XL screen is compared to the regular screens. It seemed like she was holding a small tablet because the screen was so large. We also like the fact that you can adjust the level of 3D on the screen. If your eyes are sensitive to the 3D effect you can turn it off or turn it down. If you like an intense 3D, you can turn it on high. She also likes to connect on the internet channel to download freebies and games. Also, it has something called StreetPass. If you happen to pass someone out in public that has StreetPass, you can connect with each other somehow and see each other’s towns on certain games like Animal Crossing. There is one strange thing though. My son has a DSi and the volume on his is so much louder than the 3DS. It seems to not have a loud volume and sometimes she would like for it to be louder. Overall this has been a great purchase. My daughter loves it and has tons of fun.

• Controller Comfort:

Decent portable gaming device.

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

The 3DS is a great console. Nintendo also finally brought digital downloads. Now all they have to do is fix their DRM. Anyways, It's great to play on the go. The kids love it, and with the great variety of games, there's no way to go wrong! With games like Pokemon X and Y, Mario Party, and Virtual Console games, you can never go wrong!

Graphics Quality
      The graphics quality for the 3DS is amazing. Can't say the same for the 3DS XL. The 3DS Xl has a 90% larger screen, but not a 90% better resolution. You can see pixels and such while playing, so unless you are a complete graphics crazer, then it isn't bad.

Game Variety
      Has a decent game variety in store, but not in the eShop. The eShop is overpriced and lacks games.

Controller Comfort
      Extremely comfortable device. Molds perfectly to your hand.

Extremely easy to use, kind of like an Apple device.

Not exactly sure how durably it is, but it's handled a few falls and drops without scuffs, and doesn't scratch too easily.

• Controller Comfort:

Great upgrade to the ds xl that I previously had

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

This year I decided to treat myself to a nitendo ds xl upgrade by purchasing the Nintendo 3DS XL. I am so happy that I did. It is fantastic. I love that I can play my old games on this system (they do not show as 3D) and I am very happy with the 3D games I have purchased to go with my system. The 3D graphics are fantastic. I love the larger screen and the controls are great.

Graphics Quality
      The graphics are amazing!!! So far I only have 3 3D games but they are so much fun to play on this. The graphics are clear and look amazing.

Game Variety
      I love that you can play your previous games on this console as well as 3D games. So far the 3D game selection looks good to me. I think they come in a wide variety of choices (platform, sports, kids, etc.) There is definitely something for everyone.

Controller Comfort
      fits very easily into my hands. My son loves playing with this as well and will be getting his own at his birthday next week.

Very easy to use. I had a Nintendo ds XL before purchasing this. I love the bigger screen and the controls on this are very easy to use.

Nice and durable.

It is Awesome!!!

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

The 3DS XL is awesome. I love the big screen, even though it makes it slightly harder to carry around. The street pass feature is really cool, and with the amazing games, I will not be bored for a long time. I have been playing my 3DS even instead of my PC. The 3D effect is ok; it doesn't seem to make a difference to the games. I would definitely buy this, although it is probably a good idea to get one of the game bundles, as it usually comes with a cool skin or something else.

Graphics Quality
      The graphics are very nice, nothing mind blowing but very solid. Probably around gamecube level.

Game Variety
      There are so many amazing games to choose from from many different genres. Super Mario 3D land, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Fire Emblem are all amazing, and that is just the tip of the hat.

Controller Comfort
      My hands are slightly too big still for the left and right triggers; the distance to reach them is awkward.

No issues yet, you probably want a protective case though.

Mostly pros, some cons

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS XL Console:

Have owned this gaming device for over a year now and it still works, which is good! If you want it for WIFI, I wouldn't suggest it. It does have internet access but it is hard to navigate.

Graphics Quality
      Comparing the screen and graphics to newer technology such as a smart phone or a new computer, I'd say the graphics are just okay. They are good enough for games though.

Game Variety
      I love how you can buy 3ds games AND regular DS games for this unit. I have noticed there are a bit more regular DS games out there on the market, so it's awesome to be able to buy either.

Controller Comfort
      Wishing it had a joystick or another way to drive on racing games for example. Other than that, the controls are just like the first Regular Nintendo. Up, down, side to side and a few other buttons.

Simple to use. There isn't much to it and hardly any buttons. For children, it's perfect.

One of my only set backs with this device is it seems it'd break so easily. I have to be very careful with it, as it is lightweight and feels almost like cheap plastic. Not sure what it's made out of, but I would suggest a carrying case.