Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon D200 Body Only Digital Camera

Nikon D200 is Perfect for the Professional Photographer

from Berryville, VA

Comments about Nikon D200 Body Only Digital Camera:

I love the quality of pictures taken by my Nikon D200 digital camera. Despite the fact that I am just a beginner photographer (taking pictures of family functions and the kids), it makes all my pictures look so professional. When someone compliments a photo I have taken, I am quick to tell them that the shot is a product of having a great camera, not a great photographer! My husband used this camera professional for taking aerial pictures and I believe he was quite satisfied with it. I never took the time to learn all the many functions but I can get by with only knowing a few things. Pros would be great picture quality, and lots of functions for professionals to get just the right shot. Cons would be that the camera is not for beginners and is difficult to understand unless you have a background in photography. Another con is that the camera is very heavy (but so are all cameras of this type).

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pro level camera with low cost of ownership

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about Nikon D200 Body Only Digital Camera:

I purchased this camera body over 2 years ago.  At the time I paid 1700.00 now the camera is difficult if not impossible to find new and the price is about 600.00. The D200 has a built-in pop up flash, handy in a spur of the moment situation, but you would be better off with a external flash such as sb600. For low light photography I typically crank up the ISO, but notice some noise after 800-1000. Shooting outdoors in daytime the picture quality is top notch, but indoors you will need to adjust the built in wb (white balance) dependent on the exisiting lighting. I notice that the camera tends to produce a slight orange tint when shooting indoors, but this can be corrected either with manually setting wb, using a grey card, or adjust the picture *post* by shooting raw.

The camera body itself has a good solid feel to it, but might be heavy for some. There are access points for remote shutter and it is covered with a cap. (be sure to save this cap since it easy to loose and cost roughly 5.00 to replace) Battery life is very good. I can take pictures all day on one charge. I suggest buying a spare for when you travel.

Overall a very good camera and I would buy it again.

Durable Advanced DSLR Camera

from Columbiana, OH

Comments about Nikon D200 Body Only Digital Camera:

The Nikon D200 DSLR Camera is built to last! The body is made of more than plastic unlike the lower models. The camera is fully programable- there are so many adjustments it can make your head spin. But this is coming from an amateur who found a great deal on a camera that I could begin to learn and practice a more manual photography with. I was also looking for a Nikon camera with autofocus in the body so that I could use prime lenses without autofocus on the lens.

I have found it to be a bit difficult to learn, but I have had little time to devote to learning. I'm at the point where I can take a decent photo, but nothing spectacular. I've had a difficult time adjusting to the various focus modes and metering modes. The flash is just as crummy as in any other Nikon camera and will really light up your subject a bit too much in my opinion. Due to the bulk of the camera, I have found getting crystal clear images to be a challenge.

I love that it has customizable white balance and use that feature often although auto white balance does a great job in most situations. The diopter allows you to adjust your sharpness to your eyesight. The battery life is moderately long. It has four different shooting menu banks so that you can set four completely different menu settings. The rest I've yet to learn! :D