Other Digital Cameras:
Nikon
Nikon - P80 Digital Camera

Nikon - P80 Digital Camera

The Nikon Coolpox P80 takes the best pictures I've seen.

I purchased this Nikon P80 camera to have on a recent trip to Disney World.. My husband wanted a point and shoot camera, I wanted one that had flexibility to take pictures in a variety of lighting and motion situations. We were both very pleased with the results of our pictures. From taking pictures indoor without a flash to taking pictures against a bright sky, we both were able to take great photos. We also used the P80 for taking pictures of fireworks on July 4th and the fireworks came out clear and in vibrant color. What I love most is that the pictures are never blurry even when you take pictures of action shots. You have to spend a little time with the manual. I had a previous model Nikon and the controls are in different places and so are some of the menu functions. But the zoom is spectacular, image quality is sensational -- we went on vacation and when we got back I popped the camera card in our plasma -- totally beautiful, not a hint of grain. Great lens, great color, excellent reproduction of what I see through either veiwfinder.You can shoot aperture control, shutter speed control, manual, video, sport sequence. It picks up and focuses on multiple faces in portrait modes. The flash is really strong but can be a little bright in some settings, washing out some colors.It's much much faster than my older Nikon, especially with the fast SD card I bought with it.Also, it is smaller than I thought, and quite light refers to weight. Battery life is good too. It also provides manual mode, which is ideal for semi-pro photographers to practice.It has 10.1-megapixels, a 18x optical wide-angle Zoom-Nikkor glass lens and 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD display

Impressive zoom. Not so impressive in otherways

This camera has a great zoom and 10.1 megapixels.  With the automatic function outside in natural light I get great photos even in the fast action sports mode.  But indoors is another story.  Seldom does automatic mode get the lighting right which results in off color photos.  If you have the skill to set the adjustments yourself, buy a SLR.  If you will be relying on the automatic function and will be taking a lot of indoor pictures, buy another camera.

Excellent Camera with Excellent features

Love this camera

Image Quality
The images are crisp and clear. Zooming does not make the image hazy, unlike some cameras.

The buttons are clear and easy to find!

I've had the camera for years, and it still works just fine!

Battery Life
I'd like it if the camera had a longer battery life, but the good part is that it doesn't take long to charge.

Portability
Fits in most camera cases.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

My husband loves his Nikon P80 Digital Camera

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

My husband is a schooled Professional Photographer. This is his pick. It gives him everything he needs to get those great outdoor pictures of animals and birds. It is so easy to use and to put on the computer. This is how we print our Xmas letters.

Image Quality
My husband is picky and used Hasselblad and Nikon cameras in the past before digital. This is his favorite.

Again my husband is picky and the performance is excellent. His pictures and mine are clear and come out perfect for our needs.

Even I can work with this camera and I use it for indoor shots of family and friends. It is light weight compared to the older non-digital cameras . Nice size to take on vacations.

It has been dropped in the case and nothing broke.

Battery Life
A lot more battery life than the older digital cameras we had.

Portability
Light weight, the strap is just the right size, small and easy to take on vacations.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Does what I need it to.

from Redlands, CA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

I still haven't read the owner's manual and I know how to operate this camera. It may only have 3X zoom, but if you take a picture, you can still yet zoom in on the photo to 10X (aka digital zoom). This will even allow you to take a picture, and semi-crop it all within the frame of the camera. It's super cool and easy to manage. The WiFi transfer of pictures is relatively simple. The part I haven't figured out yet on that is if I need the signal to be blue or red for good reception. (I guess I'll have to read the manual after all) However, I have had this camera already for over a year and haven't had any bugs to work out yet.

really cool one

from Santa Clara, CA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

ok if you are llooking for better optical zoon then you might have to go with the Nikon cool pix S10... but this one is cool sleek and very easy to use.. It is so amazing tis quality. i gifted one to my sister who is a student she enjoys it everyday..

great camera for the money and compact too.

from Graham, WA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

Bought this right before a long cruise. It worked great. Buy a large memory card if you have lots of pictures to take. We took about 1400 pictures and still had room for more. Bonus: It uses rechargable batteries. Don't forget to take power converters if you leave the states.

wow,this cam is small,easy to use,and great quality

from Kingston, MA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

great product,this cam is about the size of a credit card with a large lcd screen,comes with charger,and built in memory so you can start to shoot . its 7 megapixels gives clear pics. the auto mode works great.this product has pic bridge wich enables you to print with a printer and not have to use a computer.

It works great for a little camera!

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

I love the pictures this takes.  It automatically adjusts the picture, if the camera shakes while taking the picture.  It has a low light setting, I like to take pictures at concerts and sometimes the pictures come out dark, not on this camera they don't!  You can also take, black & white, sepia and cyan with this camera.  I know that you can add these effects in photo shop, but if you don't have it, it's pretty cool.  It has a rechargeable nickel/cadium battery that takes up to 150 pictures before it needs charging.  I would recommend it to a friend.

Nikon-P80 Digital Camera is great!

from Essex Junction, VT

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

We have had our Nikon-P80 digital camera for a couple years now. This was not the first digital camera we have owned, and our choices in the past had left us wanting and disappointed. But, the Nikon-P80 is a great camera! The opptions that it has for settings are tremendously better then any I've used in the past. I love the motion option (image stabilization), especially when photographing kids! You can really catch those great candid moments! It is very user friendly. The size of the screen is great and a lot bigger then others that I've seen and used. We get really clear, sharp, quality pictures and I am really pleased with the photos that I've taken and had developed over the years. I also like the rechargable battery verses others that you have to constantly replace, it really holds up longer. I am truly very happy with this product, Nikon defenantly has done a good job with this camera!

Love my P80

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

Love, love love this camera.

I went from using a DSLR (Olympus) and being so frustrated to giving the P80 a try. And I love it. Takes great pictures (especially outside) but is affordable and very easy to use.

This camera allows you to shot in Auto mode (camera decides the settings) or in Manual (you decide the settings).

Great camera!

I love the Nikon P80 Camera!!

from Milo, IA

Comments about Nikon - P80 Digital Camera:

I really love the Nikon P80 camera. It is a great product!!I love the fact that is is really easy to use and handle. The pictures are really sharp and crisp. It is really easy to install in your computer. It has image stabilization which is great because sometimes when I accidentally shake the camera a little bit it stabilizes it and I can still get a very great picture. I like that it has a great zoom so I can take a great picture even from far away. I got it at a great price. My only problem is that it takes a little bit of time to take a picture so you aren't able to take a lot of pictures in a short amount of time. I love that it has a long lasting battery. It is really user friendly and it doesn't matter how computer non-savy you are you can still use it and be comfortable with it. It is a little too big to fit into your purse. But overall it is a great camera. If you are looking to buy a camera I would recommend the Nikon P80 Camera.